• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Blade Runner: The Final Cut - 8/10

Glad I gave this movie another try. It's so much better without the voiceover narration. Solid acting and cinematography.

Scary Stories - 8/10

Good documentary about the Scary Stories to tell in the Dark book series.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power - 7/10

A pretty good documentary about Al Gore continuing to fight for the environment.

Sonic the Hedgehog - 6/10

Liked Sonic and his humor, was disappointed in Dr. Robotnik and his humor. Cringed at a lot of it.

Loved seeing Tails.

Superman - Red Son - 7/10

Liked this ok enough. Pretty good story and take on Superman's life if he lived over in the Soviet Union.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
1917 - 9/10

Good war movie. Shows kind of what soldiers might have gone though during the first World War. Almost teared up at the end.

Yesterday I watched Gamera Guardian of the Universe on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed the movie. Now here is a fun fact, this movie is the first kaiju movie where one of the kaiju is played by a woman. In the movie, Super Gyaos was played by suit actress Yumi Kameyama.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Contagion - 8/10

Very good movie about how a virus spreads. Really frightening and relevant these days.

Onward - 8/10; but in terms of overall, including life lessons, 10/10.

It's a solid cartoon that teaches the main character to believe in himself and grow and for his older brother to do the same as well, in his own way.

Last edited:

SummerHaze

Knives out.
A little bit like a murder / mystery even with a off the cheek comment about cluedo. I quite enjoyed it although Daniel Craig's accent was a bit suspect

Reinhardt

Colour Out of Space, I've wanted to watch it for a while because I've been reading some Lovecraft novels recently, and while it's not bad it didn't exactly grip me. Some of the effects are nice to look at, and Madeline Arthur is pretty, but there weren't exactly any scary moments in there, and I was lead to believe Nicolas Cage's character would frequently go full Nicolas Cage ballistic, but he really doesn't. I give it a 6/10.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Baby Driver, really good movie.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
People Under the Stairs

Still my favorite horror movie of all time, for its practical effects and the raw cheesiness of some of the scenes, almost becoming a dark comedy at times. Yes folks. It's ok for horror movies to have funny parts in them.

Scoob

Not gonna lie. I honestly thought it was just going to be Scooby-Doo CG. But it was more of an homage to Hanna-Barbera in general, and actually went a few places that I wasn't expecting. So definitely way better than I thought it was going to be.

TheWanderingMist

Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned
Frozen II. I like that movie way too much to be considered normal.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Cure for Wellness. Good movie TBH.

Reinhardt

The Bay, a found-footage horror movie about a coastal town in Maryland that gets overrun with mutated flesh-eating sea lice. I've known about The Bay and its premise for a long time but had no desire to actually watch it, however it was on TV a few days ago so I thought I'd give it a try. As far as found-footage goes, it's no Troll Hunter, but it was still competently made and some of the news report and Skype call segments felt authentic. There's nowhere near as much body horror or gore as you'd expect, and the characters are a bit tropey (the plucky upstart reporter who's in over her head, the teenagers who mess around and get flirty before getting killed by the monster, the corrupt politician who knows of the danger but covers it up to save face, that kind of thing). Not much more to say really, The Bay is just your average found-footage monster movie. I give it 5 out of 10