• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Keystone Pops! (524)

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I liked this ep...and I do believe that was Dark Pulse that Spiritomb was using...and TR just cant seem to catch a break...I do believe they will catch Pikachu..I really do

HoennMaster

This looked like a great episode, why was Spiritomb following Team Rocket around though? Also, is there a reason the episode pictures are messed up?

Last edited:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Ashy Boy said:
What was Team Rocket trying to do with Spiritbomb?

Trying to capture it, of course.

Durden said:
In addition, movie 8 music begins to play in the background (not movie 9 music that Dogasu mentioned). It's that piece that is played a LOT during the lucario movie, so the reference here is totally clear now. Conclusion: Well, cool that they for once connect the anime with the movies. Keep it up.

I never said that music from the Lucario movie wasn't used. I just pointed out that music from the Manaphy movie was used since I didn't remember it ever being used in the series before.

But apparently, as someone else pointed out on another forum, the anime started using it in the Mumage episode.

Also..."for once?" They've referenced the movies in the TV series plenty of times by now.

AshfanGirl20 said:
So cool how Ash aura is cannon in the series now.

Um...it's spelled canon. A cannon is what cannonballs are shot out of :p

uber gon

Accept Change
Jessie looked weird this episode.

Dark Pulse (I think) looked wicked.:D

The aura guy looked almost like Kenny.

HA My mistake, didn't realize how I spelt the word till now. Thanks for the correction Dogasu. That old guy is creepy looking might I say, forgot to add that in my other post LOL. But yah there must be a reason why the writers added the aura into the series, normally they don't mention movies like this in the series. The only other movie they did that with was movie 2.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
They also mentioned LaRousse city (the setting of the Deoxys movie) in the "Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!" two-parter and in the Kanto Grand Festival (since LaRousee City is Shuu's hometown).

Don't know why everyone ignores that.

Cobalt_Latios

They also mentioned LaRousse city (the setting of the Deoxys movie) in the "Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!" two-parter and in the Kanto Grand Festival (since LaRousee City is Shuu's hometown).

Don't know why everyone ignores that.
I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's because of the fact that the Pokémon Ranger said it, not Ash and co. . Also because after Solana mentions it, Ash and co. don't make any mention of it themselves in saying something along the lines of "yeah, we were there too" type of thing. I'm thinking the reason why people remember the movie 2000 connection is because Ash actually says he saw on in the Orange Islands.

And I have not seen this episode. I might, but I'll probably wait till it gets to NA before I watch it(as I have so far).

~C_L~

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, but they kinda oddly danced around the fact Ash and Co. was there.

Anyway, during Team Rocket's motto (which was awesome,despite it being basically a recycled motto with different clothes) at the end, what was up with the Torkoal-Arbok-Phanphy thing? I think it's suppose to be some old-world belief that the world was held up by Elephants on a Tortoise, and I think a snake was involved...but anyone know exactly where this originated from?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This was essentially an less-humorous version of the Claydol episode. I mean, you had the crazy old fart and everything. That doesn't make it a bad episode, per se, as it was still superior to your average filler, and a great one from an artistic standpoint with some pretty creative and entertaining expressions. There were a few parts to laugh at, also. I loved Mikaruge's voice, which captured its spooky aura perfectly.

And for the record, I believe the first occurence of Movie 9 BGM was the Electrike episode (the scene where Jessie is trying to escape).

uber gon

Accept Change
This was essentially an less-humorous version of the Claydol episode. I mean, you had the crazy old fart and everything. That doesn't make it a bad episode, per se, as it was still superior to your average filler, and a great one from an artistic standpoint with some pretty creative and entertaining expressions. There were a few parts to laugh at, also. I loved Mikaruge's voice, which captured its spooky aura perfectly.

And for the record, I believe the first occurence of Movie 9 BGM was the Electrike episode (the scene where Jessie is trying to escape).

Plus, Dark Pulse looked wicked in this episode. I am so hoping one of Ash's pokemon learns it.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Cobalt_Latios said:
I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's because of the fact that the Pokémon Ranger said it, not Ash and co. . Also because after Solana mentions it, Ash and co. don't make any mention of it themselves in saying something along the lines of "yeah, we were there too" type of thing.

Joi cut them off before they could make any such comment.

I imagine they didn't mention it later because there was no real need to. I mean, with the cave collapsing and their traveling companion trapped in another dimension and all that, they didn't really have the time to get all nostalgic about an adventure they had earlier.

Either way, LaRousse City, a location in one of the movies, was mentioned several times in the TV series, meaning that it exists there as well.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This explains the Rocket Motto:

in hindu mythology, the world is supposed to be held up by four elephants, who are in turn, stand upon a giant tortoise, who in turn, is on top of a giant cobra who floats and a gigantic sea of milk.

uber gon

Accept Change

Piachu20

WOW this Ep was great. the part when Ash and co. coped team rockets motto was lol and when they fell into the hole XD
(I Mean team Rocket Fell into it) they have do it to Ash so many times I say pay back time

uber gon

Accept Change
I find it kinda weird that Ash didn't use any aura abilities against Spiritomb.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
I find it kinda weird that Ash didn't use any aura abilities against Spiritomb.

The aura abilities he doesn't have, you mean? He has an aura similar to Aarons, that doesn't give him automatic Mad Skillz.