• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The King of Sands (Uber RTM)

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
As a child, one the greatest joys in life was running into your backyard and jumping into your little sandbox, where your imagination ran wild, and you built majestic castles, roads for your toy cars, and sometimes making delicious (but inedible) sand pies! Sand, in general, is very fun to play with, which why, today, I would to introduce to my newest Sand Team: The King of Sands (Working Title XD)

Team Preview
248s.png
598s-1.png
150-2.png
487sorigin.png
644.png
530.png

Tyranitar_Move_by_Jolx08.jpg

Reptar The King of Sandstorms
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
Sassy Nature

Moves

Stealth Rock
Stone-Edge/Crunch
Fire Blast
Roar/Dragon Tail

I claim Reptar (Tyranitar) to be the King of the Sandstorms, because the other two Sand Streamers, Hippopotas and Hippowdon pale in comparison to this beast. Reptar is running the exact same set that it uses in OU, but that's because it works so well. But, I made a few modifications. First off, after Reptar whips up a sandstorm, he proceeds to set up Stealth Rock, which many claim to be the best move in the game. Stone-Edge and Crunch are both STABs that work well with Tyranitar's naturally high Attack stat. Stone-Edge has bit more raw power than Crunch, but Crunch has more reliability. Fire Blast take out Ferrothorn, Forretress, and if I'm lucky enough to get on the switch, Scizor. And finally, the last slot is reserved for a phazing move. Each has its own perks, but I can only use one. Roar can phaze Subs, which can come in handy, while Dragon Tail can deal some damage, which works great if I have all my hazards up. I'm leaning more towards Roar, though.

nattofs.jpg

Saturn, of the Barbed Tendrils
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
252 HP/88 Def/168 Sp.Def
Impish

Moves

Spikes
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Protect​

Once again, Saturn teams up with Reptar and his eternal sandstorm to cause mayhem. Saturn is an excellent wall, probably one of the best. And with is decent Attack stat and a 120 BP STAB move, its no set up fodder either, which the main reason why I didn't even consider Forretress for this team. Saturn's main purpose is to set up hazards. Given her incredible bulk, she always sets up at least two layers of Spikes. Leech Seed, team up with Leftovers and Sandstorm, is just cruel. Saturn gets double HP recovery, while my opponent slowly withers before her eyes. Power Whip is the STAB move I mentioned earlier. It is capable of felling the standard Kyogre after some residual damage. You know, if it hits. And last, but certainly not least, Protect works well will Leech Seed, and helps scout out Choice'd Pokemon. I'm considering giving it Toxic, to help against Levitators and Lugia.

1661504_130824162016151res_400_300.jpg

Mewtwo, the Original Uber
Item: Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Psystrike
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

Suggested to me by multi-scale, the original "Badass" from Gen 1 joins my team help out against some serious threats. This is Mewtwo's signature set, and it's a monster.
Psystrike, Mewtwo's most powerful STAB, is a godsend. Working off from his 154 Special Attack stat, it demolishes its targets by hitting them on their softer Defensive side. This is Mewtwo's weapon against special walls such as Blissey, Chansey, and hits Ho-Oh and Kyogre harder than Psychic would have ever hoped to. Aura Sphere covers Darks and Steels that resist Psystrike, and its a great move to have in general, as it is incapable of missing its target. Ice Beam rounds off the coverage by destroying the Dragons that flood the Uber tier. It also give Mewtwo a way to deal with Lugia. And last, but certainly not least, Calm Mind is the cherry on top. With a single boost, there is very little that stop Mewtwo from just sweeping entire teams. I'm still waiting for Nasty Plot, though :p

featureduber_giratina-o.jpg

Hades, Ruler of the Underworld
Item: Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
252 HP/88 Def/ 168 Sp.Def
Careful Nature

Moves

Rest
Sleep Talk
Will-o-Wisp
Roar​

From the murky depths of Hell rises the game's most terrifying Spinblocker to lend me his strength, Hades! Seeing as how my team is somewhat reliant on hazards, Hades works hard to keep them on the field. After several people suggested it, I turned Hades into a Rest Talking tank. Since its holding the Griseous Orb, Hades is incapable if getting Leftovers recovery, so Rest is the option left to keep Hades nice an healthy. Will-o-Wisp burns threats like Extreme Killer Arceus and Groudon, and renders them near useless, although Arceus can just keep setting up Swords Dances. But those boost can go to waste with Roar. I originally carried Dragon Tail, but it missed very frequently and its unable to phaze through Substitutes, which can become problematic. So after serious consideration, I switched to Roar. And, of course, Sleep Talk allows Hades to do something while its asleep. Its very easy Taunt bait, but it can't be helped. Thanks to all of you who suggested this set.

Zekrom-reshiram-and-zekrom-23671491-894-894.jpg

Zeus, God of Thunder
Item: Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
24 Atk/232 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Naive Nature

Moves

Bolt Strike
Draco Meteor
Volt Switch
Focus Blast​

Zeus descends from up high, to destroy anything that attempts to disrupt my raging Sandstorm. Wielding the powerful Bolt Strike, the bloated Kyogre will sink to the murky depths of its bog. Summoning the power of the cosmos, Draco Meteor completely obliterates the unsuspecting behemoth Groudon, and makes sure that sun never shows it face again. And.....that's all I have lol. Volt Switch is great scouting move, but doesn't get much use. Helps keep the momentum in favor, if I a predict a switch to anything but a Ground-type. Focus Blast is there to take out Dialga, which otherwise walls Zeus. And that's all I have to say about him. He is my weather killer.

bubba_the_excadrill_npc_by_macattack3-d4cqhvg.jpg

Dori Kururi, the Lean, Mean, Drillin' Machine
Item: Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor/Rapid Spin​

I never got around to using Excadrill in OU because I always thought he was a bit OP. But, in the Uber tier, there is not such thing as OP! Say hello, to my late game sweeper. There is very little that can outspeed Jolly Dori in the Sand, so I just send her out to clean up whatever remains of my opponent's team, with or without the Swords Dance boost. Earthquake is Dori most powerful STAB, and together with Rock Slide, gets great coverage. X-Scissor is somewhat of a filler, so I'm considering replacing it with Rapid Spin, in case No Name doesn't survive, clears my field of whatever hazards my opponent may have set up, and greatly supports my team. Cookie for anyone who gets the nickname reference :D

Final Look
248s-2.png
598s-2.png
150-1.png
487sorigin-1.png
644-1.png
530-1.png

And that is my team. I'm a bit unfamiliar with Ubers, but I know enough to make a team. If I overlooked a serious threat, or if you have some other suggestion, like a different set or replacement Pokemon don't hesitate to let me know. Even if I do turn you down, I appreciate your help. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Anyways, LET THE RATES BEGIN!

Last edited:

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
I worry about having 3 separate pokemon to hazard set up. Can i suggest a forretress? it can Tspike and Spike, with sturdy, depending on situation. Ive won a lot of games with it. Also, roar> Tail Imo. To get rid of subs is better then tail, when hazards will do the same anyway. That's about it for now, It seems like a good team.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Forretress is easy set-up fodder and poses no kind of threat to anyone, that's why I didn't even consider it an option. But yeah, having so many pokemon to set up hazards is a bit of a problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Trust me. Spreading hazards out is NOT a problem. The only thing I have to really say is your team is quite weak to stall + Rain / Sun because is these weathers excadril would pose no or little threat, your team also lacks a single poke with reliable recovery. Use rain dish on tents cuz rain will be up at some points. Your team needs a way to break through stall. Your zekrom can handle Waters sometimes but is still going to have trouble. Your team is also weak to Lead Deo-A or other forms of Deo-A. Change shadow force to sneak and that'll be fine.

Also excadrill name is from dead leaves by any chance? The most messed up 'anime' movie ever.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Trust me. Spreading hazards out is NOT a problem. The only thing I have to really say is your team is quite weak to stall + Rain / Sun because is these weathers excadril would pose no or little threat, your team also lacks a single poke with reliable recovery. Use rain dish on tents cuz rain will be up at some points. Your team needs a way to break through stall. Your zekrom can handle Waters sometimes but is still going to have trouble. Your team is also weak to Lead Deo-A or other forms of Deo-A. Change shadow force to sneak and that'll be fine.

I was actually thinking about replacing Tentacruel. I mean, I don't really need TS. And yeah, having priority on Giratina is probably best. Do you have any suggestions for a possible replacement?

Also excadrill name is from dead leaves by any chance? The most messed up 'anime' movie ever.

Nope :) I doubt anyone would get it right

multi-scale

Looking at this team, I find it one of those rare teams with almost no Kyogre weakness, which is very impressive. However, Groudon, especially Rock Polish variants, can be very destructive. Rock Polish Groudon can come it on Zekrom's choiced Bolt Strike, force a switch, set up a Rock Polish, and sweep right through your team with Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake. Even Excadrill can't outspeed it in sand, and even if it does, Groudon can usually tank the hit. Groudon paired up with Ho-oh is even more destructive, since take out a weakened Tyranitar and Tentacruel with Earthquake, Brave Bird through Giratina, Sacred Fire Ferrothron, and tank Zekrom's Draco Meteor. If Zekrom comes to Bolt Strike, Groudon gets a free switch, and if Excadrill comes in, Groudon comes to tank the Rock Slide and gets a free Rock Polish. I would recommend Mewtwo to handle these threats, since most Groudon who don't invest in Hp or special defense of OHKOd by Ice Beam, and any Ho-oh coming in while Stealth Rock is up gets knocked out by Psystrike. It also dents Excadrill (which will usually be OHKOs) and normal Arceus with Aura Sphere and can survive a non-boosted X-Scissor and Extremespeed at full health. It can also greatly damage Kyogre with Psystrike, allowing Zekrom to finish it off with Volt Switch to bring Tyranitar back in to bring the weather back to your advantage. With a Calm Mind, all previous 2HKOs become OHKOs and with 2 Calm Minds nothing short of Specially Defensive Jirachi, Physically Defensive Ghost Arceus(which is not at all common), and Specially Defensive Dark Arceus will be OHKOd.

Zachmac

^Or, of course, Giratina could go defensive. It can burn Groudon with will-o-wisp and also have dragon tail to take advantage of dragon tail. Excadril and Zekrom could also both revenge kill Ho-Oh, even though the second one would have to be in the sand.

I'm a noob at Ubers, though.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Looking at this team, I find it one of those rare teams with almost no Kyogre weakness, which is very impressive. However, Groudon, especially Rock Polish variants, can be very destructive. Rock Polish Groudon can come it on Zekrom's choiced Bolt Strike, force a switch, set up a Rock Polish, and sweep right through your team with Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake. Even Excadrill can't outspeed it in sand, and even if it does, Groudon can usually tank the hit. Groudon paired up with Ho-oh is even more destructive, since take out a weakened Tyranitar and Tentacruel with Earthquake, Brave Bird through Giratina, Sacred Fire Ferrothron, and tank Zekrom's Draco Meteor. If Zekrom comes to Bolt Strike, Groudon gets a free switch, and if Excadrill comes in, Groudon comes to tank the Rock Slide and gets a free Rock Polish. I would recommend Mewtwo to handle these threats, since most Groudon who don't invest in Hp or special defense of OHKOd by Ice Beam, and any Ho-oh coming in while Stealth Rock is up gets knocked out by Psystrike. It also dents Excadrill (which will usually be OHKOs) and normal Arceus with Aura Sphere and can survive a non-boosted X-Scissor and Extremespeed at full health. It can also greatly damage Kyogre with Psystrike, allowing Zekrom to finish it off with Volt Switch to bring Tyranitar back in to bring the weather back to your advantage. With a Calm Mind, all previous 2HKOs become OHKOs and with 2 Calm Minds nothing short of Specially Defensive Jirachi, Physically Defensive Ghost Arceus(which is not at all common), and Specially Defensive Dark Arceus will be OHKOd.

Well Ho-oh isn't too much of a problem because I always make sure to have Rocks up, but I see what you mean. I'll probably replace Tenta for this Mewtwo, it looks very promising :D

multi-scale

^Or, of course, Giratina could go defensive. It can burn Groudon with will-o-wisp and also have dragon tail to take advantage of dragon tail. Excadril and Zekrom could also both revenge kill Ho-Oh, even though the second one would have to be in the sand.

I'm a noob at Ubers, though.

I think defensive Giratina is also a good idea, because despite the fact that you lose sweeping potential, you can make sure your spinblocker survives (otherwise your rocks will be off and Ho-oh can sweep.) And it is also a good way to deal with Groudon. Resttalk with Will-O-Wisp and Dragon Tail seems best, but I've never really used Giratina, so you might want to consult others as well.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Yes I can see rest talk really helping. Yea should also not forget to consider roar as an option. Roar goes through subs and other stuff. It also won't miss that +2 SD arceus you just a shadow claw from. The only common taunted is mewtwo anyway. That can be handled by your own mewtwo because tauntwo is defensively oriented.

Psycho Cut

Yeah, a defensive Giratina(-O) is definetly a good thing. You have good attackers as it is, and there's a high chance your current Giratina-O is OHKO'd by a +2 LO Arceus' Shadow Claw. A defensive RestTalk set will keep your spinkblocker and phazer alive longer, which can only be a good thing. This'd also make it easier to deal with Groudon

Also, you Zekrom set is well, medichore. You're best going with an Adamant/Jolly Nature, Max Attack and Speed and a moveset of Bolt Strike | Outrage | Volt Switch | Dragon Claw/Fusion Flare

Finally, run Adamant and X-scissor on Excadrill and Rain Dish on Tentacruel

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Ok since its been recommended a lot, I'll make Giratina a defensive one. Rest, Sleep Talk, Roar and Shadow Sneak?

multi-scale

Will-O-Wisp is better than Shadow Sneak since Normal Arceus sets up on you if you run Shadow Sneak. It also cripples Groudon.

multi-scale

Just nitpicking, you listed Psyshock instead of Psystrike on Mewtwo's set. Looks good! Glad I could help you with this team!

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Just nitpicking, you listed Psyshock instead of Psystrike on Mewtwo's set. Looks good! Glad I could help you with this team!

Oh, lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

On a separate note, no one knows where Excadrill's nickname comes from? I even included a clue :(