• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Last story disc read problem.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
Hi I bought the last story for the wii and it didn't work so I traded it in cause I thought it was broken. I know the game disc is dual layer and so are xenoblade and super smash bros but super smash bros worked and I also know that the Last Story requires 60hz and yes I've set my tv/wii to it.

Does anyone know what to do cause I really want to play the game and it set me back $80 and I doubt I'll be able to trade it in if it's my fault that it doesn't work.
The problem is that when it tries loading there is a black screen that tells me to take the disc out and turn it on and off.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I know Nintendo used to offer to fix this problem free of charge a while ago (you might have had to pay S&H though). You could try phoning or emailing them and asking if they still offer that.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'd say first see if you can read other disks, because then you know it's not the system's fault. If you can, see if Nintendo would clean it for you as Skitty said. If they refuse, try a disk cleaning service usually offered at computer shops. If it still doesn't work or if they ruin it, unfortunately you're out that money and nothing you could do.

Last edited:

James2344

Keyblade wielder
Thanks for the advice and yeah the wii can play other games and since the lens cleaning kit I bought today Isn't working I guess il have to give up or do what skitty said