• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
1917 - 9/10

Good war movie. Shows kind of what soldiers might have gone though during the first World War. Almost teared up at the end.

Yesterday I watched Gamera Guardian of the Universe on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed the movie. Now here is a fun fact, this movie is the first kaiju movie where one of the kaiju is played by a woman. In the movie, Super Gyaos was played by suit actress Yumi Kameyama.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Contagion - 8/10

Very good movie about how a virus spreads. Really frightening and relevant these days.

Onward - 8/10; but in terms of overall, including life lessons, 10/10.

It's a solid cartoon that teaches the main character to believe in himself and grow and for his older brother to do the same as well, in his own way.

Last edited:

SummerHaze

Knives out.
A little bit like a murder / mystery even with a off the cheek comment about cluedo. I quite enjoyed it although Daniel Craig's accent was a bit suspect

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Colour Out of Space, I've wanted to watch it for a while because I've been reading some Lovecraft novels recently, and while it's not bad it didn't exactly grip me. Some of the effects are nice to look at, and Madeline Arthur is pretty, but there weren't exactly any scary moments in there, and I was lead to believe Nicolas Cage's character would frequently go full Nicolas Cage ballistic, but he really doesn't. I give it a 6/10.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
People Under the Stairs

Still my favorite horror movie of all time, for its practical effects and the raw cheesiness of some of the scenes, almost becoming a dark comedy at times. Yes folks. It's ok for horror movies to have funny parts in them.

Scoob

Not gonna lie. I honestly thought it was just going to be Scooby-Doo CG. But it was more of an homage to Hanna-Barbera in general, and actually went a few places that I wasn't expecting. So definitely way better than I thought it was going to be.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Frozen II. I like that movie way too much to be considered normal.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Bay, a found-footage horror movie about a coastal town in Maryland that gets overrun with mutated flesh-eating sea lice. I've known about The Bay and its premise for a long time but had no desire to actually watch it, however it was on TV a few days ago so I thought I'd give it a try. As far as found-footage goes, it's no Troll Hunter, but it was still competently made and some of the news report and Skype call segments felt authentic. There's nowhere near as much body horror or gore as you'd expect, and the characters are a bit tropey (the plucky upstart reporter who's in over her head, the teenagers who mess around and get flirty before getting killed by the monster, the corrupt politician who knows of the danger but covers it up to save face, that kind of thing). Not much more to say really, The Bay is just your average found-footage monster movie. I give it 5 out of 10

SummerHaze

Project Power - 6/10

For a movie with two of my favourite actors in, I thought it was just okay.
Interesting plot, that I felt could have been used better (a bit like how I felt with the movie "In Time").

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Phineas and Ferb: Candace against the Universe
It was awesome! Loved the Milo Murphy's Law references

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Cat's Eye - a horror anthology movie from the 80's based on short stories by Stephen King. You've got three segments; in the first one James Woods plays a smoker who joins a quit smoking service that threatens to violently hurt him and his family if he ever smokes again (but why he never tells the police about this organisation threatening to harm his family I have no idea), in the second one a crime boss blackmails the man his wife is having an affair with into risking his life by climbing all the way around the narrow ledge of a tall building, in the third one nine-year-old Drew Barrymore is terrorised by a little goblin who comes into her room at night and steals the air from her lungs, and the frame narrative connecting the three stories together shows the adventures of an ADORABLE stray cat who finds himself in different places and gets into all sorts of trouble.
I said horror anthology movie at the start of this post, but really Cat's Eye doesn't have very much horror in it. The first two segments are more like crime thrillers and the third is a really cheesy urban fantasy that I think was trying to be Gremlins. None of these stories are particularly interesting, but the scenes where the guy is climbing around the ledge does have some tense edge-of-your-seat moments. But by far the cat and his adventures are the best part of the movie. He's so cute, goes through a lot of bad stuff, nearly gets killed multiple times, but (Spoilers for the ending) still finds a loving family to live with and it's so uplifting to see everything work out for the little guy. Best movie protagonist of the 80's. It's mostly because of this that I give Cat's Eye a 7 out of 10.

Last edited:

SummerHaze

The Princess Bride

A few moments ("there are consequences when a woman lies") have aged poorly, but mostly this is a film that just looks better and better with time. A true masterpiece of parody and satire that is also the best of the genre it pokes fun at.

10/10

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I was watching Disney’s The Little Mermaid And while I still see it as a classic, I’ve come to realize that Ariel is actually the most selfish Disney Princess and protagonist ever. Hear me out. For the entire first act of the movie it was all about Ariel and how she wanted to live among humans and all about her wants while making Triton look like a total jerk for even remotely caring about Ariel not getting hurt in a world she literally has no idea about and could be extremely dangerous for her to explore not knowing what was up there. She willingly signs the contract with Ursula to make the random human she found and rescued fall in love with her even though he could have been engaged to be married to someone else or might not even like her the same way. Then she throws a fit when Ursula disguised as a different person using Ariel’s voice to show her that love can be subjective. Ariel spent so much time trying to get Eric to love her that she never thought about her family back in Atlantica during those three days. She didn’t even do anything selfless until Triton traded places with his daughter in the contract. And she still gets rewarded with what she wanted in the end after being so selfish.