• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Brock VS May. It made me sad that May won. I think Brock deserved to win to be quite honest.

I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job, and I wish he could have gone away with the end. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure. :p

Blessed

I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure. :p

Aw thanks for agreeing. Making it to the finals for your first contest is really great tbh. I think Brock should have too won and then he would have given the ribbon to May, making it a pity ribbon for her.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Nope. No Strategy at all. Grabbing Pikachu by the tail was cheap and she did not even command it. Ash used a bit of strategy himself but they the writers had to send out Pikachu knowing well they nerfed its power against Excadrill.

It could have been Paplitoad vs Excadrill to make it interesting. Heck it would have made it seem even on both sides but nope a typical Lame Battle and a predictable Give away win to Iris with an anti-climatic end to the Don Club Battle.

Lol Iris saving him for last was the best strategy she could of used.

The only strategy Ash used was that one Iron Tail.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Here's just a few in no particular order:

Ash vs Blaine (Initial Match)- Yeah, yeah. "Pikachu, the horn!" But there's more. Ninetales takes down Squirtle with FIRE SPIN? Seriously? Oh, and Magmar's "immunity" to Pikachu's Electric-Type attacks. I never bought that for a second. Overall, a real let down of a match. And it's so ironic, because Ash's rematch with Blaine (Charizard vs Magmar) was easily one of Kanto's most epic and memorable duels.

Ash vs Claire- Not so much the battle itself, which was fine. I was just always annoyed that Ash had to resort to using Charizard and Snorlax for this one. Brock even mentioned that Ash didn't have faith in his Johto party to take care of things. The writers OPENLY acknowledged how much Ash's Johto team sucked on its initial journey yet did little to change it. Sigh.

Ash vs Wattson- Hax. Hax. Hax. Totally unnecessary. Nothing else needs to be said, other than it gets my vote for the absolute WORST Gym battle in the anime. Period.

Ash vs Brandon (Charizard vs Dusclops)- Again, been mentioned to death, but Ash must have suffered a recent blow to the head. No Fire-Type moves AND using Seismic Toss? Seriously? Totally forced loss to stack the odds against Ash and make Bulbasaur and Squirtle the stars.

Ash vs Candice (Gliscor vs Snover)- Pathetic. Why was Gliscor even used here? After its epic victory over Byron's Bastiodon, I was convinced it had overcome its status as Ash's "baby." I was wrong.

Ash vs Tobias (Torkoal vs Darkrai)- Torkoal's power is unbelievably bipolar. Manages to hold its own against Brandon's Registeel, and even bring that beast to its knees! Yet it can't dodge ONE Dark Pulse which it faints to. And it's a shame too, Torkoal was easily Ash's best bet for a Fire-Type against Tobias. Quilava had only recently increased in power, Infernape was probably just wiped out after facing Paul, and Charizard couldn't have made it in time. Completely forced loss.

Iris' Dragonite vs Georgia's Beartic and Dawn's Mamoswine- It must be nice having a Dragonite with an immunity to Ice-Type attacks.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job, and I wish he could have gone away with the end. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure. :p

It's really odd how they teased us about Brock leaving at the end of AG so much...with different girls (even Solidad), and even made a filler about him being a Pokemon doctor before Ash's final match with Brandon. And then he stayed a WHOLE NEXT generation till he comes to the same conclusion.

Seriously, WTF, writers?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

True but May made sense to win. Brock barely battled although he was on the show longer.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash vs. Pryce and Ash vs. Volkner were quite disappointing. Both were hyped but ended up being mediocre at best.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Misty vs Ash at the Whirl Cup. It was good until Psyduck came out. To much of a plot convience that Ash forgets Psyduck's headache crap when he countered it with Bulbasaur in his rookie days. Cheapens Misty's win.

Ash vs Nando. I am so glad Nando didn't win the GF after seeing this battle. The Coordinators of Sinnoh would have been a joke.

Ash vs Wattson. Forgettable Pikachu power battle.

Dawn vs Jessie at the GF. After Zoey vs Nando's amazing five star contest battle how do you feed us this? Ursula should have been in Jessie's slot or it should have been Kenny. This one contest battle really brings down the grade of the Sinnoh GF for me. I can't believe they wasted a top 4 contest battle with Jessie's lame Team Rocket Pokemon that get blasted off every episode. Jessie should have cheated to try and gain a advantage or something. She didn't even use Yanmega for crying out loud! Worst contest battle in the series. Sucks that one of Dawn's only two victories in the GF was against such a unworthy opponent. Way to show your regional girl is actually strong writers. Okay rant over

Ash vs Erika. I listed this one because Erika is my fave Kanto Gym Leader so it sucks that her battle was so lame. Really Charmander loses because Gloom stinks? Even as a kid I thought that logic was dumb. I wanted to see Erika use her Victreebel and the battle got interrupted by Team Rocket.

Ash vs Trip when they first meet. Enough said.

There's many more but these ones come to mind first for me.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Ash vs Erika was horrible and it shows how Pidgeotto was once ignored. Charmander losing to Gloom was pathetic.......

Cilan's battle with Skyla. As if Pansage who had Dig and Rock Tomb losing was not bad enough, the almighty Crustle who did not take one hit from any of those weaklings attack ended up 1HKOed with STURDY by a single Brave Bird from Swanna. Stunfisk an indestructible special bulky tank getting 2HKOed by FLYING MOVES not getting hit by bubblebeam at all and Swanna healing itself with Aqua Ring. DAMN plot convenience for Skyla.

Oh and up to Unfezant's evolution, the battle with Ash vs Skyla was complete bs. Krokorok had a huge advantage over Swoobat but ended up 1HKOed by Air Cutter when none of his powerful attacks hit. Pikachu getting beating up a Pokemon with a type advantage and flying moves is was just sad to watch.

Blessed

True but May made sense to win. Brock barely battled although he was on the show longer.

Would have been nice to see Brock win though and get his respected spotlight. As for the ribbon, he could have given it to her since he doesn't need it for anything.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
-Metapod vs Metapod

-Pikachu vs Magikarp

-Jessie vs Serviper

-Chimcar vs Zangoose (I just didn't feel the whole zangoose storyline thing)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
-Metapod vs Metapod

-Pikachu vs Magikarp

-Jessie vs Serviper

-Chimcar vs Zangoose (I just didn't feel the whole zangoose storyline thing)

Lol Jessie pwning Seviper wax awesome!!