• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Keystone Pops! (524)

Dattebayo

Banned
Just saw the episode today, and I must say, Spiritomb's voice does suit him. I was disappointed that I pronounced its name wrong.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
The old lady's voice is made of pwn and win.

That is all.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Man that was probably the best episode this season. I was wondering what attack the black circles were, but I guess it was Ominous Wind. The old lady was hillarious. She totally flipped out on them when she found the seal was broken. I loved it when Ash, Brock, and Dawn imitated TR's motto. Jessie's reaction was priceless. And Dawn's response was great: "We don't care about you, we're only worried about Spiritomb." She just absolutely burned Jessie.

Like I already said, this was the best episode of the Battle Dimensions so far. But with what else is going on...well, all I can say is that this may be one of the most exciting dub seasons ever. This was well worth the two week wait (And I'm happy it didn't air until today: I wasn't home last week).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I enjoyed this episode. I don't know about the rumors everyone was talking about, but looks the same to me. But I enjoyed it. I loved that old lady, she was awesome, and her voice cracked me up everytime.

And then Ash, Dawn, and Brock doing the motto was the win. Just loved Jessie's reaction.

Spiritomb on the other hand didn't sound right to me. It sounded weird to me. Thats the only thing that pretty much irked me. The rest was all right.

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
Definately a good dub on PUSA's part. Though the filler episode was great to begin with.

I like how Ash is constantly reminded as some sort of "Aura" warrior. This definately helps build his character beyond that of just an ordinary trainer.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
While I didn't think much of this filler which referenced a Pokemon that millions of players would murder to get(what's the big deal about Spiritomb anyways, other than it's won the Award for Most Convulted Process to Get?) and the Key Stone, not to mention the lame "Aura Guardian" and how Ash remarkably has the same guts and Pokémon as the hero, one thing stood out:

IRON. CHEF. REFERENCE. FTW!

(Yes, I'm an Iron Chef America junkie. Shoot me now. :D)

EDIT: I noticed in Pokemon Nightmare, in a future episode, a Crawdaunt uses that same attack Spiritomb uses, with the dark waves, so I don't think it's Ominous Wind. I don't think it's Dark Pulse eitherr, unless Crawdaunt can use it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Manafy

For a D/P episode, this one was really good.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I missed it! Whah!

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Man that was probably the best episode this season. I was wondering what attack the black circles were, but I guess it was Ominous Wind. The old lady was hillarious. She totally flipped out on them when she found the seal was broken. I loved it when Ash, Brock, and Dawn imitated TR's motto. Jessie's reaction was priceless. And Dawn's response was great: "We don't care about you, we're only worried about Spiritomb." She just absolutely burned Jessie.

Like I already said, this was the best episode of the Battle Dimensions so far. But with what else is going on...well, all I can say is that this may be one of the most exciting dub seasons ever. This was well worth the two week wait (And I'm happy it didn't air until today: I wasn't home last week).

I love that moment of what may have been the FIFTH time someone imitated Team Rocket's motto (First being done by Ash, Misty, and Brock, second done with Duplica's help, and the third done by that director Schpielbunk, and the fourth done by Ash himself) In fact, if it were more complete, it may have gone like this:

Ash: Listen, are those bad guy voices I hear?
Dawn: They speak to me, loud and clear.
Ash: On the Wind,
Dawn: Past the stars,
Brock: IN YOUR EARS!
Ash: Bringing Justice at a breakneck pace.
Dawn: Dashing all fear, and putting hope in its place!
Ash: A hero by any other name is just as sweet.
Dawn: When everything's better, our work is complete.
Ash: ASH!
Dawn: DAWN!
Brock: BROCK! Now that's a name!
Ash: Putting the Evil-Doers in their place.
Dawn: We're heroes,
All three: AND WE'RE IN YOUR FACE!
Pikachu: PIKACHU!

Last edited:

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
I must watch this episode in dub by tonight as a uploader my self with 500 ppl to feed on youtube

dman_dustin

EDIT: I noticed in Pokemon Nightmare, in a future episode, a Crawdaunt uses that same attack Spiritomb uses, with the dark waves, so I don't think it's Ominous Wind. I don't think it's Dark Pulse eitherr, unless Crawdaunt can use it. Any ideas?

Dark Pulse is a TM so a good majority of the Pokemon can learn it, Crawdaunt being Part-Dark type should be a good hint that it can learn it. So yes Spiritomb was using Dark Pulse.

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh, Spiritomb should've sounded like Ghostfreak or Big Chill from the Ben 0 series. It'd make him seem more darker.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I think the writers need to do more crazy old ladies. They are always a funny addition to the storyline.

Cobalt_Latios

Before I get to my segment of this post, I'll do some responses first:

The old lady was hillarious. She totally flipped out on them when she found the seal was broken.
Hehe, she was practically ready to murder them!! lol!!

I loved it when Ash, Brock, and Dawn imitated TR's motto. Jessie's reaction was priceless. And Dawn's response was great: "We don't care about you, we're only worried about Spiritomb." She just absolutely burned Jessie.
What makes it funnier, is the fact that a certain someone actually came up with the plan (as in, in their group)

And then Ash, Dawn, and Brock doing the motto was the win. Just loved Jessie's reaction.
That scene just owns. I'll probably go ahead and upload just that section.

man i need satelight i cant stand waiting for somebody to upload it takes forever
Give me some time, I still have to chop up the episode for upload...

Anyways, I took some notes of things I'd say for this episode, and well I got many of them. First of all, training at night is a first, which surprised me. How the hell down "unsealing" the keystone cause a storm? Oh, and Spiritomb flies? Okay... that was a bit of a shocker... "how else is it supposed to move?" True, but lets not forget that the pokedex info in the game leads me to believe it was immobile.

And then we meet up with "the creepy old lady", whom we haven't seen for at least 8 years (the episode waayy back in Johto with the Hoothoot is probably the last time I've seen an old lady). Tells the group about Spiritomb. I'm not really sure what's more coincidental: the fact that the Aura Guardian has a Pikachu, or that, like Ash, his Pikachu is armed with Volt Tackle...

Then when Team Rocket arrives, I didn't know Jessie could imitate a Russian? I wonder if Michelle Knotz is just good a using a Russian accent. And of course, converting Meowth into a Sneasel... c'mon, can't they think of any other disguise by now? And I thought it hilarious that James says that "this Sneasel is a Psychic Sneasel". Okay, Ash and co. should have at least clued in that Sneasel is not Psychic to begin with.

Best line of this episode "They're as dumb as they look. They really are as dumb as they look".

Now, the biggest kicker I have ever seen: Dawn can actually create a plan. A MAIN CHARACTER CAN CONJURE UP A PLAN! When was the last time we say that? But the reactions that ensued were just perfect. Right after Spiritomb appears:
Jessie: I don't want to be treated like garbage...
Meowth: You're a little late...

First Dawn, then Meowth. Boy, Jessie is sure getting a beating!

Best Team Rocket line thus far: "Cheaps seats for Cheap Skates". I wonder if that could potentially become an episode title?

Anyways great episode, I'm really enjoying this season so far (sure taking it's time though...).

~C_L~

uber gon

Accept Change
You'd think that a seal used to seal something like the Spiritomb would be more, I dunno, fortified.