• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legacy Continues

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
To those wondering, yes, this is my first fan fiction. However, it's already gotten pretty long and I felt that this part was getting out of date. So I'm changing it. Again.

This fic is currently rated PG, since I really don't think that there's anything bad in it, aside from the usual Pokemon battles.

This is a story about two trainers who go on a journey (they're Ash's kids), so if you absolutely hate those (or hate everything about the anime) don't bother reading this. And while I do use the Anime very heavily in the beginning (the Prologue is likely the most unoriginal part of the fic so far), the story becomes much more original after that.

If you are going to review this, DO NOT SPAM! I like constructive criticism, and while letting me know that you like it is nice, I prefer it if you tell me what parts you liked most. Discuss the story, it's not that hard!

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters or Pokémon that are originally from Nintendo (e.g. Ash Ketchum, Pikachu, etc.)

Also, I'm going to start a PM list. If you want me to PM you when the next Chapter Part/Chapter is finished, let me know (PM me or put it in your post).

The PM List

Advancedblazeashmaymistyp
Hahahabvc87
MewMan
goldfly2005
.:pyroken Serafoculus:.​

And I have also decided to begin a Chapter index, below, for greater convenience than going through the pages. Please note that it is based on the 20 post per page view.

The Chapter Index
Prologue - Below
Points of view: Pikachu, Ash Jr.

Ash and Myst, twin son and daughter of Ash (Sr.) and Misty, receive their starter Pokémon from Professor Gary Oak, a Pikachu and Staryu, respectively, and are confronted by Ho-Oh as they leave the lab.
Chapter 1, Part 1 - Below
Points of view: Ho-Oh, Ash Sr., James

Ho-Oh bestows the power of a legendary blessing upon Ash and Myst, which simultaneously knocks nearly everyone in the immediate area out cold, and then departs. Ash (Sr.) soon recovers, and he meets Ash and Myst, seeing them off on the start of their journey. They race off, running over Team Rocket, who were disrupted by Ho-Oh in the middle of yet another attempt to steal Ash (Sr.)'s Pikachu. This maddens the trio, who set off in pursuit of the new trainers.
Chapter 1, Part 2 - Below
Points of view: Myst

Ash and Myst manage to get to Viridian City by the time the sun goes down, crashing through the door and spotting another young trainer. Team Rocket soon arrives, and upon spotting the two declare that they will take all the Pokémon in the Center. Ash, Myst, and the young trainer who introduces himself as Lawrence IV join forces in a brief battle to stop Team Rocket, but they fail and Team Rocket claims victory.
Chapter 1, Part 3 - Below
Points of view: Ash Jr.

As Team Rocket begin taking the Pokémon, Ash subconsciously manages to tap into the power given to him by Ho-Oh and uses it to blast the Rockets off. The energy drain from its use leaves him unconscious, though, and he wakes up two days later.
Chapter 2, Part 1 - Below
Points of view: Giovanni, ???, Lawrence III, Meowth

Giovanni, inside his reclaimed Viridian Gym, receives news from one of his Team Rocket agents confirming the existence of Mewtwo, a Pokémon that he has no previous memory of. A man with an as yet unknown name, in a base in Orre where he has been conducting the quiet rise of Cipher, obtains a portable Snag Machine, the last real key to his plan. Lawrence III, on a remote area of the Orange Islands, has constructed a fortress, capable of flight a number of other as yet mysterious features, to allow both him and his son to capture all of the Legendary Pokémon. Meowth reflects upon what Ho-Oh has done before joining Jessie and James in plotting how best to capture Ash (Jr.)'s Pikachu.
Chapter 2, Part 2
Points of view: Tamerie, Molly

Tamerie, a man who has created a secret organization called Team Titan from the remnants of Team Aqua and Team Magma, receives reports about the current locations of the six Legendary Pokémon that he seeks: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. Molly, who is now a Pokémon researcher who studies only Unown, discovers a secret chamber deep within the Tanoby Ruins.
Chapter 3
Points of view: Ash Jr.

Summary to come.
Chapter 4, Part 1
Points of view: Pikachu

Summary to come.
Chapter 4, Part 2
Points of view: Jessie, Myst

Summary to come.
Chapter 4, Part 3
Points of view: Ash Jr., Lawrence IV

Summary to come.
Chapter 5, Part 1
Points of view: Molly, Lawrence IV

Summary to come.
Chapter 5, Part 2
Points of view: Ash Jr., Jigglypuff, Giovanni

Summary to come.
Chapter 5, Part 3
Points of view: Myst

Summary to come.
Chapter 6, Part 1
Points of view: Oakley, Mewtwo, Molly

Summary to come.
Chapter 6, Part 2
Points of view: Ash Jr., Pikachu, Tamerie

Summary to come.
Chapter 7, Part 1
Points of view: Ash Sr., Mewtwo

Summary to come.
Chapter 7, Part 2
Points of view: Tamerie

Summary to come.
Chapter 7, Part 3
Points of view: Molly, Pikachu

Summary to come.
Chapter 8, Part 1
Points of view: Pikachu, Myst

Summary to come.
Chapter 8, Part 2
Points of view: Ash Jr., Mewtwo

Summary to come.
Chapter 8, Part 3
Points of view: Ash Sr., Lawrence IV

Summary to come.
Chapter 9, Part 1
Points of view: Mew, ???

Summary to come.
Chapter 9, Part 2
Points of view: Giovanni, Ash Jr.

Summary to come.
Chapter 9, Part 3
Points of view: Simon

Summary to come.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Legacy Continues

Prologue: From Father to Son

It is 23 years after Ash Ketchum finished his journey. After gaining such fame that his name was known across all the world of Pokémon, he suddenly announced that he would retire, giving up his position as the World’s Pokémon Master and moving back to his hometown, Pallet Town. He eventually married Misty, and they had twins, a boy and a girl, whom they named Ash (after his father) and Myst. These two grew up well aware of their father’s fame, and they both wanted to live up to the legacy he had left behind, if not surpass it. Their parents both encouraged them, and the children grew up learning from them about all the fine points of battling, from tactics a Pikachu could use against a Ground-type Pokémon to the different combinations and interactions of attacks. They even learned about the Legendary Pokémon that both Ash and Misty had seen on their own adventures, from Mew and Celebi to Groudon and Kyogre. One of Ash’s favorite Legendary Pokémon was Ho-Oh, which he and his Pikachu had seen on the very first day of their adventure. The two youngsters held both their parents in high esteem. After all, not many could claim a World’s Pokémon Master and a Gym Leader as their parents.

They also got to see many of Ash’s and Misty’s old friends. Brock, who had finally succeeded in becoming the world’s greatest Pokémon Breeder (and also found a girl who would stay with him: the Pike Queen, Lucy), came by every once in a while to say hi and to cook a delicious meal for them all. May, after becoming the winner of the International Grand Festival, had taken up a job as a panel judge for contests everywhere, and she came by every now and then when a contest happened to be nearby, if only to talk about some of the more spectacular performances she’d seen. Max had become a member of the Elite Four in Hoenn, and came by when he had a rest from challengers to chat about old times with Ash, and every once in a while to have a battle. Their battles were something that people from all the countries of the world came to see, at least when they were official. Even Gary, who still liked to tease Ash whenever they met, came by to visit now and then. Gary had gone on to fulfill his dream of becoming a Pokémon professor like his grandfather, the world-renowned Professor Oak. He and Ash also battled occasionally, and their old rivalry was usually apparent during these. However they had become fast friends over the years, and trusted each other to a very great extent. The last two people (and one Pokémon in particular) from Ash’s past who still showed up with annoying regularity were the infamous Team Rocket, who Ash still sent packing every time they showed up.

Ash and Myst grew up and by the age of ten, they were ready to begin their own Pokémon journeys. They had agreed to stay together during the journey, and had discussed double battles extensively with each other. They were very pleased with their arrangements, but had agreed that their badges would be earned separately, along with any contest ribbons that they tried to earn. They both were kept awake that night before the choosing of their starter Pokémon, dreaming of the journey that would begin. However, when they finally did fall asleep, it was already about 2:00 a.m.…

“Ash! Ash, wake up!”

The young boy in question rolled over and muttered into his pillow. He wasn’t incredibly tall, just a little over five feet. He really looked extraordinarily like his father, and so far had proved to be every bit as reckless. “Just a little more…”

“Ash, GET UP!!! We’re already an hour late for the Pokémon choosing! If we don’t hurry, we’ll be lucky if we don’t have to wait another year for our Pokémon!”

“Bluh… Hubada bubada wha?!?!” Ash leaped out of his bed and saw his sister standing next to her bed, looking absolutely frantic. She was a pretty good height for a girl, exactly the same height as he himself was. She looked incredibly similar to a younger version of her mother, with orange hair and green eyes, though she had obviously inherited some of her father’s hotheadedness. “Did you say we’re LATE for the POKÉMON CHOOSING?!?!?! Come on, we don’t have any time to waste! Let’s go!!”

Seizing his sister’s arm, he crashed through the bedroom door, raced down the stairs, and finally burst out onto the street. He began tearing down the road towards the Pokémon Lab, still dragging his sister along behind him.

“Ash, wait! Slow down! Can’t you see we’re still in our pajamas? We can’t go to the choosing looking like this! It’ll shame both our parents, not to mention ruining our reputations before we even start!”

Ash skidded to a halt, his sister flying in front of him from the momentum and landing face down in the dirt. “Oh. Um, sorry about that… Here, let me help you up…” He offered his arm to his sister, who slapped it away and jumped up. She looked absolutely livid.

“Ash, how many times have I told you to not make such quick decisions?! Now we’ll be even later!”

“Sorry, Myst, I was just trying to get to the Lab as quickly as possible…” He studied his bare foot closely. “I guess we should go home and get those clothes mom and dad got us for this. So come on, let’s go!” Some of his previous energy returning, he grinned and shot back off towards his home, with Myst running along behind him, just as fast as he was. “Haha, betcha can’t catch me, sis!”

“Oh, you just wait, Ash! I’m gonna get you and make you wish you hadn’t even thought of waking up late today!”

Grinning and shouting at each other, they made it back home in less than a minute, then raced back up to their room. Their house was fairly small, because despite being the best-known person pretty much across the world, Ash (senior) didn’t like the idea of a mansion, so he’d settled back down into his old home. It sometimes seemed rather crowded, but that didn’t matter. All they needed was each other, and their parents’ Pokémon. Ash and Myst shared a room upstairs, which was actually Ash (senior)’s old room. They got along fine, and managed to give each other some privacy when it was needed. They quickly got changed into their brand-new Pokémon trainer’s outfits, and within three minutes of getting back home, they were out the door again. They raced back down the road, competing against each other to see who could get to the lab first. They managed to get there just in time to see another young trainer leaving the lab, and heading toward Route 1. They crashed into the lab, saw the esteemed Professor Gary Oak standing there, and both began talking at the same time. Professor Oak looked up at them and smiled through his brown but graying hair (still in the same style he’d had since he was a trainer himself). He was in his middle years, and while he didn’t look old, he was getting there.

“Professor Oak…” panted Ash.

“We’re here for our Pokémon, professor!” said Myst, breathing hard as well.

“Hmmm. You two certainly took your time, didn’t you? Heh. Reminds me of the day your father and I got our first Pokémon. He was late, too. About as late as you both are now. Ah, well, I guess you want to choose your first Pokémon, correct?”

“Yes, sir!” they both exclaimed.

“Well then, come with me.” Professor Oak led them to a small, circular column. It had a domed Poké Ball shape in the center, and three Poké Balls set into the surrounding metal. Each Poké Ball had a different small symbol embedded into it. One was the shape of a flame, another was in the shape of a drop of water, and the last was in the shape of a leaf. “As I’m sure you know, inside each of those Poké Balls is a Pokémon, and you get a choice of the three that are in front of you. However, there is a slight problem. Three other aspiring trainers have already been here to collect their Pokémon. So you two get the Pokémon that your parents thought to obtain for you.”

As the professor spoke, the domed Poké Ball in the center of the column opened, revealing two Poké Balls, side by side. One had a small thunderbolt emblem, and the other had a small water droplet emblem (that looked exactly the same as the one on the Squirtle’s empty Poké Ball). Professor Oak handed the one with the thunderbolt to Ash and the one with the water droplet to Myst. “Go ahead, see what’s inside,” the professor encouraged.

Ash was the first to react. “Come on out, Pokémon!” The Poké Ball burst open, and a white light flashed from it, landing on the floor.

A small yellow Pokémon stood on the floor. It was a Pikachu! Ash laughed with delight as he realized that he would be starting this journey in exactly the same way as his father had.

“That Pikachu is actually your father’s Pikachu’s baby, you know,” said Professor Oak. “He’s been hoping for this to happen since you were born. However, his Pikachu insisted that it was left alone for about a year after it was born, after which it was put into that Poké Ball. I don’t think it’s been let out since, actually…” The Prof trailed off suddenly, looking at Myst.

Myst had already released her Pokémon, not waiting for the professor to ask her to. A Staryu had appeared from inside of it, and she was already chatting to it with a huge smile on her face. After a few minutes of talking, she noticed that both Ash and Professor Oak were watching her. She smiled back and said sweetly “What? Did I do something wrong?” Her grin abruptly broadened and she said “Well, I’m going to go train. Are you going to just stand there all day, Ash? If you didn’t remember, there are other beginning trainers who already have a massive head start on us. So c’mon, let’s get going!”

Ash, amused by his sister’s sheer eagerness, quickly replied “I was about to ask you the same thing, Myst. You looked like you were ready to just play around with your Staryu all day.”

“Oh yeah? Well, I haven’t seen you even trying to get to know your Pikachu yet, Ash. As a matter of fact…” Myst stopped talking abruptly and turned rather pale. She was watching a spot right behind Ash and the professor.

They turned around slowly. Pikachu was still there. However, the sparks coming from its cheeks and the frown on its face were good indicators that it was not happy.

Pikachu

Whew, I thought. I’m finally out of that Poké Ball, after who knows how long. Oh well, Dad told me that he’d been in a Poké Ball for what seemed like ages before he was let out, and it turned out that it had only been a couple of days. Hm.

I looked around and saw two people standing in front of me. Humans, obviously. Dad had told me that when I was released from that Poké Ball (I now had an intense fear of being put back inside it. The feeling of not having form or substance, being trapped, not being able to escape, all of that just made me hate the thought of being back… there), it would be when a new Trainer had chosen me. I had been very interested in what a “Trainer” was, and he provided some (fairly sketchy) details. A Trainer was apparently a human who captured and trained Pokémon, and they usually chose a starter Pokémon from the local Pokémon Professor. Dad had also told me that I would be a starter Pokémon for a beginning trainer, so apparently that was the situation I was in right now.

The younger-looking human seemed very excited when he saw me, and the older one looked like he was explaining something. I wasn’t paying much attention, so I only caught the last few words the old guy said (“…it’s been let out since, actually…”) before they both turned away from me. They appeared to be looking at something behind them.

Now, I found this odd. The young guy was probably my new Trainer, so shouldn’t he be paying attention to me? I decided to give him a few seconds to bring his attention back where it was supposed to be. When he didn’t, I recalled one of the last pieces of advice my father had given me:

If you ever get the feeling that your Trainer isn’t paying attention to what he (or she) should, don’t be afraid to do something to get their attention. Anything from a bit of electricity to running around works. I remember shocking my Trainer pretty frequently early in our travels, actually.

But Dad, wouldn’t the human get upset at you?

Hahaha! Sometimes, yes. But it’s usually rather amusing, especially when it’s all done in good fun. That’s the point, though. Don’t do this too much. You will want to at least try to befriend your Trainer, no matter how inexperienced he (or she) might be.

Smiling a little as I remembered Dad’s advice, I began gathering my energy to create a little shock for my new Trainer.

Suddenly he turned around. As he did, I saw another human, also young, sitting on the floor behind him. She looked kind of scared. I frowned in concentration, and felt the electricity leave me in a rush. I loved using electricity. It was such an erratic, powerful, and dangerous tool all at once, and each use always left me feeling happier. In this case, I got the extra satisfaction of frying the three people who had decided to ignore me when they should have been at least talking to me.

After a few seconds, I let the flow of electricity stop. For one thing, I did need to conserve some of it for later, and I also thought that they had probably gotten the point. I watched all three collapse, and laughed a little. An odd smell, probably of singed clothes, began to fill the room. My electricity might be slightly strong, but my father’s was so incredibly powerful. Secretly, I thought him the equal of the Zapdos he had met during his journeys, despite his denials of this.

The humans got up fairly quickly, eying me nervously. I didn’t really blame them, but hey, it had been pretty funny.

Ash

Ouch.

That was about all I could think as I fell onto the floor. My new little Pokémon was obviously upset. Then I heard it… laughing?!?!

That went just a little too far. I got up, dusted off my new jacket (mom would be furious), and grabbed the Poké Ball that I’d released this little yellow critter from a few moments earlier. “Ok, little guy, time for a little break. Return!”

A red beam shot from the Poké Ball, touching the Pikachu. It instantly became a bunch of red energy, which zoomed back into the ball.

“Wow.” Professor Oak was also standing again, and he looked slightly surprised at what had just happened. “That’s quite a feisty little guy you’ve got there, Ash. You’ll have to try extra hard to make it your friend, or it won’t do a thing for you.”

I nodded, looking at the red and white ball that lay in my hand. Suddenly, it began vibrating. “What’s going on?” he asked.

“Amazing!” exclaimed Professor Oak. “It looks like your Pikachu is attempting to break out of its Poké Ball. Looks like its inherited more than one trait from its father.”

The Poké Ball burst open, and the white light formed into Pikachu again. It glared at me for a moment, then turned its back on him and folded its arms.

“Awww, it’s so cute! But it doesn’t look too happy with you right now. You should definitely try to talk to it a little,” Myst said.

I looked over my shoulder at my sister, who was watching Pikachu with some interest. “How can you call it cute right after it finished shocking you? But you’re probably right.” Walking over to Pikachu and kneeling down behind it, I said quietly “Hey buddy, sorry to get you so mad back there. I hope you’ll forgive me for… um… whatever it is I did. And I won’t make you stay in your Poké Ball if you don’t want to.”

Pikachu turned and looked at him for a few long moments. It then turned away again, leaving the impression that it hadn’t decided to trust me quite yet. I sighed and, turning to Myst, said “Well, I guess we should be leaving soon.” Turning back to Pikachu, I said “Well, are you going to come with us or not?” Pikachu responded by jumping onto my shoulder, then it apparently decided that my head would make a better perch. As it clambered onto my hat, I told it “Hey! Get off my head! You don’t belong up there!”

Pikachu simply responded with a “Pika! Pika-pikachu!”

I glared at my sister as she said “Well, it’s sort of cute.” Then she burst into laughter, probably at my predicament. I ground my teeth and walked out the entrance.

The first thing I noticed was the large crowd that had gathered while we had been inside. Although, it was probably to be expected, considering how famous my dad was. A massive cheer rose from the people assembled, and I raised a hand to wave to them. They stopped cheering almost as suddenly as they had begun. Did they expect me to make a speech? Great. I thought. Speeches were never my strong point. However, I quickly noticed that they were not staring at me, but at something over my head. A few mouths had already dropped open. I turned and looked up to see what it was. A moment later, I was also speechless.

Ho-Oh was on the roof of the Pokémon Lab. And it was looking down at me and my sister with an intensity that can only be found in the eyes of a Legendary Pokémon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who do decide to review this.

Until we meet again...
;150;

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The only problem I have is the names of their kids. I think they could've been a bit more original.

Brock, who had finally succeeded in becoming the world’s greatest Pokémon Breeder (and also found a girl who would stay with him: the Pike Queen, Lucy),

Brock + Lucy forever! They fit together like Ash and Misty do, and for once their attraction was mutual....

Ash’s past who still showed up with annoying regularity were the infamous Team Rocket, who Ash still sent packing every time they showed up.

That'll be happening until Team Rocket is in wheelchairs and Meowth uses a walker.

Overall, good stuff. I'd recommend it.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Kani Tarma said:
No it was brillinat! Kepp going...this sound firmiliar...*winks*
I wonder why...:D
Yes, I know that some of it sounds very similar to what the anime started with, but trust me, it won't be completely the same.
Thanks for the compliments, too. Always good to have readers who enjoy the work!
The Great Butler said:
The only problem I have is the names of their kids. I think they could've been a bit more original.

Brock, who had finally succeeded in becoming the world’s greatest Pokémon Breeder (and also found a girl who would stay with him: the Pike Queen, Lucy),

Brock + Lucy forever! They fit together like Ash and Misty do, and for once their attraction was mutual....

Ash’s past who still showed up with annoying regularity were the infamous Team Rocket, who Ash still sent packing every time they showed up.

That'll be happening until Team Rocket is in wheelchairs and Meowth uses a walker.

Overall, good stuff. I'd recommend it.
Thank you, The Great Butler, for your insight (and compliment). Mew-shaped cookies for being the first review! :D ;151;;151;;151;
Anyway, the next chapter should be coming along in one or two days, if it's later don't sue me.

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Chapter 1: The Gift of a Legend
Part 1​

Ho-Oh

And so it begins again…

From the sky, I had watched as the next generation of heroes emerged from the lab. However, I kept myself well hidden, because though all three of these young ones would grow up to be great and powerful trainers, none were to become the next Chosen One. I frowned inwardly, recalling what Celebi had told me of this generation, that there would be two Chosen Ones…

When I saw the two coming towards the lab, I knew that these were the ones Celebi had told me of, so I waited, circling above the building, until they emerged. I then quietly flew down and alighted on the lab, my rainbow wings making no sound whatsoever. I looked down at the two Chosen Ones, and reflected inwardly on how their lives would probably never be the same after this. Then they turned to look at me, awe and wonder reflecting in their eyes.

Wonderful. The only way they would have realized I was here would be if…

I looked up and saw the crowd on the road. Staring directly at me. Amazed that I had remained ignorant of them until this point, I cursed myself inwardly. My task would now be well known, when I had hoped to keep it quiet. Although maybe, with a bit of cooperation and luck…

I looked back down at the two children, the Chosen Ones. They were still gazing at me, mouths agape. Glad that there was at least a little room for me to maneuver, I glided softly down from my perch and landed in front of the children. They both took an involuntary step back, and the little Pikachu that was sitting on the boy’s head was now looking like it wanted only to know why I, of all Pokémon, was here. Well, it was about to find out. Glad that the professor had decided to stay in, I drew myself up to my full height, obscuring the children from view. Then, I gave the call. The call to all the other Legendary Pokémon of the world, letting them know that now was the time to donate part of their power to the Chosen Ones…

For a full minute it rang on, farther and farther away from this small town, all over the world…

With incredible speed, twenty beams of incredibly bright light shot out from beyond the horizon and each plunged into me. After even the first one came, I realized that I was in pain. Having so much power was something I could not contain for long. Luckily, I didn’t have to. I focused the power I had gained, along with some of my own, into two strands of Sacred Fire. The power distribution was equal; each Legendary Pokémon donated some power to each of the two Chosen Ones. The strands, small yet intense enough to cause even me to flinch from the brightness, shot from my beak and hit the two children on the forehead. They were in no pain, I had made sure of that, but they both clapped a hand to their respective foreheads and collapsed into unconsciousness. I watched their prone forms for about a minute, when I saw them begin to stir. I then took my leave of the gathering, feeling greatly weakened. My next destination was the Tin Tower. I was in desperate need of a good, long rest to recharge my energy. However, as always, I spared enough energy to make a rainbow as I flew off toward Johto…

Ash

When I saw Ho-Oh land on the roof of the Pokémon Lab, I knew that something big was going to happen. The last time I had seen it was at the end of the Worldwide Pokémon League, when it had come to congratulate me on my achievements as a Pokémon Trainer. That had been nearly fifteen years ago. For it to show up now, right when my son and daughter were about to receive their first Pokémon, was unbelievable, if rather touching. It reminded me of my very first day as a Pokémon Trainer, when I saw Ho-Oh in the sky, flying by…

A sudden movement broke my memory. Ho-Oh had flown down from the roof and was now standing between the group on the road and the lab. It raised its height, and I realized that I could no longer see my children. As I began to move forward, Ho-Oh lifted its head and gave forth a call. It was so loud that it nearly knocked me out, and it left me dazed afterwards. I watched in bewilderment as beams of searing bright light came streaking out of the sky to hit Ho-Oh, which had lowered its head again. An even more intense light rose from the area in front of it, and I wondered what it was doing to my two kids. However, I was still recovering from the sound of that call, and couldn’t even move. For some reason, Ho-Oh looked… different than when I’d seen it on the roof. It looked somehow drained. I felt quite worried for it when it took off again, but it left behind a reassuring rainbow as it left. Then I heard a voice, majestic, deep, and filled with wisdom and power, yet at the same time had an exhausted note in it.

Fear not for your son and daughter. They are safe and whole, and will recover fully in a few minutes’ time. Until next time, Ash Ketchum, farewell…

I shook my head. That voice was familiar, though for some reason nobody else seemed to have noticed any voice. I looked around for the speaker, then realized where he had last heard it, and who it had come from. When he stood victorious at the Worldwide Pokémon League, he had heard that voice, looked up, and realized that it had been Ho-Oh.

I had a tear in my eye as I thought back to the ancient rainbow bird. Until next time, Ho-Oh. I felt a dim acknowledgement come back from the legend, then looked back to where I had last seen Ash and Myst. Shocked, I saw them both on the ground, stirring out of unconsciousness. I began moving towards them again, eager to make sure that they were both all right. When I reached them, they had already recovered enough to be sitting up, and I noticed that Ash’s new Pokémon (a Pikachu, I was delighted to see) was in about the same condition as he was. Glad to see that they were both well on the road to recovery, I said quietly, “Well, you two are sure getting off to a grand start of your adventure. Ho-Oh doesn’t show itself to just anyone, you know!”

Ash gave a small groan. “Is that you, Dad? What happened? I remember seeing Ho-Oh on the roof, but after that it’s a big blank…”

I frowned slightly. Whatever Ho-Oh had done it had knocked out a part of Ash’s memory, and probably Myst’s, as well. Which meant that absolutely nobody would have a clue as to what exactly had happened between them. “Sorry, son, but Ho-Oh was blocking our view of you, so I don’t know either. But whatever it was, you seem to be recovering just fine, so let’s not worry about it too much.”

“…Dad? Am I still alive? What happened?” Myst had finally managed a few sentences. I repeated what I had told Ash, and helped the two of them get onto their feet.

“On a different topic, though, I notice that you’ve both gotten your first Pokémon.” I greeted Ash’s new Pikachu, which had also recovered fully, with a smile and a handshake. It promptly shocked me back, but, thanks to many of the same “greetings” from my own Pikachu over the years, I had developed a substantial resilience to electricity. So I simply smiled at it and said “Hello to you too.” Turning to Myst, I asked “And what Pokémon did you get?”

“My favorite, Dad! Come on out, Staryu!” As she tossed the Poké Ball, it burst open, sending a white burst of light out that materialized into Staryu.

Smiling at her obvious happiness, I remembered Misty’s insistence that she supply the Pokémon Lab with a Staryu for this year’s new Trainers. It was now obvious that she had had Myst in mind when she did so. I smiled inwardly, thinking that they were both incredibly lucky to get their favorite Pokémon to start with. Recalling the doubts I had at first harbored about my own Pikachu, I was glad that they took to this so well.

Gary (who insisted that everyone but me call him Professor Oak) emerged from the lab, and looked slightly amused to see the three of us (and Pikachu) standing there. “Wow, you’re still here,” he said to Ash and Myst. “I thought the two of you would be halfway to Viridian City by now. Oh well, it’s a good thing you aren’t, because I’ve got a little present for you before you go.” So saying, he presented the two of them with five Poké Balls each. “There you go. Now you can go and catch your first five Pokémon. Make them count, kids! Oh, and Ash…” he said, looking at me. “Smell ya later!” Grinning, he ducked back into the lab before I could send back a retort.

I fumed silently for a moment, then said “Alright, you two. Go out there and make your mother and I proud. Just remember that we’re both behind you, every step of the way.” I gave them both a parting hug, then turned and waded back into the crowd (who had all been knocked flat by Ho-Oh’s call, but had since recovered. Before I had gone two steps toward the crowd, though, I heard an excited cry go up behind me, and I sidestepped quickly. Ash and Myst both tore by me (with Pikachu back on Ash’s head), at a speed I didn’t know was possible for a human (then I grinned to myself, recalling times when I had probably run at least as fast), and knocking the crowd in their path aside as they raced toward Route 1. Looking through the cloud of dust in the air after their departure, I thought that they might have actually done more damage to the crowd than Ho-Oh had. Shaking my head and trying not to laugh, I hurried home to tell my wife about what had happened.

James

“Jessie, are you sure we have to keep doing this?”

We were hiding behind a bush near the Pokémon Lab. We had once again been sent to capture Pikachu. And I was tired (and hungry).

“Of course! We can’t stop trying until we finally capture Pikachu! So snap out of it and concentrate on the job at hand!” Jessie, though hissing and slightly upset that I would dare question her, managed to keep her voice down.

“But I’m…”

“I don’t care what you are! Keep focused on what we’re doing here!”

Meowth, who up until now had kept quiet, suddenly whispered “Quick! Cover your ears!”

Unfortunately, Jessie and I were still bickering, and didn’t hear him. Next thing we knew, we were lying flat out on the path, behind a large crowd. Luckily, nobody seemed to spot us. I couldn’t seem to concentrate, or even move, though, so I remained where I was. Eventually the crowd began getting back up, but still nobody looked over at us. I felt slightly angry, because we deserved more attention. After all, we were the great Team Rocket!

However, I still couldn’t move, so I couldn’t redirect the crowd’s attention very well. I did notice Jessie and Meowth lying next to me, though, but they were still unconscious. When I realized this, I was elated. I could take Pikachu myself and become the most favored member of Team Rocket, the boss’s right-hand man…

Suddenly, a cry came from the other side of the crowd. A moment later, two kids came crashing through the crowd. Fortunately, the kids didn’t seem to notice us. Unfortunately, they ran right over us.

“Arrgh!” I cried as I felt both my legs break. I heard similar cries of pain from Jessie and Meowth, but the little twerps didn’t even stop to see what they had stepped on. I tried to jump up to yell at them, but fell right back down. My legs were broken, after all. Jessie and Meowth were both glaring after the kids.

“You touse thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?” Meowth asked.

“You bet we are! Those twerps are going to PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY HAIR!!!!!” Jessie’s hair had also been trampled. Apparently she cared for it more than she did her legs.

I gave a angry groan. “Great thinking process, but how exactly are you suggesting we go after them? We can’t even move.”

Meowth flashed a small grin. “A good Team Rocket member is always prepared for whatever happens!” He pulled out a small remote and pushed a button. A few seconds later, two wheelchairs and a Meowth-sized walker sped up. Robotic arms shot out of them, pulling their occupants-to-be into them, strapping them in. Unfortunately, Jessie was strapped in backwards. The wheelchair she was in apparently noticed its mistake (maybe because she started screaming at it?) and turned her around. The mechas then fixed casts to our legs, for which I was very grateful.

“Time to teach those punky twerps a lesson!” I said. Jessie and Meowth agreed with me, and we took off into the air with the contraptions’ built in rocket boosters. After we reached water, though, I realized that, although we were flying at a tremendous speed, we were going the wrong way. “Oops. About face!” I cried to my companions. We did an abrupt midair U-turn, and sped towards Route 1 to find the two twerps. As we sped along, I got the feeling that this would end up being another long chase...
I know it's considerably shorter than the previous chapter, but please remember that this is only part 1 of 2 parts in this chapter.

Before you ask, Butler, yes, the idea was inspired by your response. And I should say, never think that something will get in the way of Team Rocket, certainly not an injury like legs (or even old age, for that matter).

Anyway, reviews are, as always, appreciated. I hope to get the next chapter up sometime this weekend (but it should be up by Monday at the latest).

Until we meet again...
;150;

Last edited:

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Hopes James's Cacnea has evolved now. Anyhow good chapter THe Pokemon Master and hope to read more.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
fireKP1 said:
Hopes James's Cacnea has evolved now. Anyhow good chapter THe Pokemon Master and hope to read more.
Who says he still has his Cacnea (or Cacturne, if it has evolved)?
Anyway, thanks for the compliment, and I'm glad you like the story.

The Great Butler said:
Very good. Nice humor with Team Rocket, and I'm a fan of the style which cuts chapters into segments by character.
Thank you again for the compliments. Glad you like Team Rocket, too (I'm going to make them a main part of the comedy element). Also, I feel that I should at least let my readers know when I switch points of view and which character is currently telling the story.

Thanks to you both for your insight. I hope the next part of the chapter (which includes the first battle scene) will also entertain and amuse you.

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Part 2 is up. It ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would, so expect a Part 3 (by Monday, hopefully).

Part 2

Myst

As my brother and I raced toward Route 1 and Viridian City, I wondered for a moment what Ho-Oh had been doing back there. I couldn’t remember anything beyond it looking down at us, but I got the feeling that something important had happened between then and recovering my consciousness. Oh well, I thought. If it was really important, someone’ll tell me about it later.

I concentrated on keeping up with my brother. Though the two of us were equally fast, he sometimes could put on just a little more speed and pass me up. I hated it whenever he did that. However, when we reached the edge of town, we both stopped. This path marked the boundary of our world for the ten years of our lives, and it was difficult to get used to the fact that the boundary no longer existed. However, as we looked down the path, we realized that, as Pokémon Trainers, we could essentially travel where we wanted (or at least I did. But looking at my brother’s face, it seemed obvious that he had arrived at the same conclusion). We began walking down the path, and I noticed the great groups of Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow inhabiting the area. It was a wonderful spectacle of nature, and I was already beginning to enjoy myself…

“Pikachu! Get off of my head! I mean it!”

I sighed. Once again, my brother ruined my enjoyment with his personal problems. Although, when I turned to him to tell him politely to keep his problems to himself, I had to struggle to hold in a laugh. Pikachu was on his head, and had apparently attached itself to the hat he was wearing. Ash, meanwhile, was struggling to pull it off without removing his precious hat first. Unfortunately for him, Pikachu didn’t seem to have any intention of letting go anytime this year, and I watched the (fairly) silent, comical struggle with great amusement. However, I got bored standing in one place watching them after about a minute, and interrupted them by saying “Don’t you think we’ve been here long enough? Let’s go.” I began walking towards Viridian City again, listening to the two of them continue their struggle while Ash resumed walking.

We were nearing Viridian City when there was a sudden noise above our heads. It sounded absolutely nothing like any Pidgey or Spearow I had ever heard, so I looked up. Three very unaerodynamic objects were flying through the air at high speed. One appeared to be a walker of some sort, and the other two looked like wheelchairs. Their occupants were even stranger: two people in some kind of uniform in the wheelchairs and a Meowth in the walker. I caught a few words before they rocketed off towards Viridian City.

“…make this thing stop?!?”

“…button, it’ll…”

I shook my head. I could have sworn I had heard the Meowth speaking the last couple of words, but that was impossible. No Pokémon I knew of could talk, not even Dad’s Pikachu (though it didn’t seem to matter. He apparently understood it perfectly). Within a few moments, they were out of sight, and I glanced at my brother. He was staring after them with a frown on his face.

“I don’t know why, but those three gave me a pretty bad feeling,” he muttered.

I silently agreed. I couldn’t quite place it, but something about them made me wonder what they were up to. I shook myself a little to rid myself of the feeling, then started walking again. Ash had already started toward the city, and I hurried to catch up. Naturally, when he heard me catching up, he started walking a little faster. I broke into a run suddenly, and he started sprinting. It ended up being a neck-and neck race to Viridian City, with neither of us gaining a lead. We headed straight towards the first building we saw: the Pokémon Center. Unfortunately, the automatic doors didn’t open quickly enough, and we both smashed straight into them.

“Ow…” was about all I could manage. The doors opened, and we fell through them and onto the floor. I got back up fairly quickly, though, and Ash followed suit, dusting off that blue jacket of his. There were a few people inside the Pokémon Center, but thankfully not too many, just about three. Of the three only two paid us any attention: Nurse Joy, who was behind the counter, and a young boy who looked around my age. He had some pretty nice hair, I found myself noticing, blonde and wavy…

I shook myself again. Snap out of it, girl! I ranted at myself. I forced myself to studiously ignore the kid, who was wearing a green shirt and jeans. He also had two Poké Balls on his belt, indicating that he was a trainer. Looking at Ash, I noticed with a small grin that Pikachu was still on his head, even after that crash. It sure didn’t give up a good spot once it had gotten it. I allowed myself a discreet glance towards the other trainer. He was handing his Poké Balls to Nurse Joy, probably for healing. I noticed a small area for relaxing while waiting, and headed towards it. When Ash failed to follow, I grabbed his shirt and forcibly dragged him to the rest area. I sat down on one of the red couches, and he did the same on the couch across from me.

“What was that for?” He complained. “I was sizing that guy up to see if he’d be a good trainer for a practice battle.”

I sighed. “You don’t even know the guy yet. How do you even know he’s a trainer? And anyway, the only Pokémon you’ve got is Pikachu. He’s got two.”

He glanced at me. “Oh? And you know this because?”

“Umm…” I could feel my face start to redden. “Nevermind. Don’t worry about it.”

“Whatever.” He returned to glaring across the building at the trainer. Pikachu, still balanced on his head (how did it manage that? It must have a grip of steel on that hat), also started glaring at the trainer.

Well, at least there’s a mutual interest there… I thought.

An awkward silence stretched between us. The blonde trainer was just ignoring us, and nothing seemed to be happening. Then, I heard a crash from outside. Everyone in the room looked at the doors, which were the area that seemed closest to the sound. Nurse Joy came running from the back of the Pokémon Center with the trainer’s Pokémon, dropping the tray containing their Poké Balls on the counter. He immediately went and picked them up, while Nurse Joy began moving towards the doors. However, they opened before she got out from behind the counter, admitting two wheelchairs and a walker. I recognized the occupants as the blue-haired man, red-haired woman, and Meowth that we’d seen flying overhead earlier that day. What on earth are they where doing here? I wondered. Neither they nor their devices seemed to be in good shape, though (they all looked like they had crashed into the door. Jeez, that door would need repairs if this kept up. Sure enough, the doors didn’t close, just stayed open with the occasional spark flying from the framework). When they stopped glaring at each other, they began looking through the room, as though searching for something. Their gaze swept over me, my brother and Pikachu. Then, for some reason, they stared at Pikachu, almost as though dazed, before a crafty grin crept over all of their faces. Suddenly, they began to sing out some kind of… well, I’m not too sure what. I could clearly hear every word, though…

“Prepare for trouble from the moving chair!” the red-haired lady sang out.

“Make it double, we’re on a dare!” the blue-haired guy sang after.

“To protect the world from devastation!” trilled Ms. Red.

“To unite all peoples within our nation!” sang Mr. Blue.

“To denounce the evils of truth and love!”

“To extend our reach to the stars above!”

“Jessie!”

“James!”

“Team Rocket wheels off at the speed of light!”

“Surrender now or prepare to fight!”

“Meowth, that’s right!” the Meowth popped into the song.

“Wobbuffet!” for some reason, a Wobbuffet popped out of the woman, no, wait, Jessie’s Poké Ball.

“Chime Chime!” equally oddly, a Chimeco popped out of that guy, no, arrggh, James’s Poké Ball

I didn’t know what to think. I’d heard plenty about Team Rocket from both Dad and Mom, but I’d never actually seen any of them. Now they were sitting in front of me, looking pleased with their crazy song, and I wondered how my parents had kept sane on their journey with these three loony tunes chasing them. I also recalled that they had always been trying to steal Pikachu, which at least explained… Oh. They had no way of knowing that this Pikachu wasn’t the one they’d been chasing after. Or maybe they had, and figured they’d settle for this one, since both it and its trainer were so inexperienced. Either way, I was getting slightly worried. No matter how clearly I understood that they were bunglers, they had years and years of experience under their (slightly worn-out) uniforms. Ash and I had just started. Suddenly, my train of thought was interrupted by my brother.

“What are you three doing here?!?! Aren’t you after my dad’s Pikachu?”

“That was then, little twerpo,” said Jessie. “But this is now. We’re gonna take your Pikachu first, then get go after the big twerp’s Pikachu. So hand it over!”

“No way! You’re not taking my Pikachu if I have anything to say about it!” Despite his differences with his Pikachu, he’d apparently become very protective of it. I smiled, thinking that at times like these, he was a brother I admired and respected.

“Hey! Little girl sitting by the twerp! What’re ya grinning about, huh?!?” yelled the Meowth. I flinched, not quite used to a Pokémon being able to talk. “Wait a minute… You’re the other twerp that ran us over!”

“What’re you going on about, Meowth?” Jessie asked. “Wait a minute… You there! Girl on the couch! You’re that twerp that ran us over and RUINED MY HAIRSTYLE!!!”

“That’s what I just pointed out, Jessie…” Meowth muttered.

This time, I recoiled from the absolutely vicious expression on Jessie’s face. I could understand some anger about her hair, but I at least would have thought she’d be a little more worried about her legs. They looked like they’d taken a sound thrashing.

“Jessie, why are you still so mad about your hair?” James seemed genuinely curious. “And why are you both shouting at that poor little… WAIT A MINUTE! You… you… you’re that twerp who ran us over!”

“Thanks for pointing that out right after me, Captain Obvious!” Jessie snapped.

“Hey! You didn’t even notice her until after I pointed it out!” growled Meowth.

“Ah, what does it matter, anyway? These two twerps are still here, and we might as well take the both of their Pokémon instead of just Pikachu.” James seemed to be making an attempt at bringing the Team back together again. Unfortunately, he succeeded.

“Time to steal!” they all shouted.

“Now hold it right there.” My brother had gotten up and taken a couple of steps towards them. “If you think you can just take our Pokémon, you’ve got another thing coming! Come on, Myst, we can take these punks!”

I bounded up beside him. “You’ve got that right! Come on, let’s go already!”

“Ahahahahahahaha! Hahahahaha! You two actually think you’ve got a chance? This match’ll be so easy, we should make a clean sweep and take all the Pokémon in the Pokémon Center!” laughed Jessie. “Bring it, twerps!”

“You know, Jessie, I think you’re right for once!” James said. “Alright, let’s go!”

“Hang on a second.” A new voice floated across the room. I turned to see the blonde trainer come walking across the room. “I don’t know who the heck you three think you are, but you can’t just come into the Pokémon Center and carry off whatever you want!”

“Oh really? And who’s going to stop us, you? Don’t make me laugh, you’re a rookie who’s just starting out, too, or you’d have more than just two Pokémon.” Meowth observed. “Unless you’ve got some invisible Poké Tricks up your sleeve?”

Team Rocket (all three) practically fell over laughing.

“Oh, come on. That has got to be the lamest excuse for a joke that I have ever heard.” the blonde trainer said. He glanced at the two of us. “Well, are you two going to back up your challenge or what?”

I reddened slightly, grabbed my Poké Ball from my belt, enlarged it, and tossed it, saying “Time for battle, Staryu! Come on out!”

“Heh. A Staryu, huh? Pretty nice for a first Pokémon, I guess.” He tossed his head, allowing his semi-long hair to do a neat little ripple effect. For some reason, it also gave off a flash of light. “Time for me to make my move! Go, Eevee and Eevee!”

His two Poké Balls burst open, releasing two little brown furry balls of cuteness! I wanted so badly to run over to one of them, pick it up, and cuddle it, but I managed to restrain myself. Looking over at Ash, I saw that Pikachu had finally released its death grip on his hat and was in a fairly impressive battle stance. Just the sight of it standing there, paws clenched and sparks flying from its cheeks (not to mention the look on its face), was rather inspiring.

“Fine, we’ll take you on! Four on four! Mr. Mime, Chimecho, go!” James said, releasing a jolly-looking Mr. Mime from a Poké Ball. The Mr. Mime immediately turned around and hugged its trainer, while he cried “Not again, Mr. Mime! I told you, not in the middle of a battle!”

“Alright, time to kick this battle off with Arbok! You too, Wobbuffet, you’ve done enough lazing around.” Jessie called out her big purple snake Pokémon and the Wobbuffet that had popped out earlier.

“Myst, you ready to try out some of our strategies?” my brother asked.

“Sure am! Staryu, start this off with a Water Gun!” I cried.

“Pikachu hit the Water Gun with a Thundershock!” he ordered.

Staryu fired the Water Gun at Arbok, but Pikachu missed it with the Thundershock. While the Water Gun connected, Arbok seemed to just shrug off the attack. I gritted my teeth. We should have practiced before, I guess. It’s a little too late now, though.

“Hahahahaha! THAT’s your idea of an attack combination? Pathetic. Watch a real master at work, missy. Arbok, use Poison Sting on Wobbuffet, and Wobbuffet, use Counter to reflect it at the Staryu!” Jessie trilled.

Arbok reared its head and fired numerous glowing needles at Wobbuffet, which had started to glow yellow. The attack reflected straight towards Staryu, and it seemed like the needles were coming twice as fast. I looked on in horror before realizing something. “Staryu, try to dodge the attack!” I yelled. Staryu tried to comply, but the order had come too late, and the needles peppered it, knocking it out. “Staryu, are you all right?” I cried. “I’m so sorry… return!” I looked at the Poké Ball that now contained my friend and thought to myself, They’re too good for us. There’s no way we can win.

“Great, we’re down to three now…” That was the blonde kid. “Oh, and by the way…” He glanced at me and then at Ash. “My name’s Lawrence IV. It just struck me that I hadn’t introduced myself properly. Alright, Eevee and Eevee, double Tackle attack that Mr. Mime!”

One of the Eevee jumped onto the other, then they began what almost looked like a Rollout attack towards the Mr. Mime. Watching them, though, I saw that they were using their combined muscle power to move at a speed that they could never have achieved on their own.

“Ha! That’s almost not even worth trying to deflect,” James drawled. “But we might as well. Mr. Mime, use Barrier!”

Mr. Mime but its hands out in front of it, and seemed to be feeling an invisible wall. “No! Eevee, both of you, stop!” Lawrence cried frantically. However, once again, the order came too late. The speed at which the Eevee were going when they crashed into the invisible wall of psychic energy caused them both to faint. “No… how can this be happening… Eevee and Eevee, return…” He looked at his Poké Balls sadly. “I’m sorry, guys,” he whispered.

Now it was Ash who was battling alone. “Alright, Pikachu, we can do this. Use Thundershock on the Chimecho!” Pikachu launched a nice-sized bolt of lightning at the small bell Pokémon.

James yawned. “Chimecho, use Psychic…”

Chimecho obliged, and the electricity Pikachu had launched came straight back at it, knocking it out.

"No... Pikachu..." Ash looked devastated.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We won!” exclaimed Meowth, Jessie, and James. “We finally won another battle! YES!!!”

“Now,” said Jessie, turning to us again. “Time for you to hand over your Pokémon. Do it now and we won’t have to hurt you.”
Reviews are, as always, welcome.

Until we meet again...
;150;

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Nice always wanted to see Team Rocket get a better edge at least once. I have no idea how they are going to get out of this.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Wow, good work! Team Rocket finally winning a battle, and without blatant cheating? I'm stunned. I did like Jessie's combo with Wobbuffet and Arbok, and I assume James's Mr. Mime evolved from the Manene he got in the Frontier saga.

Lawrence IV? Could he be.....the son of Lawrence III? Now I'm even more intrigued.....

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
This is a nice fic that you are writing. You have a great start to it. I can see that you put in a lot of effort to write this. I like the little sibling rivalry you put between Ash and Myst, very realistic. Could this Lawrence the IV be the son of Lawrence III? Interesting...
Its great to see Team Rocket again.
“Hey! Little girl sitting by the twerp! What’re ya grinning about, huh?!?” yelled the Meowth. I flinched, not quite used to a Pokémon being able to talk. “Wait a minute… You’re the other twerp that ran us over!”

“What’re you going on about, Meowth?” Jessie asked. “Wait a minute… You there! Girl on the couch! You’re that twerp that ran us over and RUINED MY HAIRSTYLE!!!”

“That’s what I just pointed out, Jessie…” Meowth muttered.

This time, I recoiled from the absolutely vicious expression on Jessie’s face. I could understand some anger about her hair, but I at least would have thought she’d be a little more worried about her legs. They looked like they’d taken a sound thrashing.

“Jessie, why are you still so mad about your hair?” James seemed genuinely curious. “And why are you both shouting at that poor little… WAIT A MINUTE! You… you… you’re that twerp who ran us over!”

“Thanks for pointing that out right after me, Captain Obvious!” Jessie snapped.

“Hey! You didn’t even notice her until after I pointed it out!” growled Meowth.

Same old Team Rocket... How did Jessie get Arbok back? What happened to Seviper? Do they all get their old pokemon back? Well I smell puppy love between Lawrence and Myst! ^^ I would really like to see how this Fic progresses. You can expect reviews from me. Until next time!

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
fireKP1 said:
Nice always wanted to see Team Rocket get a better edge at least once. I have no idea how they are going to get out of this.
You're not meant to *just* yet. And hey, we're talking massive experience differences here, and Team Rocket's not quite dense enough to not realize that.

The Great Butler said:
Wow, good work! Team Rocket finally winning a battle, and without blatant cheating? I'm stunned. I did like Jessie's combo with Wobbuffet and Arbok, and I assume James's Mr. Mime evolved from the Manene he got in the Frontier saga.
You assume correctly! Also, like I already said, there is a huge difference in experience here. Team Rocket's had experience with pretty much every kind of Pokemon by now, and even in a three-on-two match, the odds were stacked in their favor (remember that all three of the kids are beginner trainers). About the combo, Jessie just figured that the best way to use Wobbuffet would not be to reflect the opponent's attacks (since they would be too weak to reflect well). Thanks again for the compliment!

Charizard722 said:
This is a nice fic that you are writing. You have a great start to it. I can see that you put in a lot of effort to write this. I like the little sibling rivalry you put between Ash and Myst, very realistic. Its great to see Team Rocket again.

Same old Team Rocket... How did Jessie get Arbok back? What happened to Seviper? Do they all get their old pokemon back? Well I smell puppy love between Lawrence and Myst! ^^ I would really like to see how this Fic progresses. You can expect reviews from me. Until next time!
Yay! Another reader who responds! This deserves cookies! Of an Unown origin!
;201-a;;201-b;;201-c;;201-d;;201-e;;201-f;;201-g;;201-h;;201-i;;201-j;;201-k;;201-l;;201-m;;201-n;;201-o;;201-p;;201-q;;201-r;;201-s;;201-t;;201-u;;201-v;;201-w;;201-x;;201-y;;201-z;
Anyway, thanks, I'm glad you like it. The sibling rivalry is a nifty little part of the story I put in. Realistic, though, is a marvelous compliment . ^^
Team Rocket. Heh. I have a great many ideas for their plans later, and the Team Rocket silliness will, as always, be present. Jessie got Arbok back during their eternal chase of Ash's Pikachu (for lack of a better explanation). Also, I didn't necessarily show you all of Team Rocket's pokemon in this chapter.
Lawrence and Myst are going to be fun to develop. I will give you one thing, though: Lawrence is going to show up fairly frequently.

The Great Butler said:
Lawrence IV? Could he be.....the son of Lawrence III? Now I'm even more intrigued.....
Charizard722 said:
Could this Lawrence the IV be the son of Lawrence III? Interesting...
You two catch on quickly. I make no promises, however.

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
And now, the long-awaited conclusion of Chapter 1!

Part 3

Ash

“No… Pikachu…”

When Pikachu fainted, I ran up to it and picked it up. Despite it being an annoyance to me for quite some time recently, I had already grown very close to it. Seeing it knocked out by its own attack was a blow to me, as well as my poor Pokemon. Now, I knew that these goons were going to separate me from my buddy, and who knew when we’d ever meet again? A tear leaked from my eye as I thought of how lonely I’d be.

“Alright Mr. Lawrence, hand over the Eevee! Both of them! They’re very rare Pokemon, and they’ll make a great present for the Boss.” I could hear what was going on around me, but only very faintly. I wasn’t paying much attention except to my Pikachu’s battered body.

“Come and get them, then!”

“Fine! Arbok, go take his Poke Balls!”

“No! Give them… give them back!”

“Why should we? We’re here to steal your Pokemon, and there’s nothing any of you can do about it. Arbok, go get that girl’s Poke Ball, too.”

“Get away from me you big… snake!! NO!! Give me back my Staryu!”

“Weren’t you listening, twerp? We’re here to steal, not to hand out presents. Now, time to get the Pikachu.”

That cut through my grief. I stood up quietly. “Over my dead body,” I whispered.

“That can be arranged, though it would be regrettable. Arbok, Poison Sting!”

The purple snake turned to me and released a volley of bright needles. They struck me and knocked me flying into the wall. “Unh…” I grunted as the impact knocked the breath out of me. Pain ripped through me, and I realized that another barrage had hit me.

“Had enough yet, twerp? Or do you still want more?” Jessie was laughing maliciously.

Suddenly, I felt Pikachu stir in my arms. “You all right, buddy?” I managed to gasp. Pikachu looked at me, and for some reason seemed shocked. “What’s the matter, Pikachu?” I asked. For some reason, though, it just stared at me. Then I realized that the whole room had gone quiet. I looked around, and saw Team Rocket, their Pokemon, Lawrence, and even Myst all staring at me, eyes wide. “Um, guys? What’s wrong?” I struggled to get back to my feet, and then I suddenly realized that I was hovering in midair! Great, I thought. One of their Psychic Pokemon must be about to start slamming me into the wall. I tensed, bracing for impact, but none came. Curious, I looked towards James’s Chimecho and Mr. Mime. Neither of them seemed to be doing anything, however, and neither was glowing blue (something I had noticed when Chimecho had used Psychic and when Mr. Mime had used Barrier). On closer inspection, they seemed to be… cowering?!? Why would two Psychic Pokemon have any reason to be afraid of me? Then I remembered that all the people (and Pokemon) in the room were staring at me. Is there something on me that they’re scared of? Or maybe something behind me… However, when I turned to look, there was nothing there, just the open door. I glanced down at myself, and with sudden shock realized that I was glowing. It wasn’t a blue psychic glow, either. It was a golden aura that gently filled the room. As I wondered how I hadn’t seen it before, a sudden thought occurred to me. This must be why the Pokemon seem so scared! But why?

Still clueless, I searched my mind for any hidden details that might inform me. While I didn’t stumble across any helpful memories, I did find an odd… something in my mind. It pulsed a little, but it was so slow and insignificant that I almost didn’t even notice. Suddenly, I realized that (in my mind’s eye) the thing (it was slightly spherical in shape, so I decided to call it the sphere) had a small indent on it. I moved closer, intrigued, and discovered that the indent was the exact shape and size of my hand. Well, what harm can it do? I thought as I pressed my hand into the indent. Instantly, the entire sphere glowed brilliantly, and my mind was flooded with many things that were complete mysteries to me. These things rushed into my mental being, and I felt my real body shudder.

My eyes snapped open. I felt incredibly strong, stronger than I had felt, well, ever! I could feel some kind of power resting inside me, a power that urged me to use it. I cautiously took the power (whatever it was) and focused it. At least, I tried, but for some reason it didn’t work. Maybe I need to use it on something… I looked around and decided on Team Rocket. Focusing the power again, I felt it surge out of me, and suddenly Team Rocket and their Pokemon glowed blue and rose into the air. Whoa, wait a minute. I’m no psychic. How am I doing this? I decided to test it a little and focused again, trying to send Team Rocket flying away. Whatever I did, something must have gone right, because Team Rocket crashed through the ceiling and went flying off to who knows where. I heard them yelling as they went…

“What?!! How did we get sent packing? We won that battle! That’s no fair!” That was Jessie.

“Well, it looks like old times, almost. We’re always beaten in the end.” James replied.

“Yeah. Let’s hope we land near a rest home, ‘cause my walker sure needs a break!” Meowth said.

“Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off agaaaaiiiiiin…” they all yelled as they flew out of hearing range.

As I turned to smile at my companions, I realized that they were still staring at me, but now their mouths were hanging open as well. Then I remembered that I was still hovering above the ground, and quickly focused on myself to land. As I touched down, I suddenly felt all the power that had filled me just moments before vanish, and with it went my strength. I crumpled to the ground, feeling exhausted, and I thought I heard a distant voice saying Not bad for a first try… as blackness crept over my vision.

“Ash? Ash, come on, please wake up!”

I opened my eyes slowly. Where am I? I wondered. The first thing I saw was Myst standing over me.

“GAH!!” I yelled. I saw her jump back very quickly, and I sat up. Then I noticed Pikachu looking up at me with an expression of pure joy.

“PIKA!” it cried, and jumped onto my shoulder. It was very obviously happy, which made me smile because the only other times I had seen it happy were when it was deliberately being a nuisance. Now it seemed to be happy to just see me well.

“Hey, little buddy, slow down a minute!” I grinned as I said this, because Pikachu was doing some kind of dance on me, jumping from shoulder to shoulder. It finally stopped on one shoulder, looking at me questioningly. I wondered what it might want for a moment, then thought of something. “Do you want to stay on my shoulder while we travel now?” Pikachu nodded. “Ok, you can! I don’t mind.”

A small cough came from Myst. She was still watching me anxiously. “Are you alright, Ash?”

“Of course I am. Why?”

“Well, you’ve been in bed for two days now, and I was starting to get worried.”

Ah. Wait, I’ve been in bed for how long?! I thought. “Wait a minute… where’d Lawrence go?”

I saw Myst’s face redden slightly. “He left the morning after Team Rocket showed up. He said he didn’t believe that last part of the battle, and claimed that his two Eevee had done the job. Team Rocket dropped the Poke Balls, so they didn’t manage to take off with any of our Pokemon.”

I frowned, trying to remember what she was talking about. Then it all came flooding back. Team Rocket in their wheelchairs and walker, being defeated with such ease, being attacked by Arbok, and finally whatever it was that I had done. I managed a smile and said “Well, at least, they didn’t pull off their plan. That’s a good thing.”

Myst gave me a worried look. “I’m just hoping that whatever you did doesn’t hurt you permanently. I don’t know what it is you did, or if you even know how to use it, but please, don’t do that again unless it’s a desperate situation. Please… I don’t want to lose you…”

As tears filled her eyes, I was reminded that, despite any appearances to the contrary, she truly did care for me, at least as much as I cared for her. It was just something we both knew, a mutual brother-sister affection that could see us through just about anything. However, neither of us really let that show too much, and I said (gently) “Don't worry, I don't think I even know how to do that at all." This was the truth. I had no clue how it had happened at all. "Come on, Myst. If you start crying, you know I’ll follow suit. And if I start as well, we’ll end up bawling the day away.” She nodded, and I began to stand up as she wiped her eyes. After I’d gotten my gear together (basically my backpack and jacket), I said to Pikachu (which was still on my shoulder) “Are you ready, Pikachu?”

“Pika-pika-pikachu!”
Yes, I do realize that it is rather short. However, please realize that this is Part 3 of Chapter 1, and the other two were pretty long. I'll make the next one long to compensate.
Hope you enjoy it. The next chapter should be up tomorrow, but it may get postponed until Tuesday.

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Wow, I finished this a lot sooner than I thought. Nobody's even posted about last one. Oh well, who's complaining? Now presenting Chapter 2!
Chapter 2: In the Shadows

Part 1

Giovanni

I reclined in my regained office in the Viridian Gym, petting Persian and sipping a glass of wine. I tried to keep my impatience from surfacing, keeping a calm, cool attitude. I had been forced out of the Gym some thirty years ago, when that fool Agatha had decided to retire from the Elite Four. Unfortunately, my record as a Gym Leader had not been as spotless as it should have been, something that the old hag had been very quick to pick up.

I smirked to myself. I wouldn’t have to worry about her anymore. Her “accident” fifteen years ago had seen to that. I had waited for fifteen long years more before the Pokémon League, desperate for a Viridian Gym Leader, had pleaded with me to take the job again. The Pokémon League had since begun functioning normally again, and I was back where I was supposed to be. In the Viridian Gym.

A small light blinking on my chair’s armrest notified me that my informant was ready. I had recently discovered an abandoned laboratory on an island south of Kanto. Evidence found there implied that it had been a cloning facility, with a massive stadium built on top. However, my informant, a trusted right-hand agent of Team Rocket, had discovered another, smaller laboratory underneath the foundations of the one I had discovered. It too had apparently been a cloning facility, but some of the information gathered here might end my search for the ultimate Pokémon once and for all.

I pushed the blinking button, and a hologram screen appeared in front of me. My agent was on it, and judging from her surroundings, she was in the small laboratory.

“Well?” I asked, unable to conceal all of my eagerness. “Did you find it?”

“I did. The lab records were mostly intact, and they contain the information you require.” Her voice was matter-of-fact and fairly high-pitched. Yet some of her own eagerness had also crept into her voice.

“Good. Let me hear it.”

“A number of years ago, the team of scientists working in this lab found a fossilized remnant of Mew. Apparently under your orders, Boss, they decided to clone the remnant to create the ultimate Pokémon in terms of power. They named this project Mewtwo. The initial experiment was successful, and Mewtwo was created. Not satisfied with a mere clone, they began to attempt to make Mewtwo even more powerful. After some years of various experiments with its DNA, they arrived at the ultimate formation. However, when they compared its DNA to that of Mew’s, it was exactly the same. Unfortunately, during the course of their experiments, Mewtwo had attained a physical identity vastly different than that of Mew. They kept it inside its cloning chamber, but one day it awoke from its chemical-induced slumber. It broke the chamber, and began destroying the lab.” She had been reading from a screen to her side during the course of this narration. She then turned back to me and continued. “The records end there. It is safe to assume that Mewtwo left none alive.”

I allowed myself a small smile. “Thank you. You have fulfilled your duties admirably. You may return to headquarters.”

“Yes, sir!” She replied with a salute.

I pressed the button again, and the holographic image disappeared. Mewtwo… I thought, stroking Persian. Though I remember nothing of ordering your creation, I believe that I did. Somehow, you eluded my grasp. You shall be mine…

???

I paced my office in the headquarters, reflecting on the past years. They sometimes seemed to blur together, and I needed to take some time every now and then to recap and make sure that I lost none of my memories or plans.

After taking my leave of Team Rocket (partly because I had betrayed the big bad Boss, and partly because I was in jail), I had decided to go somewhere where nobody knew me, to give myself a clean slate and a fresh start. I settled for Orre. The land was one big desert, sure, but it was far enough removed from both Kanto and Johto that I would be completely anonymous.

After my arrival, I discovered that the land had a criminal organization of its own, named Cipher, that had recently been broken up for the second time. I sensed a wondrous opportunity, and sought out the former top leaders of Cipher. I freed them when they were locked up, and I managed to rescue two men, Evice and Nascour. I also found a man named Ardos. I convinced them to help me bring Cipher back from the ashes for a second time, finding them surprisingly agreeable. They had recruited most of their former Admins, and slowly Cipher began to rise again.

I had managed to convince them not to go back to their Shadow Pokémon plan, pointing out that Orre was far too watchful for any Shadow Pokémon to be produced without the inevitable collapse of Cipher. However, they had proved very devoted to their Shadow Pokémon, and I had to demonstrate my own plan for Pokémon before they came around. They agreed that it would be much safer to achieve their overall goal with my method, and it was similar enough to Shadow Pokémon to qualify as a good substitute. For some reason, though, they insisted that when the plan had finished, we begin producing Shadow Pokémon. I had accepted these terms, and now, three years later, Cipher was very quietly achieving its former glory.

However, there was one thing I required for the plan to reach perfection. The one thing I had fallen in love with from Cipher’s past, that would make my plan unstoppable. I needed the Snag Machine. I had dispatched a messenger to Gonzap, the leader of the dysfunctional and broken Team Snagem, to obtain the blueprints for this wondrous device.

With just one of them, I could easily create more, equip every last member of Cipher with one, and send them into the world to steal every Pokémon they could find. And using my own secret type of Poké Ball, they would succeed every time. Then I would have my revenge. Oh, yes, I would make them pay. I would make them all pay. Especially that kid who had ruined my glorious triumph all those years ago. I laughed silently. Giovanni, kid, neither of you have any idea what I have in store for you…

My office door opened. There stood my messenger, panting slightly, but with a triumphant grin on his face. In his hand, he held the thing I had longed for for the last three years. The Snag Machine was mine at last.

???

In a remote area of the Orange Islands, I had established a headquarters of sorts. At the moment, I was the only one residing there. My wife had died some years ago, and my son had left on a journey to become a Pokémon Trainer. However, I was confident that he would return. After all, the two of us shared a dream: to one day see the world’s Legendary Pokémon arrayed before us, to train, battle, or just admire as we saw fit.

I had been constructing a massive flying sphere to aid us in our quest, and I had paid attention to every detail of it, from its external armor, resistant to every known Pokémon attack, to its lush, beautiful interior, perfect for admiring the many possessions I had acquired. It was self-sufficient, simply using the air and solar energy as fuel, with a byproduct of exactly what it used (obviously not including the solar energy). It was also equipped with an incredible arsenal of Pokémon capturing and weakening devices.

I had developed a special method of capture for Legendary Pokémon, since a simple Poké Ball (of any kind) would have almost no chance of even containing a Legendary Pokémon. Those that did would still be fairly easy for the Pokémon to break out of. So a new method of capture was needed. And I had developed a tremendously powerful capture device. All it required was a person who knew how to use them, as well as a machine that could actually use them to their fullest potential. And I now had both. All I had to do was wait for my son to return, as a great and powerful trainer, and the two of us would rise in the eyes of the world as the two legendary figures who tamed the legends of the world.

I had collected as much data as was possible on each Legendary Pokémon and fed it all into my true stronghold’s (the sphere that would bring my dream to fruition) computer. The computer had then come up with more results, each filled with logic. The legends of each of the Pokémon, however, I kept to myself for private study. One such legend had spoiled my entire plan a long time ago, and I had vowed to myself to never make that kind of a mistake again.

As I settled down in my chair, I smiled. The world would know me for my legendary captures, but I would be quite satisfied with merely fulfilling my destiny.

Meowth

Oh, my aching head… I thought.

After flying through the air for pretty long time, we had landed in a thicket. Unfortunately, the said thicket contained more than a few thorns. We had crawled out of it, feeling pretty miserable. Then, Jessie had started complaining about how we won that battle against the twerps. James had joined in soon after. None of the other Pokémon were outside of their Poké Balls, so I kept out of the shouting that the two were engaged in.

I sighed. They were, after all, humans, so it was alright that they hadn’t recognized what I had that night. I had put the facts together and realized that Ho-Oh must have given the twerps the Blessing of the Legends. However, though every Pokémon knew this legend, they all knew to never reveal it to humans, otherwise they would find a way to exploit it.

Which was exactly why I would never tell about it, even to the two humans who had been my companions for so many years. It was too great a power to risk it not being solely in the hands of the human who was not the Chosen One. Although the Chosen One wouldn’t be able to fully control or understand the power unless he (or she) managed to meet and converse with each of the Pokémon that had contributed their powers to the blessing. Due to this requirement, none of the previous Chosen Ones had managed to wield the power with any degree of control. It had been erratic and, at times, catastrophic. Although all of this was common knowledge to all Pokémon, no Pokémon that I knew of had known why this blessing took place every time the Chosen One’s time was up (or when they died, which hadn’t happened very often).

My companions seemed to be finishing their rant. Well, at least we still have a chance of stealing their Pokémon, I thought. After all, he can’t control his power yet, so he can’t rely on it at all.

“Well, let’s get to work on our plan to capture those twerps’ Pokémon!” exclaimed James.

“I was just about to suggest that. Anyway, here’s my plan…” said Jessie in an annoyed tone. Once again, she had simply taken over the plans.

“Why do you always have to get it your way, Jessie?” I asked. “Your plans don’t work half the time, anyway.”

“Be quiet, you! This one is great! It won’t fail, especially against those two. See, this is what we’ll do…”

When I heard the strategy, I had to admit that it would be very effective. We immediately began working on the various contraptions we would need to pull it off.
Hey, you got two things to read instead of one! Lucky you (kinda makes up for Chapter 1, Part 3 being so short)! Reviews are appreciated, as always. Hope you like the introduction of three of the villains of the story (I am going to call ??? a villain simply because he doesn't bother considering the consequences of capturing the Legendary Pokemon).

Until we meet again...
;150;

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Very, very good. Even so, I already know who the second ??? is. It's [SPOIL]Lawrence III.[/SPOIL]

I don't know who the first ??? is, but it's always nice to see a fic include Orre and Cipher. Keep up the good work!

(gives a slice of Butler Empire banquet cake)

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Sorry, forgot to mention that this is Part 1 of Chapter 2. Not all the villains have been revealed (as ???s or otherwise) just yet... (no guarantees that they will all be revealed by the end of the chapter, either)

The Great Butler said:
Very, very good. Even so, I already know who the second ??? is. [SPOIL]It's Lawrence III.[/SPOIL]

I don't know who the first ??? is, but it's always nice to see a fic include Orre and Cipher. Keep up the good work!

(gives a slice of Butler Empire banquet cake)
Cake is good. *eats cake voraciously*

Your guess to the second ??? is... not to be answered yet. Muahahaha.

I'm glad you like the placement of ??? #1. It's really the only place I could think of for him to fit (and I really wanted to include him. He's a great villain).

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Really liked your story so far Pokemon Master! Liked how you interperted each character's point of view and still manage to flow the story very well. For example, you put from Myst's point of view of how Myst, Ash, and Lawrence lost the battle to Team Rocket and then Ash's point of view of when he started to have this wierd psychic power of some sort. Usually when a writer tries to do a story with more then one character's point of view, the readers then to get bored of those kind of stories a little because of how the smame event will be repeated over and over again by different characters. Luckily you stir away from repetition. Can't wait to read more of this story!

Last edited: