• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kami Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
The Kami Trio were Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorous. Thundurus and Tornadus were roaming Pokemon in Black & White while Landorus was found at the Abundant Shrine by bringing both of the other Kami Pokemon. They could also change into Therian forme in Black 2 & White 2 with the Reveal Glass.

What did you think of these Pokemon? I remember them receiving lots of hate back when they were revealed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm one of those people who criticized them when B/W first came out since they had the exact same pose in their in-game sprites, which felt lazy to me. I liked their Therian forms in B2/W2 a lot more, although I admit that I don't have a favorite Kami Pokemon among the trio.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I actually liked them from the start. I loved how unique they were and I was excited that Tornadus was pure Flying because it had been paired with every single type that had existed back then at least once and the Type definitely needed something new to keep it from feeling rather stale.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I actually liked them from the start. I loved how unique they were and I was excited that Tornadus was pure Flying because it had been paired with every single type that had existed back then at least once and the Type definitely needed something new to keep it from feeling rather stale.

Other than Tornelos (Tornadus) being the first pure Flying-type (with the exception of Arceus with the Sky Plate I believe), how were the trio of djinns unique in B/W? They had the same design basis just with a few aesthetic features changed around.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Other than Tornelos (Tornadus) being the first pure Flying-type (with the exception of Arceus with the Sky Plate I believe), how were the trio of djinns unique in B/W? They had the same design basis just with a few aesthetic features changed around.
They weren’t seen having wings for the most part and could actually learn Fly which a majority of the Pokémon that learn Fly have some sort of wing. And having some Legendaries that look similar with aesthetic differences isn’t that unusual. The Lake Trio were all small elf like creatures that had strong Psychic powers and all dealt with the human emotional spirit spectrum. And the Regis all had the same body shape and structure with a few changes to make them look like their typings.

TwilightBlade

I don't have a solid opinion about the natural force trio. I think they looked better in their Therian formes but their normal forms were okay too I guess? I never used any of them in my games so I don't know how strong they are but I was salty that they couldn't be found in the wild in the BW remakes and had to be traded over or transferred from the Dream Radar.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like them. Thundurus is my favorite one. Shame people write them off as lazy even though their inspiration warrants that and their competitive usage annoys people (mainly Landorus)

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I don't have a solid opinion about the natural force trio. I think they looked better in their Therian formes but their normal forms were okay too I guess? I never used any of them in my games so I don't know how strong they are but I was salty that they couldn't be found in the wild in the BW remakes and had to be traded over or transferred from the Dream Radar.

I thought that making the Kami trio exclusive to trades and the Dream Radar in B2/W2 was rather odd considering that the trio could be found during normal gameplay in the prequels. I just thought that Game Freak making three Gen V Legendaries hard to acquire was an irksome thing to do.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
but I was salty that they couldn't be found in the wild in the BW remakes and had to be traded over or transferred from the Dream Radar.

That part sucked but I think that it was done that way on purpose to force most players to buy the Dream Radar to get the special Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorous.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
That part sucked but I think that it was done that way on purpose to force most players to buy the Dream Radar to get the special Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorous.

I'm actually pretty confident that the lack of the Kami trio in B2/W2 was done on purpose to increase sales of the Dream Radar. It's a pretty clever marketing tactic if that's the case.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
So let's get this out of the way. I like the concept behind them; having Pokemon based on Fuujin (Tornadus), Raijin (Thundurus) and Inari (Landorus) is rather neat and Tornadus being the only pure Flying type for quite some time made him unique.

But aside from that, I'm not a fan and I'm kind of tired of them to be honest. The Incarnate forms are a bit too similar to me and their designs don't appeal to me very much and the Therian forms (I like this name because I know what it means; it's another word for beast), while doing a better job making them different, still look really weird for my liking, Landorus especially.

When it came to the competitive scene, I'm aware that these were some of the best Pokemon in the game, but I don't like Pokemon based on how good they are competitively. But I like to watch people battle from time to time and now I'm sick to death of seeing Landorus Therian for the umpteenth time that now every time I see him, I'm like "ugh, this thing again" even when it's not a battle. Yes, they're very good Pokemon, but seeing them over and over is tiresome.

jaden767

Amphetamine
So let's get this out of the way. I like the concept behind them; having Pokemon based on Fuujin (Tornadus), Raijin (Thundurus) and Inari (Landorus) is rather neat and Tornadus being the only pure Flying type for quite some time made him unique.

I heard that they were based on Japanese mythological deities but I didn't know which ones those were. I liked Tornadus the most because it was the first ever pure Flying Pokemon other than Arceus with the Sky Plate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
jaden767 said:
I liked Tornadus the most because it was the first ever pure Flying Pokemon other than Arceus with the Sky Plate.

I remember finding that to be an interesting development because prior to Gen V, Game Freak seemed to have something against introducing pure Flying-types, yet for whatever reason they finally decided that it was okay to give us one in Black and White.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Tornadus is notable for being the first pure Flying-type (prior to Rookidee and Corvisquire in Gen 8) but I don't really like their Incarnate forms are a bit too similar to each other. Sadly wasn't able to use them much in-game since Tornadus/Thundurus only appears when you have your full team assembled and Landorus is locked to post-game (for some reason they are unobtainable in BW2 without trades or the Dream Radar).

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I never cared for them, especially in their Incarnate forms. I’ve recently been using Pokémon I’ve never used and I decided to use the three I got Dream Radar. Therian forms are much better aesthetically.

I usually don’t care for the trios ( the Kanto Birds, Johto Beasts, etc.) and this holds true with the Kamis as well. It was fun using some different typings. I’ve never wanted to use them competitively, and probably never will. I agree that they (mainly Landorus) have been everywhere; I could go without seeing them or using them for a while.

I like the idea of them and lore, and how in the games they have their own event, of sorts. That’s about all, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
I think Landorus is my favorite member because he's the trio boss.

One thing that I like about it is that it actually had a stationary in-game location in Black and White unlike the other two Kami Pokemon. I tend to prefer stationary Legendary Pokemon over roaming ones since I hate having to randomly stumble upon roaming Pokemon just to have a shot of capturing them.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fans of these Pokemon for the most part. There appearances in their Incarnation forms just weren't that appealing to me. There Therian forms were a bit better but....

Having said that, I have a bit of a soft spot for Tornadus and Thundurus Therian. I managed to get both in wonder trading back in X & Y at around the same time and ended up using them. They were a lot of fun to use. I also sometimes like to create personalities for my Pokemon when I'm playing. Tornadus was a timid nature and Thundurus was Brave so I imagined that the Lightning Kami was the older protective brother of the more nervous younger Air Kami. When the younger brother got traded, the other followed after him and they train and battle together. I think that helped me grow a fondness for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.