• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kecleon Caper! (207)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The Kecleon debut was fine, but why introduce it in mid-Johto?

I'm guessing that the writing staff just wanted to build off of Kecleon's hype at the time cuz it was one of the first Gen 3 pokemon revealed I believe. ^^

My favorite thing here was seeing the purple Kecleon from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in the cartoon. Did this episode air before or after that was made?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Kakureon debuted here in mid-Jouto was the most memorable part of the episode. Elle and Lisa themselves were insipid even for one-off characters, and it was the Rocket-dan's jewel heist and scenes with the two Kakureon that stood out. I chuckled when Satoshi sat on the crate where the Rocket-dan were hiding.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Brock was the best part of this episode: I liked when he imagined the girls patting him on the head thanking them for getting their stuff back, freaking out when he saw he Kecleon watching him, and getting chastised by Misty for trying to send Onix out on the blimp. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wonder now if the two Kakureon's invisibility powers were meant to foreshadow Kakureon's Color Change Ability from Gen III, or if it was just a coincidence.

It was a big surprise to see a Hoenn Pokemon debut in the middle of the Johto saga since back then I didn't even know that Gen 3 was being produced already. The rest of the episode was pretty standard since it was still basically a filler episode on a blimp. I liked the two girls who owned the Kecleon and I've always wondered by one of the Kecleon was purple colored instead of green.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I've always wondered by one of the Kecleon was purple colored instead of green.

It seemed like an aesthetic difference simply so that the audience could tell the two Kakureon apart.

It seemed like an aesthetic difference simply so that the audience could tell the two Kakureon apart.

That's probably it even though they could've made the other Kecleon look more like its shiny form instead of making it purple out of all colors for whatever reason.

Kecleon, the first gen 3 Pokémon to debut in the anime.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's probably it even though they could've made the other Kecleon look more like its shiny form instead of making it purple out of all colors for whatever reason.
They probably hadn’t decided on a Shiny color at that point in time. Remember that the OS had the pink Butterfree which many had believed was the first Shiny ever shown in the anime and Ash’s Lapras’ Mother was a lighter blue