• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Yesterday I watched Destroy All Monsters. It is a really great movie. It is the seventh Godzilla movie I have watched and the first one I have owned.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I saw Soul last night.

It was absolutely amazing; the animation was gorgeous and there were many different themes to take away from it. Not sure if I can definitively say right now whether I liked Inside Out more or not, but I don't think that matters too much in the long run. Regardless, I highly recommend it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Akira - 8/10

Pretty good movie. It almost seems to be an allegory about nuclear energy.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
“The Christmas Chronicles 2”. The first one was a masterpiece of comedic genius. It stars Kurt Russell (last name may be spelled wrong, my apologies) as a sarcastic Santa Claus, the actor who plays Jonathan Byers on “Stranger Things”, and a little girl who defiantly believes in Santa no matter what. They go on an adventure to make sure Santa delivers his presents on time, and Santa gets arrested along the way. It’s more funny than it sounds. Anyways, the sequel to this movie was hopelessly lackluster. The only good part about it was when the little girl’s soon to be stepbrother whacks some rebellious kitty elves with a large lollipop in Santa’s village. That’s it. The original was amazing, the sequel was a waste of an hour and 30 minutes.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I just watched Wolf Walkers on Apple TV+ and can say it's an amazing film. Everything about it is beautiful from the art style, the story, and its soundtrack. I'd love to own a physical copy if they ever release it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Saw Wonder Woman 1984. No spoilers.

It felt like a very average film. Think Thor: The Dark World or Iron Man 3 but with way more inconsistency. There was a lot of boring dramatic dialogue that I actually think would work really well as a book but even there, there were plot points and elements that made no sense or appeared out of nowhere. In some ways, it feels like Wonder Woman Fanservice: The Movie. Like there is a lot of fanservice for those hardcore Wonder Woman fans like mentionings of obscure villains, the Wonder Woman costume from Kingdom Come, or even Cheetah and Maxwell Lord themselves feel like they were there for the sake of fanservice. Cheetah for example, I think Patty Jenkins wanted her in the film for the sake of giving Wonder Woman an epic final battle that you see in so many superhero films. There is also how they portray Cheetah as originally the weak helpless nerd girl and Wonder Woman as the badass woman warrior and how they're roles change over time around gaining and losing something but I think even that idea wasn't shown off properly. Maxwell Lord is the same too. In the comics, he's like the "Doomsday" or "Bane" of Wonder Woman in the sense that he challenges and succesfully breaks Wonder Woman's ideals that you wonder how will Wonder Woman progress from here. Here, he's used in an entirely different role which is actually interesting but the execution feels very sloppy that the movie starts to feel more like a drama at times than a superhero flick.

However the thing is. I actually kind of like the ideas that Patty Jenkins was going with here. There's a lot of interesting and neat ideas in this movie, including Cheetah and Maxwell Lord themselves. It's just that they are poorly executed, misplaced, or feel like they needed more time to flesh out the ideas or that as great as the idea itself seems, it felt unnecessary to be in the film. There is huge lack of focus on this movie. In fact, I would best describe the movie's writing and plot as a first rough draft. I felt there could've been a good movie underneath the lack of focus, that this movie feels so unpolished that it needed way more time to properly flesh out the ideas. Not just problems from the script as it may appear but there also appeared to be problems from the director, and maybe the producer. Like the camera angles, the green-screen here, the action felt like it also needed more polish, and how it feels like the movie cut out scenes. Especially the camera angles, it is so obvious near the end of the film.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wonder Woman 1984
Actually went to the theater to see this cause me and my girlfriend haven't gotten to have a proper date in almost a year now so we decided why not? Getting to do that really helped with the depression I'd been feeling lately

It was okay... it's one of those movies which aren't as good as the first one. There's one part in particular that I hated and I'm not sure if that can actually be discussed here but if you've seen it, you know what scene I'm talking about... :rolleyes:
It should have just been Steve Trevor, no 'possessing'

Pedro Pascal was amazing, no complaints there!
Hopefully Wonder Woman 3 can be modern day though, we've already seen her in the present. Plus getting to potentially see Shazam, Batman, or whoever is playing Superman now show up to assist would be awesome!

Still hyped for Shazam and Batman(Especially since Batman Beyond could most likely be happening now with Keaton returning! :D )

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Wonder Woman 1984
Actually went to the theater to see this cause me and my girlfriend haven't gotten to have a proper date in almost a year now so we decided why not? Getting to do that really helped with the depression I'd been feeling lately

It was okay... it's one of those movies which aren't as good as the first one. There's one part in particular that I hated and I'm not sure if that can actually be discussed here but if you've seen it, you know what scene I'm talking about... :rolleyes:
It should have just been Steve Trevor, no 'possessing'

Pedro Pascal was amazing, no complaints there!
Hopefully Wonder Woman 3 can be modern day though, we've already seen her in the present. Plus getting to potentially see Shazam, Batman, or whoever is playing Superman now show up to assist would be awesome!

Still hyped for Shazam and Batman(Especially since Batman Beyond could most likely be happening now with Keaton returning! :D )
Oh cool the theaters in ur country r opened? I missed being in one.... =[
Anyway, I watched the movie Split today. Nice and scary movie

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just rewatched Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Still love it. 8/10

JayZz

Incendies 7.5/10
Pretty tough watch, but good story and performances. Oh and great twist at the end. Really good film from Denis Villeneuve.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Star Wars Ep. II & III.

II is too slow, & it looks very 90's.

III isn't bad.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I watched Akira last night. Having heard so much praise for it, how it effectively paved the way for Anime in the West and franchises like Pokemon and Dragon Ball, how almost all Anime and Manga (and a good portion of Western fiction) from the last three decades takes at least partial inspiration from this one movie, I thought I should at least give it a shot, and......it was OK.
The visuals, aesthetics and animation are absolutely beautiful, I'm not really a cyberpunk fan but I really liked Akira's visual style. The soundtrack is also great, I especially liked the song that plays during the end credits. However the plot was actually really hard for me to follow in places, I didn't completely understand what was going on a good chunk of the time, many characters don't get proper introductions, and I even struggled to tell some characters apart at points, like a large stretch of the movie where Kaneda and Kei are wearing matching orange jumpsuits and look exactly the same as one another so I couldn't tell who was who when they weren't talking. I got the feeling while watching the movie that you need to read the Manga first for full context, which I haven't.
Despite those hang-ups, Akira is not a bad movie at all, I still enjoyed it a lot. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Last edited: