• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Keystone Pops! (524)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think that the wild Mikaruge was evil per se, although its tendency to attack people did give off that vibe. I just feel that there must've been a reason for its attitude that wasn't revealed.

Zamin

I really enjoyed the episode. I would have liked Ash to recollect his experience in Lucario and the Curse of Mew though as that was a great movie and I liked how this episode was kidna similar by including aura. I enjoyed the episode and Spiritomb was cool.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zamin said:
I really enjoyed the episode. I would have liked Ash to recollect his experience in Lucario and the Curse of Mew though as that was a great movie and I liked how this episode was kidna similar by including aura. I enjoyed the episode and Spiritomb was cool.

At least we got a reference to aura even though we didn't see Satoshi recall Lucario specifically. As for why we didn't get a direct reference to that movie from Satoshi, I think it was probably because this episode was already crammed full of plot, and adding more references would've wasted precious run-time.

Scorbunnie

Spiritomb trying to murder literally everything made this episode feel like it was part of a different series. I liked that an aura guardian got mentioned but the rest of the episode was just a big chase to escape Spiritomb's evil ways.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Hear me out. The aura guardian here is an ancestor of Ash’s and is related to him just like Sir Aaron and Riley are theorized to be (or like….Aaron is Ash reincarnated or whatever the theory is). Like this is pretty heavily implied here and in all those other cases too.

Aura guardian lore is so interesting and one of the most fascinating concepts introduced in the anime; I appreciate that Journeys is trying to explore it more.