• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Ketaru

Frozen is so overrated that it's getting ridiculous.

I think my biggest problem with Frozen- and the one thing I had trouble shaking after seeing it- was how Elsa's powers receive little to no exposition or explanation. They're just there and people lap it up for surface oppression allegory. But it's a messy comparison.

Elsa truly is a dangerous person when not in control of her powers. It seems to be completely without explanation. It nearly kills her sister...twice. It throws an entire kingdom into an unnatural winter. When she returns, she does pretty neato things with them like create year-round ice skating rinks and insta-ice sculptures. But Arendelle will never want for an army again, because she is a one-woman army. She can freeze enemies at her borders, destroy their agriculture, and leave whole nations in a state of famine and poverty. And nobody thinks to look into this a little further, like is the family lineage under some curse? Or maybe she's an X-Man.

Speaking of overthinking Disney, I find this interpretation of The Little Mermaid agreeable.

http://salexanderphd.tumblr.com/post/58639402338/poor-unfortunate-souls-a-quick-meta-on-the-little

EDIT: For all this talk about Disney movies becoming more progressive, one wonders why nobody is talking about how great Lilo & Stitch was. That one was very progressive without being so ham-handed about it. Lilo was certainly no princess (and had an admirably dark sense of humor). It dealt with very real problems like unemployment. And- forget simply breaking tradition- Stitch is an outright non-sequitur among other Disney characters.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
X-Men: Days of Future Past
This and First Class are now officially my favorite X-Men entries.

Dolphin Tail
I heard about the sequel, so I decided to re-watch it. Actually a very nice movie.
Same here. They both were really good :). Saw the latter just recently and loved it. Wolverine made me laugh at times. Like the series as a whole still, warts and all.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I finally watched Thor The Dark World.

I thought it was an alright movie, but I like the first Thor movie more to be honest.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I finally watched Thor The Dark World.

I thought it was an alright movie, but I like the first Thor movie more to be honest.

I personally think the second one's better, but TBH the Thor movies are my least favourite of the Marvel movies.

Just about to watch Godzilla, hopefully it's better than the previous ones.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I personally think the second one's better, but TBH the Thor movies are my least favourite of the Marvel movies.

Just about to watch Godzilla, hopefully it's better than the previous ones.

Same here the Thor Movies are my least favorite to be honest. I like the Xmen movies, and Spiderman movies more to be honest. I watch most Marvel Films though because i'm a huge fan lol.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Same here the Thor Movies are my least favorite to be honest. I like the Xmen movies, and Spiderman movies more to be honest. I watch most Marvel Films though because i'm a huge fan lol.

Yeah I love Marvel as well. I went to see Winter Soldier in the cinemas and it is definitely my favourite Marvel movie to date. Amazing Spiderman 2 was also good to see. Can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2, Ant-Man and Dr Strange to come out.

Young_Simba

I went to see X-Men days of future past a couple days ago. The trailer for it made it look boring and I was supposed to leave halfway and go see 22 Jump Street instead but it had me so interested I decided to stay and watch. I give it a 8/10, most likely the best X-Men movie so far.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
A Million Ways to Die in the West.

It was actually pretty... interesting. My dad's work paid for it 'cause it was some get together thing, I dunno, but it was nice. c: I probably would've paid if I had to since it was pretty funny.

Ketaru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2ZY9UFj60

Deleted scene from Lilo & Stitch. Should never have been deleted, it's awesome! It's also the impression I get every time somebody sprinkles some Japanese into their speech here and there just because they watch a little anime. Or say "Namaste" in out-of-context situations.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Watched Godzilla, surprisingly I enjoyed it. I was surprised by how much they focused on the human characters rather than Godzilla, but the storyline was intriguing nonetheless.

Young_Simba

Neighbors. It was amazing, the duo of Dave Franco and Zach Efron was absolutely amazing. I think it was the best comedy I've ever seen, the only thing that challenges it is 21 Jump Street.

Ketaru

Recently re-watched Treasure Planet. Just in a Disney kind of mood after talking about it for a while.

So, so underrated.

Solitary Poet

Just re-watched "Lady In The Water" on a whim...

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Les Misérables for like the tenth time. This is my jam.

Finally actually watched The Woman In Black. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too heavy on the common horror movie tropes.. it was. It wasn't moderately scary, maybe a little unnerving, I spent most of the movie laughing at Daniel Radcliffe's reaction faces to what was happening around him. *spoiler* The scene where he is walking back up to the marsh house after just going out and he sees the face in the window is the best: the zoom in on his face had me rolling.