• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I've binge watched all the Avengers movies this past weekend because there's nothing else to do while I'm under quarantine. I might binge watch the Spiderman reboot movies tomorrow just for fun. :p

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Godzilla: King of the Monsters, I've had the DVD for a while but didn't watch it until earlier this week. Re-watching it for the first time since seeing it at the cinema....yeah I can totally see why it flopped. It's just not a very fun or engaging film at all, and I have no idea why I enjoyed it the first time around. I don't have the highest hopes for Godzilla vs. Kong, but it is still the only film I plan to see at the cinema in 2020 (the cinemas will surely be open again by November, right? Right?)

SummerHaze

Batman Begins (2005)

Been a while since I last watched this, and my opinion still stands that it the best execution of a Batman film. Brilliant cast, cinematography, score. A great film. I can't fault it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
On Golden Pond

Pretty good older movie. Good cinematography, acting and music.

8/10

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Since I needed a breather from the dark two-punch that was Neon Genesis Evangelion and Genocyber, I felt like it was time to check out both The Cat Returns and Porco Rosso.

Both were very fun and enjoyable, but that's to be expected when it comes to Miyazaki films in general.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Fat Man and Little Boy - A movie about the development of the atomic bomb. 6/10, C

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Runaway Bride, a nice romantic comedy, 8/10.

The Shawshank Redemption, a true classic with good acting, good storytelling, good cinematography and a good soundtrack, 10/10.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
She Devil starring Roseanne Barr. Pretty entertaining movie as you have a jilted housewife coming up with this elaborate plot to get revenge on her ex husband and using manipulation to its fullest potential and getting others to inadvertently do the dirty work. Meryl Streep is the guy’s new lover and she is an extremely popular romance novelist. The ex wife manages to get the other woman’s elderly and abrasive mother to live with her, left her kids with their dad, and finds a way to get her husband arrested for stealing money from his clients and all this after she blew up the house that they lived in together. The writer’s writing suffers and her publicist complains that her newest novel has “an entire chapter on doing laundry” which supposedly is a metaphor but it is apparently literally nothing but a woman using a washing machine. Linda Hunt is also in the movie and does a great job playing a woman who has been a nurse for so long that her life becomes very dull and robotic until she meets the housewife and eventually quits her job.

SummerHaze

Fermats room 6.5/10
Kind of a Spanish thinking man's version of saw, minus the gore. Keeps you guessing as the tension rises. Pretty good.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I Am Not Your Negro - 8/10

Solid movie, well worth watching.

The Naked Gun - 7/10

Leslie Nielsen was awesome in this.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Blade Runner: The Final Cut - 8/10

Glad I gave this movie another try. It's so much better without the voiceover narration. Solid acting and cinematography.

Scary Stories - 8/10

Good documentary about the Scary Stories to tell in the Dark book series.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power - 7/10

A pretty good documentary about Al Gore continuing to fight for the environment.

Sonic the Hedgehog - 6/10

Liked Sonic and his humor, was disappointed in Dr. Robotnik and his humor. Cringed at a lot of it.

Loved seeing Tails.

Superman - Red Son - 7/10

Liked this ok enough. Pretty good story and take on Superman's life if he lived over in the Soviet Union.

Last edited: