• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kangaskhan Kid! (034)

jason0597

Ending was interesting, but I can understand the fact "No, it can't turn dark and have his parents die" (wait a minute they can make a tits joke but no death?)
I shed a tear when ash said at the end "They really loved him."
Other than that, tommy's father was a moron.

Last edited:
The kids parents, especially the father, were utter idiots in this episode.
One of the weaker episodes during this saga.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled at Officer Jenny's Chansey hat; overall, I was glad that she was actually doing something here. I was surprised at Team Rocket's first Kangaskhan stealing attempt though. I thought Kangaskhan should've been able to break through a simple net. Anyway, Tommy and his parents being in a Kangaskhan pouch freaked me out.

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
The only selling points for me were when Misty punched Tommy in the head to knock some sense into the kid and his dad getting knocked out (I really hated that guy and he deserved it), also Jenny's Chansey hat and Ash's reaction when she showed herself. Everything else was just plain bad, especially the baby Kangaskhan being injured. Good thing Brock was there to help it at least.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Tommy was such a brat that even tho he was orphaned, I didn't feel bad for him ha ha. His parents were odd but I liked seeing Kangaskhan as well as a jungle setting since it was different from most places we've seen in the show.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely not one of the best OS episode, but at least Officer Jenny arresting Ash for trying to catch a Chansey was funny enough. There were other funny bits imo too like Misty punching Tommy and Tommy crying thinking his parents died in a helicopter explosion.

Gillachu

Banned
I didn't really like this episode at all. It seemed a little too odd to me. Not only was the little boy a major Kangaskhan freak but he also had some really odd looking parents. I just didn't find this episode very amusing, even when Team Rocket got involved it was still boring.

Meh I thought the kid's dad was funny and felt that TR was the worst part as usual.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh I thought the kid's dad was funny and felt that TR was the worst part as usual.

I personally liked their Kangaskhan mecha at least, plus seeing Tommy's parent's helicopter crash into the mecha and explode was kind of hardcore for this anime. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
Tommy asking if Misty was a Pokemon was hilarious and his parents were great too like when we saw them in Kangaskhan's pouches. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
I enjoyed this episode, especially the part when Satoshi, Takeshi, and Kasumi walked into the nature preserve, and how Junsa found them and thought that they were poachers. Tomo's bond with the herd of Garuura was cute, but his stubborn belief that he was a Pokemon himself got tiring after a while.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I keep cracking up just looking at the antics Ash and friends get themselves into such as the three main characters freaking out when Officer Jenny says she overheated the engine and when Tommy mistakes Misty for a Pokemon instead of a person!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
And now I move onto this mess. One huge steaming pile.

I mean who in the right mind drops their kid from a HELICOPTER of all things? That teaches nothing but bad parenting. And of course the father has to have an offensive-looking mustache. On top of that, he whacks his own kid with his cane thus knocking him out like why? Then later on, Tommy's parents go kamakazi towards Team Rocket's robot and somehow not only survives but makes a quick wardrobe change just so they could stay with him in the wild with the other Kangaskhan?

I could go on but this episode was just...words can't describe it. My least favorite episode of Pokemon by a longshot.

Tommy being reunited with his parents was the worst part. It's because of them that he went feral to begin with. What were Ash and co. + Jenny smoking to think it was a good idea to help them, especially Jenny, rather than arresting them? This episode was also probably the least entertaining for me, as the jokes were all more cringy than funny.

That is one ugly dad also.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tommy being reunited with his parents was the worst part. It's because of them that he went feral to begin with. What were Ash and co. + Jenny smoking to think it was a good idea to help them, especially Jenny, rather than arresting them? This episode was also probably the least entertaining for me, as the jokes were all more cringy than funny.

His parents weren't bad people, though. They originally lost Tommy by accident, not on purpose.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I can't fault Satoshi and his friends for thinking that the nature preserve was the actual Safari Zone. The fact that so many exotic Pokemon such as Garuura lived in the area made it seem like the Safari Zone from R/G/B/Y.

Alloutℯ

Banned
When we saw Tommy's parents, I cringed. The dad's voice was horrible and I remember finding Kangaskhan to be so boring. This episode felt really flat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When we saw Tommy's parents, I cringed. The dad's voice was horrible and I remember finding Kangaskhan to be so boring. This episode felt really flat.

Admittedly, Garuura is one of Gen I's more vapid species, and I would've liked to see the herd actually put up a much better struggle against the Rocket-dan.

Tommy's dad was an idiot for dropping him but I was weirded out by how Tommy was adopted by Kangaskhan. The episode's whole Tarzan vibe was kind of crazy but senseless.

gentwoer

An okay episode. This episode was written by my favorite Kanto era write. Junki Takegami who also wrote the Pewter City episode and the first and third episode of the Sabrina arc. This was probably one of his weakest efforts. The parents were kind of funny I guess.