• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin

Ex-Ascension Leader
Hey guys I know I'm not the most active member in this clan, but I do pay attention to the happenings of the clan. I know Jahz and Twilight quit the forums. Everyone is worried the clan is going under, and all of you are scrambling ideas to help keep people active. Unfortunately, I doubt there's anything any of you can do. The simple fact is, Pokemon battling is getting a little dull. The metagame is getting so predictable, four times out of five I can guess the whole moveset of a pokemon.

With pokemon, the interest in battling fluctuates. Sometimes everybody is into it, and sometimes it slows to a crawl like this. Luckily, there is some hope. With all the new pokemon, moves, abilities, and game mechanics changes coming in the fifth generation the interest in battling will boom. New options is what the metagame needs.

However, we have a while to wait. I think this adds to the boredom all of us are feeling. A new exciting experience is coming, but it's so far away. The excitement of something new overides the interest in the old. I think the best thing to do is not quit the clan, but simply take a break from it, and come back later. Do something else for awhile. It's like this. I love going to theme parks. However, how fun would it be if I went everyday? I would eventually grow bored of it. It's the same here.

But...if you still want to continue trying to boost member activity, how about branching off the focus of the clan? So far all this clan has been about is chating and the occasional war. Where's the excitement in that? There's nothing that NEEDS to be done on a regular basis, so everyone quickly gets bored and lazy.

What I suggest is creating a media group. Like...a Youtube channel. Make walkthroughs, put up tourneys, do videos on pokemon tips, post the newest info from serebii, or anything like that. This clan doesn't need to fight more wars or come up with a league. It needs a change in direction. We got the man power now. Lets do something with it!

If we pull it off we'll have expanded into new territory and have the two things that we and other clans need to keep alive and active, new options and new experiences. If any of the leaders of the clan (or anyone in the clan) like the idea give me an email at this address---> lordgriffin@comcast.net (Oh and please tell me who you are if you do).

Mr.Ghettoangel

escuchando reggaeton
^ i like his idea!!!!
making youtube vids and making a channel for our clan woulnt be that bad.. i could volunteer and do some tips, or maybe walk throughs...

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Yh Im really sorry, but I think im gonna need to be leaving...again =/
Its just the 2 main leaders around here are pretty much gone, Jahz and Twi, and now Ram hasnt showed his face in forever, and he's supposed to be the new leader. The clan is losing activity because of this, and I dont think we will be doing much in the future from where we are now. Again, Im really sorry, I hope to keep in touch with many of you in the future.

Bye, Beluga~

Rico_Suave

The Nostalgic One
Great, two more goodbyes. We seriously need to contact ramagoo to take action about this and vote the new co leaders. that way we could continue the activities pending like the tourney. so... we are stuck at the moment unless they change their mind.

stickguy

Happy Trainer
Id say we need to vote on a temporary leader, untill ram comes and picks an actuall co-leader. Id suggest we put it like this:
Someone suggests someone to be co-leader. Another person has to agree to put him on the list of pottential co-leaders. This person also has to agree to do it.
If you guys agree that we should do this then for the start, i think Ill nominate LordGriffin.
Btw. nice idea lord.
@rico
I think thats only one[u/] goodbye...sad that your leaving BigB..hope youll come back...

Rico_Suave

The Nostalgic One
wow! Lord Griffin you speak like a politician lol
i dint see your post but you have great ideas and have a point over the lack of interest.
Stickguy you are also right, i agree in a temporary leader since its not very easy to contact Ramagoo.

LordGriffin

Ex-Ascension Leader
Id say we need to vote on a temporary leader, untill ram comes and picks an actuall co-leader. Id suggest we put it like this:
Someone suggests someone to be co-leader. Another person has to agree to put him on the list of pottential co-leaders. This person also has to agree to do it.
If you guys agree that we should do this then for the start, i think Ill nominate LordGriffin.
Btw. nice idea lord.
@rico
I think thats only one[u/] goodbye...sad that your leaving BigB..hope youll come back...

I'm not sure voting someone to be temporary leader is a good idea. What would this leader do? Without being able to edit the clan page or officially declare decisions there's no point. I thicnk we should treat this like a democarcy. Vote on courses of action and go with the majority decisions. Just stay active, and show that we're still here and worth the Ram's time. If you all still want to do a temporary leader I'll go along with it. (btw stickguy your nomination of me is very flatering.)

Remember if any of you all are interested in my earlier purposel email me here
----> lordgriffin@comcast.net

jahz

Banned
RIGHT.

Guys I'm dissapointed, I leave and the clan falls apart, is that how it works? Me and Twilight have both been on and off for a long time and we had no problems until now. Guess your fat ****ing arses in gear before i kick you in the god damn balls! This is not happening people, we will not resort to ANARCHY! Ram is still the leader and you forget the time of year, people are going to be away.

It is sad that BigB left as he was a truly great asset to the clan, although unexpected his leave is understandable. Granted losing me, twi and BigB is a large blow considering we are three of the longest standing members, however LordGriffin has returned and look at the impact he has made! I still stand as clan co-leader and in doing so I promote LordGriffin to co-leader, he now owns your ***. New guys, you may think this is unfair since he joined like a week ago, but he didnt he was at Legacy from very early on and took temporary leave. Me, Twi and BigB will likely not be coming back and it dissapoints me that my last speech to you must be like this, But just because we have gone does not mean that our ideas do not live on, this clan is our Legacy and do not let that die.

'Friend of my many years!
When the great silence falls, at last, on me,
Let me not leave, to pain and sadden thee,
A memory of tears,
But pleasant thoughts alone.
Of one who was thy friendship's honored guest
And drank the wine of consolation pressed
From sorrows of thy own.
I leave with thee a sense
Of hands upheld and trials rendered less,
The unselfish joy which is to helpfulness
Its own great recompense.
The knowledge that from thine,
As from the garments of the Master, stole
Calmness and strength, the virtue which makes whole
And heals without a sign.
Yea more, the assurance strong
That love, which fails of perfect utterance here,
Lives on to fill the heavenly atmosphere
With its immortal song.'

That is the new clan motto, i have decided. It'a surprisingly relevant.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Yes, again im sorry for the unexpected leave, but being GL and stuff has gotten me a lot less active in clans, so I will probably not be in a clan for awhile. I hope you guys can keep the clan strong tho.

BlackBoard

Wifi ^^
Dam you should get a philosopher ur pretty good.

Rico_Suave

The Nostalgic One
Not Anarchy just someone to host activities untill Ramagoo is back.
but since LordGriffin has been promoted the problem has been resolved.
Congrats MR. Vice President

Zytroid

Name:Dario
FC:2794 5129 1681
Rate yourself as a battler (this will be verified.): 6/10
Why do you want to join this clan? : wanna get back into pokemon
Would you make any improvements? : hopefuly
Favoured position: I don't know about this one
How do you wish to rank up? : (See below, in ranking systems.)
Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person?

megaman12

Not Happy
Let me know if I can help out in anything to get activity Lordgriffin.I have been in this clan since it started and I'm not leaving until it really dies.

rammagoo

TL Leader
im back now guys, i went on abit of a holiday with my women so i could get away from everything, i got back a little sooner then i thought i was going to, but it just looks like the clan is falling apart, whats the go?

stickguy

Happy Trainer
finally!!
We want to create a youtube page w. walkthroughs etc.(lordgriffins idea)
Jahz, BigB and Twi all left... :(
Lordgriifins your new co-leader.
For more infos READ the posts XD

Zytroid

Can I join? I put all my info a couple post ago

LordGriffin

Ex-Ascension Leader
Wow, out of all the things I thought would happen...this was not it. Well, if Ram approves I'll take up the position, but ONLY if he approves. He is the leader of the clan and deserves an oppinion. I guess, though, if he does approve we go ahead and try the Youtube idea if yall like it.

rammagoo

TL Leader
i will accept you as a co-leader, i will update the first post soon enough, i just want to relax and not do anything for a day or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.