• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
The Lone Ranger. It was a good movie by Disney. They also add some funny moments. 8/10.

telivisionhead

The Lone Ranger. It was a good movie by Disney. They also add some funny moments. 8/10.

Good because I am hoping to go and see it. My local newspaper said it is 1/5 but I can show them all the ratings that others think and prove the newspaper wrong :D

Spy Kids 2: Island of Dreams
Eh nice movie. i liked it 7/10

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Despicable Me 2

I like the first one because it had a bit of original flair to it. This one didn't really have that original flair, but I still liked it. Didn't really have the best movie experience (some kid kept pushing my seat), and I didn't laugh as much as I did in the first one if only because I swear they exploited the Minions a bit too much here, and it was a bit predictable at times, but like the first one, anything they did came full circle or at least used by the end, so that made up for everything. Gru is still great as always, the girls, what little screentime they actually had (wasn't as much as it was in the first movie) was still enjoyable, and Lucy was actually pretty charming, she wasn't annoying.

So yeah. It's cute, easily rewatchable to kill some time, but it fell a little flat on the heartwarming side, which was the heart of the first film.

Also holy crap at the alcohol jokes in this film.

SpoinkyPearl

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

This was the third Marilyn Monroe film I've watched (the other two being Monkey Business and Seven Years Itch) and it was pretty good - well, at least for an old musical. Monroe and Jane Russell were very good but I've would like to see more musical numbers. The ending was rather typical and there were also usual plot twists including lost items and false identities. But I liked the film anyway and it was fun to see all the old clothes and stuff.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I just watched Man of Steel. I must say, although there were a lot of Kansas stereotypes in there, such as the small town with old farm houses and nothing but fields as far as the eye can see, it was a good movie. I also liked that the Royals made it into the movie.

Despicable Me 2

I will start off by saying if you have kids or younger siblings, take them to this. The kids in my theater responded very favorably to the Minions and other jokes in this film. Having said that, to me, it was mostly a movie aimed at kids. I know you could say that about many animated movies but I feel like gems like Toy Story 3 for example could be just as much for adults as they are for kids and because of that, DM2 was merely okay. It's probably a 7.5/10 for me.

Pros: Gru and his relationship and care he has with his daughters is great as usual, the new character Lucy is a fun new edition and reminds me of a human Dory from Finding Nemo in parts, there's this hilarious subplot with a boy that Margo meets where Gru has to be an overprotective dad, which is adorable. There is also a subplot with the youngest daughter preparing a speech which is adorable and all the scenes involving her wanting a mom are adorable. The ending scene before the credits is wonderful.

Cons: Many of the jokes fall flat for me, too much slapstick, Minions take up a lot of screen time and I may be in the minority but I would have wanted to see more of the humans, the final battle is over so quickly and the final battle is not very interesting.

DjangoCribbs

World War Z. I'd say as a general film it's a 6 or 7 out of 10. Pretty damn good, though one or two "Hollywood" scenes let it down. As a zombie movie it's easily an 8. And as blockbusters go, it's the best film you'll see this summer. Damn bold film, highly recommended.

DjangoCribbs

I dunno. Trailer looks good, looks funny. But it also feels gimmicky. I'm worried that it might be a very one dimensional film and we've already seen all the best bits.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
My only concern is that it won't work as a film. Partridge is fine in 25 minute tv episodes that feel low budget and have that sense of him being something bigger than he is, but I don't know the polished film version will come across. But Coogan, Iannucci & Baynham have been involved in writing, so I'm confident they'll stay true to Alan as a character.

DjangoCribbs

My only concern is that it won't work as a film. Partridge is fine in 25 minute tv episodes that feel low budget and have that sense of him being something bigger than he is, but I don't know the polished film version will come across. But Coogan, Iannucci & Baynham have been involved in writing, so I'm confident they'll stay true to Alan as a character.

Basically, yeah. Will it bear up for feature length? Not so sure. But Iannucci in particular is next level talented so we shall see.

Spookz

Lumos
Antz.

I never saw this as a kid, so I watched it last night out of curiosity. Not really great, not really horrible. The story was a bit goofy, but it is a children's movie so that's to be expected. I doubt I'll go out of my way to watch it again though, I couldn't get into it.
Side note: holy crap, computer animation has come a long way since then.