• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Saw Angry Birds 2, Scary Stories to tell in the Dark and 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.

Angry Birds 2, you won't get some awesome plot, in fact it kind of feels like it was trying to ride off of the Detective Pikachu hype with a particular song that just doesn't fit but it's a pretty funny movie, like Cartoon Network funny if that makes any sense.

Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark, this is a great start for kids to watch their first horror movie BUT when I say kids, I don't mean elementary kids lol. I mean like middle school kids, like maybe 11 or 12 and up.

47 Meters Down: Uncaged, so this is a pretty good shark film but keyword there. This is a pretty good SHARK film and I definitely recommend anyone who loves a good Shark film and the setup is actually pretty interesting as it deals with claustrophobia deep underwater in a caved-in temple full of tombs. Now as a film by itself, it's alright.

SummerHaze

Crawl (2019) - 7/10

Predictable and clear in where it got its inspiration from, but enjoyably entertaining nonetheless.

It has a few good moments which make you jump and a semi-realistic storm depiction which, although doesn’t quite add to the tension, like the alligators, it does keep up the impending threat. The story and acting are ok and the ending sort of fizzles out, but it achieves what it sets out to do in a good way.

SummerHaze

Sorry to Bother You

Fun, just a plain fun movie. Dark, weird, crazy and above all fun.
Quite hard to explain. But a down on his luck bloke, finds his calling at a tele-marketing company. Que white voices, horses, and Danny Glover.

Strong 8/10 from me.

Missingno.Fan

The Dark Crystal (1982): it reminded me of Avatar in a sense the environments were amazing, but the story and characters were kind of bland.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I saw Scary Stories to tell in the Dark last night, I mainly wanted to see it because it's directed by André Øvredal, who directed my favourite horror film Troll Hunter. While Scary Stories is nowhere near as good as Troll Hunter I still enjoyed it just fine. It's mostly a standard paint-by-numbers horror film full of tropes and clichés, but it does have a few great moments (basically whenever one of the monsters appears) and effective scares with good build-up and tension, and even though the characters are ones you've seen a thousand times before (the nerdy girl, the goofy comic relief, the weirdly psychotic bully) I still ended up liking most of them. I think this might have worked better as an anthology film with each monster scene being its own little self-contained story, like the original books, but I'm overall satisfied with it. I'd give it a 6/10.

shoz999

0fd2298f-s.jpg

OH. MY. GOD! THIS MOVIE IS ****ING FANTASTIC! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Already seen it? GO SEE IT AGAIN! I HAVE NEVER EVER FOUND SUCH AN PIECE OF CINEMATIC WORK THIS ****ING ENJOYABLE! AAAAAH! IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD! NO! NO! NO! Not like enjoyable like oh this was a scary movie or enjoyable like I really sympathize with this tragic character's past or like this was a really hilarious movie. NO! ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NO! This is the kind of film that made me feel a REAL JOY that I HAVE NOT FELT IN SO FREAKING LONG! THIS FILM WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR DUMB FACES! IT DID TO MY DUMB FACE! IT WILL DO TO YOU AS WELL! WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPS STILL!? HAHAHA! Seriously though. Go see this film! I promise you won't regret it :D! But hey! If you do regret it at least you'll know that you have a legitimate opinion to be taken seriously if you watched it. I mean none of you can really back-talk me until you actually see it huh? Huh?! HUH!?

Okay, okay, okay. I've calmed down. Go see this movie. This is already my favorite film of 2019. Your not coming here for the overall story. Your coming here for the explosions, mech-action and out-of-this-world action that builds that story. You hear me? You got that? Okay good. Good. Good. AAAAAAAH! IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD OF A MOVIE!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
0fd2298f-s.jpg

OH. MY. GOD! THIS MOVIE IS ****ING FANTASTIC! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Already seen it? GO SEE IT AGAIN! I HAVE NEVER EVER FOUND SUCH AN PIECE OF CINEMATIC WORK THIS ****ING ENJOYABLE! AAAAAH! IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD! NO! NO! NO! Not like enjoyable like oh this was a scary movie or enjoyable like I really sympathize with this tragic character's past or like this was a really hilarious movie. NO! ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NO! This is the kind of film that made me feel a REAL JOY that I HAVE NOT FELT IN SO FREAKING LONG! THIS FILM WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR DUMB FACES! IT DID TO MY DUMB FACE! IT WILL DO TO YOU AS WELL! WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPS STILL!? HAHAHA! Seriously though. Go see this film! I promise you won't regret it :D! But hey! If you do regret it at least you'll know that you have a legitimate opinion to be taken seriously if you watched it. I mean none of you can really back-talk me until you actually see it huh? Huh?! HUH!?

Okay, okay, okay. I've calmed down. Go see this movie. This is already my favorite film of 2019. Your not coming here for the overall story. Your coming here for the explosions, mech-action and out-of-this-world action that builds that story. You hear me? You got that? Okay good. Good. Good. AAAAAAAH! IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD OF A MOVIE!
The style reminds me a bit of TTGL's, and the way you described it for some reason gives me a DBS:Broly feel (that's pretty much how I felt about it, it may not have been flawless, but man did I have an amazing time watching it).
As for the topic: Steven Universe: The movie
It's great, amazing villain, amazing songs (crucial for a musical, of course), amazing animation, and a story that pays great homage to the show, but it feels a bit too self contained and more of a homage to the show than its own thing, and you pretty much need to watch the entire show to fully understand what the movie means

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
0fd2298f-s.jpg

I was almost going to check out this movie until you called my face dumb.

On topic, I watched The Meg again last night because I had a free hour or two, it's by no means a revolutionary masterpiece or anything, but I still liked it just as much as I did when I first saw it at te cinema. I mostly bought the DVD because it had this nice-looking new cover on it, from back when Warner Bros. were bringing out new DVD covers for their monster movies with either dark blue or burnt orange colouration on them to promote Godzilla 2.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
0fd2298f-s.jpg

Lol well I liked some of Trigger’s other works, so I might like this. It appears to have very limited showings in theaters though. It doesn’t seem to be available in my current area.

As for the topic: Steven Universe: The movie
It's great, amazing villain, amazing songs (crucial for a musical, of course), amazing animation, and a story that pays great homage to the show, but it feels a bit too self contained and more of a homage to the show than its own thing, and you pretty much need to watch the entire show to fully understand what the movie means

It was a great movie overall. I thought it was nice that they gave some kind of overview of the series at the beginning and brief overview of backstory for the main characters with the “happily ever after” song. But I agree it’s not enough for those who haven’t seen the show yet to understand all the details.

Does anyone here like Invader Zim? I saw the Enter the Florpus movie and it was pretty hilarious. Usually for the series, I found the episodes to have a decent balance between creepy and funny. But for the movie, I think it was more funny than creepy. Which I don’t mind at all.

I saw Independence Day last night and the CGI wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. Will Smith is still the only actor I liked in that movie though.

shoz999

Saw four movies today.

The first was a Studio Ghibli Film, Arriety. I adore the detail of the house and the garden, inside and out from a smaller perspective. Feels like I'm watching a painting come to life at times.

The second was Rambo: Last Blood and I don't think it's as a bad as critics are saying but I'm not gonna lie, I felt like that 2008's Rambo should've been the ending the series deserves but your going to have a fun time with this movie.

The third was Dreamwork's Abominable and it's absolutely beautiful movie that's a basically one giant road trip across China from mountains, deserts, statues, great rivers etc. The amount of work that was put into China's landscape is so freaking gorgeous that honestly it reminded that GameFreak's own Japanese-inspired regions are lacking some very key features, especially the mountains. Mountains, mountains, mountains, honestly if they ever remake the games from Kanto to Sinnoh again, I hope they redesign the mountains more closer to the ones you find across East Asia.

Finally the fourth film was Ad Astra which is basically one giant manhunt/mystery/frontier movie across space and it is awesome in how it explores both the little and big realistic details that could possibly happen in our own timeline. You really get an idea that something is very wrong here when the main character, Roy, is out to search for his father across several planets at the request of the military and you feel that something much more sinister is at work here that you really have no idea what is going to happen when you see a different variety of characters meeting each other for the first time or even a second time.