• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty much every battle in BW and BW2 so far except for Ash vs Clay. Also the ones where Pikachu wins by knocking out a rock or ground type with an electric attack.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Boring and predictable.

e: Seriously, now, I'd have to say Ash vs Ritchie. That battle was pretty bad.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pretty much every battle in BW and BW2 so far except for Ash vs Clay. Also the ones where Pikachu wins by knocking out a rock or ground type with an electric attack.

You need to have a lot of hate to say such a stupid thing, gotta release those bad energies.

-----------------

As for me probably the Kanto battles but the animation was diferent at the time, otherwise of the top of my head I don't remember anything.

ludiloco

So far 2 of the battles against Trip were lame as hell:

The 1st one and the last one

The battle club one was OK since Trip had a good strategy and Ash's pokemon were very weak at that time.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Trip's battles with Ash except for the third one. Sure he used strategy in the 2nd but it felt like Ash being nerfed in everything was the reason why he lost.
The 4th one was a load of bull. Two hit KO on a fire type and dodging Fire Pledge? Only to be easily crushed like a noob by the champion and then Ash in the league?
Stupid Plot Amor.

Koffing vs Boldore. HOW THE HELL CAN GYRO BALL DEAL POWERFUL DAMAGE TO BOLDORE WHEN KOFFING WAS A SPEED DEMON?!?!?!? The sheer fact it did not get poisoned to make it realistic was an insult to Boldore's mighty defenses. Seriously it could have grabbed Koffing and pulverize it with Rock Smash.

Ash v. Tobias

The outcome was decided the minute the matchup was announced.

Sprinter1988

Ash v. Tobias

The outcome was decided the minute the matchup was announced.

Couldn't agree more. Not only was Ash defeat obvious, it was a humiliating one. At least when he lost to Harrison in Johto and Tyson in Hoenn Ash and his pokemon put up a bit of a fight. Heracross was there to show how powerful Darkrai was, Swellow, Gible and Torkoal were there to take a beating, and Sceptile and Pikachu were there to soften the blow.
And that's all there is to it.

Satoshi101

Ash vs. Giovanni in the most recent episode. They're (Bulbapedia) are pushing it to even call it a battle. Pikachu attacked Persian, and Giovanni came in and tole it to counter Pikachu's attack.

Although the trio battles with Arbok, Seviper, Cacnea, Weezing, etc. are also pretty dull. It always goes the same:

Jessie: Go, Arbok/Seviper!
James: Go Vicrtreebel/Cacnea/Carnivine/Weezing!
James (if Victreebel, Cacnea, or Carnivine) Not me! Them! The twerps!
Jessie: Arbok/Seviper, Poison Sting!
Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!
Trio: [Looks like] Team Rocket's blasting off again/We're blasting off again!

WhyHelloThere

Lmfao that's even worse

It's worse?:confused:

imo that battle with infernape and electivire was pretty nice :) i could've imagined if paul beated ash ( because ash losses alot ) and paul gets knocked off against Tobias.

Bullkid was trolling.

You need to have a lot of hate to say such a stupid thing, gotta release those bad energies.

He bashes quite a few things from BW.

-------

Scraggy versus Throh was pretty terrible.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There's so many imo i'll just do a top ten

[spoil]

10. Ash's Swellow vs Winona's Swellow: I know Ash's Swellow has some impressive endurance to electricity (which apparently allows it to get nailed easier by other moves such as Solarbeam and Luster Purge) but come on it took so many hits in this battle and we're supposed to expect the two strikes it did were enough (even though the first one was clearly not well executed) Grovyle must've scored a crit with Leaf Blade before it went down.

9. Ash's Torterra vs Wild Claydol (Buck Episode): Defining moment that proved how bad Torterra was, it couldn't damage the thing at all and it's Leaf Storm was deflected by a Rapid Spin, and then said Claydol gets it's butt kicked by a Baltoy?

8. Ash's Quilava vs Harp Guy's (forgot his name, don't care) Armaldo: I honestly think they should've done more with Quilava than bring it back just to tie with a fossil pokemon and then never show us it again.

7. Ash's Buizel vs Maylene's Lucario: I've said my peice on this battle many times, I find it stupid that they had Buizel learn a new attack AND have it's ability implicated and it barely manages a draw, maybe one or the other I could see a tie, but with two things that should've tiped the scale for Buizel to come out the victor straight and true even if it would've been regarded as dues ex it wouldn't have been so freaking stupid.

6. Pikachu vs Elesa's Emolga: probably the only part of that gym battle I would consider cheap, the other fights were not cheap, Tynamo disobeyed Elesa and payed for it, not to mention with it's only attack being Tackle I figured it wouldn't last long anyway, but yes Emolga got cheated.

5.Trip's Serperior in the recent junior cup: every battle this thing was involved in, cheap, lame and bad as it makes people wonder if Ash can beat Trip with this thing and Pringles backing it.

4.Ash's Charizard vs Brandon's Dusclops: felt lame how forced it was upon Charizard to lose just because he already had a fight and they wanted Bulbasaur and Squirtle to be the stars in the match, not to mention Charizard did not once hit Dusclops with a Fire move, only Dragonbreath, and Seismic Toss--;

3. Ash's Treecko vs Brawly's Hariyama: "I pound your foot and you become weak!" stupidest logic ever...

2. Ash vs Tobias: I think everyone's said what needs to be said about this fight, Tobias was basically a block to keep Ash from winning.

1. Any fight Ash's Torkoal was involved with: He clearly did not need the thing long term, any important fight it was in someone else could've easily covered for it or taken it's place.[/spoil]

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's worse?:confused:

Bullkid was trolling.

He bashes quite a few things from BW.

-------

Scraggy versus Throh was pretty terrible.

Yes lol, at least Iron Tail is strong. Quick Attack us ****ing pathetic -_-.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Metapod vs. metapod, it's a classic. :D

The couple of battles where pokemon purposely underbattled to help another pokekmon (The Problem with Paras and that poochyena episode of season six) were pretty lame too.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Powered up Pikachu VS Wattson

There was absolutely no need for this kind of Overkill. If Pikachu had actually done this under his own power people would have loved it, but no ...

I actually felt sorry for Wattson. He's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader and he got destroyed by HAX.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Torkoal vs Steelix and Norman's Vigoroth. THE THING IS A FREAKING TANK YET IT GETS ONE HIT KOED AND PIKACHU/GROVYLE BECOMES A BETTER TANK AND SURVIVES XX AMOUNT OF HITS? Cheap.

Roxie's Gym was CRAP. Belittling Ash's powerful reserve IS NOT A WAY TO MAKE SOMEONE LOOK STRONG!

Koffing vs Boldore. HOW THE HELL CAN GYRO BALL DEAL POWERFUL DAMAGE TO BOLDORE WHEN KOFFING WAS A SPEED DEMON?!?!?!? The sheer fact it did not get poisoned to make it realistic was an insult to Boldore's mighty defenses. Seriously it could have grabbed Koffing and pulverize it with Rock Smash. SERIOUSLY? Damage it with Clear Smog? Boldore should have laughed at the damage. Even if Koffing had an evilote, its offenses would not harm a powerful Boldore.

Unfezant vs Koffing was really bad. The bird just got good in speed and endurance yet it falls very fast to a Koffing with lame offensive moves.

Paplitoad vs Garbodor was a cheap way to showcase Garbodor's cheap overpowered strength and belittle a Pokemon who barely appears in the anime.

Powered up Pikachu VS Wattson

There was absolutely no need for this kind of Overkill. If Pikachu had actually done this under his own power people would have loved it, but no ...

I actually felt sorry for Wattson. He's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader and he got destroyed by HAX.

Agreed. Pikachu should have ONE Hit Koed by Manetric rather Torkoal.
And if it was not for an overpowered Pikachu, Ash's team would not have stood a chance.
Tailow and Corphish sure they have survived Pikachu's attacks but they would not stand up to Wattson's strategies.
And Grass Treecko is weak to electricity in the anime. SIGH

Last edited:

"Pikachu, aim for the horn!" LOL

My least favourite battle is Ash vs. Tobias. Ash losing is fine, but Tobias's legendary Pokemon just felt really cheap. Ash should've lost with a good, tense battle, and not against someone like Tobias... I don't think trainers in the anime should have legendaries.

dman_dustin

"Lame" is such a suggestive term, I'm not entirely sure how to quantify it with examples.

If "Lame" were to mean "worst" then I could give some examples. But just straight up "lame" I couldn't think of any battles that were "lame" since "lame" has a different connotation to straight up "badly written" battles. "Lame" has more of an emotional tether than simply "badly written" battles. So I really can't think of anything that was simply "lame."

But let's go with the worst badly written battle ever.

In Unova- The honor goes to Ash vs Elesa, like Robert said the only saving grace of this battle was Palpitoad vs Zebstrika. There are so many idiotic badly written things about this episode, it was very intolerable to watch. Not only does Ash conveniently become out of character, just to overglorify Pikachu, is unacceptable. They really did address the whole "I use Pikachu too much" and then somehow because Ash chooses not to use Pikachu, he becomes completely idiotic and stupid, to drive in the fact that Ash should use Pikachu too "much" my god, what the hell writers. Do really think anyone with an average IQ is going to fall for that. Seriously only stupid people would ever fall for that. Thanks for trying to insult my intelligence why shoving Pikachu down my throat. It would've been so much better if Ash was going to use the Club Battle choices from the get go. None of this "OH GOD WHO DO I CHOOSE" B.S. that I had to watch. As much as I dislike the Roxie battle, it was leagues better than this B.S. battle.

Overall- Ash vs Ritchie in the Indigo League. It is quite clear to anyone who was paying attention that Ash was superior to Ritchie in every way. At least Ash's battle with Elesa actually looked like a battle, unlike this garbage, it was completely and utterly rushed, thanks Team Rocket, your B.S. interference was completely unnecessary. No one gave any commands to attack at least not from Ash (I guess to save time because of whole TR interference B.S.), it was completely rushed, Squirtle lost because of Butterfree's sleep powder, and Ash had to "resort" to using Charizard (because apparently it was his only viable Pokémon, thanks Team Rocket), and Charizard refused to battle, all of this just so Ash could lose.

If Ritchie was supposed to beat Ash, why did they have to write in such a way that if the battle was even remotely better written, Ash would have to win because he was superior to Ritchie. Why couldn't Ritchie just pull out a win, because Ritchie was slightly better in the one instance. Sure I know Ritchie was a horrible character, and Ash was superior in every single way possible, but did you "writers" have to reflect that opinion in the way the battle was written, because it was god awful, my least favorite battle, because at least every other "lame" "badly written" battle at least resembles a Pokémon battle. This resembled some horrible badly written free for all, and the trainers don't even exist.

The worst part is Ritchie wanted a good battle with Ash, it's sad that he was written to like the battle, because it was hardly a good battle.