• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

[spoil]Junior Cup Tournement Finals match ( Not the alder one but you know the match before him with.. yeah i cant say it here ) [/spoil]

Totally predictable and a waste of time.

yours?

- Thanks for the movement Sushi

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
My choice isn't a complete battle, but a part of a batlle.

When Ash faced Tobias in the Sinnoh League. Heracross was taken out, and ash sends out torkoal.

Who is promptly KO'ed by it.

Why?

Ash had infernape, charizard, and even quilava, but he used crybaby torkoal. Don't get me wrong, torkoal is my favorite fire type. But Ash's was soooo pathetic. And now they tell me is KO'ed by a dark pulse, when in Hoenn it survived sinking to the bottom of the ocean? Also, his torkoal defeated a steelix and almost tied with registeel.

Ash's torkoal was shown in the past to be weak, but not so weak that a single move could take it out, even from a legendary.

And that torkoal could have avoided the hit. We've all seen it jump straight up 10 feet to use body slam. Or it could have switched to overheat, which would have countered the move.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
My choice isn't a complete battle, but a part of a batlle.

When Ash faced Tobias in the Sinnoh League. Heracross was taken out, and ash sends out torkoal.

Who is promptly KO'ed by it.

Why?

Ash had infernape, charizard, and even quilava, but he used crybaby torkoal. Don't get me wrong, torkoal is my favorite fire type. But Ash's was soooo pathetic. And now they tell me is KO'ed by a dark pulse, when in Hoenn it survived sinking to the bottom of the ocean? Also, his torkoal defeated a steelix and almost tied with registeel.

Ash's torkoal was shown in the past to be weak, but not so weak that a single move could take it out, even from a legendary.

And that torkoal could have avoided the hit. We've all seen it jump straight up 10 feet to use body slam. Or it could have switched to overheat, which would have countered the move.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah , I agree. I have heard the same about that from MANY people too. The fact that Sceptile Heracross and Pikachu ( Only these are close to the Elite Group of Pokemon that Ash got ) beated the crap out of Darkrai and Latios SAYS ALOT and could u imagine that Infernape Charizard Snorlax and Primeape( Just to name a few ) are way more stronger then them( exception Sceptile ) ? by the way , i hoped that Ash would've evolve his Gible to his second form. I knew that wasnt going to happen but i still hoped for it. Still sucks that the creators didnt do it lol.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Yeah , I agree. I have heard the same about that from MANY people too. The fact that Sceptile Heracross and Pikachu ( Only these are close to the Elite Group of Pokemon that Ash got ) beated the crap out of Darkrai and Latios SAYS ALOT and could u imagine that Infernape Charizard Snorlax and Primeape( Just to name a few ) are way more stronger then them( exception Sceptile ) ? by the way , i hoped that Ash would've evolve his Gible to his second form. I knew that wasnt going to happen but i still hoped for it. Still sucks that the creators didnt do it lol.

Yeah, the fight should have been much closer.

I don't know if we are going to see primeage ever again. Its been a long time. It would have been nice if he did evolve gible, but I think one of two things will happen to gible
A: Traded to Iris
B: We don't see him for 3 years, then he's brought back evolved for a league battle(I'm looking at you cyndaquil)
Gible upsets me a little in this battle. Ash practically just caught it, and it lasts longer against darkrai then torkoal did.

I think Ash's sceptile is definetly in his elite. It's taken one 3 legendaries by now (darkrai, regirock, and deoxys) and regularly defeates pokemon it has disadvantages against. Ex: Flannery's slugma and the scixor that terrorized a town.

But, to get back on track, I think there is a battle that everyone agrees was messed up. I think it was one of the very first battles pikachu had after tieng with latios. I'm sure you've guessed it by now, but here it is.

Ash's pikachu ties with latios, but looses to a lv 14 sansoak. Its stuff like this that made me stop watching years ago.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
Yeah, the fight should have been much closer.

I don't know if we are going to see primeage ever again. Its been a long time. It would have been nice if he did evolve gible, but I think one of two things will happen to gible
A: Traded to Iris
B: We don't see him for 3 years, then he's brought back evolved for a league battle(I'm looking at you cyndaquil)
Gible upsets me a little in this battle. Ash practically just caught it, and it lasts longer against darkrai then torkoal did.

I think Ash's sceptile is definetly in his elite. It's taken one 3 legendaries by now (darkrai, regirock, and deoxys) and regularly defeates pokemon it has disadvantages against. Ex: Flannery's slugma and the scixor that terrorized a town.

But, to get back on track, I think there is a battle that everyone agrees was messed up. I think it was one of the very first battles pikachu had after tieng with latios. I'm sure you've guessed it by now, but here it is.

Ash's pikachu ties with latios, but looses to a lv 14 sansoak. Its stuff like this that made me stop watching years ago.
Agreed here. If we talk about levels , Pikachu isnt lv 100 , its more like 1000 something. Levels doesnt count as a role in the anime but i mean COME ON Ash and his Pikachu are training alot through 4-5 regions or something? and couple of islands? seriously.. It would make sense if Pikachu would just beat the crap out of the weak ones and lose to tougher opponent but its the other way around in the anime.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash 4th Unova gym battle *facepalms*. If not for Palpitoad, it would be the WORST gym EVER!!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The gym wasn't that bad, and I don't see how Palpitoad saved it from being the worst...

Pikachu got two one hit ko's. Are you ****ing kidding me -_-.

Palpitoad's battle was the only decently done one which saves the gym for me.

LizardonX

Banned
Pikachu got two one hit ko's. Are you ****ing kidding me .

If the anime was realistic every battle with pikachu would be one hit kills.

Lake Acuity nothing more than a ploy to make Paul look good at the expense of Ash and gave him a "standard " fanon team which even now gives people reason to discredit Ash's league victory.

All of trip's fights in the world tourney count.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Snivy hit Emolga with Leaf Storm earlier, so Emolga wasn't at full health.

Oh that Leaf Storm didn't do **** -_-. I think they even said that in the actual episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It still made contact. Besides, it's an Emolga. That species can't really stand up to any strong attack.

Isn't steel like not very effective on Electric types??