• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kamikaze Monsters (UU)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

The Kamikaze Monsters

5e9aca00-e74f-460d-b7b5-81d5a28457bb_zps7cda47f4.jpg

Intro

So lately I haven't been having a lot of luck with ou, and I got tired of running various dual weather teams (they will be up guys, just need to be a little more use to them, except sand hail stall, that will never be posted). So I decided I wanted to go back to my roots, Uu. Let the team building process begin:

So I realized I rarely (if ever) have used Flygon in uu. So I decided to start my team there since he is an excellent revenge killer of revenge killers.

I then considered Raikou and Rotom H, but I really wanted to use spec's chandelure... So I did.

I then decided I wanted a fire water grass core and added in Milotic and Shaymin.

I needed a spinner at this point and I remembered uu had a ton of fire types. I decided Blastoise was my best man to go with.

I then realized I didn't have a rocks setter and I wanted something to hit hard on the physical side. Rhyperior made more sense to me than anything else.

After some testing I realized I was using Shaymin and Milotic to wall Zapdos/ Raikou, which was putting huge pressure on prediction because... They can't do that. I decided to switch Milotic to Snorlax because Snorlax does everything Milotic did, but on this team he does it better.

The Team

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

So Flygon can easily revenge most Scarfers in the uu tier. To be more specific he is good for revenging; Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heracross, and adamant Flygon. This pretty much explains my moveset; Earthquake takes care of Darmanitan and Chandelure while beig a great stab move. Fire punch hits Heracross but I have found other uses for it like hitting Bronzong and Roserade. Dragon claw is stab that has great neutral coverage with earthquake and fire punch. U-turn is an excellent scouting move and if I'm not sure who to lead with in a match it's often this guy. I have 4 sp def Ev's so Porygon's don't get a boost. I use to find Flygon incredibly overrated but if you use him to his strengths he will surprise you.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

While Chandelure has choice spec's, I often bluff a scarf. This leads to me fire blasting everything really hard. Most people switch Chandelure into Chandelure predicting fire blast but normally that's predictable and shadow ball will remove their Chandelure. Energy ball takes care of water and ground type pokemon while trick cripples walls. I have maxed out Chandelure's speed because... You should? Meanwhile Chandelure's already massive sp atk stat is being boosted by choice specs to nuclear levels. Once again 4 sp def Ev's stop Porygon from getting the download boost. Chandelure's purpose is to blow holes into everything.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect

Blastoise is actually a pretty solid physical wall. Originally I had him physical because Milotic was special, but I'm currently very pleased with the moveset. Rapid spin removes hazards (no way man!), toxic allows me to wear down a lot of pokemon and causes rage quits, waterfall is the unexpected stab move (Blastoise's attack and special attack stat are actually pretty close), and protect is my way of healing (leftovers) while toxic stalling. Blastoise acts as my physical wall, who is mostly here for Darmanitan and Victini.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare

Do you want to hear something scary? This guy is so ridiculously bulky he has out stalled a few offensive Zapdos. Look at his move set and think about that for a moment. Anyways Rest + Natural cure is a great combo giving me an amazing defensive pivot, aromatherapy let's me abuse rest on snorlax and heal off random status off of other mons. I use to have an issue with aromatherapy because it canceled out Marvel Scale but that's all the more reason to run Snorlax. Between Shaymin and Snorlax I think I hard wall every special attacker in the uu meta. Earth power hits electric and fire mons pretty hard while seed flare get's a solid hit against just about anything. Shaymin acts as an amazing cleric, status absorber, and special wall.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Rest

When I play uu I normally run 2 bulky water pokemon. A lot of people who aren't familiar with the tier might wonder why, but it's because just about every good uu team runs at least one hard hitting fire type. Many people often run 2. So what basically happens is if your bulky water mon goes down, your going to have a hard time. This is why I originally ran Milotic, but Snorlax does everything Milotic did. Except Snorlax does it better. Wall Chandelure? Check and I can pursuit it since NOBODY EXPECTS PURSUIT+LEFTOVERS. If your not banded more likely than not you don't run pursuit. My old Milotic walled Zapdos (and occasionally Raikou) after it was statused. Snorlax doesn't need to be statused. Milotic left my team weak to Abomasnow, Snorlax doesn't. Now if you skim through this RMT, rest looks weird on Snorlax, but if you read through Shaymin's description you will know I have aromatherapy and it's not a problem. Body slam gives me a solid stab move while Earthquake hit's Raikou and various fire types. Pursuit has been explained already. Snorlax acts as my second special wall, main counter to Abomasnow who I otherwise struggle against, and pursuit trapper.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Rhyperior was the 6th addition to my team. At this poit I was kinda just desperate for stealth rocks and I wanted something that hit hard on the physical side. He has solid coverage and helps me with the ever present physical fire types in the tier as well.

Will add threats list and previous battles later.

Soperman

The One and Only
It's only been five days... So I'm good posting here, right?
Anyway, overall this team looks good. Decent synergy and all that good shiz. But...
You don't have any sweepers, which could potentially be a problem.
Normally, it wouldn't be. But both Chandy and Flygon are clearly meant to be sweepers, and neither of them can do it especially well. Flygon doesn't hit altogether too hard, and Chandelure is too easily outsped, even with Timid (it maxes out at 284 Speed. That's really pathetic :c). Chandy is also relatively frail, so you may want to consider switching him out (curse that blasted Speed stat).
The weakest link imo is Rhyperior. He hits hard, but even with Solid Rock will take huge damage from literally every pokemon in the game. If you want a tanky pokemon with similar coverage that is still able to take Fire hits, go for Swampert. The guy may be in UU, but it's a flipping monster. I've also used Nidoking in the past with great success, if you want a sweeper. I've use a Special variant with Life Orb and Sheer Force, max Speed and Sp. Atk (can't remember the nature), and Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Earth Power for great coverage and power. Up to you if you want to use him. I also recommend Scarfed Machamp, a personal underrated favorite. I can give you the set if you want it. Actually, bulky Machamp may work for your team, too. Again, up to you.
Good luck with the team!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
It's only been five days... So I'm good posting here, right?
Anyway, overall this team looks good. Decent synergy and all that good shiz. But...
You don't have any sweepers, which could potentially be a problem.
Normally, it wouldn't be. But both Chandy and Flygon are clearly meant to be sweepers, and neither of them can do it especially well. Flygon doesn't hit altogether too hard, and Chandelure is too easily outsped, even with Timid (it maxes out at 284 Speed. That's really pathetic :c). Chandy is also relatively frail, so you may want to consider switching him out (curse that blasted Speed stat).
The weakest link imo is Rhyperior. He hits hard, but even with Solid Rock will take huge damage from literally every pokemon in the game. If you want a tanky pokemon with similar coverage that is still able to take Fire hits, go for Swampert. The guy may be in UU, but it's a flipping monster. I've also used Nidoking in the past with great success, if you want a sweeper. I've use a Special variant with Life Orb and Sheer Force, max Speed and Sp. Atk (can't remember the nature), and Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Earth Power for great coverage and power. Up to you if you want to use him. I also recommend Scarfed Machamp, a personal underrated favorite. I can give you the set if you want it. Actually, bulky Machamp may work for your team, too. Again, up to you.
Good luck with the team!

Scarf Machamp is a complete troll

Thanks for the rate! I will definitely consider Swampert over Rhyperior (only reason I am not considering other things is I need me some rocks). Chandelure and Flygon have seemed to cover the offensive roll well enough but I'm sure I can consider other things

Soperman

The One and Only
Scarf Machamp is a complete troll

Thanks for the rate! I will definitely consider Swampert over Rhyperior (only reason I am not considering other things is I need me some rocks). Chandelure and Flygon have seemed to cover the offensive roll well enough but I'm sure I can consider other things
That's why I love Scarfchamp xD
Swampert does have dem rocks, last time I checked :p