• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I had a problem with it until i realized just how many Pokémon there are already.

The way the developers undoubtedly see it, and the way I see it is that, even though it's a new feature and they have the same dex number, Mega Evolutions are in essence a new Pokémon.

Think about it:
Brand new designs
New types, stats, abilities

As such, when you add the 30 Mega Evolutions to the 71 new Pokémon, you get 101, which is just above Gen 2 in the amount of Pokémon.

Now I know they technically don't count, but they definitely factored into the developmental and design process as well as working out balance as new Pokémon.

Very true, but personally, I consider them to simply be the next level of forme-based changes which is the direction they've been heading in.

sunny phoenix

I don't really mind the lack of new Pokémon, so I'm in the minority here.

To admit, I think it's funny when the fans go into denial and say things like "therez more but htye gonna be dlc!!!!1!!1!11!" and "just wait 4 Z!!!111!".

more funny is your comment cause we already have leaks of 3 more legendaries ;) and the mega latias ..... not saying that is certain that they will add more but at least their hopes has some basis
and its not too farfetched to believe that in pokemon z or hoen remakes (if they will) we might have some new megas....
and also the majority in the thread states they are cool with the number...

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I honestly don't mind too much the fact that there are fewer new pokemon this gen (hell, one of them just became my new all-time favorite pokemon), but I'd like to say this: just because there's less of 'em, doesn't mean that the creators went for quality over quantity, like some people keep saying in their defense.

This gen has its own share of junkies as well, just like any other (Carbink, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Dedenne and Avalugg, just to mention the most obvious ones).

Last edited:

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I personally think it is fine that GF didn't release a bunch of Pokémon this time round. I mean, I was a little surprised at the lack of new Pokémon, and would have loved there having been even more, but I am content with the batch we got this time around. There isn't a single Kalos Pokémon (that I can think of) that I don't at least like in some sense. What I think is ironic is that people were complaining about them releasing 150 new Pokémon in B/W and saying that "the designs are terrible" and "Gen 1 was best" (but that's another story altogether), and then X/Y come out and people are complaining about the lack of Pokémon EVEN THOUGH (imo) the designs may be some of the best we have ever gotten for Pokémon games.

I do agree that the type distribution could have been a little better, but really, I personally don't really care. I like the designs of the new Pokémon, and that's all that matters to me. I mean, we got a new Fairy type (which at first I thought was kinda dumb, I admit, but I turned out loving it); got some Pokémon including Sylveon, Xerneas, and the like. I mean, what's not to love about this gen's Pokémon???

Now, this is all just my opinion, so you don't have to agree. Just my two cents. ^_^

Ditto B1tch

Introducing only 69 Pokemons was a huge mistake done by GF. It's clear that the ammount is so low because of the Mega-Evolutions, which are 28 on total. So, if you consider the total, they designed 97 monsters in the end. I would sacrifice all these Mega-Evolutions for new species or Pokemons that were related to the previous generations.

If they wanted a nostalgic feel in the game, they could make previous Pokemons available on routes, create pre-evo and evolution for ancient Pokemons. It is a standard that works and we all love it. I got very disappointed when I saw Kalos Pokedex and noticed that Sylveon was the only Kalos' Pokemon related to a Pokemon from a previous Gen. I accepted that in Unova because that region was said to be very far from the others, but again in Kalos?

Another problem on having introduced so few Pokemons is that the Pokedex become limited and unbalanced. You lack options to make a good team, so GF is forced to make Pokemons of other regions available in the routes. By introducing the fairy type, they should have worried a lot on type diversity, so we would have more ways to interact the types and get used to the type chart. But what does GF do? They introduce Mega-Evolutions, which mostly deal with stats and abilities.

I'm surprised we had only 1 eeveelution this generation. Considering Eevee had gained 2 evolutions all the time he gained and their types interact somehow, after they announced that Sylveon was fairy type and fairy was in advantage against dragon, I really wanted that there was going to have a dragon type eevelution in this generation. But no, there wasn't. The designers wasted their time on making badass-forms for previous Pokemons instead creating new ones.

In short, Gen VI doesn't have the essense of previous Gens. Beware of next generations, chances are high we'll have around new 60 Pokemons and around 25 Mega Evolutions because they started to lack ideas to create new stuff

If they gave us too many pokemon they would have run out of ideas honestly.
This is not true. By having many Pokemons doesn't mean that they'll suck.

I am just saying, the more pokemon, the less intelligent the design is going to be.
Again another non-sense argument. Quaility doesn't depend on quantity.

And honestly, I think some of you are confusing bad designs with simple designs. Grimer, Muk and Ditto are simple designs based off a very simple concept: slime. It's a cliche idea, but it works.
Yes, Hidden Power, they're confusing. 75% of users in here are kids, so they're not mature enough for discussions.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm surprised we had only 1 eeveelution this generation. Considering Eevee had gained 2 evolutions all the time he gained and their types interact somehow, after they announced that Sylveon was fairy type and fairy was in advantage against dragon, I really wanted that there was going to have a dragon type eevelution in this generation. But no, there wasn't. The designers wasted their time on making badass-forms for previous Pokemons instead creating new ones.

I will admit, I was also surprised there was only one new Eeveelution but I understand why it was like that. The focus was to promote the new Fairy type as well as Pokémon Amie, just like the stones of Gen I, day/night in Gen 2 and the location-based mechanics in Gen 4.

It would have been cool to have another Eeveelution (especially a Dragon type) but the only other type I could see would probably be Fighting considering it could promote the Super Training function (I guess Eevee hits the bag a lot and levels up after learning a fighting move to mirror the method?).

fitzy909

Just another guy
The lack of pokemon is kind of dissapointing, but not terrible. Yes i would have liked around 100+ new pokemon, but what are you gonna do? However, as much as I like mega pokemon I do think that it would have been better to get more pokemon, even new evolutions. Mega pokemon are cool don't get me wrong, but that doesn't warrant having a mere 69 new pokemon. I would have liked to have seen a few pokemon that were just plain old evolutions of pokemon from previous generations, like they had in gen 4. Overall, I don't think they realeased so few because they were worried about running out of ideas, because as long as there is at least one creative person at gamefreak there will be new pokemon and i think that we have enough pokemon. Just ask yourself do you want loads of pokemon with terrible designs or less with the varied and unique designs, like we got this generation? I know whihc one i would pick.

The lack of Pokemon doesn't bother me nearly as much as the lack of post game stuff. BW2 had so much to offer as far as legendaries (past and present), White Treehollow/Black Tower, etc that this gen had almost nothing.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I generally don't mind the amount of new pokemon introduced this generation. In fact, I kind of see a pattern. In every new even generation, the new pokemon presented don't even make it past 150. The Hoenn region may have had 130-something pokemon, but that's awfully close to 150, so the odd generations are generally introducing new pokemon around the 150 mark.

Sprinter1988

To be honest I am fine with the lower number of new pokemon simply because so many others are available. There are a total of 454 pokemon available to you in these games and I for one enjoyed that faaaar more than having another 150 new pokemon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The lack of Pokemon doesn't bother me nearly as much as the lack of post game stuff. BW2 had so much to offer as far as legendaries (past and present), White Treehollow/Black Tower, etc that this gen had almost nothing.

Well of course; XY are the first installments of Gen VI. Aside from GS for obvious reasons, the first installments never have much in the way of post-game.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
1382327345777s.jpg

Don't forget this exists guys. Who knows, more might be coming!

BCVM22

Can I ask how you know this? I thought it was real...

In addition to the fact that Twitter is an open resource available to be scoured at any given time, as linked above, consider the international breadth and depth of the fandom, the franchise you're discussing and the long-distant past date on that fake tweet (October 13 of last year). It doesn't strike you as odd that supposedly the one individual with the most control over the core titles stated something like that as publicly as can be but it wasn't discussed, was never covered by the gaming media or anything like that?

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

Additionally more Pokémon = more models that they have to animate, and they already have to do multiple animations for well over 700 different variants of Pokémon.

What's the matter if they have to design 700 models? Hire more employees to do that if they're overloaded.

It's worth it as Pokemon is the second best-selling Nintendo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.