• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just saw Fiddler on the Roof. It's such a good movie. It surprised me to be honest. It gets an 8/10.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The new My Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission was great. I wish we had gotten the english dub though instead of Japan voices.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So I watched what was called.. Love Hard? I thought my girlfriend would like it, but she didn't.. xD Was kinda boring and very predictable.

I disliked how the movie was portraying men as douchebags and.. well.. not much else really. Here's a list with descriptions of the male characters:
- Several 'bad dates'.
- The Sly corporate manager sleazeball
- The Catfisher (with a heart of gold, but low selfesteem, but does that redeem catfishing? The movie thinks so, modern day audiences don't).
- The Smalltown Junkie.
- The Jock that really isn't too bad, but from the MC-perspective loves everything she doesn't like being an outdoors person, his taste in books and eating meat. Catfisher also dumps on him.
- The older brother that feels the need to let everything revolve around him.
- The father that doesn't acknowledge his son until he has done something hypermasculine (like scoring a hot girlfriend).
- Grandpa's dead, but was a caring figure for Catfisher.

See how this movie goes out of its way to hate on men? Yes, some of them give Catfisher a hug when he ends up sad, but that's about the extent of it.

Also, it hates on a certain Christmas song for being 'rapey' and mysogynistic, but is forgiving of catfishing.. How's that not a bit hypocritical.

So yeah, I don't see how men would like this movie since normal men aren't represented at all - and I don't see how women like this movie as it shows the main lead doing something that modern women are told not to do: 'succumb to the male's pleasentries'. It's basically that Christmas song it wants to critique so badly as a song, but is meanwhile the premise of the movie?

Last edited:

NeganTheSavior

Watched the new Home Alone movie on Disney+.

Complete and utter garbage. Not even in a Hallmark movie type of way. The only redeeming factor is that Kevin's older brother Buzz from the original is in it for two minutes.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Ended up watching Blended last night

Just another Adam Sandler Movie. Pretty much could tell what was going to happen most of the time.

Terry Crews showed up more times than expected though, and Shaq for some reason.

Locormus

So Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them (sp): Crimes of Grindelwald (sp) premiered on standard television in my country yesterday. I watched it.. and didn't at the same time.

I mean the entire movie can be summed up as: Everybody needs to find Credence, Lestrange, Hey I remember this theme, oh look it's Hogwarts, Lestrange, Catmonster and Grindelwald tries a Hitler in Paris, Lestrange is kinda hot. Also, blue fire dragons and Dumbledore was as shady then as he was then!

I'm actually going to read a plot-synopsis now to check if I missed anything important.

*Edit: Also watched bits of the Lion King with my daughter.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Went to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife last weekend. It's a must see film for any Ghostbusters fan or anyone that likes a good horror/action movie.
It's a good send-off film. But i don't like the fact that Slimer was not in it. He was replaced by a generic eating ghost called Muncher.

My rating is a solid 8/10 (Since most of the new Ghostbusters are pre-teens)

Last edited:

SummerHaze

The Platform (french film). Pretty good film. The story-line was good. It will be abit creepy if they did this in real life.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Arctic. It was really good, suspenseful and emotional! It had a good ending but at the same time, was still sad.

Locormus

I watched the first two Raimi/TobeyMaguire SpiderMan movies at home to catch up on GreenGoblin and DocOck's storylines. Then I went across the border (my country is currently in a lockdown with closed theaters) the next day into Belgium and watched SpiderMan: NoWayHome.

Worth it.

Pokefan_1987

Spider-Man: No Way Home. I was correct, Green Goblin got the biggest villain role out of all of them.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Godzilla vs Kong - after months of putting it off, I finally watched it last night, and it was...fine I guess? I wasn't really invested in the plot or characters all that much and it did get a bit boring at times, but it wasn't long or tedious. I would've liked to see Mothra, Rodan and at least a few other Titans from Godzilla: King of the Monsters return, but it's a case of where they could be fitted in so I get why they're not there. It's definitely better than the previous two Godzilla movies, but not as good as Kong: Skull Island. 6 out of 10.

Locormus

I watched Between Two Ferns: The Movie. I liked the skits on Youtube, but there's honestly no reason to watch this movie after you've sifted through those.

Spider-Man: No Way Home. I was correct, Green Goblin got the biggest villain role out of all of them.

Wasn't a hard gamble to make. Without spoiling anything, the Green Goblin - in pretty much every medium (Maguire/Garfield/Cartoon) - has the closest connection to Peter Parker as a villain - as Harry Osborn has always been there in most of these shows as his best friend (and Norman as the father). In absence of an Osborn in the MCU, it would still make sense that it would somehow be the same in NWH when he'd show up in Holland's narrative since that's how the core of that character works. Green Goblin hits Spiderman personally, far more so then villains like Vulture, Mysterio or Doc Ock generally do.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I saw a couple movies over the past couple weeks, but mostly I've been catching up on other series that I've been watching (season 6 of The Expanse is amazing, and I would enthusiastically recommend the series to anyone and everyone).

This movie was actually fantastic, and probably finds a place among my top 10 movies of all time. I had actually first heard of this movie a few years ago when I happened upon a viral YouTube video that made the bold claim that Snowpiercer is a de facto sequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Having actually seen the movie, I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that that isn't the case, but instead perhaps it's a subtle parody. While Willy Wonka paints us a colourful, imaginative tale full of the wonders of capitalism and the amazing inventions that a secretive corporation with total control over its workers can supposedly bring us, Snowpiercer brings a darker, more disturbing outlook on the subject. Whereas in Willy Wonka unsupervised capitalism has created a wonderful candy factory full of amazing things that boggle the imagination, in Snowpiercer it has plunged the world into a new ice age where the few survivors live in a brutal, inhumane, class-based society where the few lucky ones who find themselves in the upper castes enjoy privileges that those living underneath them can scarcely imagine. A rather on-the-nose parable for modern life, really.

The cinematography is also very beautiful. Brutal fight scenes have an almost dance-like choreography to them. All in all a surprisingly enjoyable movie to watch, and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates dark apocalyptic/dystopian movies.

The Rainmaker is a great book in my opinion, written by John Grisham, who wrote the book another one of my favorite movies was based on (A Time To Kill). In addition, the movie adaption was made by Francis Ford Coppola, who made one of my favorite movie adaptions of all time, The Outsiders. So by all rights, I should have loved this movie, and I can't really put my finger on why I didn't.

Maybe it was because it was too short and it cut out and watered down a lot of the details that the book used to provide more context and meaning to the events of the story. Maybe it's because it focused too much on the main character as a person instead of, as the book did, the tumultuous moral and legal battlefield he found himself immersed in. Maybe it was just that the performances given by the actors couldn't hold up to the performances given in those other movies, but I simply didn't overly love this movie. It was alright, it was a decent way to kill a couple hours, but I don't feel like I can say it really did the book justice.