• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I rewatched the Hoopa movie and I still think it’s not a bad movie but it did feel rushed near the end.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Saw Candyman (2021) in theaters opening night. It is definitely a mighty fine film with excellent callback to the original. The only real flaw to it is that it starts off pretty slow.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. During the summer my local theatre plays classic movies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cruella was the last movie I saw. I quite enjoyed it. I actually never really saw Cruella being that evil. Just a bit deranged but still not as evil as Roger and the dogs made her out to be. In the original animated movie, she was somewhat polite and pleasant towards the Darlings and was actually going to pay the couple a pretty good hundred dollars or so which back then was quite a bit of money. She would have been doing them a bit of a favor as 17 dogs is a lot to deal with especially when it comes to food and exercise is another issue as they were expected to grow up in a small house with a tiny yard. Yeah the idea of using the puppies to turn them into a coat was extreme but people have done far more insane and questionable things in the name of fashion. Anyone else remember the dress Franc Fernández made for Lady Gaga that was made out of actual meat? Somehow the idea of skinning puppies to make a coat seems less insane than the meat dress.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Detective Pikachu - While it isn't really as funny as I remember it being the first time, I don't like Justice Smith or Ryan Reynolds, and many of the other Pokemon don't get anywhere near enough screen time, I still love immersing myself in this movie and its world. I could watch an entire two hours of just daily life in Rime City, I love the overall design and mood of the setting, especially during night scenes where everything is lit up with beautiful neon, and I think it does what the Michael Keaton Batman movies manage to do with Gotham, make the city setting feel like its own character. This is one of a selection of movies I like to stick on during low days when my mental health isn't doing that great. 7 out of 10.

The Gorgon - a Hammer horror movie from the 60's starring Christopher Lee, Patrick Troughton and Peter Cushing. A remote village in 19th centry Europe is plagued by a snake-haired gorgon who turns people to stone, it's kind of like the set-up for your average old vampire, werewolf or Frankenstein movie, but with a Greek mythology monster. The monster itself looks awful, with badly done animatronic snakes among the actress' normal hair, but the movie does try to put some effort in and be inventive, for example the turning to stone taking a while instead of being instant, which leads to some actually unsettling body horror that I did not expect to see in a low-budget British movie made in the 60's. Also Christopher Lee plays an awesome Van Hellsing type character that I wish would've got his own franchise. 6 out of 10.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Cinderella(2021)

Will say it's not as bad as most of the Reviews are saying, But its not that great either. Just kind of Meh.

someone comes out with a new "Cinderella Story" every 2 years or so, so no one will remember this anyway.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cinderella(2021)

Will say it's not as bad as most of the Reviews are saying, But its not that great either. Just kind of Meh.

someone comes out with a new "Cinderella Story" every 2 years or so, so no one will remember this anyway.
Cinderella is just one of those classic stories that will constantly have more movie adaptations of it being made for all eternity. I mean there are at least four different musicals and one modern retelling. Cinderella is the most famous and most loved fairy tale of all time after all. It is sort of like A Christmas Carol and Romeo & Juliet where someone will always find a way to make a new adaptation of the stories.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Shang-Chi
I loved Abomination's redesign, always hated how he looked in the Hulk film. Him and the Michael Bay Turtles, and 'Doomsday' looked incredibly stupid! I like that he looks how he does in the comics

SummerHaze

Copshop - 7/10
Liked this a lot (but could have been better), Gerard Butler plays hard man Gerard Butler, good supporting cast and the lead cop is great in it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cinderella(2021)

Lol never heard of the 2021 version and just googled it. It looks awful.
She doesnt look like the original Cinderella at all and they made it look more modern and musical wtf? Why ruin good stuff

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Lol never heard of the 2021 version and just googled it. It looks awful.
She doesnt look like the original Cinderella at all and they made it look more modern and musical wtf? Why ruin good stuff
Hillary Duff did a modern retelling of Cinderella that turned out well.

JayZz

Stripes (UHD extended edition) 7/10
Bloody good classic comedy. Ramis and Murray work so well together in this pre-Ghostbusters army spoof.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've been binging the MCU movies as of late
Just finished watching Endgame and still think Thanos is a complete psychopathic idiot. There's no 'balance' in slaughtering an entire race of trolls, you left ONE alive and it was a guy, you just doomed the species! Plants and animals count too so you're not saving anyone, same resource to people ratio! And we're to believe this asshole comes out of nowhere and beats up both Hulk and Thor(who was recently power buffed)? Yeah I don't think so.... he's the worst villain in the MCU after the Flagsmashers. Killing Loki sure doesn't do any favors, just makes me hate the trash heap of a villain even more. At least you could see where Ultron was coming from, he wasn't wrong there will never be peace among humans this entire pandemic is proof.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Aladdin & the King of Thieves. Had this film on vhs and missed watching it.