• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
In all honesty, I had forgotten about those two. Nevertheless, GF's trolling is nothing new; Rotom-S "double immunity" and Final Gambit Shedinja have always seemed to be a sign that GF doesn't take itself too seriously.

As for post-game content... it still has more than, oh say, Ruby and Sapphire (and of course, Gen 1 with its one thing to do as post-game content, catching Mewtwo). One new town with the Battle Maison, two stationary legendaries to catch, one roaming legendary (albeit one that becomes stationary, which admittedly was weird). I'd say that puts it smack dab in the middle of the post-game spectrum. In my opinion, as far as amount of content available post-game, Johto > Unova > Sinnoh > Kalos > Hoenn > Kanto with respect to the original pair of versions. Third versions (or sequels in the case of B2W2) do tend to have more content available than their respective pairs, so if we see a Pokemon Z, it'll probably have a more respectable amount of post-game content.

Maybe.

Wait, Final Gambit Shedinja is a thing? Well then, that's a new one for me.

And yeah, it's not the worst, but regardless, I'm not bothered by the supposed lack of post-game content in X/Y. The Battle Maison itself trumps the Tower/Subway in terms of what it can offer, so I'm fine with what we've got. And yes, whatever sequel/remake we get will definitely include more post-game. With the empty space in the region, we could easily get more areas the same way B2/W2 added areas. Then we can bring the Couriway Town train station in the equation, so the next games have a lot to draw upon.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Ok so I am at the lost hotel and I'm trying to get the trashcans to shake by entering and exciting the area and nothing is happening. I've been doing this for about half an hour now. Am I doing something wrong? If so,
how to get them to shake?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ok so I am at the lost hotel and I'm trying to get the trashcans to shake by entering and exciting the area and nothing is happening. I've been doing this for about half an hour now. Am I doing something wrong? If so,
how to get them to shake?

Entering and exiting won't do anything, each day the cans will randomly shake, you'll have to try again tomorrow.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Unless you need to evolve your Magneton or Nosepass. In-game, you won't get a Magneton until much later, and at that level, it's definitely annoying if you lack a Rare Candy. It's the only reason you'll ever go back there, but leveling those guys against wild Ground types? GF trolling at its finest.

Wait, that's where you evolve them this game? Never would've expected that.

Also, at the lack of post-game in X/Y, I honestly can't say I'm too bothered by it. It's not like Pokemon games ever have much post game until remakes with the exception of Johto (not like Kanto was executed that well anyway), so it's not anything we're not used to. More content would definitely be cool, but I'm not complaining that we don't have B2/W2 level of post-game.

Compared to DP and BW, it is kind of bothering. Both of those games at least had some post game routes. What does XY have? One city and one dungeon? In terms of game mechanics, I guess they're roughly similar (I'll have to go back and compare them), but in terms of new areas, we haven't had so little post game content since Emerald.

And yeah, it's not the worst, but regardless, I'm not bothered by the supposed lack of post-game content in X/Y. The Battle Maison itself trumps the Tower/Subway in terms of what it can offer, so I'm fine with what we've got. And yes, whatever sequel/remake we get will definitely include more post-game. With the empty space in the region, we could easily get more areas the same way B2/W2 added areas. Then we can bring the Couriway Town train station in the equation, so the next games have a lot to draw upon.

South Kalos is definitely ripe for new areas. If we get XY2, we could probably start out in a new area south of Camphrier Town and come up that way to Lumiose City. Also, they could probably add more post game areas branching off from Kiloude City. Since it's a tropical area, maybe we can get jungle areas, a volcano, ruins, maybe a water route. Could be an interesting post game section. And then maybe we can get more areas connecting to the Rt. 9/Glittering Cave area.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
When I started Pokemon Y and saw the region I wondered how much would be in the post game, I was very disappointed that only uhm, ONE town was the post game... and that space south I thought would be freed up...
That and the fact that when you are riding on pokemon (Nice touch though) they're quite slow and can only ride them in certain areas and if you want to leave halfway though, you have to tolerate the annoying controls and slowness to finally fly away.
But as for the region itself, I find it very pleasing to the eye, with cliffs over looking the sea, stepping stone things, rails and the detail is beautiful, and the music is amazing!

So my Kalos has been seeming weird lately. First of all, it's stormy outside, everywhere. Not a peep of sun. Makes everything seem so dreary. Second of all, my Pokemon Centers' columns in the front have been a dark grey, instead of the normal blue. What's up with this? It kinda ruins the beauty of Kalos seeing it in a dark and gloomy way. Sorry if this is the wrong topic or it has already been covered. I've just wondering about it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why in Arceus' name is there a monorail in Couramine City? Did the city fall for that monorail scam in that one episode of the Simpsons?

JW1004

When I started Pokemon Y and saw the region I wondered how much would be in the post game, I was very disappointed that only uhm, ONE town was the post game... and that space south I thought would be freed up...

I agree. that is the only dissapointment of this game so far for me, since there is basically nothing to do post-game if you don't use the battle maison and it also feels pretty stupid to send over your Pokémon with bank when it finally gets a official release, but basically only be able to breed, battle online or battle the maison.
But the region itself could have been nicer with one town for the maison, one for the friend safari and maybe a mid-sized city with something.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I couldn't find a better thread to post this in so apologies in advance but this thread seems to be the most relevant currently. This falls under Pokemon X and Y mysteries but there isn't a thread for it so I will post here.

I feel there are a few things in game that we should be working on trying to solve as a community as it seems as though there are a few things in game which have not been fully unraveled yet. Of course these strange in game occurrences might not even lead anywhere but the more people trying to get answers to these, the better chance we have. Remember the tourist in the hotels of Kalos which gives the Strange Souvenir item? You have to speak to him four days in a row to get the item and he changes location every day. It's an obscure way to get this item and I feel there are other little events in this game that the community have not figured out yet. I'll list them below. (There really should be an unsolved mysteries thread.)

1. In Jaune Plaza in Lumiose City, there are two female characters. One mentions that there is a Lava Dome pokemon in Jaune Plaza. Another mentions something about mimicking pokemon cries in the plaza. Has anyone been able to bring a Heatran to this area yet? I can't because of pokebank's delay.

2. In Lumiose Station there is a note on the back of the timetable screen furthest away from the entrance. It mentions that someone needs help and asks someone to wait in the usual spot. Interestingly there is a little boy nearby who says that 'it should be around here somewhere'.

3. In the Lumiose Press building, the editor in chief left a memo on the desk saying that she is gone deep into the mountains to pursue a mythical pokemon.

4. In the Parfum palace there are statues of Reshiram and Zekrom facing one another. There are 4 sets of hedges in the area. When viewed from above these 4 hedges are shaped like a Solrock, a male Pyroar, a Chandelure and a 4th pokemon or shape which is tough to figure out. Perhaps if we bring the four pokemon here, we could activate something in relation to the statues.

5. The locked power plant. There are three locked entrances on route 13 which cannot be accessed. My gut feeling on this one is that it is related to an unreleased event.

6. The ghost girl in Lumiose. When you enter an empty building, there is a ghost girl which floats across the screen and says "No, you are not the one" and then disappears. She has the appearance of a Hex Maniac. Interestingly, there is another Hex Maniac girl on the 4th floor of the Hotel Richissime in Lumiose City which says something like 'Don't talk to me or I won't hear the elevator". I tried bringing a Rotom to her (as Rotom messed up an elevator in a previous game but this doesn't do anything.)

Anyway that's all for now, I'm sure most of you are aware of some or all of these but I wanted to mention them for those who never heard of some of these. I think we should brain storm and try to figure all this out. Personally I think 2 and 6 may be linked but really I have no idea. I have been trying different things in game to try to get an answer to any of these mysteries but have come up short so far. There is also the mystery of the train station in Couriway Town that goes nowhere yet but again, I think this could be for an event or something. If you need more information, this video is pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Pafk4yQG4

EDIT: possible breakthrough on number 4. The fourth hedge may not be a pokemon at all. It actually seems to resemble the Strange Souvenir item. I saw somebody mention this on youtube and it seems like a pretty good guess. Unfortunately I have not obtained the Strange Souvenir item in my current game (lol I came unprepared XD) I will try to bring a Chandelure, a Solrock and a male Pyroar along with the Strange souvenir to the Parfum Palace as soon as I can but it may take a couple of days. If anyone can try it today, please let us know if anything happens.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
That third one could simply be referencing Zygarde.

It could be, although mythical pokemon are considered to be ones like Mew, Deoxys, Meloetta etc that can't be caught in game through normal methods. And there is no sign of the editor in chief near Zygarde's location. At least I didn't find her yet.

Why in Arceus' name is there a monorail in Couramine City? Did the city fall for that monorail scam in that one episode of the Simpsons?

Yea this seriously annoys me, as you are flown to the pokemon centre at the top and are forced to ride the monorail down to the bottom or vice-versa. I guess they thought it would be a novel navigation concept.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
1. In Jaune Plaza in Lumiose City, there are two female characters. One mentions that there is a Lava Dome pokemon in Jaune Plaza. Another mentions something about mimicking pokemon cries in the plaza. Has anyone been able to bring a Heatran to this area yet? I can't because of pokebank's delay.

2. In Lumiose Station there is a note on the back of the timetable screen furthest away from the entrance. It mentions that someone needs help and asks someone to wait in the usual spot. Interestingly there is a little boy nearby who says that 'it should be around here somewhere'.

3. In the Lumiose Press building, the editor in chief left a memo on the desk saying that she is gone deep into the mountains to pursue a mythical pokemon.

4. In the Parfum palace there are statues of Reshiram and Zekrom facing one another. There are 4 sets of hedges in the area. When viewed from above these 4 hedges are shaped like a Solrock, a male Pyroar, a Chandelure and a 4th pokemon or shape which is tough to figure out. Perhaps if we bring the four pokemon here, we could activate something in relation to the statues.

5. The locked power plant. There are three locked entrances on route 13 which cannot be accessed. My gut feeling on this one is that it is related to an unreleased event.

6. The ghost girl in Lumiose. When you enter an empty building, there is a ghost girl which floats across the screen and says "No, you are not the one" and then disappears. She has the appearance of a Hex Maniac. Interestingly, there is another Hex Maniac girl on the 4th floor of the Hotel Richissime in Lumiose City which says something like 'Don't talk to me or I won't hear the elevator". I tried bringing a Rotom to her (as Rotom messed up an elevator in a previous game but this doesn't do anything.)

1. Some Japanese players (and Serebii himself) managed to get Pokebank. Pretty sure some of them already tried bringing Heatran in that plaza (and possibly Chatot for the mimicking thing). It should've been discovered by now, but there aren't. So it's probably a reference to a future event.

2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the message you see there is version exclusive. In Y, the person asks for help. In X, it was a reply. I only have Y so I don't know in X.

3. Probably just a reference to Zygarde (or events for prior legends).

4. I think those are just hedges, and nothing but design.

5. Obviously event-related. The Key Card to open those doors will probably be released in the future, just like the Discount Coupon for the boutiques. Recall that various NPCs mentioned the coupon. People have searched for it and tried to maximize their styles hoping that it could affect boutiques, but no luck. It was never given by any NPC because we never knew that it wasn't found in the game to begin with.

6. The ghost girl is just an easter egg, similar to other ghost girls in the past games. It's like a staple to the series now. As for the elevator girl, it's nothing special. If you examine the layout of the whole floor, the room she was in and her position by the wall is right beside the elevator.

Ah, the joys of not being able to hack into the game data...

R_N

5. Obviously event-related. The Key Card to open those doors will probably be released in the future, just like the Discount Coupon for the boutiques. Recall that various NPCs mentioned the coupon. People have searched for it and tried to maximize their styles hoping that it could affect boutiques, but no luck. It was never given by any NPC because we never knew that it wasn't found in the game to begin with.

Not obviously

People looked through both in-game (how we found things like the lati@s mega stones) and through the pgl site (how we found things like the discount coupon and gems) and there are no sort of key items for events so far as we can tell.
I will say that the reporter is probably referring to, like, Diancie or something. Mythical Pokemon refer to event Pokemon.

But otherwise I agree that these "mysteries" are not even really mysteries. They're just things for flavor that don't have any ~secret meaning~ that absolutely no one, not even any of the guides, have mentioned.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol

2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the message you see there is version exclusive. In Y, the person asks for help. In X, it was a reply. I only have Y so I don't know in X.

You're already correct, in X it's a reply.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol

Wow hang on, this seems really important to me... I missed that one during my original play through. So I went back and took a look at the 4 locked plants. Each make electricity (obviously) but I notice that the one you mentioned has a grass or plant theme (Grass type)

The other three are:
a wind themed plant (flying)
a steam themed plant (water?)
a lava themed plant (fire)

All make electricity. This gives us four typings: Electric/Grass, Electric/Fire, Electric/Flying, Electric/Water. Rotom has four forms that match this to perfection. The other being Electric/Ice which I don't see a connection for. Is there any chance that we can access these doors using the Rotom forms? I was also considering the move Dig because of the terrain but I don't have the TM yet. I will get it asap and the Rotom forms too. Couldn't hurt to try right?

BCVM22

Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.

I know I just brought them to the plants and nothing happened. It's strange though how the plants all have different themes related to those four types.

Chrissy01

Shiny Collector
I love this game! I have had so much fun playing it since it came out, I'm just waiting for Poke Bank to finally come out that way I can play with my other Pokemon in 3D too! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.