• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kecleon Shops

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
So the title says it all, and this topic applies to all PMD games from Red to Sky! Whichever experiences you would like to share in any of the games relating to this, go for it!

You are currently in a dungeon, and somewhere on the floor, there is a Kecleon Shop. What do you guys really do when you visit it? Do you buy whatever you need, or do you shoplift? And if you shoplift, have you ever attempted to befriend one of the Kecleon trying to hunt you down? I'm curious to see what you guys have done.

As for me, I've shoplifted a few times by now (mostly for the gummis and evolutionary items, if I don't have enough money on me), especially in both Generation III and IV games. But at one point where I was really bored, I decided to bring my level 100 Charizard (as the leader) in the dungeons and see if I can try to befriend the Kecleon (even while holding a Friend Bow; but in terms of Time/Darkness/Sky, I don't have the Golden Mask/Tear yet). So far, I haven't had any successes. They're just too challenging to befriend, but I do hope luck will be on my side one day and one of those Kecleon will be mine. xD

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I shoplift just for the fun of seeing my characters get killed by a mere Shadow Sneak. Other than that, I don't affiliate myself with the dungeon shops. I just stick with the one in treasure town.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, i never really interact with them. I prefer to use the shop in treasure Town. I remember one time though, like the fist time i saw one and i didn't know what it was, i attacked the Kecleon. It didn't end to well.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I wouldn't dare to go near one when I see one. I would only steal from the shops when I'm a strong enough level to take them on.

Spacial

procrastination
Once when I was in a dungeon, and I stumbled across a room filled with a more expensive kecleon shop, but when I went past, mudkip stepped on an explosion trap that just happened to be at the edge and blew the whole place up. Mudkip was dead in seconds. I haven't put a foot in one since.

Charmanderz

When I see that they're carrying gummis that I need, I usually have enough money on me to purchase. them.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
PMD Blue: Sometimes when I attack the Kecleon for recruitment, they had Thief on them and got my Friend Bow, with a massive group of Kecleons to pick it up afterward. Thank goodness for Earthquake. I've also Trawled + Staircase multiple times.

PMD EoT: Never bothered.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think it's impossible to befriend a Kecleon when you shoplift. I believe there are wild Kecleon in a couple of other places, though.

I've done it before for the lulz, and I got creamed whenever I wasn't prepared. Seriously, I remember reading somewhere they're on level 99 each. So no matter what, you're screwed. Now I've used a Pure Seed once after shoplifting, and they don't chase after you on the next floor. It's weird, like they gave up once they saw you at the exit. And the Kecleon Brothers when you exit the dungeon don't berate you or anything.

Once when I was in a dungeon, and I stumbled across a room filled with a more expensive kecleon shop, but when I went past, mudkip stepped on an explosion trap that just happened to be at the edge and blew the whole place up. Mudkip was dead in seconds. I haven't put a foot in one since.

The SAME EXACT THING just happened to me. (And I have a Mudkip leader, too, weirdly enough.) I was in Zero Isle East when I accidentally blew up a few items in the Kecleon Shop. ... Now I'm waiting for a rescue. ':D
... I wonder if they put explosion traps next to shops on purpose. *Grumble mutter*

Aquarelle

Staff member
I often sell items I don't need to Kecleon shops when I find them in dungeons. If they're selling an item I want, I will buy it if I'm really low leveled, but if I'm stronger, I'll shoplift. I've tried befriending Kecleon many times, but I've never been successful.

Kutie Pie said:
I think it's impossible to befriend a Kecleon when you shoplift. I believe there are wild Kecleon in a couple of other places, though.
Kecleon can only be recruited by stealing from its shop.

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
If there is a reviver seed, I take it XD Otherwise, I only use it as a place to get some more money.

Serebii!

When I was to weak to beat them I stood next to the Stairs and used a Trawl Orb collected everything then went to the next floor

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Yes, actually. I find joy in gettling slaughterd by millions of kecleons, yet not recruiting any of them.

Joking aside, I do try to be gutsy and steal something when stairs are nearby, I usualy just use a slumber orb or something, then run for my life ^_^

☭Secret_Shocker☭

With my lvl 100 team, I shoplift more than once, 30 to be exact. It's really fun picking on the poor thing.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
Even with my level 100s, I tend to just buy what I need from them. Apart from one time, when I just had a Shinx around level 20 did I attempt to shoplift. Somehow, I actually succeeded by using Roar on the Kecleon and then running to the stairs.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
if I have no money and there is an evolutionary item I need, that would be the only reason I shoplift. No gummies, berries, maybe Life Seeds, Sitrus Berries etc.

StarlightPegasus

Live out Loud
I tried for a long time on Red to recruit a Keclon but I never did. And as for Time, I never did either. :(

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I mainly just buy Reviver/Joy seeds....... I only shoplift to try and recruit Keckleon. Done it so many times with my Lv.100 Machamp for the stubborn gits just don't want to join! The chance of recruiting a Keckeleon is the same as hatching a shiny w/ the Masuda Method. 1/2000 for those who don't know....