• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ice Age: Collision Course

What an insipid sequel. Just let the franchise die, Blue Sky, stop making sequels to be released to theaters. But if you want to keep making sequels (and apparently they're saying they have ideas for another one), then just make them direct-to-video releases. It'll be less embarrassing while you focus on making actual movies that you're good at making.

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
Last movie I saw was Ip Man, I was just expecting it to be another 'weak-plot-as-an-excuse-for-karate' action movie but I was absolutely wrong! It was a great movie and I'm definitely going to be watching the sequels, I just pray that they aren't a flop as so many sequels to good films are.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Batman The Killing Joke
I forgot this was even coming out. I loved it, everything about it was perfect.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Batman: The Killing Joke

This movie has received mixed opinions, so this is my opinion.

The parts people say were bad were parts I saw as flawed and came out shoddy. For example, people say that the first movie was bad, but I thought it was at least good enough that I don't loose interest. I can't say much more about this part without going into details.

The biggest problem with the first part is that while it wasn't that great itself, this part was very loosely connected to the second part with the Joker.

Speaking of which, there were some parts of the movie I would like to praise.
- The Joker's past (shown in paled flashbacks) brought a lot of humanizing characters not to the Joker, but to the movie and the people who watch it.
- There were a few times were the timing in the movie worked well. Sometimes, its scenes that alluded to the Joker's past. Other times, there would be sudden events that changed the situation.
- I might as well say it on this bullet point, the voice acting is great.

Overall, I would probably give the movie, a 6.25/10. I think above all else, the movies format should have been improvised as to not lose focus. I think if the movie focused on one story, and worked more on that, this movie would have been a lot better. I would call this movie a missed opportunity. This is not to be confused with Batman v. Superman. Going by reviews (since I haven't seen it myself), BvS was more of a wasted opportunity. The Killing Joke did some things very well, but it just could have been better.

state of grace

Last new movie I saw: Café Society - Woody Allen isn't really my cup of tea, but I watched this simply for Kristen Stewart. Stewart proves to be the highlight of the film as her nuanced and layered performance transcends over the more mundane and seriously miscasted performances from the likes of Steve Carell, Jesse Eisenberg, and Blake Lively. Stewart seriously proves that she truly is one of the greatest actresses of her generation and I'm vying for her to get that Oscar nomination next year for either this or Ang Lee's upcoming film.

Last old movie I saw: Picnic at Hanging Rock - Dreamlike, hazy, and mysterious, this Australian film released in 1975 can really leave the audience pondering, which is reflected by its initial reception. However, its atmosphere isn't a negative personally as it left me absolutely entranced. From the dreamy scenes at the actual picnic that led to the unexplained demise of certain girls, to the actual attempt to unravel this mystery, I truly found myself engrossed in the film.

SmartD

I watched The Boy and the Beast today. I've been wanting to watch ever since I saw the trailer last year. It was neat.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I saw Star Trek Beyond and let me tell you: it was awesome. There was so much cool stuff that happened in it that even the most stalwart TNG fan like Serebii won't be able to help but crack a smile. The characters were perfect, and everything was dialed back to where it needed to be after Into Darkness, which on rewatch isn't really a rich movie like the eleventh and thirteenth.

Cutty

Forever now
Before I Wake. What a sweet horror movie, especially the ending. It's good actually.
Star Trek: Beyond. Despite the plot holes it's pretty entertaining, effects, actions and whatnot. It's just, maybe different director has different vision. It kinda lacks the essence of a fantasy Sci-Fi film.
Jason Bourne. This one is a bit redundant. #RIP the series.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I watched The Purge: Election Year with my best friend on the weekend. The film was decent, tho not as good as the second installment and just on par with the first. ^^

Resolute

ribombee is my dawg
Watched the new Ghostbusters with a couple of friends over the weekend. I really enjoyed it! I thought the characters were well fleshed out and that the humor was great. I give it a 10/10. :D

jabber2033

Ice Age: Collision Course.

Not as funny as the previous ones, but I still giggled at parts. 5/10 overall. And it was weird since there were all of a half-dozen people in that theater. Of course it was 7pm on a Monday night so that might have something to do with it.

Jinjer

suicide squad

agreed with the boyfriend that the joker/batman stuff should've been a different movie of its own would've worked better as secret cameos

Colt45

Cobalt
Sausage Party - I wish it were as brainless and removed from reality as I thought it was going to be. Instead, we have every food item a stereotype of a real group of people. I like movies/books/shows/video games that forge their own path. It didn't really feel like I was in a wacky world of anthropomorphic groceries with a doomed destiny. It felt like a thinly veiled analogy for our own world. Not my kind of thing.