• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The last movie you saw

joombo

Cruella

A standout performance from Emma Stone and plenty of stylish production can't save this horribly conceived trainwreck of a movie. Trying to dress up a classic villain into the hero of a quirky heist caper just doesn't work.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cruella

A standout performance from Emma Stone and plenty of stylish production can't save this horribly conceived trainwreck of a movie. Trying to dress up a classic villain into the hero of a quirky heist caper just doesn't work.
I thought it worked well but then again I never really saw her as being “evil” even as a kid. Yeah skinning puppies is a horrible thing to do but honestly much more insane and questionable things have been done in the name of fashion from Björk’s Oscars Swan dress to the dress Lady Gaga wore a few time made out of actual cuts of meat. Somehow a fur coat made from puppies seem tame compared to the meat dress.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Grumpy Cats Worst Christmas Ever

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Cruella

It's getting an amazing amount of minutes in terms of streaming ratings though.. >.>

Will be watching Eternals tonight.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Snoreternals.
I had no interest in it but my girlfriend wanted to see it so I decided to go with since she's willing to watch Spider-Man twice with me.

It was mind numbing boring, have to say it deserves the rotten rating lol Thankfully Hawkeye will get the nasty taste out soon :)

Locormus

I thought it worked well but then again I never really saw her as being “evil” even as a kid. Yeah skinning puppies is a horrible thing to do but honestly much more insane and questionable things have been done in the name of fashion from Björk’s Oscars Swan dress to the dress Lady Gaga wore a few time made out of actual cuts of meat. Somehow a fur coat made from puppies seem tame compared to the meat dress.

1st: Björk's swan dress, wasn't an actual swan. >.>
2nd: There's a difference to having entire an entire industry dedicated to skinning fur and stitching cuts of meat together obtained by a family butcher. Even Ellen DeGeneres (a vegan) questioned to herself after having Gaga on her show what the difference was between a dress made with raw meat or a dress made out of leather or anything out of leather really. So I think there's a value to the statement there. The cuts were from a particular part of cattle that doesn't get eaten all that much - and as long as the rest of the animals meat doesn't go to waste, I honestly don't see a problem with it.

I saw Eternals, and I liked it. Didn’t see what all the hate was about.

Definitely liked it better than Dune that’s for sure. I fell asleep during that.

I've seen it yesterday. I've asked several other audience members what they thought (during the credits when we were waiting for the final endcredit). All of them were pretty much saying the same thing: 'I read some negative reviews (citing that the plot was hard to follow), but it's clearly not as bad as they wrote and the plot wasn't confusing at all'. There were plenty of laughs in the audience, the majority of the fight scenes were good and the highlight were how the characters and their motivations work off each other - which is what drives the plot, very much like Civil War. There's no MacGuffin in this plot like ShangChi's TenRings or the Tesseract in Avengers. This is just 11 characters with differing motivations and opinions on issues having to deal with a singular cataclysmic issue - and it makes for a satisfying at times emotional watch.

The main critiques I'm seeing are that it didn't feel as if it were part of the MCU. I don't get that. There were references to the events of Infinity War, Endgame, Thanos as major motivators for characters to change their view on Earth.

Yes, Marvel is canonically rooted in the US - and while there was a scene or two on US soil, I think subconsciously a lot of people in the US go: These are aliens, they don't sound american (except 'the gay' and the permanently small girl) and most of the movie takes place in areas with more ancient history (Iraq, India, Southern America) and might just feel that they're not being represented at all - and if they are it's by a small girl, black gay man or a middle aged latina. The generic IronMan/CaptainAmerica/Thor-crowd might have issues with that.. for you know, 'reasons'.

I honestly wouldn't drop this below 75% if I were to rate it.

Least favorite moment (or jarring really) was a certain character unintendedly revisiting a particular James vanderBeek meme..

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Halloween Kills and Dune

Michael Myers was a savage as usual,he had a lot of kills in this movie,I enjoyed the flashback and seeing the old Dr.Loomis was a surprise,I heard it was someone that played the character that looked similar to Donald Pleasence.James Jude Courtney's portrayal of Michael Myers is definitely up there with Nick Castle's.But the movie overall had some problems so it would just miss the cut for top 5.

1.Halloween (1978)
2.Halloween (2018)
3.Halloween 4
4.Halloween II (1981)
5.Halloween H20
6.Halloween Kills
7.Halloween (2007)
8.Halloween 6
9.Halloween III
10.Halloween 5
11.Halloween II (2009)
12.Halloween Resurrection

Dune was both interesting and confusing,all of the action scenes were good,I thought Josh Brolin and Jason Momoa were the biggest standouts.Zendaya was sprinkled throughout most of the movie so she didn't have much to do.

Not sure if I want to see the Eternals,there's been a lot of bad ratings and reviews about it.
I watched the Toy Story trilogy again(Not 4, it's garbage and shouldn't exist) cause of the hype the Lightyear trailer gave me.

I really like how the original three were a rare instance of being better than it's predecessors, the stories were better and the villains vastly improved. Stinky Pete and Lotso's fates always put a smile to my face as they got precisely what they deserved, I really like how they try and make it look like Lotso's getting redeemed before he's like 'Nope, still a scumbag. See ya!' I honestly fell for it the first time I saw the movie years ago.

I do hope Zurg is in Lightyear, we never did get much of him in the films. That's something that always disappointed me as I loved his design
I enjoyed the 4th Toy Story but it just wasn't as impactful as the first 3 and Buzz Lightyear felt very sidelined which has slowly gotten worse since the 2nd movie.Maybe this upcoming movie will do him justice,when I found about it I got flashbacks to the animated show Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

Morax

King of heroes
Dune was both interesting and confusing,all of the action scenes were good,I thought Josh Brolin and Jason Momoa were the biggest standouts.Zendaya was sprinkled throughout most of the movie so she didn't have much to do.
Dune was surprisingly good. I was expecting them to butcher it by adding cringy comedy to make it more MARVEL-y because but they were faithful to the original material.
————————————————

Arcane, anybody?

Locormus

Not sure if I want to see the Eternals, there's been a lot of bad ratings and reviews about it.

Honestly: Audience approval score on Rotten Tomatoes was revealed to be 86% with over 1000 verified ratings.

I've seen the movie and read most of the (bad) reviews. There's a big gap of logic between them honestly. It isn't a typical Marvel flashy superhero movie. This one is about the character motivations and how even if you're on the same team - you might not see things the same way. It's a lot more like CivilWar where both Cap and Tony want to keep the world safe, but feel differently on how to do that.

It's quite long, but if it was any shorter you'd feel as if they dumped too many characters on you in a too short amount of time and they wouldn't have gotten enough screentime for any development.

Critics also tend to be sheep. They've had few opportunities to criticize Marvel and now they saw an opportune moment with a cast of relatively unknown characters and a long gap between premier and release in cinema - and as a selfrespecting critic, you just can't go against the grain of the critical consensus.

I've seen the movie. I really liked it. It was as fresh (pun intended) compared to the other Marvel projects as I expected it to be.

I'm going to wait until it drops on Disney+ until I'll see it again though, but I'm going to be doing the same with ShangChi and I really loved that movie. Haven't done so with BlackWidow, which in my eyes was a far weaker movie then Eternals and not worth watching more then once. The only good thing about that movie was Florence Pugh.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Honestly: Audience approval score on Rotten Tomatoes was revealed to be 86% with over 1000 verified ratings.

I've seen the movie and read most of the (bad) reviews. There's a big gap of logic between them honestly. It isn't a typical Marvel flashy superhero movie. This one is about the character motivations and how even if you're on the same team - you might not see things the same way. It's a lot more like CivilWar where both Cap and Tony want to keep the world safe, but feel differently on how to do that.

It's quite long, but if it was any shorter you'd feel as if they dumped too many characters on you in a too short amount of time and they wouldn't have gotten enough screentime for any development.

Critics also tend to be sheep. They've had few opportunities to criticize Marvel and now they saw an opportune moment with a cast of relatively unknown characters and a long gap between premier and release in cinema - and as a selfrespecting critic, you just can't go against the grain of the critical consensus.

I've seen the movie. I really liked it. It was as fresh (pun intended) compared to the other Marvel projects as I expected it to be.

I'm going to wait until it drops on Disney+ until I'll see it again though, but I'm going to be doing the same with ShangChi and I really loved that movie. Haven't done so with BlackWidow, which in my eyes was a far weaker movie then Eternals and not worth watching more then once. The only good thing about that movie was Florence Pugh.
IMDb is more accurate than Rotten Tomatoes imo,but yh I'll probably check it out later this week,the part where u said it's more like Civil War intrigued me.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I watched Paint Your Wagon a few days ago, which is kind of a tradition for me to watch every year. Very good movie, and one of the VERY RARE occasions where you can see Clint Eastwood sing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I saw Ron's Gone Wrong a little while back, and it was cute.

I mean, it's basically a kid's movie, but I enjoyed it enough to warrant seeing it.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Going to see My Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission. Sadly we only get a japan dub with english subtitles. I prefer english voices over japan voices.

Last movie last week was Eternals was ok but nothing spectacular. Most heroes only having 1-trick powers was so boring including heat-beam spamming Ikarus/Ikaros.

Locormus

IMDb is more accurate than Rotten Tomatoes imo,but yh I'll probably check it out later this week,the part where u said it's more like Civil War intrigued me.

Lets just say that Cap and Tony had a conflict about the accords and you saw the entire team having to make personal choices and decisions on what they believe is the right one. It's that kind of movie.

Going to see My Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission. Sadly we only get a japan dub with english subtitles. I prefer english voices over japan voices.

Last movie last week was Eternals was ok but nothing spectacular. Most heroes only having 1-trick powers was so boring including heat-beam spamming Ikarus/Ikaros.

1-trickpower heroes is your issue? I get that Tony has a wide range of toys, but Hulk just smashes, Cap's superpower is basically just superstrength and skill with a shield (which can be copied, as seen by), Falcon basically has a flightsuit with toys, Bucky is basically Cap with a gun. Hawkeye just shoots arrows, etc..

There's plenty of heroes in the MCU with basically 1-trick that they manage to use in several ways. Heck, Yelena made fun of Natasha for that reason..

And the point is that they're strongest as an unit. 5 attackers, 5 special-squad. Look at each of them as individuals and yeah some might seem underwhelming, but as a collective they're formidable.

Missingno.Fan

I watched The Hunger Games. I’m debating whether or not I should watch the rest of the series. I know I saw the second back when it came out, but I don’t remember liking it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Watched that new "Home Sweet Home Alone" on Disney+ tonight

Wasn't half bad, much better than Home Alone 4 and 5 anyway.

Didn't expect a happy ending for the "bad guys". Not really bad, Whole thing ended up as a misunderstanding, but they did break into the kids house.

Instead of jail time they pay for the damages to the Familys house and become friends to the Family.

Last edited: