• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Yesterday I watched the fourth Godzilla movie, Mothra vs. Godzilla on HBO Max. It is the tenth Godzilla movie I have watched.

SummerHaze

Brawl In Cell Block 99 - 9/10
I like vince Vaughn as an actor, and to see him play a part that isn’t comic is quite strange..but man, it’s brutal but real good. Recommend.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Well made, but heavily padded, & ultimately kinda dull. Not much of a plot; just a collection of episodes. Left me wondering where they’d stop; it’s been awhile since I saw this. Still, they worked in the joke about Bilbo’s ancestor inventing golf, so that was cool.

The Princess’ Diaries - A shy 15-year-old finds out her late father was prince of a small European country, & the country will be dissolved if she doesn’t take his place. Funny family stuff from the guy who created Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Last two movies I watched was The Muppets (2011) and its sequel Muppets: Most Wanted.

Both were enjoyable films with lots of great musical performances, references to their past projects, and overall enjoyable story. I did enjoy figuring out who the celebrity guests were because if you blink you miss them.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just watched Matewan. It's a timely movie. So much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Host - a South Korean monster movie from 2006. A mutant fish monster appears in the Han river, eats people and abducts a little girl, and the girl's family try to rescue her while avoiding capture by the government and military who are covering up the situation. I didn't think much of it to be honest, the main characters were all decent enough, their quirks, personalities and motivations were all well-defined, but the plot moves very slowly in places, the CG on the monster hasn't aged well, and the sub-plot of the government forcing quarantine on the public due to a virus scare hit a little bit too close to home for me (but the plot twist that the government and military were lying about the existence of a deadly virus did make me chuckle). Not a bad movie at all, but probably not something I'll watch again in a hurry. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Rust and Bone - a French romantic drama from 2012, not usually the kind of thing I watch, but it stars my favourite actress Marion Cotillard, so I wanted to watch it. Cotillard plays an orca trainer at a sea park whose legs are bitten off by one of the orcas, she slips into a deep depression, but contacts a guy who gave her his number before the accident, and he supports her in her recovery. It's a really sweet story about recovering from severe trauma and living with a disability, and Marion Cotillard is a joy to watch.
The only problem is everything I've just mentioned is only a sub-plot. The guy who supports the orca trainer through her recovery is the actual main character of the movie. He's a down-on-his-luck single father who gets into shady underground boxing, and he always ignores, neglects and even sometimes beats his five-year-old son, until he learns to be a good dad after his son almost dies due to his negligence. The main plot is nowhere near as interesting as the sub-plot, and actually makes the movie less enjoyable. There's just something about "Traumatised amputee learning to pick herself up after a life-changing accident and overcome the struggles of disability" that doesn't gel very well with "Unlikeable asshole neglects his kid so he can punch people". I give it a 6 out of 10.

The Transformers: The Movie - the original animated movie from 1986. I've been a big Transformers fan for most of my life, and this movie is one of the most well-beloved things among the Transformers fandom. Granted it's not very slick, there are a lot of technical and animation errors and the plot is all over the place, but it's still a fun ride with lovely visuals, nicely illustrated set pieces and some good atmospheric lighting, plus the cheesy 80's speed metal soundtrack is always fun to listen to. It's no Lion King, it's no Spirited Away, but is has its own unique charm that always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
Even though I wasn't alive in the 80's, this movie gives me nostalgia for this Transformers fan convention I went to that did a special screening of the movie, and the audience were all quoting the movie's more well-known lines in unison. I've also seen Stan Bush live in concert, and my DVD copy of the movie is signed by both Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, so I've come to associate it with many happy memories. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Anyone saw Snyder's Justice League?

Whether you love it or not, I think everyone who watched it can agree that Cyborg and the villain, Steppenwolf, was a major improvement over the original. Cyborg feels more like a human being, a very important character in the movie whereas Steppenwolf, you actually kind of feel sad for. He's this big hulking horned demon-like alien warlord that comes crashing into Earth but unlike the Joss Whedon version, not only does he have a real strong motivation, I actually kind of feel bad for him. He reminds me a lot of Zuko from Avatar, only more psychopathic.

I don't know about you guys but Steppenwolf might be the best Supervillain I've seen recently in terms of movies, he might be my favorite DCEU villain so far. Snyder's version is the most monstrous looking but he's also the most sympathetic.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Anyone saw Snyder's Justice League?

Whether you love it or not, I think everyone who watched it can agree that Cyborg and the villain, Steppenwolf, was a major improvement over the original. Cyborg feels more like a human being, a very important character in the movie whereas Steppenwolf, you actually kind of feel sad for. He's this big hulking horned demon-like alien warlord that comes crashing into Earth but unlike the Joss Whedon version, not only does he have a real strong motivation, I actually kind of feel bad for him. He reminds me a lot of Zuko from Avatar, only more psychopathic.

I don't know about you guys but Steppenwolf might be the best Supervillain I've seen recently in terms of movies, he might be my favorite DCEU villain so far. Snyder's version is the most monstrous looking but he's also the most sympathetic.
I'm interested in seeing it, we don't have HBO Max in my country. If there's ever a DVD release I'll pick it up. While I still think Zack Snyder is and always has been the wrong person to oversee a DC movie universe, after hearing about everything the poor guy went through behind the scenes, I'm at least happy that he eventually got to make Justice League the way he wanted to make it, so I'd like to watch it for that reason.