• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Luca
10/10
The story was simple yet effective and it had some great art styling. I think this and Raya and the Last Dragon will be the animated movies to watch out for at the Oscars. I’m really impressed with how detailed the scales were and how they looked so natural. The animation of water is also impressive as it isn’t really easy to make realistic computer generated water.

Captain Jigglypuff

Space Jam 8/10
Still pretty good. One thing made me question something I’ve never thought of before nor does it seem like anyone else ever did either. Those little aliens that invaded the Looney Tunes version of Earth had disintegrating ray guns. Okay that makes sense. But then the Looney Tunes have Marvin the Martian on their side and he also has the same alien technology plus more as we’ve all seen in the classic cartoon. So why didn’t Bugs have Marvin attempt to stop the other aliens first before deciding to get Micheal Jordan to play a basketball game for their freedom first? It really isn’t that difficult to get Marvin to surrender as Bugs and Daffy have done it with very little effort and tools. That could have been an interesting subplot where the aliens and Marvin try to outdo each other over which alien species is the superior one.

NeganTheSavior

Space Jam 2. Peak comedy. Really.

"We found Michael Jordan! Oh, not Michael Jordan the basketball player, but Michael B. Jordan, the actor!"
It's funny because their first and last names are the same! But this guy has a "B" in his name! Quite the mix-up, guys!!!!1

Oh yeah, LeBron James is a Hufflepuff. Go figure.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Space Jam: A New Legacy.

Honestly couldn't care less about Basketball or Lebron.

Only watched it for the Looney Tunes and all the WB characters at the end.

The 'Tunes in different worlds' thing at the Beginning was cool though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm watching The Shawshank Redemption for the zillionth time. I love this movie. It draws me in every rewatch.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Dracula - the 1992 version with Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves and Anthony Hopkins. After years of hearing how this is one of the greatest Dracula adaptations ever made.....I actually didn't like it all that much. It's very slow, a lot of the dialogue is awkward, no one can do a convincing accent (Anthony Hopkins in particular starts off attempting a Dutch accent, but eventually defaults to his normal voice), it's surprisingly bright and colourful for a gothic horror movie, too much so for my liking, and I didn't like a lot of the choppy music video editing and Evil Dead style sped-up POV shots of the monster running. I'd give it a 5 out of 10, too over-the-top and theatrical for my tastes. I'd say the 1958 Dracula with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing is still my favourite Dracula movie.

Captain Jigglypuff

I watched Storks for the second time. I think it’s a decent enough movie with some pretty clever things in it such as the wolf pack working together so well to form shapes of really random things that you wouldn’t expect. It felt like it sort of dragged on a bit towards the middle but not enough to make you want to quit watching the movie. One thing I discovered is that Tulip is voiced by the actress who voiced Izzy in the Total Drama series. That pigeon was annoying though and I wish that the wolves went after him and ate him.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Space Jam 8/10
Still pretty good. One thing made me question something I’ve never thought of before nor does it seem like anyone else ever did either. Those little aliens that invaded the Looney Tunes version of Earth had disintegrating ray guns. Okay that makes sense. But then the Looney Tunes have Marvin the Martian on their side and he also has the same alien technology plus more as we’ve all seen in the classic cartoon. So why didn’t Bugs have Marvin attempt to stop the other aliens first before deciding to get Micheal Jordan to play a basketball game for their freedom first? It really isn’t that difficult to get Marvin to surrender as Bugs and Daffy have done it with very little effort and tools. That could have been an interesting subplot where the aliens and Marvin try to outdo each other over which alien species is the superior one.
I’m just going to leave this here:

Also, Looney Tunes is great.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Black Widow in cinemas. I also used downloaded to watch Space Jam - A New Legacy since i knew it wasn't going to be worth it enough paying for a ticket.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Ritual - a British horror movie from 2017. Four guys go on a hiking trip to the far north of Sweden, one of them injures his leg on the way back down from a mountain, so the group decides to take a short-cut back to their hotel through (what else?) a spooky forest. They of course get lost in the forest and a monster starts hunting them down. It takes a while for the plot to really get going, and the characters make a lot of questionable decisions, but it's not a bad movie by any means. While it does copy the "Lost in a forest and weird stuff starts happening" set-up from the Blair Witch Project, it is different enough so you can't call it a knock-off. Not to mention when the monster is revealed it has one of the coolest designs I've ever seen on a movie monster. 7 out of 10.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
The Suicide Squad

They really didn't have to kill off 90% of the cast in my opinion

think it would have been better if more survived

I also didn't think the original was as bad as everyone thought

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Suicide Squad

They really didn't have to kill off 90% of the cast in my opinion

think it would have been better if more survived

I also didn't think the original was as bad as everyone thought
I haven't seen The Suicide Squad yet, still unsure if I will, but I did read the plot summary on Wikipedia and, yeah, I agree with you. But rather than
more characters surviving, there just shouldn't have been that many to begin with. It sounds like Savant, T.D.K. and Weasel are only in the movie because it wouldn't be a James Gunn movie without Michael Rooker, Nathan Fillion and Sean Gunn, whether they have stuff to do or not. It also sucks that Captain Boomerang, one of the main characters from the first movie and one of the few to come back for the sequel, is one of the members unceremoniously killed off like this.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I watched Inception for the first time last night. I'd always heard great things about the movie, but never got around to watching it until yesterday. I have to admit that I was disappointed for the most part, though. The plot was complex and fast-paced, which made it hard to follow in some parts, and the score was a bit loud and intrusive as well, which made hearing the dialogue difficult. But even knowing the main gist of the plot, I found myself not completely satisfied with many parts, especially the open-ended finale.