• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kangaskhan Kid! (034)

Leonhart

Imagineer
An okay episode. This episode was written by my favorite Kanto era write. Junki Takegami who also wrote the Pewter City episode and the first and third episode of the Sabrina arc. This was probably one of his weakest efforts. The parents were kind of funny I guess.

I liked the Natsume episodes, but I didn't think this episode was as amazing as those in spite of them having the same writer. I guess it's just that Garuura isn't intriguing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
keepitsimple said:
Haha those parents were ****ing lunatics, why didn't Jenny arrest them after they told their story lol. Tommy's dad looks like Hitler except also a midget :/

I'm actually surprised that 4Kids kept the dad's mustache intact: its similarity to Hitler's mustache seems so obvious to me now even though it wasn't on purpose I'm sure.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I know kantonians aren't known for their parenting skills (or family stability anyways), but tommy's parents were just on another level of terrible

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
I know kantonians aren't known for their parenting skills (or family stability anyways), but tommy's parents were just on another level of terrible

I did somewhat wonder why he was even allowed to go back to living with such bad parents in the end. It felt kind of odd to see him stuck with those two idiots even if he still had a herd of Garuura as his secondary family.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

Lol, I know right. I didn't think that them reuniting with Tommy was even a good thing since the dad didn't act like a proper father and Tommy was better off with Kangaskhan.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’ve always thought it was weird that Tommy’s dad had nipples and the only man seen shirtless on the show with a pair.

This episode gave me the creeps because the poor kid Tommy was living in the wild with a bunch of monster kangaroos. I though that his parents were completely off their rockers so it was a bit hard for me to decide who Tommy would be better of living with. In the end the solution of him and his parents staying with the Kangaskhan felt really depressing since hardly anything changed for Tommy. I liked that Officer Jenny was heavily involved here. 6/10

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The only part I used to remember of this episode was the implied death scene(that was a fakeout of course)
But apparently the episode is way more infamous and weird than I thought
Dropping a kid from a helicopter? WHAT

And this breast joke was something very weird for this anime lol

Last edited:
The dad taking his shirt off and dropping his child off the plane... WTF thats messed up parenting
Why didnt they ban this episode but they banned the next one for guns as well?