• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legacy Continues

Torkoal

What? Exactly
Very good. Keep it up TPM. My only advice would be that the last chapter seems kinda chopy, and the battle is kinda confusing, sorry.

Helpful Critic

Chosen One....
Oh well I am too late. As always with these puzzles. *sniff* *wipes tear* Oh well maybe I can get here soon enough next time. :) The chapter was gine. I liked how you included Glacion. Is one of his next pokemon going to be Leafia?

pokeboy sarab

...mmm...hot!
man i just finished reading from chapter one continous and your story rocks but one question in glaceon's sprite it doesn't seem to have a horn

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Divinity_123 said:
Zomg, I started a Cliché by guessing Gengar! LOLZ! The feast was amazing TPM, and btw, you better not post too quickly because we want you to make the chapters worth while. But can you give me an approximate guess on when it is going to be up?
Hehe. That'll happen a lot, actually, if you get the right answer... And I'm glad you enjoyed your reward! Don't worry about my taking my time, though, the next few days are all but shot to pieces for writing time (unfortunately). Still, after that I should have plenty of time to write, so it'll probably be finished in about four days or so.

Torkoal said:
Very good. Keep it up TPM. My only advice would be that the last chapter seems kinda chopy, and the battle is kinda confusing, sorry.
Thanks! And I've realized that, on reflection and much rereading, it could have been written much better (at least back when I was still writing at maniacal speeds, something I'd really like to start again). It's quite alright to post criticism, too, you know! If I'm only given positive reviews, even when my Chapter Parts aren't quite up to par, I'll eventually start to really slip (probably). And I don't want that.

Helpful Critic said:
Oh well I am too late. As always with these puzzles. *sniff* *wipes tear* Oh well maybe I can get here soon enough next time. :) The chapter was gine. I liked how you included Glacion. Is one of his next pokemon going to be Leafia?
Maybe... I think part of the fault for that is my own, since I have no real schedule for my Chapter Parts. Perhaps I can set one up soon... Hope you make it to the next one! And I'm glad you enjoyed the Chapter Part, too. Leafia (I have a hunch that its English name will be Leafeon) might show up on his team, but remember that he's only got two more Eevee to evolve, and there are three total (known) Eeveelutions.

pokeboy sarab said:
man i just finished reading from chapter one continous and your story rocks but one question in glaceon's sprite it doesn't seem to have a horn
Welcome, new reader! I'm glad you like the story so far. And in answer to your question...
I am well aware that Glaceon's image doesn't have a horn. However, if you compare the evolution requirements stated in Serebii's Pokédex to the way Lawrence's Eevee actually evolved, I'm sure you'll find a difference. ;) I won't go into detail yet (that's for in-story revelations), but rest assured that there is an explanation for its differences.

And for those of you who want to know...
A new character's POV is introduced, one to whom Giovanni makes a special delivery...

Another tournament begins, near where Ash (Jr.) and Myst are...

...And that's all I'll tell you!

Until we meet again...
;150;

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Sorry I took so long Pokemon Master! Dang school...>.>

Anyways, great chapter part. The battle is nicely written though a little confusing at times. It's okay. It's hard to manage to do a battle with six people doing it at the same time. Heck, I am had a hard time doing the double battles in my story! ^.^;;; Oh yeah, Glaceon's enterance is great. The way it leaped and smirked is just...some boss work! =D

Also, hm so Givoanni caught Mewtwo again? Sorry about asking that question. I don't quite remember how he did that. If I missed something, tell me. Hope that's not much trouble. ^O^;;;

Another thing,

So, I skimmed through your replies and you said one of Lawarance's teams will be of your creation. So I guess one Eevee will be either Espeon, Umberon, or Leafia and the other Eevee will be your own creation? o_O

Sorry if this is not a great review. My mind is a little tired after doing a lot of college work. Well, hope I will make it for the next chapter!

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Bay said:
Sorry I took so long Pokemon Master! Dang school...>.>

Anyways, great chapter part. The battle is nicely written though a little confusing at times. It's okay. It's hard to manage to do a battle with six people doing it at the same time. Heck, I am had a hard time doing the double battles in my story! ^.^;;; Oh yeah, Glaceon's enterance is great. The way it leaped and smirked is just...some boss work! =D

Also, hm so Givoanni caught Mewtwo again? Sorry about asking that question. I don't quite remember how he did that. If I missed something, tell me. Hope that's not much trouble. ^O^;;;

Another thing,

So, I skimmed through your replies and you said one of Lawarance's teams will be of your creation. So I guess one Eevee will be either Espeon, Umberon, or Leafia and the other Eevee will be your own creation? o_O

Sorry if this is not a great review. My mind is a little tired after doing a lot of college work. Well, hope I will make it for the next chapter!
That's quite all right... though I know I'm not in any position to talk...

I had mixed feelings about the way the battle came out (it's a bit more confusing than I would have liked), but I suppose you're right. And I'm glad you liked Glaceon!

Yes, Giovanni has (once again) recaptured Mewtwo. Although the method hasn't been revealed specifically, everyone should be able to puzzle it out if they look back over a couple of areas... like the pre-capture Giovanni POV and Mewtwo's battle...

Nice thinking! And probably correct, too, assuming he keeps to his Eevee pattern. Which he doesn't show many signs of doing yet. I'll keep you in the dark about the mystery creation of mine, but there's an interesting pattern among all the real Eeveelutions that shouldn't be too hard to spot...

And that's quite all right! Not all reviews have to be spectacular, you know.

Now to address the situation of my fiction...

I am truly sorry for the delay, and I'm afraid that I'll have to make everyone wait for some time longer (I'm not sure exactly how long). Personal matters have literally kept me off of any computer for more than one or two minutes at a time for the last few weeks, and I am unsure of when this might end. Really, I'm lucky to just have found time to write this reply. Anyway, I'm apologize, but this is on a temporary hiatus, though I'm hoping for it to end soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Until we meet again...
;150;

Diddy

Renegade
Great story, and this lawrence fella is my kinda guy, he knows great pokemon, you can't exactly go wrong with a whole team of Eeveelutions, great stats and they look cool. Just hope this new Eeveelution you cooking up is awesome, seeing as dark and electric have gone, Ghost is the way to go.

Keep it up and don't rush your work.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
All right, here I am again! Haven't been here for a while, but my life has decided that there can't be any room in it for fictions. Screw that, I say. Anyway, replies! Hooray!

soul of legonds said:
Hi im back and not much new here. As for a new evee i say "Drakeon" the dragon evee yay.
*evil grin* Guesses are always welcome, though as usual I'll leave you guessing for a while yet. Glad to see somebody's taking an interest in it, though!

Diddy said:
Great story, and this lawrence fella is my kinda guy, he knows great pokemon, you can't exactly go wrong with a whole team of Eeveelutions, great stats and they look cool. Just hope this new Eeveelution you cooking up is awesome, seeing as dark and electric have gone, Ghost is the way to go.
Diddy said:
Keep it up and don't rush your work.
A new reviewer! Hooray! *gives cookie* Thanks, I really don't get many new reviewers anymore (length probably has something to do with it).

Glad you like Lawrence! And I agree about the Eeveelutions being very good, especially in a team. What one might fall against, another can take out fairly easily. And I think you'll enjoy the new one when it shows itself... which, I might add, is not likely to be anytime in the near future. Still, guesses are good, and I'm glad that you like the story so far!

And don't worry about me rushing; I think being too slow with the updates is my problem. ;)

Actually, I am finished with one of the two POVs I had planned for the next Chapter Part, and I'm hoping to finish the second today. Whether I do or not, you can expect a little Christmas present tomorrow in the form of some more reading... not to mention an Unown Puzzle.

…And I apologize, but finishing that second POV didn’t quite make it in time for today. Still, what I’ve got will hopefully be enjoyable (if a little short).

And now, I present to you Chapter 9, Part 3!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: Of Journeys and Tournaments

Part 3

Simon

The trees of the forest swayed slightly, a gentle breeze fluttering their leaves. The setting sun painted a portrait of red-orange beauty in the evening sky above Holon.

I sighed, tired of it all.

Rising, I stretched my arms, readying myself for a good night’s sleep. The cliff that I was standing upon was a marvelous place to observe the beauty of nature, to be sure, but I had seen it all many times before over the last… had it already been thirty years? Maybe a bit more or less, but it was a fair estimate. Ever since that disaster… Shuddering, I turned my mind away from that. It was safely in the past, and there was no point in resurrecting old ghosts. Not that you haven’t tried, hm? A sly voice whispered in my mind. Shaking my head, I left my lawn chair (resting upon the cliff for the express purpose of admiring nature) behind and strode across the grassy top towards my laboratory. Home sweet home.

It was a rather simple structure when seen from the outside, a plain white block with nothing interesting except for a few mirrorlike windows and a steel door. I didn’t prefer to live with others, or to live in opulent grandeur as the Supreme Arbiter did. Simplicity was a wonderful thing.

Even so, my mind could never stay on the topic of simple things like nature, and as such I found it impossible to completely desert my scientific studies. In fact, I found it nearly impossible to tear myself away from them at times. Thus, the interior of my lab and house was complex enough to make a number of the researchers on the island weep in confounded astonishment. Not that they ever would. I never allowed them within my building.

I placed my palm on the door, waiting as usual for it to perform the handprint and thermal scans before it opened, sliding into the structure with a pneumatic hiss and revealing a small chamber with a second steel door on the other side. I stepped in, hearing the door close behind me, and waited for the purge of contaminants. While it was all very well and good to admire nature, too many of nature’s little life forms could ruin an experiment. The purge took the form of a gas, harmless to humans and non-living materials, but deadly to everything else. It even gave the benefits of cleaning oneself, sparing me the necessity of bathing while leaving me smelling faintly of roses. A tribute to my long gone wife. Whom you drove away because you wouldn’t abandon your project… snickered that malicious mental voice. I quickly suppressed it, and the memories it threatened to recall. Whenever those old thoughts actually did resurface (a rare occurrence now), I broke down completely, weeping and sobbing for days. Shaking myself, I straightened my white lab coat as the gas was filtered from the entrance chamber and the second steel door opened.

The layout of the building’s interior was one of ordered chaos. Papers littered the desk to my left, along with a half-eaten energy bar and a cold cup of coffee from the previous night. The desk itself was plain, a flat surface for with no real purpose but to hold all the paperwork that I received (though I was beginning to suspect that I may have exceeded its maximum weight limit; the middle was beginning to sag a little). It was unbelievable how much of that junk I received, even now that I was essentially a recluse. Sticky notes stuck out at random from the stacks of paper that towered over the rest of the desk, indicating long-forgotten reminders or important documents. Shaking my head and despairing of ever making a dent in all of it, I turned away.

The wall across from me was only slightly better. It presented, upon several parallel worktables with their ends against the wall, my chemical lab and the half-finished remains of several mechanical projects that I had begun and stopped when I thought of something I could better use my time on. Several flasks of variously colored concoctions were spread among the mess, all apparently flat and worthless. But the table farthest to the right was occupied by only one thing: a dusty, hollow glass cylinder with rubber seals covering the top and bottom, an old model that used to be used for storing test subjects. I had transported it here, a memento of sorts, from another lab, one where I actually had worked with other scientists and researchers. It also represented my single greatest failure. A tear threatened to leak from my eye, and I thought I saw a faint glimmer within the sealed container. Blinking a few times, I looked away. Several times, I had imagined seeing that ghost of a light within the cylinder, and each time it vanished without a trace. I had long ago put it down to my memory playing tricks on me.

To my right was a short corridor, lined with cylinders of a much larger size than the one on that table. These were also far newer, made of a flexible plastic that would stretch to contain whatever was placed within, no matter the size, and sealed from below with a sensor-riddled rubber while the top was linked to the second floor of the building, a circular metal portal that was several layers thick. Each and every one of them was empty; my last experiment that used them (and the only one so far that had been a success) had been completed some months in the past already, and I saw no need in keeping Pokémon test subjects imprisoned beyond what was necessary. At the end of that short hall, and to where I now slowly walked, was a white, square teleportation pad that would take me to the floor above.

Once both my feet were on the pad, the world blinked out momentarily, rematerializing into my living quarters, such as they were. Another teleportation pad, to my left, would lead to the room that housed my only successful project, but it had remained unused since the day I had been called upon by the Supreme Arbiter to prove its viability. The rest of my room was quite plain, clean, and ordinary. A four-post bed, just long enough to allow my six foot tall body a few inches when I reclined upon it, was neatly made in the far right corner with unmarked grey sheets, and the black-colored wooden bedside table next to its head held only my diary. A steel door to my right led to the bathroom, and against the wall behind me was a dresser containing the changes of clothes I owned. Apart from these few things, the room was bare. While it might seem a bit of a stark difference to others in comparison to the room below, I was well used to it by now.

And although it would seem equally odd to many, it was around this time that I usually went to bed every night. I walked slowly to my bed and sat on it, reflecting on my life and my plans for the future.

And was interrupted by a curt voice.

“Simon.”

“Yes, Augustin?” I asked. The Arbiter required a communication device to be carried by each resident of the island at all times.

“Know your place, Simon,” the voice snapped. “You are to speak to me using my title.”

Sighing, I acquiesced. “Yes, Supreme Arbiter.”

“You are to immediately prepare your Affinity Processing machine for use. You shall use the Pokémon I provide for you, or suitable replacements. Your contract will arrive in a moment; sign it and return it immediately.”

Shock froze me in place. I had never published my experiment’s success; it had been one of my most tightly guarded secrets. Unfortunately, some of the other scientists had likely started rumors about it. “Y-yes, of course, Supreme Arbiter. Would you be so kind as to provide me with the name of the contractor?”

“Oh, I think you will find out soon enough.” For some reason I couldn’t fathom, the Arbiter’s voice held a very rare note of amusement. “He has already signed the contract, after all. Now hurry up, the document is already there. And as you know, I have not the entire day to waste with idle chatter!”

Glancing at my bedside table, I could clearly see the document, a single sheet of paper with the Arbiter’s black-and-gold pen resting on top of it. Most unusual for a contract like this, I believed. But then, I had not had very much experience with these matters at all in recent times. I walked slowly, falteringly towards it, half afraid to see whose name would be written upon it apart from Augustin’s, half eager to. When I reached it, I covered the names at the bottom unconsciously with a hand as I read the terms.

I soon gave up attempting to pry through the legal mumbo jumbo in the beginning paragraph, progressing down to whatever caught my eye. What did was a single line that made me feel as though my stomach’s bottom had just dropped out.

The party of the first’s Pokémon is to be given the affinities of each Pokémon that the party of the third is able to bestow…

Each affinity… As the Arbiter full well knew, I had declared in my report to him that I was able to manipulate the seventeen known affinities of Pokémon, and was able to change a subject Pokémon’s affinity entirely, simply add one or more new ones, or do both. It was a remarkable feat of manipulation, and also simultaneously required a resource in varying supply: other Pokémon, the “donors,” those with the desired affinities. Without them, the electromagnetic concentration of Holon’s unique magnetic fields upon the subject Pokémon would have completely unpredictable results. Added to that, none of the test subjects that I had performed the experiment upon to confirm the discovery had been able to control their newfound powers. Seeking a way to counter this undesirable side effect, I had discovered that the donors used to focus the field’s effects made stellar tutors for the recipient, each about their own affinities. I was fully confident in the capabilities of the device, as it had proved itself over the course of the required hundred tests (the number of required tests was thought to be ludicrous by a fair number of researchers, but it did a remarkable job both of rooting out unstable creations and mention providing very easily calculated success/failure percentages) to be perfectly functional, succeeding in its goal each time.

Yet I was already becoming nervous; even if the receiving Pokémon of the contract already had two natural affinities, the most affinities I had ever manipulated simultaneously in the testing had been limited to four. This Pokémon would be subject to at least fifteen!

But even the untested grounds of my device were only partially responsible for the icy hand now gripping my heart. My true concern came from the indications I had seen from my tests and a second side effect upon the subject Pokémon. A single donor had resulted in a fairly significant overall power increase within the subject. Intrigued by this finding, I had applied several more experiments to it and quickly discovered that each additional donor more than doubled the power increase within the subject. Which was the reason that I had not manipulated more than four Pokémon’s affinities at once; too much power might become too much for the Pokémon to control, even with tutoring, not to mention the fact that if it did manage to bring its own capabilities under control, it might prove too strong to command. I had been terrified by the display of power that the only Pokémon to receive four affinities had given me soon after the experiment.

And something told me that whoever this mystery contractor was, he or she would want the full circle of seventeen donors. The possible power level of the resulting creature, assuming that it actually survived the process, was too much for me to consider, and I pushed it away roughly. It would just have to be a problem to deal with when it came and not before. I privately hoped that the time to deal with it would never come.

Unable to resist any longer, I moved my hand from the bottom of the paper. As always, the Arbiter's signature was present, carved in rigid hand of the man himself on the topmost of the three signature lines. On the second line was a name that froze me where I stood with fear.

Giovanni. The man who still, even now, so many years later, still occasionally haunted my dreams. He had employed me once, long ago, and funded a joint project. My side turned out to be my single greatest failure, and his was an immense success. Yet from what I had learned afterwards, that success lasted only so long before it also failed. I had always imagined how furious he must have been, and yet it had given me a grim satisfaction, for he had not cared at all for my part of the project, only his own. After a time, though, I had come to my senses and realized that, if Giovanni ever discovered that I had escaped the disaster, he would track me down and force me to help him again. The likelihood that he would be at all kind about the failure of his part of the project was nonexistent.

And now he had found me again, or so it seemed. The possibility of a coincidence on this scale was laughable, and if he had not known about my existence here before arriving on the island, my name had likely come up in the bargaining. From what I knew of him, the chances of him not recognizing it… Well, it would be better to try and split an atom with my finger than wager on that.

Unfortunately, I had no real choice at this point. The contract was signed by the other two already, and the Arbiter would know it if I tried to flee. His mercy did not extend to anything that might tarnish his honor. I heaved a sigh, and inhaled the first breath I had taken since I had read the second name on the paper. Futile struggle against the inevitable would merely cause me unnecessary pain. I placed the document back upon the stand and shakily wrote my own signature on the final line with the pen. Putting the pen down on top of it, I stepped back. It was done.

Paper and pen vanished soundlessly, Teleported by the same device that had brought it, and the Arbiter’s voice sounded again. “Good. Now that that is concluded, you might want to know that our mutual friend is already about halfway on his way towards your… residence.” He disapproved of my simple quarters, but he never openly voiced his displeasure. “I suggest that you begin assembling what you will need. He does not appear to be a very patient person.”

I swallowed nervously. Even if I was resigned to what was coming, I was not looking forward to it. Yet at the same time, I felt the old excitement rising, the one that took hold of me whenever I pioneered unknown scientific expanses that might work if only I was careful in what I did. Once it took hold, I never stopped my work, not even to sleep, until I had either succeeded or failed beyond all doubt. Perhaps the fear of Giovanni would keep it at bay for a time, but I doubted that would last.

I shook my head. Time wasn't standing still for me, and I had to prepare the machine. I stepped onto the teleportation pad that would take me to the room below again, barely waiting for myself to rematerialize before I strode to the paper-buried desk and began hastily moving the stacks. They became very precariously balanced, but I managed to uncover my PC without anything falling over. I booted it up, drumming my fingers impatiently as it loaded its system, and signed in to the island's storage system. The Pokémon I owned were merely test subjects, but luckily I had a few more than seventeen, and they managed to cover each of the types. Whether or not Giovanni would actually be satisfied with them remained to be seen, and he likely would want to replace them with more powerful Pokémon of his own. I wasn't sure that the power level of the donor had anything to do with the end result, but the simple fact that I did not know meant he would insist. If he hadn't changed dramatically.

I scanned through the list, finding Jibacoil, Gardevoir, and Absol. Those three, at least, should be good enough for Giovanni, but I hoped that more of them would be acceptable. I gave the matter some thought, then chose Porygon3, Machamp, and Ninetales as well, followed soon by Omastar, Armaldo, Aerodactyl, Shedinja, and Ninjask. If he let all of those be donors, six more were left… Forretress, Glalie, Dragonair, Dugtrio, Jumpluff, and Ariados went into the list to finish it. He would have to be satisfied with my seventeen or bring some of his own personal Pokémon into the mix.

The rapid thud-thud-thud of a helicopter’s propeller, faint for now, but steadily growing louder, made me flinch. He had arrived very quickly, which meant the Arbiter must have given him a map and sent him on his way before I even saw the paper. How very kind of him, I thought wryly. Recovering myself, I put my seventeen Pokémon into the transportation box at once (it had a tested capacity of at least a hundred and fifty, so I had no worries about it), and a moment later there was a brilliant white flash beneath yet another stack of papers that I had failed to move. The thing wavered for a moment, no doubt unbalanced by the sudden appearance of seventeen Holon Balls beneath it, and before I could steady it and move it somewhere safer it toppled to the floor, individual papers flying everywhere. Sighing, I rested my head on my hand. Could nothing ever be simple?

Clipping the spherical containers to the sash that had appeared with them, I hung it over my right shoulder and strode for the door, heading through both the first and second with barely a pause in my stride. That infernal excitement was bubbling even more strongly now, and I wondered if it would actually take me over completely even with my fear of Giovanni still quite strong. I hoped not, for my own sake. If it did, I would very likely do something foolish and push his anger to further heights.

Once outside, the rhythmic noise of the helicopter seemed to double in intensity, and I could see it landing near my contemplation spot on the cliff. The machine was impressive by itself, though certainly not the same I had seen him use so many years ago. This one was much larger, yet it was the same black and kept the dual-propellered model that would allow it to be large enough for Giovanni’s comfort. He always did make sure that he would have plenty of that. Still, I was quick to notice that it had several dozen retractable panels in various places on the side I could see alone, for who knew what kind of functions. Very likely weapons and remote fighter units or other insanities that only his considerable (if misdirected) genius could think of. They were not obvious, but I knew what to look for and did so without really thinking about it, and I also noticed the apparently opaquely black windows in the front and sides that would likely be invisible from the outside to most onlookers. I was quite sure that they gave perfectly clear vision from within, however.

It touched down, the wind from the propeller blades strong even at this distance. The noise was absolutely deafening. As one of the larger panels opened, a ramp slid smoothly from the newly opened entrance, forming a smooth incline. I stayed where I was, a short distance in front of my house’s door, and tried to hide my trembling hands in the pockets of my wildly flapping lab coat. The setting sun was framing the helicopter, black on red-orange, a spectacular sight indeed. Strange what one noticed at a time like this.

And then he appeared in the doorway. Nobody else would wear that orange suit with a red tie. And there was only one person in the world with that face set cold, cruel, and harsh, his natural expression. Giovanni truly had arrived. I nearly wept.

He stared at me for a moment, and for some reason I thought I saw puzzlement flicker briefly in his eyes, but it vanished so soon that I couldn’t be sure. Why puzzlement, though? Rage should have been plainly stamped on that face, but there was no hint of it. Just the expression I had seen when he had first found me and employed me. One that reminded me forcibly of a Pidgeot watching a Magikarp splash futilely in the shallows. I had seen that happen before, and it didn’t end well for the fish. I also had no doubts about who was which in our current situation.

“So,” he said, and as he did I realized that the noise from the propellers had quieted considerably; they were moving quite slowly in comparison to what they had before, and slowed still more as I watched. “You.” I flinched, my gaze snapping back to the man. He disliked having to bring someone’s attention to himself, and there was a trace of irritation on his face, now. “Are you the scientist by the name of Simon?” That voice was hard as steel, and just as gentle.

“Yes, sir,” I said, swallowing. Nerves were making my stomach feel like a sack full of Butterfree, but I managed a steady voice. “I am.”

“Good.” He was as crisp and quick of speech as I remembered, too. What was going on here? He should be cutting me to pieces with his tongue right now, not merely seeming as though he was preparing to give the green light to a procedure he expected to succeed. Failure would not be tolerated, either. Yet for some reason he was tolerating what might be considered one of the greatest failures of all time. A puzzle, and one I had no clue of how to work out. “I assume you have prepared your machine for the process?”

“Not quite, sir,” I said, then added hastily as his face began to contort into a frown, “I have had merely minutes to prepare, sir, but it does not require very much more to finish them.”

That beginning frown didn’t go away, though, even when his Persian emerged from the recesses of his transportation to sit beside his leg. “What kind of Poké Balls are those?” he demanded.

The unexpected question put me off balance for a few moments, but I recovered myself fairly quickly. “They are called Holon Balls, sir. They were created to allow the Pokémon within them to escape the effects of the magnetic fields of the region. Without them, a Pokémon’s type can change quite suddenly.”

“I see.” His frown deepened, and I cringed slightly. “I will have to obtain some of those for myself soon enough, I suppose. Odd that the Arbiter failed to mention that…”

Then the frown left his face, and I heaved a sigh of relief. And froze as the unthinkable happened before my eyes. Another panel on the side of the helicopter slid open, and a large glass tubelike structure, much like the ones inside my own lab, was lowered to the ground beside it before the opening closed again. Neither it nor the dark orange liquid inside could hide the impossible sight, though.

Mewtwo was in that tank.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed it! As always, reviews are welcome and appreciated.

And now for the Chapter Part’s Unown Puzzle!

;201-h;;201-o;;201-w; ;201-v;;201-e;;201-r;;201-y; ;201-s;;201-h;;201-y; ;201-a;;201-m; ;201-i;
;201-s;;201-o; ;201-v;;201-e;;201-r;;201-y; ;201-h;;201-a;;201-r;;201-d; ;201-t;;201-o; ;201-f;;201-i;;201-n;;201-d;

Last edited:

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
;201-a;;201-n;;201-d; ;201-y;;201-e;;201-t; ;201-i; ;201-s;;201-t;;201-a;;201-y; ;201-t;;201-r;;201-u;;201-e; ;201-t;;201-o; ;201-m;;201-y;
;201-h;;201-a;;201-p;;201-p;;201-y; ;201-h;;201-e;;201-a;;201-l;;201-i;;201-n;;201-g; ;201-m;;201-i;;201-n;;201-d;

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
;201-w;;201-h;;201-a;;201-t; ;201-a;;201-m; ;201-i;;201-?;

Can you guess it? It shouldn’t be too hard for your proven to be brilliant puzzle-solving minds. ;)

Until we meet again…
;150;

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
ZOMFG, I'M DA FIRST REVIEWER! WEWT!

*Lolz, I sneak into the computer early on X-Mas morning to read this great piece of work *winks*

He stared at me for a moment, and for some reason I thought I saw puzzlement flicker briefly in his eyes, but it vanished so soon that I couldn’t be sure. Why puzzlement, though? Rage should have been plainly stamped on that face, but there was no hint of it. Just the expression I had seen when he had first found me and employed me. One that reminded me forcibly of a Pidgeot watching a Magikarp splash futilely in the shallows. I had seen that happen before, and it didn’t end well for the fish. I also had no doubts about who was which in our current situation.
This analogy made me LOL although it wasn't ment to be funny.

“What kind of Poké Balls are those?” he demanded.

The unexpected question put me off balance for a few moments, but I recovered myself fairly quickly. “They are called Holon Balls, sir. They were created to allow the Pokémon within them to escape the effects of the magnetic fields of the region. Without them, a Pokémon’s type can change quite suddenly.”

Simon is a frail, frail man. And those Holon balls seeem really interesting.

HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
AND YET I STAY TRUE TO MY HAPPY HEALING MIND
WHAT AM I?

Well, I've two guesses but the shy part made me think of Snorunt, then again it could be Mew.

1. Mew.

Keep up the good work and stay away from FRUIT CAKE!

LAterz.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Divinity_123 said:
ZOMFG, I'M DA FIRST REVIEWER! WEWT!

*Lolz, I sneak into the computer early on X-Mas morning to read this great piece of work *winks*

This analogy made me LOL although it wasn't ment to be funny.

“What kind of Poké Balls are those?” he demanded.

Simon is a frail, frail man. And those Holon balls seeem really interesting.

HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
WHAT AM I?

Well, I've two guesses but the shy part made me think of Snorunt, then again it could be Mew.

1. Mew.

Keep up the good work and stay away from FRUIT CAKE!

LAterz.
DA FIRST REVIEWER HAS T3H 1337 5P33K HAPPENING! OH TEH NOES!

Yeah.

Were you being bad? Or just trying to catch Santa? Or maybe the lure of my promised present really was that strong...

Anyway, that analogy was meant to be humorous (if of the grimmer kind), which is probably why you found it amusing.

And Simon's one of those characters with (I think) a brilliant backstory, and the idea of using him came onto me almost at random. Wierd ideas pop into my head sometimes and I turn them into pretty nifty things... :rolleyes:

Also, if you think about it, the Holon Balls were a necessary development for researchers who would bring their Pokémon along, otherwise the region would mutate them into various random types (the entire island was taken from the Trading Card Game, actually, and the "Delta species" that were recently introduced). After all, it's not a particularly convenient side effect of a living area, is it?

Guess #1 taken! Two more to go!

Fruit cake? Were you just really tired or what? Still, I'll try to keep the good stuff coming... preferably sooner than later this time...

soul of legonds said:
very good. The wait was worth it, but don't wait so long agian. any way for the puzzle i guess
ralts
Glad you enjoyed it! And I am really sorry about the wait times... Personally, I want to take my personal life and throttle it more often than not.

And Guess #2 is taken! Just one spot left!

Until we meet again...
;150;

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Damn STraight!!! I has t3h Pwna63 0f t3h fIrst r3vI3vv n00bzz!

*ahem*

Were you being bad? Or just trying to catch Santa? Or maybe the lure of my promised present really was that strong...
Bad? Me? No? I'm baffled.

Anyway, that analogy was meant to be humorous (if of the grimmer kind), which is probably why you found it amusing.
Really? *gets shot* OMG, I don't know wtf I'M reading!

Fruit cake? Were you just really tired or what?
Spent the whole mornin' tryin' to make it for you ya jerk! I only warned because I didn't want you to get killed by horrendous cooking skillz!

Anyways, I'm regretting to post Mew for the puzzles *goes to edit*

*gets shot*

Jokes.

LAterz.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Divinity_123 said:
Damn STraight!!! I has t3h Pwna63 0f t3h fIrst r3vI3vv n00bzz!

*ahem*

Bad? Me? No? I'm baffled.

Really? *gets shot* OMG, I don't know wtf I'M reading!

Fruit cake? Were you just really tired or what?
Spent the whole mornin' tryin' to make it for you ya jerk! I only warned because I didn't want you to get killed by horrendous cooking skillz!

Anyways, I'm regretting to post Mew for the puzzles *goes to edit*

*gets shot*

Jokes.

LAterz.
Umm... right. I'm a bit baffled, too. Anyway, it's quite all right if you don't understand a part of the story I'm writing as it was meant to be written. Nobody really gets exactly the same thing out of a book as any other person. And you're too kind, no matter what your cooking's like. Finally, the answer to the Unown puzzle is about to be talked about...

*begins using announcer voice*

...right now! Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to The Legacy Continues' Chapter Partly Unown Puzzle! The time for the first round is up (and has been for over twelve hours), so whether or not we have three guesses, the show must go on! First things first, let's check on our contestants!

Guesses

1. Divinity_123 - Mew
2. soul of legonds - Ralts

Well, well, well! It would appear that, for the first time in a very long time, we do not have three answers! And the two that we do have appear to be conflicted about their choices! Is one of them correct? It's time for the judges to do the talking!

Judging

1. Divinity_123, your guess was Mew, but you seemed divided on your choice. Were both thoughts wrong? Or did you manage to pick the right one of the two?

NO!!! Your guess was good, but incorrect. A very nice try, though!

2. soul of legonds, you guessed Ralts, another logical choice, but was it the right one?

NO!!! It, too, was incorrect! Another good guess, though.

Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear that, once again, our Unown Puzzle is moving into Round 2! So here is your hint:

In all of the Pokémon games, this extremely rare creature could only be battled in the wild in three...

Good luck to you all, and we'll continue in either 24 hours or after three more guesses!
*stops using announcer voice*

Until we meet again...
;150;

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Why I am offended TPM. . .

Well, my second guess is Abra. It is in all three games. (Once again, I've no idea how your clue helps)

soul of legonds

OK revising guess, that is ok right? But i do have on on topic question what are the disbenifits of transefering atributs. Surely it must be detramental to the donaters helth. ANd here is my guess
suicune

Arcanine Royale

Hey, nice chapter, TPM! Very well described and laid out. Also like the ending.
Keep up the nice work, though this one was a bit shorter than the norm.

Anyway...
HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
WHAT AM I?

Celebii?

The Smore

Coral Eye Trainer

Why did I stop coming to Sppf!
Now I have to read up on so many chapters -.-;

Be back with a review later ... and it's too late for the competition isn't it ='(

~The-Smore~