• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Haven't been watching films at all lately, but I saw About a Boy yesterday and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. The soundtrack by Badly Drawn Boy in particular was fantastic, and Hugh Grant had a certain disheveled appeal also.

Huhadude

Banned
Need for Speed
I would rate it 6/10. It was okay but I've seen better.

Psychic

Really and truly
Just watched Animal House on VHS, and it was quite enjoyable. John Belushi was hilarious, and it's just an overall fun movie. Unfortunately, it shares similar issues with Stripes (which I recently saw), such as being too long and not having female characters that live outside of being love interests/eye candy.

Enjolras

Master of the House
This was a bit ago, but I did watch the new Godzilla movie. It was good enough, acting was decent and special effects were great.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Appleseed Alpha

Dad bought the movie today when my parents were out grocery shopping, since he knew I own the Appleseed movies. I actually didn't know the movie had come out to the States, I thought we weren't getting it for a while. Well, I still prefer Ex Machina as my favorite Appleseed movie because honestly the story lacked in this one, some of the secondary characters were "meh", and the action was alright, but this one was still good. Two Horns was a fun character, probably the best character of the film even though I still enjoy Deunan and Briareos because they're my favorite battle couple. The CGI was a little odd, though. Felt like I was watching a 90-minute video game cut-scene, it was almost awkward at times. Ex Machina had better CGI/animation on top of being more enjoyable.

Still, it's something for Appleseed fans to check out. Seems like it's a reboot of sorts (heard Appleseed XIII wasn't well-received), so there could be more on the way in up-coming years. I hope there is, I do enjoy the franchise, I'm glad I got around to it.

SmartD

I saw Earth to Echo today. It was a neat movie.

Drummerdude

Guardians of the Galaxy. This is the movie of the summer! Hilarious and action-filled all the way through. It's been years since I saw a movie multiple times in theaters, but GotG may be the exception.

phanpycross

God-king
Yeah, I watched GOTG too, prolly the best marvel movie, heartfelt, funny, epic, and with some of the best FX's you will see in any movie.

10/10

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Just literally saw the Lego Movie.

Honestly, I think it was pretty overhyped, and I just found it okay. It was funny at times, and it had some nice ideas. How they showed the environments being made out of Lego was also pretty cool. But I felt like the characters never quite lived up to their potential and just were a little flat, even though they could've been interesting if they just got a little more time to develop. The plot was pretty stereotypical, and wasn't quite clever enough to be a parody nor possessed the depth needed to be a good take on those cliches most of the time. I never really laughed out loud, either - the humour tended to be a little sparce. The message was delivered well, though.

I've got mixed feelings on the whole 'real world' thing. On the one hand, I did think it did add another layer onto the moral the story was trying to tell, and it did make sense considering it was Lego, and so was integrated pretty well into the story. On the other hand, it took me out of the world a little bit, and I don't think it would have really mattered too much if those scenes weren't there, particularly because I would've rather had more character development for the characters that were already there.

Overall, I'd give this a 5/10. Most people love it, I merely find it 'okay'. I didn't really find anything about it that bad, but there's nothing in particular I find very good about the movie as well.

Last edited:

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Last two movies i saw:

Guardians of the Galaxy- story B-, visuals-A+, and i found the comic relief to be quite decent.

Lucy- story-B+, visuals-A-, comic relief was ok considering the type of movie it was.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Watched This Is Spinal Tap during dinner. God ****ing damn it, I forgot so much about this movie. I love the scene where Nigel is composing the beautiful piano piece that he says is like a cross between Mozart and Bach (he calls it "Mach") and then reveals that the song is called "Lick My Love Pump". 7.5/10

Psychic

Really and truly
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy...twice this week. Still excellent the second time - would highly recommend.

I also recently rewatched I Love You, Phillip Morris, and it was very enjoyable. Ewan McGregor is pretty adorable, and Jim Carrey is really fun to watch.