• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Us - pretty good, and had a couple of cool twists

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Saw Pet Cementary, Us & Shazam.

Pet Cementary - A great Stephen King film with it's fair twists.

Us - If you are a fan of Alfred Hitchcock and those classic sci-fi horror films, check out Us. It's good.

Shazam - THIS IS SO GOOD! There is so much fun surprises in the Shazam movie that the trailer does not show. There was one huge surprise at the end that I think no DC fan was expecting them to do so early in a Shazam film franchise. So freaking good.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Us.

I liked it! The concept was something that interested me from the first trailer all the way back in December and it did not disappoint. I don't like it as much as Get Out... but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to any horror fans.

7/10

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got to see Stan and Ollie recently. Loved it. It's a true love letter to the both of them. Gets a solid 8/10 from me.

Just saw Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind. It's a very good documentary. I was in tears by the end of it.

Just saw Ready Player One a couple of days ago and liked it ok. Loved the different video game cameos and easter eggs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Shazam, it's so amazing!
Between that and Suicide Squad 2, the future of the DCEU is looking nice!

Captain Marvel.... eh
If they dare say she's more powerful than Thor in Endgame, that's just ridiculous.... Thor earned the top spot

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I went and saw Shazam last week, it was a very fun film. It was very good! It's my favorite DC film since Wonder Woman (Aquaman was good as well I thought)

Zackary Levi is great as Shazam. He's the perfect choice for the role! Next week I'll go watch Avengers Endgame. I'm very excited.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Decided to watch Pokemon: The Power of Us since it was free on demand. I was expecting the typical tropes we've come to know from previous Pokemon films but was surprised at how different it was. The plot was refreshing and for once we dont have a talking legendary. I found it entertaining and a nice distraction for roughly two hours.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
These are movies I watched like 1-2 weeks ago:

1.Warcraft: It was meh/bad. Since, I like video games I wanted to see what's all about, but it's just CGIfest.
2.Under the Silver Lake: I liked it, Andrew killed it. 3.Treasure Planet: For me hand-drawn Disney movies are much better than CGI ones, so I wanted to give this a chance and it was good. 4.The Pianist: Amazing movie, blew me away. I literally felt through screen how Jews felt poverty and hunger. Actors did amazing job. 5.Gift: Good movie, ending is kinda messed up. 6.Amazing Spiderman 2: I never watched this movie before 4 days. It was good, many people say it's bad, but it's good actually.7.Suspiria: I understand the point but it's kinda WTF-like.8.No Strings Attached: I find Natalie really beautiful so I wanted to check her movies xD. Guy has needs xD. It's Ok movie.9.Nightcrawler( re-watched): Amazing movie. 10.Kong: Skull Island(re-watched): Amazing movie.11. John Carter: Meh movie. 12.Get Out(re-watched). Amazing movie, can't wait to watch US in Blu-Ray( I didn't watch it sadly).13.Don Jon: Idk why I watched it because of Scarlett, I think xd.14.Cold Mountains: Amazing movie and 15.Black Swan: it's good movie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Infinity War
Fantastic movie!

Ever since the forum change I haven't figured out how to title a Spoiler.... so obviously don't click this.
Can't really say too much without spoiling stuff so.... yeah lol Please don't click

I do think it's quite stupid how ALL of Peter Parker's classmates just happened to have been snapped though :rolleyes:
Really, what are the odds of that? *sigh* Hawkeye's family and Scott's hero family I can buy because the plot.... but Peter's entire class? lmao Seems pretty ridiculous, letting Betty get aged up would have made sense as *gasp* she's supposed to be older than Peter, and it'd be good setup for JJ Jameson!
Ned and Flash were the only ones that needed to stay as is, given Gwen and Harry aren't around yet.

Can't wait for Mysterio though!

Hawkeye actually became cool(Still ticked off about Quicksilver though)
Vision and Gamora stayed dead.... lol People always whined to me they wouldn't be when I brought it up, happy to be proven right!
Thor joining the Guardians of the Galaxy was something I was honestly hoping for ever since Infinity War, I'm happy it happened and this makes me hope that we get Beta Ray Bill in Guardians 3! Was thrilled to see Korg again too, glad we have actual visual evidence he was alive over "Oh, he wasn't with them" from the directors. Maybe he'll appear in Sif's show? She needs a fun supporting cast and well... they basically made the Warriors Three canon fodder in Ragnarok :p

Cap's "Hail Hydra" lol and meeting himself....

Cap had a great ending, I hope they give this kind of ending to Peter Parker and don't kill him whenever the actor wants out(Or Sony decides to be stupid), let him and Gwen/Felicia live a happy life together. I'm honestly happy that both Spider-Man and Thor's actors are willing to stay as long as they keep them! Hopefully we can actually see most of Spider-Man's rogue gallery shown, like Kraven, Hobgoblin(Debut him first, like the 90's cartoon), Black Cat, Silver Sable, Chameleon(Though he'd work as a secondary villain like Shocker in Kraven's movie), Carnage, and Morbius(The latter two if Sony stops being stupid)
He already married MJ in a movie so I'd rather he marry Gwen or Felicia in this saga. "That's not MJ" Yes, she is.... it's a fusion of Michelle and MJ, like Ned is a fusion of Ned Leeds and Ganke(Miles' friend)

Next up Detective Pikachu, Toy Story 4, and Spider-Man: Far from Home
Yeeeeah! Excited for all of them :D

Might see Joker....
That's a big NO on Sonic though, no way! Sonic deserves better

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got done watching Venom. Ended up being better than I thought it would be. Don't get why so many reviewers panned it. It reminds me of other super hero movies out there, formula wise. It gets a 7/10 overall, it's a bit dragging in parts but not bad.

-----------------------

Just saw Aquaman, and like Venom... I thought it was pretty good. Don't get why so many people disliked it. It was like a lot of super hero movies. It gets a 7/10 from me overall. Also saw the Girl in the Spider's Web. It was good, but the plot felt rather thin in parts. It gets a 6/10 from me.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Went out and saw Detective Pikachu yesterday. Really liked it, it's far from perfect, but still worth the watch. It gets an 8/10 from me overall, 7/10 (if I include any of the weak points I saw in the film).

Really liked it...

Minus the news person with the Psyduck. She got on my nerves a bit. Really got creeped out by Ditto though. Holy Arceus, is it creepy! Even more so than Mr. Mime.

There was one part that really cracked me up. Tim's dad had his tv on and the movie they were showing was the VERY same one from the Home Alone movies! :) Totally geeked out over that!

https://kotaku.com/detective-pikachu-director-explains-a-most-unexpected-e-1834743814