• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

SmartD

I watched Memoirs of a Geisha today. I remember watching most of that movie in middle school.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Watched Megamind last night. Very funny animated movie. Will Ferrell can do any role he wants, I swear. 8/10

Zora

perpetually tired
The Lego Movie.

Since I grew up with Lego's, I rather enjoyed the movie. The animation was pretty fantastic given it's Lego style. Overall, I liked it, but not sure if I'd objectively call it good.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The last movie I saw in theaters was Frozen, while the last movie I saw at all was The Lego Movie.

Both were great films that surpassed my expectations, though I'm not a crazed fan for Frozen like most of the world seems to be

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
The last movie I saw in theaters was Frozen, while the last movie I saw at all was The Lego Movie.

Both were great films that surpassed my expectations, though I'm not a crazed fan for Frozen like most of the world seems to be

Yeah.... I don't see why everyone loved it so much. I mean, it was good, but over-exaggerated. Best movie of the year so far has got to be The Winter Soldier.

Ketaru

A Chinese Ghost Story: The Tsui Hark Animation

I saw a trailer for this movie a long time ago but didn't have money to buy it at the time. So I put the thought aside and soon forgot about it. I was reminded of it again when I saw this trailer:

http://youtu.be/eA0JVAeSibc

...and decided I was in the mood for a Chinese animated movie. A Chinese Ghost Story was...not bad. Not great. Kind of sweet and goofy. And definitely 100% in the style of Hong Kong, with theatrics and camp dialogue turned up to max. The subtitles for the Viz/Pioneer DVD are pretty bad though and it could do for a Blu-ray release with a better translation. Not to mention I sometimes believe Blu-ray players are so detailed, they accentuate the flaws in DVD transfers to unbearable levels. I should try to find a way to actually turn down the level of detail.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Yesterday. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. (2001)

Saw this many years ago, and i wanted to watch it in HD again. I remember the 1st time i was blown away by the cgi and other special effects. Nothing more to say, it's still one of my fav Harry Potter movies.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Saw Return to Oz yesterday. Ever since I saw Wicked in February I've had an interest in Oz and so I felt it was time to watch this.

I really liked it! People keep saying it was creepy, however I think the people who think this are just expecting it to be like the MGM movie. There's scary parts, but on the whole I just found it to be a pretty good adventure. I thought the animatronics in this movie look great, way better than the costumes in MGM's movie. It's pretty faithful to the books, even if it is a fusion of two of them rather than a straight adaptation of one. That said, the way they joined up the two plots, while reasonably effective, did not meld them perfectly in my opinion. I liked their portrayal of some of the characters, particularly Tik-Tok and Jack Pumpkinhead, though I did not care for the sofa-moose and felt his expanded role was unneeded.

I've read 7 of the books, saw the MGM movie as a child, and now have seen both this and Wicked. And I have to say, while this movie isn't perfect by any means, it's the only one of the four so far whose flaws aren't one of the main things I associate with it. 8/10

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I went to the theaters a few weeks ago and I watched the new Transformers movie. I thought it was a good movie.

Slau

I'm (not) a rapper.
Resident Evil: Retribution
I've been playing a lot of RE games lately so I decided to watch all the movies. I don't think the movies are nearly as entertaining as the games. Apocalypse and Extinction are pretty decent but the rest are pretty bad in my opinion.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Heard how good 'Dawn' was, so I watched the first one. Really good, didn't expect it to be that thrilling. Now I can't wait to see the 2nd.

8/10

SmartD

I saw Lucy today. It was wild with all the stuff she did.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Divergent

Good action scenes and storyline. Acting was pretty good, but the ending let the whole movie down. Therefore, I give it a 7.

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
Torterra, of course it did, it's called marketing. Inconclusive ending = people watch the second / third / fourth installment.

I just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I felt as if a few characters were underdeveloped (Ash, Rocket, and the woman just to name a few) and I felt as if the woman (Forgot her name already) should have spoken a bit more about the daughter, just to let her and her son bond a bit more. Great movie all in all, but I think I liked the last installment better.

sυƒƒσcαтιση

commie bastard.
i'm pretty sure the last movie i watched was "kill your darlings" or "gravity" but the first movie is more fun to talk about since the entirety of gravity was just "good-bye sandra bullock and george clooney"

kill your darlings is a movie starring daniel radcliffe, who, if you don't know, played harry potter in the harry potter movies. the movie itself is about the beat generation of writing and focuses on several poets in college. i dont want to go into detail because i don't want to spoil the movie that much, but, fair warning, its a gay movie featuring daniel radcliffe doin some gay things (i solemnly swear i didn't watch it just to see harry potter doing gay things). if youre a writer and love it like me, you'll enjoy this movie. if not, you'll probably get bored easily. it's a pretty good movie, not the best, but i highly recommend it.

Drummerdude

Dawn of the Rise of the Conquest of the Planet of the Apes or whatever the new one is called. Holy crap was it good. Koba became one my favorite characters because of how relatable he was. "Human Work!!!"