• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Key

[IMG200]http://www.iaza.com/work/111201C/iaza13221371260100.png[/IMG200]​
I am deliberately using Homestuck's style in this fanfic. This is because I really enjoy it. By this I mean the second person viewpoint and the action like
Story: Begin
As well as similar introductions to characters and chats appearing in the RP. I am not claiming these were my idea at all. They are Andrew Hussie's. I simply love the style in which we writes and have copied it for this fanfic.
Also, because this fanfic involves many, many characters, and I can't possibly think of all of them, I will at some points offer up a PM suggestion box for some new characters.
Other than that, sit back and enjoy: The Key.

Story: Begin.
It is late. About 8 Pm. It's a Saturday. This Saturday also happens to be a very important day. it is the day of the creation of The Key, an odd object, which is, funnily enough, shaped like a key. The idea behind it is simple; it teleports randomly all over the place. It will appear at peoples' houses. The way in which it chooses these people could be considered at random. It is a complicated mathematical process. Once decided, the key appears at the person's house, as indicated. Somehow, it wards away any other residents of the house, and drawing in its target. The target will invariably get cut by the key. In the millisecond where this occurs a chemical is released into their blood stream. It travels to their heart. There, in another millisecond it views the person's DNA. In every person, a recent discovery has shown, is the potential for a super power, and ability that defies normality. It is different for each person, as is their thumbprint. They may be very similar, but they are both fractionally different, even if it is only minutely so. The Key's chemical activates this potential, and, following a short sleep always induced by the chemical, the person finds themselves able to perform things that nobody thought possible.

Once the person is cut, the Key moves to a different location. It does this every twelve hours so in one day can cut two people. occasionally by luck it cuts tow people in one house. In this instance it cuts more people than tow per day, but this is quite rare. On average it only cuts a person once a week. It does very little for the rest of the week. in some weeks it cuts many, and it can go for a few months at times without giving anyone their ability. Tonight is The key's birth date. A scientist living in Oxford, in the Uk, is about to initiate it. For this week, the key will be working like crazy, giving powers madly. Once the week is over it will stop and rest. Then the trial in Oxford will begin, seeing is the powers work and if the impact on lives is too great. The plan is to cease The Key if it does and take away the abilities of the people involved. If it is deemed safe it will continue as normal. It is also noteworthy that because The Key is only working in a limited area its randomness is very much minimized and it will manage to link all the people it gives powers to.

Scientist: Initiate.
You are a Scientist working for Balez Corp, the corporation behind The Key. As mentioned, it is late, about 8PM. You should really be at home right now, cooking dinner for your family. But you couldn't possibly miss this! It is truly a momentous moment. You often think of the roughly 7 billion people in the world, utterly clueless about what will happen to them. For now, only Oxford will be affected. But this will probably not last.

Scientist: Profile yourself.
Your same is Simon Tiston. As mentioned, you are a Scientist and you work for Balez Corp. You are 37 years of age. You have a wife and three children, whom you adore. However, you are passionate about your work too. You work like clockwork and are very spatially aware. You are very intelligent and have a good sense of humour. You can, however, be arrogant at times, especially where these two aspects of yourself are concerned. You love science, cooking and philosophy, but dislike stupid people who you have little time for and anything old-fashioned.

Simon: Activate the machine!
You cannot do this until you have finished eating. Eating is important. You're currently enjoying a lovely bacon butty and sipping a cuppa while you're at it. How very British of you. You chuckle at this. Though you are a little tried from the day's work, your humorous thoughts are ever-present in your mind. You simply cannot help yourself. You are merely far too witty for anyone to ever appreciate. This is a sad thing about comic geniuses. They are rarely recognized or appreciated.

Simon: Stop being arrogant, finish your food and activate it already!
Ok, OK! Jesus, some people! You rapidly finish your butty and tea and slowly stop ranting to yourself about how marvellous you are. You head towards the machine's room. Just now you were in your personal laboratory, your abode during your working life. It is quite messy in there. There are a few images on the walls that are sciencey mostly. The corridor now is no different. The periodic table hangs on the wall and there is clutter lying about.