• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legacy Continues

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Divinity_123 said:
Why I am offended TPM. . .

Well, my second guess is Abra. It is in all three games. (Once again, I've no idea how your clue helps)
Why offended? And there are a total of 11 games (thirteen if you count D/P, which I am not because they aren't released outside of Japan yet), not three... Still, guess #1 is in!

soul of legonds said:
OK revising guess, that is ok right? But i do have on on topic question what are the disbenifits of transefering atributs. Surely it must be detramental to the donaters helth. ANd here is my guess
suicune
Yep, you get to guess a second time in Round 2 if you want! And the benefits of this transfer were mentioned in the Chapter Part, but I'll list 'em here for you.

-There is a very significant power increase in the Pokémon on the receiving end of the process. Add that to Mewtwo's already devastating power...
-The Pokémon becomes a wild card; if somebody considers it one attribute already (the one(s) it is naturally), they'll be shocked when it reveals no weakness to what it should be weak to.

These are just the outright stated or plainly obvious ones that could easily be spotted from the Chapter Part, but I have no doubt it'll set off a chain of ideas in people's minds. ;) 'Tis a good thing, really, if it does. And as of yet, it's not revealed if the process does anything to the donating Pokémon (apart from making them good tutors).

Also, the second guess is here! Just one more...

Arcanine Royale said:
Hey, nice chapter, TPM! Very well described and laid out. Also like the ending.
Keep up the nice work, though this one was a bit shorter than the norm.

Anyway...
HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
AND YET I STAY TRUE TO MY HAPPY HEALING MIND
WHAT AM I?

Celebii?
Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome back! Also, I know it was a bit on the short side, but I'll try and make up for it in the next one. *evil grin*

And we have our third guess! Which means...

*begins using announcer voice*

...it's time for Round 2 of the Unown Puzzle! Last round ended inconclusively, so let's see if our contestants have got it figured out this time! A round of applause for these guessers!

Guesses

1. Divinity_123 - Abra
2. soul of legonds - Suicune
3. Arcanine Royale - Celebi

Looks like a day of returning champions! Two of the guesses come from the same people as last round, and the last from another accomplished guesser! Still, though, all three are very divided on what they think the answer is. Will that spell W-R-O-N-G for them all, or did one manage to get it right? Let's see what the judges say!

Judging

1. Divinity_123, you seemed confused by the clue. Did it throw you off the track entirely, or did you manage to find the grains of truth in the mystery?

NO!!! You answered incorrectly. Still, it was a shot in the dark, and so I must applaud you for trying.

2. soul of legonds, this is your second try at the puzzle! Did you manage to get it right and win your next prize?

NO!!! Unfortunately, you were also incorrect. A good guess, though!

3. Arcanine Royale, this is your first attempt at this puzzle! Did you get it right where the others failed?

NO!!! This answer, too, was wrong, in spite of its potential!

For the first time ever, ladies and gentlemen, the Puzzle is moving on to a third round! And that means still more clues to the answer!

The Joy that is always by its side nurtures all the creatures that come to her...

And that concludes this round of the puzzle! Good luck to you all in the next round!

*stops using announcer voice*

The Smore said:

Why did I stop coming to Sppf!
Now I have to read up on so many chapters -.-;

Be back with a review later ... and it's too late for the competition isn't it ='(

~The-Smore~
Well, I hope you have an enjoyable read... and welcome back to you, too!

I am looking forward to it, and you are most certainly not late for the first ever Round 3 (though you'll have to beat everyone else to the guesses)!

Until we meet again...
;150;

Arcanine Royale

The Pokemon Master said:
Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome back! Also, I know it was a bit on the short side, but I'll try and make up for it in the next one. *evil grin*

Yeah, haven't exactly been gone - just lazy. But, I realize its hard to write stuff. For some reason when I make time to I can't - take all of Christmas Break with only a few paragraphs written so far.

But...

The Pokemon Master said:
The Joy that is always by its side nurtures all the creatures that come to her...

Eh, that makes sense now!

HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
WHAT AM I?

In all of the Pokémon games, this extremely rare creature could only be battled in the wild in three...

Well, that means its Chansey/Blissey/the pre-evo D/P. But the pre isn't by Nurse Joy so... Chansey only appears in FR/LG/XD. So, I'm going to have to reguess with Blissey because of its dex:

Dex #242 - Fire Red said:
It has a very compassionate nature. If it sees a sick POKEMON, it will nurse the sufferer back to health.

soul of legonds

Wow 3rd round, ok so what are what about the pokemon giving the power is there a disadvantive to them like power being drained. and guess
chansey

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Arcanine Royale said:
The Pokemon Master said:
Yeah, haven't exactly been gone - just lazy. But, I realize its hard to write stuff. For some reason when I make time to I can't - take all of Christmas Break with only a few paragraphs written so far.

But...

The Pokemon Master said:

Eh, that makes sense now!

HOW VERY SHY AM I
SO VERY HARD TO FIND
WHAT AM I?

In all of the Pokémon games, this extremely rare creature could only be battled in the wild in three...

Well, that means its Chansey/Blissey/the pre-evo D/P. But the pre isn't by Nurse Joy so... Chansey only appears in FR/LG/XD. So, I'm going to have to reguess with Blissey because of its dex:

Dex #242 - Fire Red said:
It has a very compassionate nature. If it sees a sick POKEMON, it will nurse the sufferer back to health.
I share your pain in the writing department... trouble always seems to strike right when you've finally found time for writing. Still, I am managing progress on the next Chapter Part...

On a happier note, our first guess is in!

Arcanine Royale said:
Oh great... please don't tell me I forgot about the anime! Its been so long... and now I totally blew an easy guess! Or did I...

We shall see soon enough...

soul of legonds said:
Wow 3rd round, ok so what are what about the pokemon giving the power is there a disadvantive to them like power being drained. and guess
chansey

Sorry, we're moving into the Classified section with this now... a.k.a. Not Revealed in a Chapter Part Yet Section. Your answer will have to wait a little.

And the second guess is made!

Divinity_123 said:
Me thinks its Chansey.

Btw, make a ground Eeveelution! It'll be. . .different.
That it would... of course, most of the non-real Eeveelutions would be interesting to see.

*bell dings* The third guess has arrived!

*begins using announcer voice*

So, let the third round begin! First up, our guesses and the ones who made them!

Guesses

1. Arcanine Royale - Blissey
2. soul of legonds - Chansey
3. Divinity_123 - Chansey

And it would finally appear that the three recurring guessers have discovered a common ground in the Chansey line, with only one deviant answer! Which one is correct? Or are they both, once again, wrong? Let's see what the Judging reveals!

Judging

1. Arcanine Royale, your second guess at the puzzle seemed quite confident at first, but then you expressed a concern for its difference from the other two. Did you manage to make the right choice?

NO!!! Very unfortunate, but you did not answer correctly. It was a good guess, though, and better luck to you next time!

2. soul of legonds, you are making your third guess at this puzzle! Is this answer finally the correct one?

YES!!! It is indeed right! Your reward is this, a ticket to a grand feast! *gives ticket* Congratulations!

3. Divinity_123, your answer is also correct! Your reward is a pass to my private theater! *gives pass* Congratulations!

And the Unown Puzzle finally draws to a close. A round of applause for all our participants, and hopefully the rest of you get a shot at it next time! Good luck to you all!

*stops using announcer voice*

Until we meet again...
;150;

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Home theatre!?

Holy snaps! *falls on knees* Please! Can we watch Lilo and Stich!?

Anyways, I have a question (you can call it a sugestion). Can we focus a bit more on the twins, so many things are happening, it's hard for my head to comprehend and rememeber everything that is happening. You've revealed Team Titan, the cool *** battle with Regice. the crazy Unown with Molly, the Simon dude and so much more! SO Plz, don't make my brain over load! ^___^

P.S. Why don't you make a chapter index?

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
Awww, I missed all three rounds... It was obvious as a Wailord by the last round.

Sorry about being so late. My internet gave up on me for the entire night yesterday.

Giovani is suicidal. First he creates a Pokèmon that nearly turns the world on end, and now he wants to give him way more power than any mortal can possibly control? Barking mad, I'll say that for him.

Simon is an interesting character to say the least. I can tell you'll have fun with him. Something along the lines of letting his scientific frenzy take control, cracking up like a rotten watermelon, and going even farther than what Giovanni wants and almost bringing the apocalypse of the world. At which point our new beginning trainers will take their duty and save the world! Whee.

Ignore that, it's just my imagination working on overdrive.

And yes, that sadistic analogy concerning a Pidgeot watching a pathetic Magikarp drown in a pool of water OWNS. I'll have to start using analogies sometime.

I have one problem, though. One of your parantheses don't work right. Namely:

I was fully confident in the capabilities of the device, as it had proved itself over the course of the required hundred tests (the number of required tests was thought to be ludicrous by a fair number of researchers, but it did a remarkable job of rooting out unstable creations. Not to mention provided very easily calculated success/failure percentages) to be perfectly functional, succeeding in its goal each time.

Parantheses should never have even one fulll sentence, let alone two. You could improve the situation by joining the two sentences with a comma.

Great chapter as always; you know they all keep me hooked. Keep it up!

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Divinity_123 said:
Home theatre!?

Holy snaps! *falls on knees* Please! Can we watch Lilo and Stich!?

Anyways, I have a question (you can call it a sugestion). Can we focus a bit more on the twins, so many things are happening, it's hard for my head to comprehend and rememeber everything that is happening. You've revealed Team Titan, the cool *** battle with Regice. the crazy Unown with Molly, the Simon dude and so much more! SO Plz, don't make my brain over load! ^___^

P.S. Why don't you make a chapter index?
Yep! And you can watch whatever you want, but you'll have to share it with all the others who've earned that same right.

Well, the next Chapter Part might not be focusing directly on the twins, but you'll get to see more of them soon enough. I really need to move their part of the story along...

A chapter index is a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion. Guess this thread's gotten big enough to need one... I'll get to work on it as soon as I can.

.:Pyroken Serafoculus:. said:
Awww, I missed all three rounds... It was obvious as a Wailord by the last round.

Sorry about being so late. My internet gave up on me for the entire night yesterday.

Giovani is suicidal. First he creates a Pokèmon that nearly turns the world on end, and now he wants to give him way more power than any mortal can possibly control? Barking mad, I'll say that for him.

Simon is an interesting character to say the least. I can tell you'll have fun with him. Something along the lines of letting his scientific frenzy take control, cracking up like a rotten watermelon, and going even farther than what Giovanni wants and almost bringing the apocalypse of the world. At which point our new beginning trainers will take their duty and save the world! Whee.

Ignore that, it's just my imagination working on overdrive.

And yes, that sadistic analogy concerning a Pidgeot watching a pathetic Magikarp drown in a pool of water OWNS. I'll have to start using analogies sometime.

I have one problem, though. One of your parantheses don't work right. Namely:

I was fully confident in the capabilities of the device, as it had proved itself over the course of the required hundred tests (the number of required tests was thought to be ludicrous by a fair number of researchers, but it did a remarkable job of rooting out unstable creations. Not to mention provided very easily calculated success/failure percentages) to be perfectly functional, succeeding in its goal each time.

Parantheses should never have even one fulll sentence, let alone two. You could improve the situation by joining the two sentences with a comma.

Great chapter as always; you know they all keep me hooked. Keep it up!
It was, it was... well, perhaps you'll make it to the next Puzzle!

That's quite all right... I know a lot about troubles with the internet.

Couple of things wrong with your assertion that Giovanni's mad, though. First, he has no memory whatsoever of Mewtwo up until very recently, so he has no idea what Mewtwo's capable of. Second, Simon might know about the power increase, but he hasn't mentioned it to Giovanni yet. Still, apocalyptic power might just be within Mewtwo's reach after this... Or he might die trying to master it. I'm not telling. ;)

You have a crazy imagination... But you're right about one thing: Simon is a very interesting character. Speaking of which, there were a few clues throughout the Chapter Part that hinted at his past (especially a blatant one at the end). Anyone think they can figure him out?

Glad you liked that. I'll have to see if I can't fit more analogies in, as long as they make sense.

Yeah, that particular spot gave me a lot of trouble with the wording... thanks for the advice!

I'm happy to hear (read) that you enjoyed it, so I'll do my best to keep them coming!

Until we meet again...
;150;

Helpful Critic

Chosen One....
" First Post of February!" Can you tell me when you are going to post the next chapter? I know you are probably busy with other things, so good luck with a new chapter.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Sorry for the delay in updates, everyone. I've been having some computer problems, detailed below. Still, I'm hoping that they'll be completely (rather than temporarily) fixed quite soon, so you'll be seeing more of me then.

ultimate_pokemaster said:
Hmm, The plot,Characters,description and battling is nice .I give it 100%
Thanks, and welcome! Was there anything specific that you enjoyed, though?

Helpful Critic said:
" First Post of February!" Can you tell me when you are going to post the next chapter? I know you are probably busy with other things, so good luck with a new chapter.
Indeed. To put it bluntly, the next Chapter's been put on hold in writing due to computer hardware malfunctions. More specifically, the AC adapter inlet has given up the ghost, and it was only now that I've been able to get online to post at all. The repairs should be in and finished in a day or two, though, so I should be able to start writing again then. After that, I'm hoping to complete the part within three or four days, so a very tentative date for the next part is a week from now. Still, circumstances fluctuate frequently, so perhaps it will be up before then.

And just so you all know that there is at least some of it done, here's a little preview to tide you over until the whole thing is finished...
There was a long silence from the Titan. When it spoke, its voice was cold and hard, almost at the level it had reached during our battle. I have no wish to fight any of the Cou- the others, but Regirock even less so. For reasons both personal and practical. Regirock would have a natural advantage against me, as I am sure you know. I have no desire to eat stone just because–

“Silence!” I said, making my voice as hard as its own. “I am your trainer, and you will do as I tell you! You will accompany me to your friend’s cavern, and if I require you, you will battle it! Have I made myself clear?”
Enjoy!

Until we meet again...
;150;