• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewillbfree

Poke Researcher
I think I figured out southern Kalos and the Friend Safari.
The owners of the daycare take all the eggs given back to them as well as all the pokemon released from their PC
terminal and take them the Southern Kalos, which has massive amounts of open space to breed and raise pokemon.
Then they take those pokemon and release them in the Friend Safari so trainers can find rare pokemon.
IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

Aerolyte

Shiny Raichu
This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

Why cant they always make cool games

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?

Grey Wind

Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?

It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.

That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.

Yeah, it's a pity, because Kiloude City would be perfect for the main games' first jungle area, and there's quite a bit of open space to the east for more post game areas.

Pilpulp

美的

Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier! Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.

Taking another look at the map, I'm severely disappointed there weren't any true island cities. Ahh wasted space. I also expected there to be more things in the north east for some reason. Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).

One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym. Weird how far out it was, but fun. I loved how fast paced the game was in terms of what you're given.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier!

Actually, I'm curious how they'd handle a Battle Frontier in this game, usually they just expand the Battle Tower into one. But the Battle Maison is smack dab in the middle of Kiloude City, so it'd be difficult to do that without changing the city's layout. It might be easier to work with the Battle Chateau, they could just bar entry into the area until post game.

Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.

I doubt they would, it's too far removed from the rest of the region and if they connected it, there'd be no reason to go down there.

One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym.

That's not the first time we've had gyms so far apart, the 2nd and 3rd gyms in DP were so far apart from one another that they were practically on opposite ends of the region.

That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.

That's correct. In the Japanese and French versions she is actually English instead.
So internationally, it wouldn't make much sense to have her in Kalos.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?

Yeah. In B2W2, half the map wasn't open until post-game. This time around, all you get is Kiloude and a few caves.
I would love a beach-side route, but a pretty one, not like Route 8.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
When I saw Kiloude's description mentioning Southern Kalos, and its picture on the in-game map, I thought it would be a tropical beach city, or at least located near a huge lake with sands on the edge and palm trees around, mimicking a beach.

GF should have done that......Kiloude would have looked so much better.

Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).

Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.

EDIT : nevermind that, between Snowbelle and Anistar there's Couriway

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.

Between Anistar and Snowbelle sits Couriway Town.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
oops, yeah. I somehow mistook Dendemille for Snowbelle :p

Yeah, between Anistar and Snowbelle there's Couriway. Which GF should totally expand in the future. That unusable train station......

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
um sorry if this was a question that is already asked.

i want to clarify about the parfum palace, has anybody tried to guess on which pokemon or anything that fits the top left portion.

some said bastiodon, bronzor and even camphrier town although i'm not sure about this - so anyone has an idea on which really fits the first one?

Status
Not open for further replies.