• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Shindo

Iron man 1, never saw that movie while i already saw the the other ones .

SpoinkyPearl

Mystic River
A lucky strike struck me - in Wednesday this week I finished an autobiography of Clint Eastwood I had borrowed from a library and on Thursday they aired Mystic River (directed by Clint) on TV :D Hadn't seen it before so I had to watch it and it was pretty fun to see it actually since I had just read about the film and Eastwood in general. Plot was interesting and the actors did a really good job. I didn't actually expect to see a murder mystery (it thought it would be more a drama film) but whatever, I like them anyway.

Remains of the Day
This was aired yesterday in TV and I had to see it because I missed previous airing for some reason. It was interesting how interesting the film was even though only a little actually happened in it. Anthony Hopkins was great and it was fun to see Christoper Reeve in the film as well. I liked how the film balanced the past and the present and the setting looked really great. I kept wondering was the film shot in some real manor, need to find it out. I was hoping to see a more direct romance, but I think the film was very fine and I enjoyed it - though I understand if some find it boring.

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
The last movie I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy. Having seen all the other Marvel movies, including Age of Ultron, I completely forgot about GotG! So, I rented it and WOW, it was great! Rocket was my favorite character due to his wittiness. I can't wait for the Marvel Phase 3 movies...

★Shiny Sylveon★

Last movie I watched was Paul. I love watching that movie and always crack up each time I watch it.
Although, the last movie I watched that I watched the first time was Unfriended. I watched it the same day as Paul with my friends.
Was a bit disappointed on Unfriended though, didn't turn out to be as terrifying as I expected it to be, :|

The last movie I saw was Schindler's list. It was a great movie. I really liked how emotional it was. I even cried a little near the end. Yep, it was a pretty good, pretty emotional and pretty old movie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The new Fantastic Four. Just wanted to see how big of a mess it really was. The reviews are right.
I will now go rewatch the older two to try and forget this.

SmartD

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy today. I think it was cool.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Halloween II (1981)

To me still one of the better sequels out there, not only in Horror. Been watching HalloweenMan87 on youtube so I had to watch the first two.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Smurfs 2.

And surprisingly enough, it wasn't the worst kids movie I've watched.

Still isn't good by any means.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
50 shades of grey.

And it's a film that can honestly be summed up in a just a few points.

• Boring (like snoozefest boring)
• Terribly written (though this isn't really the films fault)
• Silly
• Idiotic female lead character
Not to mention that this movie goes on for almost 2hrs! Way longer than it has any right to be.

This is one of those films that is still bad even for it's targeted audience (just like Pixels).

Though if there is anything positive I say about this atrocity, it'd be that the movie is so aware of how bad the source material was, that it basically poked fun at a what was already bad novel series and I'll give the film credit for that at most. And Dakota Johnson's performance was really great. But even she couldn't save this film. Don't expect the sequels to be any better. 3/10

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well like two weeks ago-ish I saw Pixels. Pretty good movie. I know peeps say Adam Sandler hasn't been making good movies lately, but I really can't distinguish a bad movie with a good movie. ._. I liked it. >_>
Well I guess I really don't have standards for movies I guess :c Hey if it has something I like I go watch.Taking my chances! *^*

Naw.
Also saw Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F tonight... yesterday night? >_> Amazing movie. Kind of makes me regret not watching Battle of the Gods in theaters when it was. :c Like I said, it was a pretty nice movie. Although it left me wanting more in the final battle. I think I enjoyed Battle of the Gods more, but I still liked this one.

state of grace

(500) Days of Summer
I'm usually fine with those quirky indie dramas a la Frances Ha and Beginners, but this didn't do anything for me. I was bored throughout the entire movie, the characters were unbearable, and it was just so pretentious. Zzzzz

Last movie I saw was the new Vacation movie. I wouldn't say that it's terrible, but it's not good either. On my personal scale I'd probably give the movie a 5.5/10 - 6/10. Mediocre at best. A lot more swearing and raunchy comedy than the old Vacation movies. P.S. God, Chevy Chase has not aged well.

Psychic

Really and truly
Pitch Perfect 2 was never going to live up to the original, and maybe my expectations weren't as high because I didn't see the original during the initial hype, but either way, I pretty much got what I expected. It was weird in that sometimes it felt like the movie wasn't even trying to be witty or funny, and other times it was trying too hard. This film was also weirdly obsessed with being as much like a standard "college" film as possible. The cameos and Das Sound Machine were amazing, though.

The Minions is exactly what you were expecting. It feels like one long TV episode more than a movie with a coherent plot, and most of the jokes were already featured in the ads.

I also decided to watch Catching Fire and Mockingjay Part 1 on Netflix. The former was okay, and it was nice seeing more of the HG world and the most fun characters (Effie, Johanna, Finnick). The latter kept a lot of the dumb stuff from the books and was pretty boring and did not need its own film.

Bryce Dallas Howard's character was pretty badass. I mean yeah a lot of the attention went to Chris Pratt, in the end its Bryce Dallas Howard's heroics by using herself as live bait that end up saving the day and she did it all while wearing high heels, if that isn't badass I don't know what is.
I never said her character wasn't badass. My point is that more of the characters, especially main characters, in Jurassic World could have been women. Why couldn't one of the kids be a girl, for instance?

~Psychic

Last movie I saw was Ant-man several weeks back, it was pretty good, doesn't help that I was genre savvy enough to see quite of the plot twists happening.

Cutty

Forever now
The new Fantastic 4 (they should've added something in the title so ppl stop calling it the new...)

I'm sure not why the hate about this movie. I actually liked it. Its more sci-fi and personal than the old one.
And its been awhile to see Jamie Bell again.