• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Tomie Forbidden Fruit... Bad. I recently got the whole Tomie movie collection minus Tomie VS Tomie and Tomie Unlimited. So far they have all completely missed the point of the original story. the first film, Tomie (1999) is so far the best but that's not really saying much. It's slow and the payoff is sort of average. Tomie Forbidden Fruit started out pretty strong, the main character, another girl named Tomie, is introduced to the wicked Tomie and there's an interesting dynamic between the two. Unfortunately the movie doesn't really follow through with this and shifts focus to the father character who knew the wicked Tomie as a teenager. The movie feels like it should have ended at the half way point but it just keeps going and the more it goes on the worse it gets. I will be moving on to Tomie: Beginning but do not have high hopes.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I watched Cool Cat Saves the Kids but with the movie audio turned off and Green Day’s American Idiot album playing instead. I was trying to do the Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon thing and it actually worked out very well and strangely fitting for what was on the screen. American Idiot played during the opening while Cool Cat did that horrible dance, Jesus of Suburbia was during the first encounter of Butch the Bully making fun of Cool Cat, Holiday was during the weird segment where Daddy Derek played an Electric guitar that wasn’t plugged in and the zoomed in shots of him playing the guitar coincided with the song’s guitar solos. Boulevard of Broken Dreams synced with the beginning half of the nightmare scene which was interesting as Cool Cat was all alone throughout the entire song and the song talks about isolation.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Ride Your Wave. It was pretty good! I really liked the soundtrack (even if it was mostly just one song), the beautiful colours, the designs, the cutesy lovey-dovey moments, and the super high detail shots. What I didn't like were the predictable plot elements. A thing was mentioned super early and you immediately know what it is but the main character doesn't realize until the end and it's super weird. I also thought the visuals were a bit inconsistent. Sometimes they were really beautiful and detailed and other times very simplistic in a "budget running low" way. I am happy with the movie as a whole though. Gonna see it with my boyfriend when it comes out on Bluray!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Onward, so much better than the last original Pixar movie lol Good Dinosaur was just straight up awful

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
The Initial D live action from Hong Kong. It's really bad. The editing is so whack, they changed a lot of characters to be major assholes for some reason (specifically Bunta and Itsuki), Takumi is weirdly portrayed less as shy and awkward and more like theres something wrong with him. The racing shots are repetitive and suffer from the whack editing too. It's also a very racist movie. You can feel the casual racism towards Japanese people and culture just oozing out of every scene. Do not recommend.

Captain Jigglypuff

I watched She-Devil on YouTube for free. It’s interesting to see Roseanne play a spurned woman with a vendetta against her husband after he left her and the lengths she goes through to accomplish her task.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Missingno.Fan said:
I watched Pinocchio. It was better than I remember. The scene of Lampwick turning into a donkey scared me as a kid, but it is literally no big deal now.

I've seen the animated Pinocchio movie more times than I can count, and the donkey scenes at Pleasure Island always creep me out. I'm also still a bit terrified of Monstro.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Jumanji: The Next Level. Dwayne Johnson acting like Danny Devito acting like a New Yorker grandfather was good. Awkwafina acting like Danny Devito acting like a New Yorker grandfather was the best thing I've seen in my life.

Captain Jigglypuff

Looney Tunes: Back in Action on Netflix. I didn’t think it was that bad of a movie. Some try to claim that it was a blockbuster bomb but it really didn’t lose that much money being it only had another $10M to earn back its budget. Compared to a movie like Gigli which made only $7.3M against a $75.6M budget, Back in Action was a minor success. Bugs and Daffy were well written and stayed true to having all the characteristics that we all love about them such as Bugs being snarky and having a bit of an ego yet he was willing to help out and knew how to get out of different situations with ease and Daffy was obsessed with wealth and willing to do anything to get rich by wanting to claim the diamond for himself. The animation worked nicely with the live action which isn’t easy to do even with computers and we even got to see Bugs get shot in the face instead of Daffy for once giving Elmer a small victory. I mean it’s not Best Picture Oscar worthy but it is watchable and reminds you of why the Looney Tunes characters are still well loved after nearly 90 years.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Seeing as I'm not supposed to leave the house as often because the apocalypse is happening right now, I'm going through my stack of DVD's that I haven't watched yet and having a couple of movie nights. The first one was the original 1933 King Kong, a film I've wanted to watch for years but never got round to until now. There were parts of this film I found a bit boring, it didn't exactly grip me, but for what it is it's still good. I'd say I prefer the original Godzilla more, but I still apprecate King Kong for its legacy. I'd give it 6/10.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Disney released Onward early for digital download and I watched that. Not too bad of a movie but definitely not my favorite either.