• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just saw Harriet today. It's a very solid movie that is well acted. 9/10, A-

Leonhart

Imagineer
I re-watched the first three X-Men movies since I was feeling nostalgic about that movie franchise. I have to admit that watching the first one was a chore since it was a lot sillier than I remember it being, but the second one had a better tone and overall story. The third one was sort of in the middle.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I saw the second part of Ma since my mom was watching it from Netflix.

It was effed up.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I saw Birds of Prey. I thought to myself this was just going to be a cash-grab to market in on that Harley Quinn craze but I'm glad I was wrong. It was good, real good. Not like Dark Knight serious good. Like Summer Blockbuster good. Go there expecting a lot of fun action scenes, a decently-told plot and perhaps arguably the first best super femme fatale group movie so far. Kind of weird don't you think. Marvel here is still struggling with the female superhero formula and we got DC over here with Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey.

Also guess what? The film has my favorite version of Batgirl, Cassandra Cain. Well she's not Batgirl in the movie but considering how they went through the effort of looking for a half-Asian, half-Filipino actress for the role rather than just a full-Asian actress. The character is actually half-Asian, half-caucasian but still, they made the strong effort when they didn't have to, implying their taking her role a bit more seriously, as in they may have plans for her to actually be in more future films. I have a hunch they have plans for her to be Batgirl. The character could really use the movie adaptation, the uh... comic book writers. They don't really seem to know what to do with her character, maybe the movies could give them a push like what Marvel did for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Dolittle - 2/10
I know Dolittle has been out for a while, but my local cinema has only just started showing it. It's as bad as everyone has said, the plot is inconsistent and moves far too quickly so you can barely process anything. The first thirty or so minutes (the little boy bringing the injured squirrel to Dr. Dolittle and learning about his ability to talk to animals) could have been a full narrative on its own, but it's squished into the very start to get straight to the "We must save the dying Queen Victoria" plot. Most of the jokes aren't very funny either, and a lot of the comic relief CGI animal characters could have been cut out without losing anything. I did like the 2D animated sequence at the start, it was very pretty animation, and really I think the entire film should have been like that.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just saw Scary Stories to tell in the Dark. Pretty good movie, that manages to make a creepy origin story for the stories themselves. 7/10, B+

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pirates of the Caribbean 1-5
Was digging through my movies and cleaning out the ones I didn't want anymore, and noticed those. Decided to just rewatch them all on a whim
I'm glad I did, otherwise I'd have likely donated them. I didn't realize how much I missed Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. I hope they finish that supposed final movie soon

No Birds of Prey, I'm skipping that. Shazam and Aquaman were good but this looks like a major step backwards lol
Watching Sonic twice instead :3

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Last movie I watched was actually Bone Tomahawk (2015) at a friend's place a couple months ago (not a huge movie person honestly, lol). Thought the movie was very... lukewarm at best. The plot was paper-thin and needlessly gory for shock value, and the entire movie felt like a western horror written by someone who hates westerns and horror flicks. The only thing that saved it from utter mediocrity was the cast and their performance. Russell and Jenkins in particular both gave great performances, and that alone almost makes this movie worth watching. Would probably give it a 6/10 purely based on the fact that the actors managed to take this terrible premise of a movie and turn it into something half watchable. Without that factor I'd rate it much lower.

Next movie I'll probably be seeing is Call of the Wild when it comes out in theaters next month. That book was one of my childhood favorites, and my younger brother wants to see it, so I figure I'll take him to see it.

NeganTheSavior

National Lamboon's Vacation. I've heard rumors that Chevy Chase isn't particularly friendly in real life and after seeing this movie, I wouldn't doubt them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just saw Toy Story 4 and it's ok. Liked the characters and parts of the story creeped me out. 7/10, B+ Liked Toy Story 3 more though, since it seemed to have a more cohesive story.

Toy Story ranking: 1, 3, 4 and 2

NeganTheSavior

Just saw Toy Story 4 and it's ok. Liked the characters and parts of the story creeped me out. 7/10, B+ Liked Toy Story 3 more though, since it seemed to have a more cohesive story.

Toy Story ranking: 1, 3, 4 and 2

I really wish they would have stopped at 3. It was the best way to wrap up the series. 4 made that ending seem pointless in hindsight with the direction it went.

SummerHaze

The Peanut Butter Falcon - 7.5 / 10

Really enjoyable feel good movie about a down syndrome young man who escapes a nursing home to pursue his dream of being a WWE wrestler on a Mark Twainesque road trip.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I really wish they would have stopped at 3. It was the best way to wrap up the series. 4 made that ending seem pointless in hindsight with the direction it went.
Yea. Given things.

But I am happy for Woody being able to go off with Bo Peep.

Missingno.Fan

I just got through watching Snow White. I’m doing the challenge where you watch every Disney movie in order. Honestly Snow White herself is kind of boring, but I love the Dwarfs. It was a childhood favorite of mine, so it has a lot of nostalgia.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sonic x2
Saw it with my gf the first time(cause valentines), went by myself for the second time
It was great, better than every other videogame movie out there(Expect Detective Pikachu of course)

They should have. Nobody's gonna be happy with a 5th one, either way you've got a movie without Buzz(And a majority of the main cast) or a movie without Woody.
I love Toy Story 4, all the new characters(Except that cop doll thingy) were fun and interesting characters. Which isn't something you can say about all of Bonnie's toys lol But 3 was the perfect ending for the series, and the whole "Take good care of Woody" line? lmao Andy's gonna be ticked when he finds out what happened

Leonhart

Imagineer
NeganTheSavior said:

While the third installment felt like a good place to stop, I didn't mind the fourth movie because it tied up some loose ends, although I didn't like the change in Bo Peep's personality since she seemed like a completely different character from how she acted in the first two movies.