• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Hellken

I saw Captain Phillips some weeks ago. The acting was excellent.

Drummerdude

Watched 12 Years a Slave last night. Absolutely incredible. Amazing performances made it one of the best films I've seen this year.

Went and saw Captain Phillips today and enjoyed it as well. Tom Hanks made my eyes get a little misty which doesn't happen often.

Emiko-Gale

Monsters University and it was adorable.

~Sea_Spirit~

Prince of the Sea
The Return of the Mummy... x)

Puma Italia

Monsters University and it was adorable.

I loved that movie. I was laughing harder than any of the kids who were seeing it with their parents.

I saw Anchorman a few days ago, I didn't see the entire thing, but I have seen bits and pieces of it. Anchorman 2 looks hilarious.

HernanBesaRP

Kalos Champion
I saw Fired Up! last friday with my friends, I don't think I've laughed so hard watching a movie in years. It's a comedy about 2 guys that go on a cheerleader camp to seduce 300 girls and there's this girl that says random comments every time and she would be like: ''I'm just sayin'.''

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Trigun: Badlands Rumble

I really love the anime, so it was inevitable for me to see the movie. My younger brother has been watching Trigun as well, so when he got up to a certain point, we decided to watch it together. It's a really fun and awesome movie, I love it. Only Vash's voice actor returned (granted, this is Funimation's dub, not Geneon's), the others had different voice actors and actresses, but they were really close to the originals anyway, so I hardly noticed--and it was still great anyway. The movie characters Gasback and Amelia were awesome, I enjoyed them a lot. Of course, Vash was the best part of the whole movie. I freaking love him, he was as dorky as always. The animation and soundtrack were top-notch, though it still kept the same feel as it was in the actual show, despite the animation being digital and not on cels to give it that familiar nostalgic grainy look.

Really, overall it's a fun movie that stayed relatively true to character and appearance. I will be surprised if fans of Trigun haven't seen this film yet--it's only been out since about 2010, so it hasn't been that long, but whatever. I'm still new to the fanbase anyway, so while I don't have the honor of waiting years for this movie (let alone get blown away by nostalgia), I still felt privileged to have seen it and enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed: whooping in laughter and cheering for the characters on-screen while holding your breath at the carefully-timed serious moments.

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
Billy Madison was just on TV. So much nostalgia!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Thor: The Dark World on Friday.

It was pretty good. It started off well and was quite funny, but it lagged near the middle when confusion ended up increasing quite a lot and at times too much was going on. This is true for the final battle - I liked the comedy with how they portrayed it, but about three different fights were going on. The ending was clever but made an earlier scene confusing. I liked seeing the characters from the first film back and the cast was generally good although I felt like the Asgardian soldiers (Thor's friends) could've done more, though Jane, Erik and Darcy had plenty to do so I wasn't disappointed there. Also, sometimes it felt like they took a break in the wrong places, making it feel abrupt (such as after the first battle against the Dark Elves) whereas at other times there could have been more time spent on the intermissions between action. Overall, it wasn't as good as the original, but not a terrible film - it has good potential but only lives up to it sometimes. 7/10

jaybird

I've been having a marathon of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies since Friday the 1st, so I could see Thor: The Dark World last Friday.

My current ranking of the MCU movies (which now consist of eight movies as of last Friday).

8. Iron Man 2
It's a good movie, just not as great as its predecessor. That overlong scene where Tony Stark is trying to find a replacement for palladium in the third act just dragged on too much.
7. The Incredible Hulk
This is a much better Hulk movie than the 2003 Ang Lee Hulk movie, but the special effects used on the Hulk weren't really that good. Plus, the dark tone of the movie makes it feel kind of out of place from the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though, Hulk is a special case of a character where you can do him both dark and brooding and light and fun.
6. Iron Man
I love this movie with a passion, though I don't feel it has aged very well. I mean, they still use a Myspace reference in this movie! Who uses Myspace anymore? However, it was still a very good starting point for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
5. Iron Man 3
Now, this was much more like it, the best of the standalone Iron Man movies. I mean, yes, I did want a proper version of The Mandarin, but I did love the twist overall after thinking about it and how many times the Mandarin has been reinterpreted in the comics.
4. Thor
I never thought that Thor Odinson would ever be done very well in a live-action movie, but this movie proved me wrong. I especially loved how they dropped the whole Dr. Donald Blake thing from the original comics, which never really worked that well overall in the comics. It was also a great introduction to Thor as well to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
3. Captain America: The First Avenger
My most favorite of the Phase One movies. I loved how they got Captain America's character right, and how they made him appeal to people worldwide, despite his name being Captain America, and being named for a country that isn't winning a lot of popularity contests right now.
2. Thor: The Dark World
My current favorite of the still-ongoing Phase Two movies. The newest one in the Avengers franchise as well. Came very close to being better than The Avengers as well. Loved the heck out of it.
1. The Avengers
Still my favorite of the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe. With all the ways this movie could have gone wrong, thank God that Joss Whedon was involved with it.

Can't wait for the next movie in the franchise, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, due for release on April 4th, 2014.

Sprinter1988

Last film I watched was on Wednesday. Niece comes round for her tea with me and her grandparents every wednesday and she wanted to watch Wreck-it Ralph.

Seriously, I'm a male in his twenties. I should not tear up at a kids flick, but even though I've watched it many times before, what he says when he's falling towards the mentos over diet cola mountain gets me every single freaking time! And that final line about not needing a medal to know he's a good person.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
My brother practically dragged me to the tv to watch Ted with him a couple hours ago. It was alright.

Seriously, I'm a male in his twenties. I should not tear up at a kids flick, but even though I've watched it many times before, what he says when he's falling towards the mentos over diet cola mountain gets me every single freaking time! And that final line about not needing a medal to know he's a good person.

Dude, I'm 21, and I ONLY cry at kids movies. I don't think anyone gets as sad as I do while watching Mega Mind XDDD

Last edited:

jaybird

Watched Winter's Bone last night. It was really good, and Jennifer Lawrence was amazing.

I've been meaning to see that, I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I know she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in that movie, but she lost to Natalie Portman in Black Swan. However, Lawrence made up for it when she won her Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook two years later. I actually bought a DVD copy of Silver Linings Playbook yesterday, I'm going to watch it tonight before I go to bed. (I have seen it once before when it was in theaters.)

jbthedelirious

I've been meaning to see that, I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I know she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in that movie, but she lost to Natalie Portman in Black Swan. However, Lawrence made up for it when she won her Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook two years later. I actually bought a DVD copy of Silver Linings Playbook yesterday, I'm going to watch it tonight before I go to bed. (I have seen it once before when it was in theaters.)

I have feeling she's going to turn out to be one of the greats. I mean she's very attractive, funny and she's a great actress. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see Catching Fire and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Anyways, I just finished watching Les Miserables: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall for the I-don't-how-many time. I love the cast in this version, there's a reason it's called the Dream Cast. Lea Salonga will always be my favorite Eponine, always. Of course, I love pretty much everything Lea Salonga does.