• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Black Panther
It was good, but it wasn't "10/10 best movie eva!" like people won't stop going on about. It had some flaws just like every other Marvel movie, none are perfect.... I give it a 8. They killed Klaw far too early in the franchise, shoulda died in the second movie or finale of the trilogy. M'Baku and Shuri were cool, but they're kidding themselves if they say Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark or even Reed Richards whenever he shows. Hell Reed DESERVES the title of world's smartest after the last abomination of a F4 movie!
Killmonger was cool but again... following tradition of most Marvel movie villains.... least they can't kill Doom and Magneto off in their first outings :/

And where the **** is the soul stone?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Forgot to post this yesterday, but I watched Mrs. Doubtfire for the first time. That was hilarious, I loved every single moment of it. Definitely has the best make-up I've ever seen in film, that was amazing they could pull it off so easily and it rightfully won that Oscar for it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Last Jedi. I really need to keep track of these movies

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Spiderman Homeocming. Nah it wasn't really amazing. Good-ish. My main problem is that Pete's love interest is some random girl( new character) instead of choosing girl from comics. She shouldn't be overdone MJ or Gwen, but there are handful to choose from, just google: Peter Parker's love interests; he's got like 10 "ordinary" girls.Instead they decided to take a whole new other character.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Who killed Captain Alex?

The notion of so bad it's good does not do it justice.

An essentially non budget movie shot and edited in a poor rundown village in Uganda that was never meant to be seen by anyone outside the village, you gotta some credit.

Sure it's awful but they clearly had fun with it.

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Wow! Has it been this long since I watched a movie?! XDDD I shouldn't be so much on the computer! oO
Okay, okay, let me recall the last time I watched a movie. >->
*thinking*
*looks on the shelf*
Oh... Um... This uh... may be a bit embarrassing, but I now recall watching the animated movie Beauty and the Beast last. o_o
I think I just missed seeing something that is beautifully hand-drawn on display. *sweat* I must say though that even after all these years does it still look astonishing. =D

It's okay if you'll make fun about me having watched that movie lately, but I just missed seeing something like this, you know? ^^

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Scooby Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold

It was a great movie!
I love how different it was from the classic Batman/Scooby-Doo specials where "Oh, it's Joker and Penguin!" every time... Riddler was the main villain!
It was a hilarious movie and it was nice to see the Brave and the Bold characters again. I really hope they make a sequel to this and no more stupid WWE specials or another KISS special... those were all terrible.
10/10

M.P.

Retired
I watched the Planet of the Apes trilogy recently. All three films were really great, way better than the terrible 2001 film I watched couple of years ago.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
last movie I saw was Phantom of the Paradise. A pretty good pseudo-rock-opera hamstrung mainly by two things:
1. Age. Jokes about the evils of capitalism and psychotic record producers (in the wake of Phil Spector killing that woman), among a few other things, haven't aged particularly well into 2018 as the world is getting provably worse, and more and more reports about horrible people in the entertainment industry come out; and
2. Really didn't need to see a bloodied, burned William Finley flailing, weeping, and eventually tumbling into the East River. You can do horror without blood, actually, folks.

Other than that, though? Pretty good. Finley's outfit and mask as the Phantom (see avatar) are genuinely pretty good, and even the fact that the mask is ill-fitted (probably to cover up the makeup for the facial disfiguration at least in a couple of scenes) tends to work out pretty well, since it usually makes him look menacing when he's supposed to look menacing, and weak when the film wants you to think he's a victim. Music's pretty good, too; Jessica Harper in particular is an excellent singer. Overall, probably like an 8/10 or something.

M.P.

Retired
I watched the first two Transformer movies. The first film was quite okay, but the second one was too long and had too many random fight/explosion scenes to my liking.

Going to watch the third one one on weekend.

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
I went to see Every Day with some friends, going into it completely blind, and hoo boy, way to waste an interesting premise on bland direction and sanitised YA storytelling. It was an okay film, and there are some good scenes in there, particularly with the family interactions and all the different actors that play one of the main characters, but there are so many little moments that ruin the story. The idea that a person is born into another person's body every day is downplayed here, as it doesn't go into how disturbing it would be to have someone take over your body for a day against your will, and how much power it would give them to ruin your life. Plus, everything about the film looks too clean and has the stench of teen movie cheese with its montage scenes and the millennial pop music they put in nearly every damn scene.

If it wasn't for the ending, which does nothing to tie up loose ends and just stops instead of ends, it would be a decent film, but after sitting on it, all I can say is that it's mediocre at best. 5/10.

I went to see Ready Player One today.

The book was better, in my opinion. There were a lot of changes, and while there most certainly weren't as many as in the Percy Jackson films, and I wouldn't say any of them were as serious as that, I could imagine a fan of the book to get quite annoyed by some of them. If you didn't read the book, though, or at least didn't compare the two constantly, I'd say it was a decent enough film. The story still made sense, a good few of the scenes were fun to watch, and I found myself thinking Wade was so much more likeable than in the book.

Aside from that, I don't have much to say. As a book adaptation, it wasn't the best film I've seen. But on the other hand, I've seen much worse.

Yesterday I watched a movie I had bought the day before. The movie I watched was The Expendables 3. I found it to be good, but not as good as the first two Expendables movies.

M.P.

Retired
Just watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It was quite decent, better than the Revenge of the Fallen.

Last edited: