• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Totokip

Black Triangle
Rewatched BlacKkKlansman a bit ago for a term paper. Still an extremely enjoyable movie even when you're only half watching it because you're taking notes or typing stuff out.

The last movie I watched in full without any distractions was.. Scream, I think? imo the humor and horror held up decently well overall, and it's still a fun flick to watch.

joombo

The Incredible Hulk.
I've not seen it all yet but so far I'm liking it. The little references thrown in are good.
smile.gif

Leonhart

Imagineer
I watched Goodfellas last night all the way through for the first time. I had seen the last thirty minutes of the movie a long time ago when it aired on AMC, but I finally saw the entire thing and I thought it was really good. Sad and cynical in most parts, but it had great performances and a good soundtrack.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I watched Frozen 2 (never watched the original but got the basis of it). It was good for the most part and the songs were actually okay for Disney creations and I wasn't expecting them tackle a certain history textbook event (if you watched you know what I'm talking about). Overall it was great.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Frozen II.

I really enjoyed the movie. I love Idina Menzel's singing and I would watch it again just to hear her sing. I'd even say that with the exception of "Let It Go" and the reprise of "First Time in Forever", the songs are better than the first movie.

Ranking of songs, in my opinion, in comparison to their counterparts:

1. All Is Found > Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

2. Some Things Never Change > First Time in Forever

3. Into the Unknown >> Love Is an Open Door

4. When I'm Older >= In Summer

5. Lost in the Woods >> Fixer Upper (They're at different points narratively but I think they should be compared given their similar subjects)

6a. (Auditory) Let It Go > Show Yourself (just barely, barely, barely edging it out)

6b. (Visual) Show Yourself > Let It Go

7. First Time in Forever Reprise > Do the Next Right Thing
The movie can basically be summed up as "Watch Elsa do cool things as seen find excuses for her to sing more often"

SummerHaze

1917 last night. Technically well done but it didn't really live up to the hype for me and there were a number of elements and character actions that seemed implausible or just plain wrong.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Saw Downton Abbey recently and really liked it. There's something for everyone in it too. 8/10, A; as a general moviegoer and 11/10, A+; as a Downton Abbey fan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I gave in and watched Frozen 2 yesterday. I was going to wait until it was released on Blu-ray, but I wanted to see if it was as good as the original and last night I had a chance to watch it. I liked it, although it lacked the charm of the first one. This sequel just felt like a hollow cash grab more than a natural follow up.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I gave in and watched Frozen 2 yesterday. I was going to wait until it was released on Blu-ray, but I wanted to see if it was as good as the original and last night I had a chance to watch it. I liked it, although it lacked the charm of the first one. This sequel just felt like a hollow cash grab more than a natural follow up.
Thats Disney sequels for you.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Saw the Monuments Men yesterday and it was pretty good. Had nice acting and good cinematography. 7.5/10, B+

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I watched Weathering With You today. Amazing visuals and music. The story is pretty cool. I remember seeing some people’s comments about the plot being a bit too complex, but I thought it was fine following along. If comparing this movie to Your Name, there were a number of things I liked better in this one. In short, I thought the characters overall were more interesting and certain details were more amusing to me. I feel that this movie could have been more emotionally impactful if there was further explanation and integration of certain backstories.

This is the second anime movie I’ve seen in theatres, the first being Pokémon: I Choose You. I had wanted to see Promare but it didn’t show anywhere in my area. Glad I had the opportunity to see this one.

Personally I thought Frozen II was a great sequel, and I liked it better than the first movie. It developed the main characters further and had a more interesting plot imo. The songs also have more significance towards the characters and story as a collective whole.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Void was on TV a couple of days ago, so I recorded it and have watched the first thirty minutes or so of it, so far it's not too bad. It's a simple enough horror film that's started with a low tone but I can tell it's slowly building up to something. I remember everyone in the horror community getting super-hyped about The Void when it first came out, but not many people talk about it any more.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Parasite. Watched it knowing nothing about the film and came out very impressed by the themes and dark humour. Well worth the hype imo - shout out to my favourite character Ki-Jung's actress Park So-dam. Her performance was excellent.

SummerHaze

Lethal Weapon 4

Really enjoyed watching them all over the last few days. I hope they don't make number 5 as it will most likely be completely awful

joombo

Finally got around to watching Roma on Netflix last night.
Technical rating of 8/10. Enjoyment rating of about 5/10.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
The last movie I saw was the CATS movie. It was hilariously bad.