• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

SmartD

I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. Martin Freeman was Arthur, that's neat. I watched it because Alan Rickman voices the robot in that movie.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Pete's Dragon

It was okay. I felt it didn't do better nor worse than the original, but it didn't bring anything new to the table. Elliot grows on you, but I still think the design looks weird. The kid who played Pete I thought was good, though. He brought the "Pete" to the title, but the "Dragon"... not really. I didn't really get that here. The very end scene before the credits I thought was unnecessary, it was way too hokey even for this movie and ruined the tone it set up.

No plans to see it again, but I at least saw it, even if it was how I thought it would be from the trailers.

state of grace

La Notte

While gorgeously directed, this was definitely the weak point in Antonioni's Monica-Vitti-and-depression/alienation film series. Strong performances throughout the film, but I didn't feel very in tune with the film as opposed to the other films. It definitely goes L'Eclisse > Red Desert > L'Avventura > La Notte for me.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sausage Party and I'm very conflicted on it.

It's got some pretty decent humor to it and a surprisingly okay setting, but it's over reliance on swearing and sex jokes is ridiculous. I mean that scene at the end of the movie.. Holy s*** ahahahahahahaha!

Again it's really one of those movies you gotta see on your own to really get an idea if it's good or not, for me it's very mixed but still good because for every genius thing this movie does, the grotesque jokes and visual gags kinda kill it but you can look past it.

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I saw Kubo and the Two Strings the other night. It's a phenomenal film that doesn't pander to its audience. It kind of hearkens back to older children's films where the story is for everyone and there's not some hidden subtext and jokes meant only for adults. It's a very universal story that can appeal to any age as well as being incredibly mature with its subject matter without forgetting to have fun.
Also, holy crap is the animation amazing. The stop motion is nearly flawless and the little errors add so much charm to the film. It's beautiful enough to surpass special effects in every CGI film because they look natural yet phenomenal.
I highly recommend the film!

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Blazing Saddles.

It's been on my radar a few months now, but after the passing of Gene Wilder I gave it a shot.

SmartD

A Boy Named Charlie Brown. It's been a really long time since I watched this movie. I'm going to watch the rest of the Peanuts movies, including the new one.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Rewatched Elysium. I didn't remember it being so entertaining. I'm easily entertained, so this was a pretty sweet film. If anything, the only negative aspect about it was the slow start. All else is ok in my book.

SmartD

Snoopy Come Home. Another Peanuts movie I haven't watched in a really long time.

Cutty

Forever now
Let's see:

BFG
It's adorable I suppose. I wanted to say this film could have been much better but it's already fine. Part of me wanting the film to show the bad giants eating children. Well it's unnecessary, not b/c it's a kid film (I don't recall if the book has it ayway). The funniest part is during the scene w/ the queen of England.

Don't Breathe
If you ignore the plot holes/bloopers, this horror/thriller film is actually good. Films are not flawless anyway. What I like is the plot seems simple from the trailer, & you think you can literally guess how it runs and ends, but noo.
Not bad at all, one of the better horror films this year.

Lights Out
This one is also a good horror film. Probably the best horror film so far that takes 'darkness' as its premise.
The direction/style of the film is somewhat familiar to me, no wonder, cuz James Wan is part of it. Everything works well. I don't really like the ending, it's kinda reminds me of Annabelle. But I can't really suggest a better solution.

The Mechanic 2
I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular w/ the fights but still good to watch. Definitely better than Jason Bourne.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Suicide Squad

It was good, it has some flaws. Even though some characters feels like wasted, they did a great job about the character development of Deadshot, Harley and El Diablo.
I think there's no plot and that's why some people hate it. But still a good film (MoS and BvS was still better) 7/10.

PS: Flash cameo.

SmartD

The Secret of NIMH. I saw this movie in grade school a long time ago.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Just watched Independence Day: Resurgence. A lot more fun than people make it out to be. Didn't expect the change in pace from the first one: the futuristic setting was unexpected, but justified; the older heroes still around was nice; the videogame-like feel to it (towards the end) was a surprise. Too bad for Smith's character. But then again, don't expect all previous characters to make an appearance in any sequel. I liked it though. I wouldn't mind the sequel that they hinted either.

Missingno.Fan

I watched Night in the Museum: Secret of the Tomb last night. It was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, and was a great improvement over the second one.

Psychic

Really and truly
I had read the plot summary of Snowpiercer awhile ago, and finally watched it. The setting was really interesting and the plot was neat, but there are so many holes in the setting as well as plot holes here and there. If the film had aimed for a less realistic tone and aimed to be consistently stylistic throughout, it might have worked better. It was great to see such racial diversity in the film, and there were at least 3 main female characters, so that was a plus.

I just finished watching The Breakfast Club. I can imagine how huge it must have been for teens, plus it was pretty edgy, but hoo boy are parts of it problematic through a 2016 lens. The way Claire is constantly sexualized, the makeover scene Allison gets, the way Claire becomes super nice to everyone at the end (including the dude who sexually harassed her), and the way both girls are paired off are all really creepy to me. Plus Allison didn't really feel like a fleshed-out character, unlike the rest of the cast. I think the janitor was the only character I really liked.

~Psychic

AmethystLeslie

I saw this movie yesterday in my Intro To Computer Art class, but i never found out the name. It was an avant-garde and experimental film released in the 1970 New York Film Festival, and wasn't well received back then (completely understandable), but seen as avant-garde now.

It was about the alphabet. The movie begins with a woman speaking sentences that began with every letter going alphabetically. Then the bulk of the movie began, which was words in what seems to be 1970 New York City signs and other places to find words, and they also go in alphabetical order. The filmmaker put as many words as possible to go for god knows how many loops of this, and when they ran out of words for a letter, the letter would be replaced with some random scene of something happening that I think was supposed to represent the letter they replaced, but I'm not sure how turning pages in a book represents the letter A.

The last 10 ninutes of the movie (or something) was women spouting random words that have to form one long sentence that makes sense even if a little bit. This goes on for a while, but not as long as the last bit. All the while you're listening to this, you're seeing a couple walk across a snowy plain with thier dog, and that lasted for the entire segment.

I'm just your average everyday scrub who doesn't know art, so me, my friend, my teacher, and the whole class thought it was super boring. This was related to an assignment, so that's why we saw this. I legit thought this was the most boring thing i had ever seen. It was only an hour long, but it was the ultimate test of patience (or as a classmate joked, a pure torture method).