• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Not saying it makes sense, just saying what it likely is.

But why would it be considered Post-Game, considering that said Guide also doesn't cover a map of Sea Spirit's Den, despite it having a slide for it and more Post-Game value than the Chamber of Emptiness.

On that note, the entire lower half of Route 22 isn't documented, most likely due to the fact that you need Waterfall to access it, and that it's first accessible before the 1st Gym, and due to the Chamber of Emptiness being situated at the lower half, it would logically be discluded either because said area was forgotten about, or discluded due to it being such an old area and having a jump from before 1st to after last Gym or vice-versa us simply too large to cover without some confusion.

Machomacho

I don't know if this goes here but will post it anyways....

My friend said something about a new update coming along for x and y where you get to own a hotel and there is a lot more post game stuff to do. Has anyone heard of this rumor. He said he found it online...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know if this goes here but will post it anyways....

My friend said something about a new update coming along for x and y where you get to own a hotel and there is a lot more post game stuff to do. Has anyone heard of this rumor. He said he found it online...

That is most definitely not true.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The bay itself is an area accessible as you're passing through, makes sense they'd throw it in there. You pass through Route 16 and the Lost Hotel in your travels as well.

That Route 22 area is literally right next to the entrance of Victory Road, so even then you'd still be passing by there.

But, eh, it's rather irrelevant, really, it's just a plain empty space with two Items.

altars

Legendary Collector
That Route 22 area is literally right next to the entrance of Victory Road, so even then you'd still be passing by there.

But, eh, it's rather irrelevant, really, it's just a plain empty space with two Items.

It's the perfect place for me and my Pokemon team to meditate? x3 I mean there is an item and mega-stone in the cave-- that's enough for me. xD

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
For some reason, it's snowing in Dendimille town. I've never seen this before. Is it because it's Christmas time and the developers planned it this way, or it usually snows at certain periods in the month based on the date?
I'm always visitng the move deleters and reminder house, so I don't see snow usually.

diakyu

For some reason, it's snowing in Dendimille town. I've never seen this before. Is it because it's Christmas time and the developers planned it this way, or it usually snows at certain periods in the month based on the date?
I'm always visitng the move deleters and reminder house, so I don't see snow usually.
It snows randomly all through the year there.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
My god I never hated a route more than route 13 in the Kalos region. The annoying "dirt" Pokemon that won't leave you alone, plus the annoying wind that makes it harder to skate on those rails. What made them decide this was a good idea? -_-

On a plus note, I love design and the concept behind the route. Though wish we could explore the other locked laboratories more.

Harty4United

I think I in comparison from previous generations, X and Y just lack in the post game. There isn't much to do after the game compared to some of the previous generations. Johto and Black and White 2 I think have been the best for post game. But who knows what Nintendo has up their sleeves

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My god I never hated a route more than route 13 in the Kalos region. The annoying "dirt" Pokemon that won't leave you alone, plus the annoying wind that makes it harder to skate on those rails. What made them decide this was a good idea? -_-

The wind is annoying, I'll give you that. But the Pokemon? It's supposed to be like tall grass, they don't want you to get through it without going through a few battles.

On a plus note, I love design and the concept behind the route. Though wish we could explore the other locked laboratories more.

I do too, but I have a feeling they're all identical and not really worth exploring.

I think I in comparison from previous generations, X and Y just lack in the post game. There isn't much to do after the game compared to some of the previous generations. Johto and Black and White 2 I think have been the best for post game. But who knows what Nintendo has up their sleeves

Indeed. There's a lot of empty room in the south, and that would've been good for extra post game areas. Maybe next time we go to Kalos, they'll do exactly that.

diakyu

I really didn't mind the dirt stuff anymore than the annoying snow/mud crap they pulled in Sinnoh. Both were interesting concepts but got old quick. Now a route with just the wind stuff would be interesting.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
The wind is annoying, I'll give you that. But the Pokemon? It's supposed to be like tall grass, they don't want you to get through it without going through a few battles.

Difference is in regular tall grass you can actually put up a repel(s) to avoid all that, but not on Route 13.

Honestly, to me that route just felt like the constant ground pokemon were predators, hunting you down constantly! (I'm looking at you arena trap Dugtrio -_- lol)

Talk about adding insult to injury. The fact that they had so much trapping abilities/moves certainly did not help.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

It's an interesting concept though, and it's just for one route. Then you literally never have to worry about it again. Plus, it's not like there's much reason to ever return to that route later on, so it's a mild inconvenience at its worst.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's an interesting concept though, and it's just for one route. Then you literally never have to worry about it again. Plus, it's not like there's much reason to ever return to that route later on, so it's a mild inconvenience at its worst.

Unless you need to evolve your Magneton or Nosepass. In-game, you won't get a Magneton until much later, and at that level, it's definitely annoying if you lack a Rare Candy. It's the only reason you'll ever go back there, but leveling those guys against wild Ground types? GF trolling at its finest.

Also, at the lack of post-game in X/Y, I honestly can't say I'm too bothered by it. It's not like Pokemon games ever have much post game until remakes with the exception of Johto (not like Kanto was executed that well anyway), so it's not anything we're not used to. More content would definitely be cool, but I'm not complaining that we don't have B2/W2 level of post-game.

KillerDraco

Unless you need to evolve your Magneton or Nosepass. In-game, you won't get a Magneton until much later, and at that level, it's definitely annoying if you lack a Rare Candy. It's the only reason you'll ever go back there, but leveling those guys against wild Ground types? GF trolling at its finest.

In all honesty, I had forgotten about those two. Nevertheless, GF's trolling is nothing new; Rotom-S "double immunity" and Final Gambit Shedinja have always seemed to be a sign that GF doesn't take itself too seriously.

As for post-game content... it still has more than, oh say, Ruby and Sapphire (and of course, Gen 1 with its one thing to do as post-game content, catching Mewtwo). One new town with the Battle Maison, two stationary legendaries to catch, one roaming legendary (albeit one that becomes stationary, which admittedly was weird). I'd say that puts it smack dab in the middle of the post-game spectrum. In my opinion, as far as amount of content available post-game, Johto > Unova > Sinnoh > Kalos > Hoenn > Kanto with respect to the original pair of versions. Third versions (or sequels in the case of B2W2) do tend to have more content available than their respective pairs, so if we see a Pokemon Z, it'll probably have a more respectable amount of post-game content.

Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.