• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kirby Klub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell about the Wii's lifespan. Nintendo said that they had no current intentions of devising a new console, but you can't be sure. Hope this new game will be good. We haven't really got an original Kirby game with original controls (i.e. suction) since Squeak Squad 5 years ago, and that wasn't an amazing game. It seems as if Kirby has been resigned to gimmicks and remakes. Canvas Curse was a good but gimmicky game, and now epic yarn has a new control scheme. The days are gone of KSS and the Kirby's dreamland series' control schemes :(

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I would love to join and get feedback on a medaknight comic:)

Dattebayo

Banned
Can't tell about the Wii's lifespan. Nintendo said that they had no current intentions of devising a new console, but you can't be sure. Hope this new game will be good. We haven't really got an original Kirby game with original controls (i.e. suction) since Squeak Squad 5 years ago, and that wasn't an amazing game. It seems as if Kirby has been resigned to gimmicks and remakes. Canvas Curse was a good but gimmicky game, and now epic yarn has a new control scheme. The days are gone of KSS and the Kirby's dreamland series' control schemes :(

Strange because the game is receiving praise from both critics and the audience for its art style and original gameplay. Heck, it won best graphics out of the other nominees, which have realistic graphics. I heard that Kirby will still have his suction ability in this game.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
YES!!! Another club I'm actually interested in! Would you mind me joining and help keeping this club alive WITHOUT a sole interest in the Wii game?

I've loved the world of Kirby ever since I was seven. The first Kirby game I ever played was Kirby's Avalanche, a very weird introduction to Kirby, but I liked all the individual characters in it like Waddle Dee and Whispy Woods.

The first Kirby game I ever actually owned was Kirby Super Star, and I quickly fell in love with it. It had good storylines, and wonderful music. I've also played Kirby's Dreamland 2, Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, and Super Star Ultra. I also like the anime that goes with it, Hoshii no Kaabii/Kirby: Right Back At Ya. To tell you the truth, I'm really not anticipating the Wii game much, mostly because I don't even have a Wii.

Also, are any of you familiar with Kirby's Rainbow Resort? I discovered that site a while back, and has a lot of good Kirby stuff, including a "Kirbypedia" and a game music section. It also has lots of interesting game music remixes, fanart, and... well pretty much everything Kirby.

You can also check out my Youtube channel, which has quite a few KSSU videos, as well as a remix of the ending music for it that I made.

So now for my favourites:

Favourite Kirby game: Super Star Ultra, closely followed by Air Ride. Air Ride is also my favourite racing game, topping even Mario Kart because of the ingenious City Trial mode. As for KSSU, it's Kirby Super Star in portable mode with a few new sub-games--how much more awesome can you get? I love the idea of helpers as well.

Favourite character: Meta Knight, hands-down. He was even like a role-model to me at one point (he still kind of is), and re-kindled my interest in the martial arts. He's also my favourite video game character overall. Other characters I really like are Marx and Dyna Blade. Marx is a clever little villain indeed, hee hee hee.

Favourite KSSU Sub-Game: Meta Knightmare Ultra, for the above reason, and also because it's the only sub-game that utilizes (nearly) all the areas of the game in one. Plus it's a huge improvement over the original Meta Knightmare from Nightmare in Dreamland in my opinion (I hated the fact that you couldn't save in the middle).

Favourite KSS Helper: TAC. Stealing abilities=win. Whenever I play Super Star/Ultra as player 2, especially in the Great Cave Offensive, I always ask the other player to make me a TAC. Plus I love how he hides. Biospark is another favourite of mine, because ninjas=also win. I love how quickly and easily he moves around as well. And then there's Simirror, for the awesome Mirror ability and his whole magician look.

Favourite Copy Ability: It's a tie between UFO and Mirror. UFO is awesome due to the wide range of attacks not normal in Kirby's Adventure, and who doesn't love being able to float freely in the air? I love Mirror, especially in Super Star, for its neat-looking attacks, such as splitting into two and being able to reflect attacks.

Favourite Air Ride Machine: The Shadow Star. It looks cool, and has good flying capabilities as well. This is one of the machines I'm most likely to grab in City Trial. (Shadow Star is also my username on the Kirby's Rainbow Resort forums!) Second place has to be the Wagon Star because it's sturdy and easy to control, not to mention whoever thought of using a food cart in a race must be a crazy genius.

Riversong

Buggy down.
^I can't approve you since i'm not a co-owner, so wait for one of them to post (dunno how long that'll take).

I don't think i've posted here yet >.< But i'm still on the members list, sooo...

Favourite Kirby game: Amazing Mirror, and KSSU. I love how in AM you can travel around a non-linear map. I also liked bumping into the other kirby helpers randomly. As for KSSU there is a lot to do on that game, I still have to find like 20 chests in the Great Cave Offensive.

Favourite character: Kirby, with Waddle Dee at a close second. They're both so cute xD They just have that ability to make me smile no matter what. Meta Knight is cool too.

Favourite KSSU Sub-Game: Ohh that's tough. I like Revenge of the King because of the changes made to the enemies (evil apples, anyone?). But Meta Knightmare Ultra is fun too.

Favourite KSS Helper: Parasol Waddle Dee or Simirror. Simirror just has cool attacks and moves in a strange way. Plus the B attack deflects almost everything. Parasol Waddle Dee is cute...haha.

Favourite Copy Ability:Plasma. Kirby turns green, which is awesome in itself. The attacks are strong, and the general design neat.

Favourite Air Ride Machine: Wheelie Scooter, Shadow, and Dragoon. On City Trail I love getting Wheelie Scooter and driving around, observing the CPUs from a safe distance. On Shadow Star I go and attack them all. Dragoon is really fun to use because of its amazing flight.

King Slowking

Joinage!
Who's you're favorite Kirby character? Meta Knight
Why: I appreciate honorable swordsmen, and you got to admit Galaxia is the coolest damn sword in all of existence.

Airride_Master

I hate my Pasworrrrrrd D:
Also, I'm personally pycyed for Epic Yarn...
But there are two more games coming out D:
I don't have the funnnnnds...

I know I haven't been on in a really long time, sorry about that guys x_x

On another note, I'm too lazy to address everybody individually so whoever asked to be in the club is :D

Anyway, time to answer the topic questions

Favourite Kirby game: Kirby's Dream Land 3, it has my favorite characters in it, I like the design and storyline. I just thing everything about this game is great :D

Favourite character: Kirby, so many reason -^_^-

Favourite KSSU Sub-Game: I still have yet to get KSSU x_x but from the original KSS, I'd say Revenge of Meta Knight. It would be MWW, but honestly I don't like how copy abilities work in it, having to get the trophy.

Favourite KSS Helper: I never used helpers, I should but I dunno, I feel like I want it to be Kirby's adventure so I play as him alone.

Favourite Copy Ability: Oh, there's so many but I'm gonna say Sword. I dunno why, I just find it really fun :D

Favourite Air Ride Machine: Oh geez, I haven't played KAR in forever (I lost it when I moved houses T_T) but I'm gonna say Dragoon. It was so fun to just go around the City with it. Too bad it wasn't usable in Air Ride mode, but I guess thats for obvious reasons.

Hmm, I was waiting for this to get active again. Sorry for not posting!

Thoughts on Epic Yarn: It's certainly a nice change of pace. But who's the Prince Fluff guy...?

Now to answer a bunch of the topics.

Favourite Kirby game: Kirby 64. I dunno why, but maybe it's the dual ability thing. Or maybe because it has Ribbon and Adeliene. There's so many reasons.

Favourite character: Hey, if I told you guys, I'd get bricked. So I'll just say Kirby's a close second to what my real favorite is.

Favourite KSSU Sub-Game: Either the True Arena or Revenge of the King. So challenging~

Favourite KSS Helper: It's hard to decide, but I'll say Wheelie. Very handy for 2 player mode :D

Favourite Copy Ability: Mirror. Highest defense possible, sparkles, =D

Favourite Air Ride Machine: I haven't played Air Ride... but the Dragoon's interesting.

Dattebayo

Banned
Thoughts on Epic Yarn: It's certainly a nice change of pace. But who's the Prince Fluff guy...?

He may either be your partner, your rival, a second playable character, or the main villain of the game. I'm pretty sure his role will be similar to Squeak Squad.

Well, speaking of Kirby's Epic Yarn, I don't know if this is true or not. But apparently when the game comes out there will be a button input you can do at the start screen or menu (not sure which ) that will let you access a debug menu.

I'll try to see if I can find the post about this.

It was posted on AllisBrawl by t1mmy (a Smasher) and he says Reggie Fils told him about the debug menu thing.

King of Pichus

The digital monster
Can i Join?
my favorite character is Metaknight because he mysteriuos and powerful, plus he helps kirby alot, even though he's on King Dedede's side

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
I shall join.
My favorite character is probably Meta Knight, not just because he's the best character in Brawl, but because he's cool.

More Epic Yarn news!

It's coming out next month, on October 17!

The main villain's name is revealed, too! It's called Yin-Yarn. And...

Kirby is gonna talk in this game, and Meta Knight and Dedede will appear as bosses!

Cause I'm too lazy to copy/paste/quote everyone's join requests, yes you can all join whoever asked, don't worry I did read them all, I'm just lazy =P

Also regarding the last spoiler, anyone who read it (which it wasn't even that much of a spoiler, then its safe for you to check this out too -^_^-
thumb____________________1.jpg

Victory is my destiny!

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
A Kirby club? Awesome! A Kirby club that is on the second page? Not awesome!

Hello, I am Sapphire Kirby. As you can tell from my name, I am a big fan of the Kirby franchise. May I please join?

My favorite character is Phan Phan. I'm not sure why, though. I think it is because my first Kirby game is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and my favorite ability at the time was throw, which you can only get from Phan Phan in that game. Either way, I am always glad when the elephant makes an appearance.

I'll discuss more if I'm accepted.

Dattebayo

Banned
More Epic Yarn news!

It's coming out next month, on October 17!

The main villain's name is revealed, too! It's called Yin-Yarn. And...

Kirby is gonna talk in this game, and Meta Knight and Dedede will appear as bosses!

Well after playing the game, Kirby only talked in his mind since the dialogue said "Kirby thought"; so technically, he doesn't physically talk.

A Kirby club? Awesome! A Kirby club that is on the second page? Not awesome!

Hello, I am Sapphire Kirby. As you can tell from my name, I am a big fan of the Kirby franchise. May I please join?

My favorite character is Phan Phan. I'm not sure why, though. I think it is because my first Kirby game is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and my favorite ability at the time was throw, which you can only get from Phan Phan in that game. Either way, I am always glad when the elephant makes an appearance.

I'll discuss more if I'm accepted.
Of course you can join.

Sorry I haven't posted here in forever, I'm kind of disappointing since I was expecting this club to be bursting with life because of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Anyway, I've played Epic Yarn and it is BY FAR the best game of 2010 in my book and one of the funnest games I've EVER played, honestly, its my second favorite Kirby game right now only behind Kirby's Dream Land 3 (KSS, isn't my favorite Kirby game... weird I know huh? Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE KSS still -^_^-). Some people complain about the difficulty of the game since you can't die, but in all honesty, Kirby games are generally easy and you rarely die throughout playing most Kirby games anyway so it didn't bug me at all. Every level is unique and has something new that the previous level didn't have. Each level is fun to explore and just mess around in. It's a perfect Kirby game in my opinion. Although not gonna lie, some of the mini-games/training levels can be frustrating to complete so there is challenge in those ;)

Dattebayo, Kirby speaks at the beginning of the game when he's eating the Meta-Mato saying "Down the hatch!" and I believe Kirby along with Prince Fluff are talking when you complete a land and they say "We did it, we got the Magic Yarn!" so yes Kirby does talk, just not too much ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.