• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Navin

MALDREAD
Captain Phillips

What an intense film. Amazingly acted and really well made. I can tell why it has such high ratings and is nominated for Best Picture. I highly recommend this movie.

Mr.FusRoDah

The Boondocks Saints 2: All Saint's Day...
TIME FOR SOME WHOOPASS FAJITAS!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Gravity. It's the only Oscar BP nominee I've seen this year, so I obviously want it to win. But it's easily the most artistic movie I've ever seen. The special effects are top notch. Scenes of Earth and space are breathtaking and beautiful, while scenes inside shuttles and the stations are claustrophobic and intense. Same with the entire ISS sequence outside of it too. The music makes much of the tone as well, but I won't go into too much spoilery detail. But of course, the acting makes up the rest of it. Sandra Bullock is fantastic, especially in that scene where she's "talking to the Chinese station." And the cinematography is beautiful, and the sounds are on point. Really, it's just so beautiful. 4.5/5.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Under The Same Moon

9/10. Fantastic movie, really. I honestly shed a tear or two throughout it.

Ruas

The Artist. Was initially thrown off by the black & white and it being a silent-drama, but I now see the charm in it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Wind Rises

Saw it with my grandma. I really liked it, it was a nice movie. It felt like two hours, but at the same time, I was into it enough that I didn't notice. The voices were fine, though the lip-syncing was slightly off in some areas, and I think the characters were jittery at times. It was odd. But the story was nice and flowed smoothly, so it was pleasant to watch. Such a shame Miyazaki came out of retirement for the third time, because it's a nice movie to be his farewell. Well, hopefully when he does retire for good, his real last movie will be just as good, if not better.

There was a handful in the theater along with us: a young couple (teenagers or young adults), and a father and his young daughter (who was quiet, not often you find a reverent child in the theater), the rest were old-timers. In a way, it makes me glad that there's a broad audience for Ghibli films, though it makes me wonder if they went to see it because it was WWII-related-somewhat. *shrugs*

So yeah, a great way to start off the week. I'm glad my grandmother came up to me and asked if I had wanted to see The Wind Rises, since she knows how much I like anime.

Ruas

I just saw From Up On Poppy Hill. Very beautiful movie. I really loved how to romance builds up slowly & gently. The background score too, especially when in the club-house is amazing!

-Raiga-

Just watched "In Time" with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. To be honest, while I don't think I should have, I enjoyed it for the most part. I think the fact that the idea for the plot was so good, that it overturned what was otherwise an incredibly predictable movie. Like many other reviews of the movie, I feel that there was just so much more that could have been accomplished in the film

Nonetheless, a good movie to have on in the background while you're doing homework or other chores.

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
just saw thor: the dark world. it was a good movie but at some bits of it i felt like i was watching lord of the rings. got to say though malekith was a really underrated villian, chris did fine in the role and apart from a slight edge to his voice i couldnt tell it was him. besides, he was a great fit for malekith anyway, having already appeared on doctor who for just the one season

Noot Noot

Klefki Groupie
Splash Too. (Though a sequel, I still don't quite get why they used "too" instead of "two").

What can I say? I have a thing for mermaids. 9u9

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Frozen

It was good but not amazing IMO. The story was OK and the CGI was great but I found the music to be a bit underwhelming. Lion King still holds the #1 spot as my favorite Disney movie.

7/10.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie.

It was good AND educational, though, it easily could've been better, easily.

7.5/10

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
I believe the last film I watched was Howl's Moving Castle, and it was a stunning animation, with gorgeous scenes, strong characters and a great story to boot. Will watch it again soon c:

★Shiny Sylveon★

I believe the last film I watched was Howl's Moving Castle, and it was a stunning animation, with gorgeous scenes, strong characters and a great story to boot. Will watch it again soon c:

Lol, I liked watching that movie ^^

Anyway, just finished watching Frozen for my 11th Time ^^
Can't get Tired watching that movie :3