• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

chalkus

Transformers 4. Pretty much what I expected from it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Fast and Furious 6..

Yeah.. They had a tank..

SmartD

Today I watched the movie Cat's Don't Dance. It was a good movie.

Ketaru

Re-watched Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Definitely appreciate it much more now than I did back when. And I'm going to hop on board with the fan theory that those annoying gargoyles are just a figment of Quasimodo's imagination. Sight gag here and there notwithstanding, the movie definitely lends to that interpretation. It actually adds a very sad edge to the movie at times. Like during that celebratory, obligatory Disney sidekick song with colorful whimsy everywhere. Then Esmeralda enters the room, and all she sees is dusty trash arranged in a semi-decorative manner.

Ketaru

Just finished 5 Centimeters per Second. It's been a very long time since I've seen an anime movie. Rather liked it, and I don't often like "slice-of-life" kinds of movies. It also somewhat reminded me of (500) Days of Summer. Much sweeter and thoughtful, though not as fun.

I must be getting cynical though. Every so often, I was taken out of the movie when I was like, "Oh, a product placement!"

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Noah

Weird, great storyline but some of the scenes were completely screwed. Never would have guessed Fallen Angels were massive talking rocks.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I absolutely loved it. It was just as good as the first one, if not better. The special effects are stunning, the apes look extremely lifelike and so well-done. Caesar and Koba we more fleshed out this time, and the rift between them was heartrending. The ending was a bit sad, but deserved. Overall an amazing movie, the best of 2014 so far after How to Train Your Dragon.

Navin

MALDREAD
Posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

Just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Intense, thrilling, and entertaining sequel to the great 2011 reboot with some key underlying meaning behind it. It's amazing how well motion capture technology has advanced in showing these all-too realistic apes. Andy Serkis honestly deserves an Oscar nomination or some type of award for his work. The apes were awesome in this film. Caesar/Koba were fantastic.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

Just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Intense, thrilling, and entertaining sequel to the great 2011 reboot with some key underlying meaning behind it. It's amazing how well motion capture technology has advanced in showing these all-too realistic apes. Andy Serkis honestly deserves an Oscar nomination or some type of award for his work. The apes were awesome in this film. Caesar/Koba were fantastic.
I finally saw Days of Future Past but this movie I want to, no I have to see before I go off to college this fall. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the hype is real.

Navin

MALDREAD
I finally saw Days of Future Past but this movie I want to, no I have to see before I go off to college this fall. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the hype is real.

Hopefully you watched Rise from 2011, the first movie in this series. I'm glad this film maintains some continuity to that film. (Also you easily can find time to watch movies/visit theater in college).

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Hopefully you watched Rise from 2011, the first movie in this series. I'm glad this film maintains some continuity to that film. (Also you easily can find time to watch movies/visit theater in college).
Yeah I saw Rise. It was a pretty good film and I've heard the sequel is just as good so I'm hyped. Going to see it probably next weekend.