• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
um sorry if this was a question that is already asked.

i want to clarify about the parfum palace, has anybody tried to guess on which pokemon or anything that fits the top left portion.

some said bastiodon, bronzor and even camphrier town although i'm not sure about this - so anyone has an idea on which really fits the first one?

I don't think it's supposed to look like anything, it's just designed the way it is for chasing Furfrou.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't think it's supposed to look like anything, it's just designed the way it is for chasing Furfrou.

I agree. It's nothing special. But considering how the other 3 hedge mazes are designed after some Pokemon, it cannot be avoided that one would always think that it was based on a Pokemon as well.

Parfum could've had 5 hedge mazes. The central one for chasing Furfrou. Then the other 4 designed after Pokemon.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Does anyone know about the mysterious 'Lava Dome' Pokemon in Jaune Plaza? The only one that I think that fits that description is Heatran...
Also, I reckon that the train stop in Couriway could actually be a link to Lumiose City, as a part of a sequel's plotline involving Zygarde, who stands for natural order. Maybe it destroys some of the routes or the route 19 bridge, preventing access to Anistar City. Or it could be a link to an older region, possibly Hoenn?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does anyone know about the mysterious 'Lava Dome' Pokemon in Jaune Plaza? The only one that I think that fits that description is Heatran...

The people who reference the Lava Dome Pokemon (which is Heatran) are the same ones mimicking Pokemon cries earlier in the game, and are likely mimicking them post-game.

Georg3

Team Magma cultist
IronThunder1604, I totally agree with your predictions about Zygarde in a potential sequel, and I also think that like Unova in B2/W2, new areas will be added to the Kalos region for extra gameplay, lacking in X and Y- check the Kalos region map and you'll see empty areas available. However what I don't want is that in the sequel - if ever there is one- is another B2/W2 legendary mix up, like with Black Kyurem etc.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
IronThunder1604, I totally agree with your predictions about Zygarde in a potential sequel, and I also think that like Unova in B2/W2, new areas will be added to the Kalos region for extra gameplay, lacking in X and Y- check the Kalos region map and you'll see empty areas available. However what I don't want is that in the sequel - if ever there is one- is another B2/W2 legendary mix up, like with Black Kyurem etc.

Well, it wouldn't make as much sense this time, but why wouldn't you want that? You could stick with the same version and get both legendaries that way.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
What's everyone's favorite Kalosian city? My favorite city has to be Laverre City. It's so pretty with the leaves falling down and the clock tower!

My favorite city is Shalour City, because it reminds me of Mont Saint-Michel. Don't get me wrong, i like Kalos, i think it's a great region that's very expansive and has many different kinds of areas, but i was a little disappointed with the lack of an area based off Normandy (mainly Normandy Beach). I felt like the route that fed off into the great bay area could've been this area, mainly because Shalour City is similar to Mont Saint-Michel, and that area is very close to Normandy.

elorasheppard

For me it has to be Snowbelle city, just for all the snow, and the wonderful boutiques :)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just in case some people are interested, the cloudless Kalos map can be seen here: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Kalos_alt.png
It's funny how we thought a lot of things that are going to be under there when it was only just Kiloude.

This map is horribly empty, there's so much space on the south and southeast side of the map it's ridiculous. Really wish they'd have used those for post game sections, but I guess it's up to Z/XY2 to do that.

kisspower12

I am me
I really loved the Santalune forest. It brought back great memories of pokemon yellow. I easily saw the similarities!! Great.. now I sound like a genwunner again. facepalm.

Akashin

I really loved the Santalune forest. It brought back great memories of pokemon yellow. I easily saw the similarities!! Great.. now I sound like a genwunner again. facepalm.

It is possible to express fond nostalgia for Gen 1 without being a Genwunner, you know...

kisspower12

I am me
It is possible to express fond nostalgia for Gen 1 without being a Genwunner, you know...
I'm always getting bashed for it though. mostly outside of serebii

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Honestly, I didn't like that Santalune Forest had the same design as Viridian Forest, it felt really lazy.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It was supposed to be a nice throwback.

While it was an homage to Gen 1, I think it would've been better if there were at least a few branches added.
Because of the same layout, Santalune Forest kinda loses it's identity and originality.

Hope they somewhat revise this when the third title is announced.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
While it was an homage to Gen 1, I think it would've been better if there were at least a few branches added.
Because of the same layout, Santalune Forest kinda loses it's identity and originality.

Hope they somewhat revise this when the third title is announced.

What? Santalune Forest has monkeys! :D

Easily a big difference.. xD

Nah.. I completely agree with most here on that issue..

As for my favorite town, Cyllage City.. Oh how many times I've rode across that track.. It actually feels like a small city, while stuff like Shalour City feels like a couple of random houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.