• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dragoon: The Dragon Campaign

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Capitol City of Kadessa ~

- High Throne Room -

Melbu Frahma was most displeased.

All the news lately had been of human uprisings, escaped slaves, and that wretch of a creature Diaz. It looked like their entire system was in jeopardy, but Melbu Frahma knew it was only a matter of time. Even if Diaz didn't make a mistake, then he would grow old and die before too long. And then he would simply clean up the mess that human had left behind.

"With the numbers from last cycle, that makes a total of four thousand and twenty nine escaped or unaccounted for humans in the last three lunar cycles." Faust was saying, brandishing a collection of various papers and scrolls. "Diaz certainly knows how to effect the numbers."

Faust was Melbu Frahma's right hand man, a powerful magician and wielder of many arcane magics not the least of which was the Curse of Eternity that was keeping Melbu Frahma alive and well for these five hundred years. The spell was still imperfect though, and Melbu Frahma looked like he had seen every one of those years, with a bald head, wrinkles, and a dark absence in his eyes. Still, the Wingly ruler retained his strength and was not one to be judged on appearance. Faust meanwhile looked better for his age. Having not tried the curse on himself yet, he was simply nearing his hundreds. A large white beard spilled from beneath his face, and a tall white and gold hat adorned his head. Both Faust and Melbu were dressed in the elegant white robes that befit Wingly nobility.

"As much of an annoyance as Diaz is," Melbu said, "He is a problem that will soon resolve itself. He cannot keep his rebellious masses waiting in line forever. Soon, he will make a mistake, and when he does we will simply crush him and his rebellion back into the dust they crawled out of."

"Remember the heavy cannons at.. what was it they renamed it... Gloriano? We can't very well launch a full on attack so long as the artillery is still active." Faust shuffled his papers, searching for something particular. "It would seen that stealth tactics would be best, should you consider an attack."

"Patience Faust." Melbu said, and the fact that he had an eternity to wait wasn't lost on the magician, "As I said, Diaz will soon take care of himself. We need not do anything but prepare. He will have to risk an attack soon, and when he does we shall deal a defeat so crushing, no human will ever rebel again. I am confidant that Diaz shall breath his last breath before the end of the year."

A call from the outside guards signaled the arrival of another Wingly. The young man flew down and into the open-air room, his wings of light shining bright and blue like those of all Winglies. He carried a scroll, sealed with a wax seal. As he landed, his wings disappeared and he went into a formal bow to show respect to the two who were by far his superiors.

"My liege," the messenger said, "I have news from one of the intelligence teams. It seems that a large gathering is taking place in Gloriano. We have captured Intel from a human who attempted to escape, and based on our evidence, it seems that the humans are preparing for war."

Melbu Frahma simply smiled at the news. "You see Faust? It is as I told you. Unable to keep his bloodthirsty followers in line, he will be forced to take the offensive in a battle he will surely lose."

Faust still seemed uncertain. In was in his nature to examine every detail and fact. Overconfidence was not something he took lightly. One could never be too prepared.

"If this is the case," Faust said, "Then I must prepare Flanvel immediately. The humans will surely target Deningrad or Mayfill. It can't hurt to be prepared for the event."

Melbu dismissed the messenger with a wave of his hand, and the young Wingly flew off once more. "Do what you wish. Regardless of what happens, Diaz cannot win. Not with 'human' strength."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

~ Imperial Holy City Gloriano ~

- Fort Magrad -

Fort Magrad was one of the first things any visitor to Gloriano would see. Its tall, magnificent arch was the first sight of many a weary escaped slave as they first stumbled towards the city. The ancient fort had once belonged to the Winglies, back when this city was called Vellweb, but like the rest of the city, it had been taken by the humans in that first bloody uprising.

In the time since, Gloriano had become something of a legend. The splinter cell agents that were sent in to slave camps spread the word of the city before escaping themselves or striking up discord in the camp, and the legend spread. Now, humans who had once been slaves of the Winglies were coming in from all over the northern lands.

Now, Emperor Diaz has called a council to gather here, in Fort Magrad, where he first proclaimed his war against the Winglies.

Two humans approached the crowd already gathered at the fort, one a tough looking guy with an eye-patch, the other a skinny young woman with bandages all over her arms. The man was Jonah, a rough and tough fisherman who looked after the new arrivals. Whenever a new human found their way to Gloriano, he was the one who gave them the tour, showed them their first bed, and shoved a plate of food at them. The woman was Nilah, one of the scout party leaders. She was a common advisor of Emperor Diaz, and it was one of her scouts that usually welcomed new arrivals before shoving them at Jonah.

"Another one of those damn Wingly scouts ambushed us again today." Nilah said, "Nearly burned Knola half to death, the poor kid. We managed to scare him off, but I think he knows what's up today. He had to have been listening to the chatter before he struck."

"I'd like to know what's up today myself." Jonah replied. He eyed the crowd, scanning for someone who looked like they might know the answer to that question. "Have you heard the rumors?"

"The ones that say Diaz has some big secret weapon to reveal or the ones that say we're preparing for a full-fledged attack?" Nilah grinned, but rubbed her bandaged arm nervously.

"Both. Either way, I like the sound of it. If the rumor's are true, and Diaz really has found a weapon that can give us the edge, then I wouldn't mind killing a few Winglies."

"Remember what they did to your eye, you want to give 'em a shot to pluck out the other one?"

Jonah grinned. "Heh, I wanna pay them back. The'll be a lot of one-eyed Winglies left behind when I'm done with 'em. You know what they say, 'an eye for an eye' and all that good stuff."

Finally, the crowd began to quiet down, and whispers began to spread. A few moments later, and Diaz himself appeared on the main platform, flanked by his three personal bodyguards. The guards wore their stark black cloaks and hoods like always, and Diaz himself was dressed in his usual garb, his long red and white hooded robe that coved nearly all of his body save his hands and the lower part of his face. Despite his reclusive nature, their was no mistaking his voice. When he started taking, everyone in the crowd fell silent.

"Welcome my people." Diaz began. "Today, is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands."

Many in the crowd erupted into cheers and shouts, but Diaz quited them with a simple motion of his hand. "Five years ago, I stood on this very platform and declared to the Wingly rulers of this city that I and those who followed me would no longer stand for the insufferable cruelty of the Winglies. Later that same day, those rulers were dead and this city became Gloriano, a true human city where we are free to choose our own destinies and live out our lives how we choose to live them."

A brief pause. At this point, the entire crowd is practically hanging on his every word. "However, there are countless others out there who do not share our freedom. Countless brothers and sisters, young and old, are forced to work themselves to death at the hands of cruel oppression and slavery. But today, I stand before you to declare that we now have the means to strike back at the Winglies, to repay them for the horrors and atrocities they have committed, and to free human kind from their rule once and for all."

More cheers, though many in the crowd remained silent and attentive. Diaz motioned, and two other humans brought over a long, but thin table. They placed the table directly in front of Diaz, and whispers about what could be coming next began to spread like wildfire. Another of attendant brought over an ornate box, and opened it for Diaz. The Emperor took the contents from the box, and carefully placed them out onto the table, in a neat row, leaving plenty of space between them. The items were little more than dull, colorless gems, each perfectly round, and each about twice the size of a marble. The whispers were practically everywhere at this point.

"The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem." Diaz said, and the crowd once again fell silent. "These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies."

There were a few confused comments in the crowd, but Diaz persisted. "However, the Dragon's pride is simply too much. They will not obey anyone's commands, but only those whom they deem worthy of inheriting their spirit. That is why I have called you all here today. Surely there must be those among you whom the Dragon's will deem worthy. Those who are chosen will become Dragon Knights... Dragoons, and using the power of the Dragons, they will lead humanity on our course to freedom."

The confusion seemed to have died down a bit by this point, and cheers erupted again. Those gathered here knew little of the working of magic or Dragons, but they trusted Diaz enough to take his word for it, at least until they saw for sure what those gems would really do.

"I would like you all to approach, one at a time, and stand near the gems, the Dragoon Spirits. If you are deemed worthy by the Dragon, the Spirit will shine brightly for you, and you will become a champion for human kind."

When they heard that the offer was open to anyone, the crowd rushed for the line, each person eager to try and claim this power that Diaz spoke of for their own. But as fate would have it, the seven chosen Dragoons were already assembled in the crowd, and what they would do with their power and the choices they would make would not only affect the outcome of this war, but it would affect the future of humanity for centuries to come.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Nahgka Kaa

Nahgka Kaa has been fighting all his life. Ever since he escaped from the Winglies slave camp, it's been uphill from there. But it was still a hard life, especially after he became a follower of Emperor Diaz. Every day, he had been training for another battle with the Winglies. While it may seem like fun to some, they worked Nahgka like a dog on the training field. The food given out during training period was sparse, somehow designed to push one to work harder. Even with all that, Nahgka fought through the pain. He supposed one more war wouldn't hurt. ...If he was chosen anyway.

One by one, people were leaving the area in disappointment. Everyone who was leaving seemed to stare right at Nahgka, as if he was in some sort of Halloween costume. It was obvious in their minds he didn't belong here. Nahgka wondered himself if he belonged here. Still, Nahgka stayed, waiting for his turn to come up. After all, it's not the outfit that makes the hero. With all the suspension, waiting in line started to feel longer than a day at the Winglies death camp. Nahgka was pretty far back, which just added insult to injury. Finally, after what felt like hours, it was finally his turn.

His task was to put his hand out to each orb and feel for its power. He closed his eyes as his hand hovered over the first one. ...There was nothing. Nahgka moved on to the next orb, repeating the same process. ...There was nothing. With only 7 orbs, the tension was starting to burn in Nahgka's mind. He then went over to the third orb, and repeated the same procedure. ...Once again, there was nothing. Nahgka was starting to feel a little nervous as he moved over to the fourth orb, to repeat the process once more. ...Absolutely nothing. Nahgka gave off a sigh of discomfort. His patience was running thin. He only had three more to go. He moved on to the fifth orb. Nahgka noticed a green tint in the orb. The other orbs had their own tint as well, but the green one in particular stood out. Maybe that was the lucky one? Nahgka held his hand over the orb and closed his eyes. Right away, the orb felt warm. Nahgka opened up to see a brilliant shine of Jade green. The orb had reacted to his body. Nahgka even had the image of the jade green dragon on his head. The dragon seemed almost insect-like to him. Nahgka did not know how to feel at this moment. All he knew was that he was one of the chosen ones.

(I hope this intro is good enough.)

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?

- Fort Magrad –
(Aaron Kodora)

Aaron looked around him in awe. Since arriving in Gloriano about a year ago, he was still amazed every time he saw the fort. It really made him believe that there was hope for the rest of humanity still locked away in the Winglies’s clutches.

He noticed the crowd quieting down, and he craned his neck to get a better view. He saw Emperor Diaz walk up to the front of the main platform, followed by those guards of his. I really don’t like them, he thought to himself, watching them in their dark clothes.

Then Diaz started talking. Everyone fell silent, so Aaron could clearly hear what he was saying.

"Welcome my people," Diaz began. "Today is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands."

After that, he lost him in the crowd of voices cheering and yelling. Everyone loved Diaz, including Aaron. When Aaron had first arrived here, he had not known anyone, since he had lived in the wilderness for most of his life. Then Diaz had met with him, and given him lodgings and work, and Aaron had felt happy for once.

The Emperor went on to talk about the history of Gloriano, how he had taken it from the Winglies who were living here, then said in a sourer tone, that there were countless other humans still living as slaves.

What Aaron heard and saw next astounded him. On the table, seven orbs had just been brought and placed down.

Then he said, "The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem. These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies."

Aaron stared in shock. Dragons! They were supposed to be a myth. He wondered how Diaz had gotten them. As he explained that someone had to be chosen, he thought to himself, It can’t be me. I haven’t been here long enough, haven’t proven myself yet.

He waited a few minutes for the excitement to die a bit, and watched as many people walked up and failed to be chosen. That’s just how it’ll happen with me. One person had already been chosen, by the green orb.

After a while, he walked up himself, expecting nothing. To his surprise, he heard a voice whispering to him. He looked around, but no one was there, other than Diaz, watching him silently. He looked back at the orbs, and saw that one at the end was starting to emit a faint glow. Its glow increased and he closed his eyes, and he saw an after image of a cyan-colored dragon behind his eyelids. When he opened them, the orb was shining brightly, a whitish-blue color, and Diaz yelled out, “And now another of the Dragon Knights has been chosen! Come up here, boy, and look out onto the crowd!”

Aaron was shocked, and walked up stiffly to where Diaz was standing. All he could think was, I’ve been chosen. This is incredible.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~
Fort Magrad; Imperial Holy City Gloriano

Diego looked around as he saw the crowd rush to what was happening. Ever since his arrival in the holy city, he trained non stop so he can avenge his friends and family. However, he knew he wasn't an avenger. He was fighting for the sake of everyone.

He noticed the crowd quieting down, and he craned his neck to get a better view. He saw Emperor Diaz walk up to the front of the main platform, followed by those guards of his. Diego's eyes narrowed at the sight of the guards. Something about them made him edgy.

Then Diaz started talking. Everyone fell silent, so everyone could hear what he was saying. Diego leaned in as he began paying full attention.

"Welcome my people," Diaz began. "Today is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands."

After that, he lost him in the crowd of voices cheering and yelling. Everyone loved Diaz. Diego himself had a large respect for the man. To be to challenge the Winglies and show great cunning, strength and courage to be able to built this city was very admirable. When he arrived, he was tired and his soul was aching. However, Diaz had help rekindle his fire and he knew what he had to fight for now.

The Emperor went on to talk about the history of Gloriano, how he had taken it from the Winglies who were living here, then said in a sourer tone, that there were countless other humans still living as slaves.

What Diego heard and saw next astounded him. On the table, seven orbs had just been brought and placed down.

Then he said, "The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem. These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies."

Diego looked at the orbs containing the dragons. He had heard of the dragons when he stayed with the tribe. Their powers were amazing and yet they had their essence in those orbs. At what cost? Diego thought as his face turned sour. However, this was war, he supposed and the dragons would live on in the knights that they would choose.

He waited a few minutes for the excitement to die a bit, and watched as many people walked up and failed to be chosen. One person had already been chosen, by the green orb. He then saw another be chosen by some icy white-blue orb. Diego;s heart began racing. Could he be chosen? Surely not...

After a while, he walked up himself, expecting nothing. One by one, he tested the remaing 5 orbs until he came upon the gold one. It was strange though... When he touched the orbs, he heard a voice from that one saying that they weren't his or even hers. Does that mean one of the knights will be female? Interesting, he thought as his eyes trailed on the last orb. When he grabbed it, his eyes closed and he found himself in the same situation, staring at the golden dragon. The dragon smiled at him, however. He even winked at Diego before he opened his mouth and engulfed him. Diego understood... When he opened his eyes, the orb was shining brightly, a bronze-like gold light. Diaz smiled once more and announced a new Dragon Knight was chosen. Diego took his place among Aaron and Nahgka. "It appears the dragons believe we are worthy... we can't let them or everyone else down..." he said to his fellow knights.

Alliance

Re-Arrival

- Fort Magrad –

~Alyssin~

Alyssin stood amongst the crowd, feeling small and out of place. There was an energy in the air, the energy of excitement. The others of Gloriano were eager, waiting for their leader Diaz to appear. Alyssin shared their excitement.

Finally, Diaz appeared, clothed in his usual red and white hooded robe, and flanked, like always, by his black clothed guards. Alyssin payed them no attention, her eyes on Diaz, waiting for him to speak. Everyone else, with similiar interest, became silent.

"Welcome my people." Diaz began. "Today, is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands."

"Five years ago, I stood on this very platform and declared to the Wingly rulers of this city that I and those who followed me would no longer stand for the insufferable cruelty of the Winglies. Later that same day, those rulers were dead and this city became Gloriano, a true human city where we are free to choose our own destinies and live out our lives how we choose to live them."

He paused, Alyssin hanging on his every word. "However, there are countless others out there who do not share our freedom. Countless brothers and sisters, young and old, are forced to work themselves to death at the hands of cruel oppression and slavery. But today, I stand before you to declare that we now have the means to strike back at the Winglies, to repay them for the horrors and atrocities they have committed, and to free human kind from their rule once and for all."

Ending the presumed Part One of his speech, Diaz montioned to three other people. Two set down a long, thin table, whilst the third presented a small box. Diaz opened it and carefully took out it's contents, placing them on the table in a straight line.

Many of the crowd began whispering and muttering about the objects on the tabel. Dull, almost colorless gems, perfectly round. Seven. Alyssin herself was confused, but said nothing. It was her nature to be quiet and note everything, afterall.

Diaz spoke, the crowd was silenced. "The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem. These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies."

Alyssin supressed a gasp. A power force, using the essence of dragons..... Which could be used to otherthrow the Winglies? It was almost to good to be true, but Alyssin knew that nobody would lie about matters as deadly serious as this.

"I would like you all to approach, one at a time, and stand near the gems, the Dragoon Spirits. If you are deemed worthy by the Dragon, the Spirit will shine brightly for you, and you will become a champion for human kind." Diaz called. Upon hearing the offer, everyone leapt foward eagerly. Alyssin herself hopped into the line. One by one, people left sadly, muttering of their cursed luck and how they thought it was unfair.

Finally, it was Alyssin's turn. She walked up to the table, and looked at each gem. Up close, she could see the faint tints of color. Three of the gems shone brightly; The aftermath of three previous people, three of seven Dragoons. Alyssin closed her eyes briefly, and felt a slight tug at her conscience. One gem here was reaching out, the Spirit of a Dragon recognising her presence.

She opened her eyes and stepped closer. One gem gleamed, color seeping into it. It shone a firey red, like embers in a brilliant flame.

Diaz spoke again. "And yet another has been chosen! Come up here." Alyssin blinked. She'd been.... chosen? But she was no-one special, just an ex-slave girl. But she was apparently "good enough" for the Dragon spirit inside the crimson gem. So, with a slight smile, she stood next to the other three, waiting for the final three Dragoons to be recognized.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Andrea Hensley

Fort Magrad

There was a large ruckus at the fort where the Emperor was about to give a speech. Andrea, the steaming brunette wondered "What is happening". So she decided just to follow the crowd and by crowd she didn't except a massive amounts of people. She figured that it was must be some speech to rally the troops or something and with that Andrea walked up closer to see what was happening. Emperor Diaz was with some guards dressed up in some traditional clothing but that was about it. "I could design better clothes than that" Andrea muttered to herself.

Andrea never marveled at the place with the stone arch and the amount of people waiting for the Emperor's speech. Andrea knowing that this was going take a while decided to check on her make-up making sure she looked good because she figured that people were going to look at her anyway. Someone was going on about glory about Emperor Diaz and something about how his speeches are the best thing in the world. Andrea didn't look too interested even as the Emperor walked on to of the stage or something similar and started his speech.

"Welcome my people." Diaz began. "Today, is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands." Then crowd just like that erupted with cheers and yells of excitement while Andrea started to look at the nails and filed them. There was a silence which allowed Emperor Diaz to continue, "Five years ago, I stood on this very platform and declared to the Wingly rulers of this city that I and those who followed me would no longer stand for the insufferable cruelty of the Winglies. Later that same day, those rulers were dead and this city became Gloriano, a true human city where we are free to choose our own destinies and live out our lives how we choose to live them." The crowd looked like they were hooked on every word that he said except for Andrea who was still filing her nails, listening but not paying attention. "However, there are countless others out there who do not share our freedom. Countless brothers and sisters, young and old, are forced to work themselves to death at the hands of cruel oppression and slavery. But today, I stand before you to declare that we now have the means to strike back at the Winglies, to repay them for the horrors and atrocities they have committed, and to free human kind from their rule once and for all." Finally Andrea's attention was caught "Maybe I get a better life that I deserve" she muttered making sure that no one heard her but with the cheers she knew that no one could. Then with that two humans brought out seven colourless gems that were round and looked like marble balls or something of that look. People started to whisper giving their thoughts about what they did or what they were. Suddenly Emperor Diaz started to talk again answering the crowd's question of what these colourless gems actually did.

"The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem." Emperor Diaz said. "These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies." Emperor Diaz continued despite the murmurs of the crowd. "However, the Dragon's pride is simply too much. They will not obey anyone's commands, but only those whom they deem worthy of inheriting their spirit. That is why I have called you all here today. Surely there must be those among you whom the Dragon's will deem worthy. Those who are chosen will become Dragon Knights... Dragoons, and using the power of the Dragons, they will lead humanity on our course to freedom." Andrea was now lost, as if they could do that but I guess fuel the fancy.

So then people lined up however Andrea was about to walk away until a male spoke to her from the line. "Aren't you going to try, pretty girl?" he asked her. Andrea stopped and explained "What is the point, I mean seven gems and god knows how many people are here. I have a tiny chance, so why waste my time" The male looked at her somewhat confused. "Why don't you just try, come on" he tried to get Andrea to at least try. "Let me go in front of you and I will try" she stated bluntly trying to at least get this done with. Someone in the crowd yelled something about Andrea stepping in. "Oh Shush you" Andrea yelled back. The crowd cheered for the four that did get selected which was three boys and a girl. "Lucky them" Andrea sarcastically muttered to herself. She wasn't interested but she was basically told to give it a go. The line continued on and on until finally Andrea got her chance.

"I really don't see the point" she reluctantly said to the guy behind her. "Go on" he told her. Andrea looked at the gems that were left over and there was only 3 left. The ones that were taken, were jade green, cyan, gold and red. "Lets touch the first one" she muttered as she touched a plain colourless. "Strike one" Andrea continued to treat this as a waste of time. The next one she touch started to do something weird. "That's isn't right" she said out loud as a a bright light engulfed her. She closed her eyes but some how saw a violet dragon which made no sense to her. She looked at the gem again but it had gone from colourless to fuchsia. "And yet another has been chosen! Come up here, young lady." Emperor Diaz spoke out, so loud that everyone could hear him. "Seriously I can't believe this. This is really not right at all" Andrea tried to reason with herself. "Why me, why not that guy or that girl" and with that Andrea gave up. She had become a Dragon Knight much to the annoyance of her. She had to now stand next to these people that are just plain old people, commoners not like Andrea.

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Micheal Azreal

~Fort Magrad~

Micheal stood in the midst of the crowd, arms crossed, dressed in his typical attire. He looked around the crowd, and saw no truly notable people amongst the citizens. He didn’t know why, but he had expected someone important, not that many people were really important these days. The crowd itself was already enormous, but it was growing endlessly, as every single person in the city moved in for this speech. Micheal hadn’t expected much, but apparently everyone else had. He stood, firm, waiting for Diaz to show himself.

As the people around him spoke, the sounds of the crowd growing louder each second, he heard a familiar voice behind him.
"Welcome my people. Today, is a glorious day. For today, I have come to tell you that the power to win this war is finally in our hands." The crowd exploded with joy, cheering for the mighty Emperor. Micheal stood, unmoving, not seeing anything to applaud about. "Five years ago, I stood on this very platform and declared to the Wingly rulers of this city that I and those who followed me would no longer stand for the insufferable cruelty of the Winglies. Later that same day, those rulers were dead and this city became Gloriano, a true human city where we are free to choose our own destinies and live out our lives how we choose to live them."
The crowd fell silent, and Micheal raised his brow, interested as to what was about to come.

"However, there are countless others out there who do not share our freedom. Countless brothers and sisters, young and old, are forced to work themselves to death at the hands of cruel oppression and slavery. But today, I stand before you to declare that we now have the means to strike back at the Winglies, to repay them for the horrors and atrocities they have committed, and to free human kind from their rule once and for all."
The crowd cheered once more, but this time, more people seemed to stay silent. Diaz motioned, and silence fell over the crowd. A pair of men came out, with a long thin table, placing it in front of Diaz. The crowd began whispering stupidly, but Micheal stayed silent, moving forward a little to get a better look at this point. A new man came forward, holding a finely detailed box. The Emperor took out the contents, and lay them down on the table, and Micheals eyes widened in awe at the strange objects. Small, perfectly round gems, dull and colorless. But if there was anything history and fiction had taught him, it’s that the most expensive and amazing of items hold no water against those that look near worthless.

"The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem. These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies. However, the Dragon's pride is simply too much. They will not obey anyone's commands, but only those whom they deem worthy of inheriting their spirit. That is why I have called you all here today. Surely there must be those among you whom the Dragon's will deem worthy. Those who are chosen will become Dragon Knights... Dragoons, and using the power of the Dragons, they will lead humanity on our course to freedom."

The confusion the crowd had been enveloped in slowly died, as the cheers reared their heads again. Micheal was in more unbelievable amazement than he had ever been. He only knew stories of the Dragons, and the ability to contain their undying power… It was something he could never have imagined.
"I would like you all to approach, one at a time, and stand near the gems, the Dragoon Spirits. If you are deemed worthy by the Dragon, the Spirit will shine brightly for you, and you will become a champion for human kind."
Micheal heard the statement, and was coated from amazement into horror, at the idea of the entire crowd rushing off into lines to get that power. And just as he expected, the crowd suddenly broke out in a horribly gawky fashion, and if it hadn’t been for Micheals size, he would likely not be able to move. He lumbered past the crowds, making his way into one of the lines.

People were moving in, one by one, disappointment flooding over their faces as the orbs sat, motionless and dull. People started to grow quiet, and some were leaving the lines already, thinking it was pointless standing in line for something that would be of no use. Micheal personally didn’t expect much, but it’d be cool to see the new people who get accepted. He watched as five gems were already taken. Two left, there was now a very slim chance. Micheal walked to the first free gem, and as he did, he heard noises, like calm, peaceful humming. He stepped up behind it, and lay his hand atop the small, round item, and as he did, he felt the warmth of the silver glow. He closed his eyes, and was welcomed in the darkness by a large silvery-white dragon, that was standing proud and tall. It looked down at him, and as it did, his eyes opened, as he was engulfed in the glow.

“And yet another! We have one more to go! Come up her, lad!”
Micheal blinked, as he made his way up to the platform, where the Emperor stood. As he did, he noticed the other Knights, and realized this would be his new friends. His new family. It was time to become a Knight.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant

- Fort Magrad –

*Charlotte Moore*

Charlotte looked up as she saw Diaz himself appear on the main platform, flanked by his three personal bodyguards. The guards wore their stark black cloaks and hoods like always, and Diaz himself was dressed in his usual garb, his long red and white hooded robe that covered nearly all of his body save his hands and the lower part of his face. Charlotte was always curious about how their leader looked like, but however, she never had the chance to see for herself. Despite his reclusive nature, their was no mistaking his voice. When he started taking, everyone in the crowd fell silent. The twenty-one-year-old listened intently.

"Five years ago, I stood on this very platform and declared to the Wingly rulers of this city that I and those who followed me would no longer stand for the insufferable cruelty of the Winglies. Later that same day, those rulers were dead and this city became Gloriano, a true human city where we are free to choose our own destinies and live out our lives how we choose to live them." Charlotte smirked to herself.

"Whoop-dee-do. No more pesky fairies to boss me around, if that's what the Winglies are..." She thought to herself.

Emperor Diaz paused briefly, then resumed his speech. "However, there are countless others out there who do not share our freedom. Countless brothers and sisters, young and old, are forced to work themselves to death at the hands of cruel oppression and slavery. But today, I stand before you to declare that we now have the means to strike back at the Winglies, to repay them for the horrors and atrocities they have committed, and to free human kind from their rule once and for all."
Charlotte heard more cheers. Diaz motioned, and two other humans brought over a long, but thin table. They placed the table directly in front of Diaz, and whispers about what could be coming next began to spread like wildfire. Another of attendant brought over an ornate box, and opened it for Diaz. The Emperor took the contents from the box, and carefully placed them out onto the table, in a neat row, leaving plenty of space between them. The items were little more than dull, colorless gems, each perfectly round, and each about twice the size of a marble. The whispers were practically everywhere at this point. Charlotte could only stare at the table, being five-foot-eleven and having no need to crane her neck to take a better look.

"The tiny orbs you see here are much more than they seem." Diaz said, and the crowd once again fell silent. "These orbs are the result of a Dragon's undying power. Each gem you see before you contains the essence of a mighty Dragon. And with these gems, it is possible to use that power to fight for our cause. To fight the Winglies."

"So we fight the Winglies with....marbles?" Charlotte thought, staring skeptically at the seven gems, which looked colorless but actually had faint tints of color in each one.

Diaz continued. "However, the Dragon's pride is simply too much. They will not obey anyone's commands, but only those whom they deem worthy of inheriting their spirit. That is why I have called you all here today. Surely there must be those among you whom the Dragon's will deem worthy. Those who are chosen will become Dragon Knights... Dragoons, and using the power of the Dragons, they will lead humanity on our course to freedom."

Charlotte's doubt dissolved as she heard Diaz' words. She never doubted her leader.

"I would like you all to approach, one at a time, and stand near the gems, the Dragoon Spirits. If you are deemed worthy by the Dragon, the Spirit will shine brightly for you, and you will become a champion for human kind." Diaz finished.

When they heard that the offer was open to anyone, the crowd rushed for the line, each person eager to try and claim this power that Diaz spoke of for their own. But as fate would have it, the seven chosen Dragoons were already assembled in the crowd, and what they would do with their power and the choices they would make would not only affect the outcome of this war, but it would affect the future of humanity for centuries to come.

Charlotte watched as several people rushed forward, trying to touch the gems. She noticed with her own sharp, grey eyes how each colorless orb had their own faint shades of color thought unnoticeable at first glance, one of them a barely noticeable scarlet, another one a very pale powder blue, the next one a faint mint green, the one right next to it glimmering faintly, though still colorless, followed by a cloudy pink one, then another glimmering one, this time faintly golden, and lastly a light lavender one. Charlotte stared with dread at the faint pink one. No way in hell would she want to be associated with anything hot pink. She decided to watch and wait until it was claimed. She watched as one by one, the gems were claimed. First went the pale mint one, which turned jade green in a blonde young man's hand. The powder blue orb followed, glowing an icy cyan as a teenage boy in a hoodie held it. Another male claimed the third orb, this time glowing bright gold. The fourth orb was claimed by a redheaded teenage girl, it glowed crimson in her hands. Charlotte grew increasingly worried with her chances. Three orbs remained, and the pink orb among them. What were the chances of her being chosen? Much less by a non-pink orb? She, however, sighed with relief as she saw the next orb glow fuchsia in a brunette young woman's hand.

"OK, now that pink's gone...do I still have a chance?" She thought to herself as she saw another young man claimed the sixth orb, which glowed with a pure light like a diamond. There was only one orb left, and the crowd was getting more excited. One by one, several stepped forward, each placing his or her hand on the orb, which did not respond. Charlotte resolved to try as she stepped forward. She heard several murmurs among the elder crowd.

Her? Why her? Anyone but her... She heard. However, she moved forward towards the table, placing a gloved hand on the orb. At first there was nothing. Charlotte sighed, thinking she had no chance. However, a few moments after, the orb suddenly burst with a dark, shadowy violet light. She grinned slightly as she raised the orb.

"And the last one stands before us! Come up here, missy!" Diaz announced as Charlotte got up onto the platform and joined the other knights. Never had she expected this to happen to her...to become one who could help save the world from the Winglies. She stood together with the other Knights as the crowd acknowledged them.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader

- Fort Magrad -

To be honest, Diaz himself had had some doubts. He had expected maybe one or two Dragoon's to be chosen. Three or four would have been more than he could have asked for. But all seven? Surely this was a sign.

As the seventh chosen Dragoon stepped up to join her fellow knights, Diaz couldn't help but feel that some sort of divine intervention was at work. The Winglies had upset the natural order of things with their manipulation of the dark magics. Mayfill and Deningrad in particular were abominations of "enlightenment". But with seven Dragoons fighting for humanity, the Winglies just might lose their empire after all.

"Behold!" Diaz began. "All seven of the Dragon's have chosen a wielder from our city! Surely this is a sign that our goals are true that the Dragon's themselves agree with our cause. These seven people have been blessed with amazing power. They are your new champions!"

The crowd, largely in various levels of emotional dissociation before his speech began to rally together. A few claps started somewhere, and spread. Soon, the entire crowd was cheering not just for Diaz, but for the seven Dragoons as well.

"The time has come to strike back at the Winglies." Diaz said, talking loudly to go over the sounds of the crowd, "At sunrise tomorrow, we make our first attack upon the Birth City of Deningrad. We will show the Winglies that their horrors will not be permitted any longer. Rest well tonight, for tomorrow will be a grand battle. And I know that many will not come back from the battlefield. Rest assured that your sacrifices will not be in vain. We will win this war."

The crowd came to life once again, but Diaz was done with his speech. A few of the higher ups came out to give the instructions for the battle preparations to those who wanted to volunteer. But, as always, they had more volunteers then they had equipment. Almost everyone in this city was a Wingly slave at some point, they all had their reasons, their grudges, their want for payback, and it meant that they often had to turn people away. But with several thousand humans here, nearly all of whom were out for blood, they had a formidable army by any standards. Of course, it couldn't compare to the Wingly army in a straight-up battle, but when you threw militia tactics, hit-and-run operations, and guerrilla warfare into the mix, all things the Wingllies chose not to do, they had a good chance of at least causing a lot of damage.

As the preparations began for the rest of the militia, Diaz began to lead the new Dragoons of to the side. Several others wanted to stick with them, perhaps to watch what was to unfold, but they were kept back by Diaz's guards. They weren't turned away, it was understandable that they would want to see who the new "champions" were, but they were kept far enough back to avoid getting in the way. What was to transpire next was meant to be between Diaz and the Dragoons.

"Congratulations." Diaz said to them. "The Dragon's have chosen you seven to inherit their power. I wish I could tell you more about how to wield it, how to command it, but those choices are yours and yours alone now. I will not try to command you, for I know not the powers you will learn to wield." Those who knew Diaz could tell his words were honest. "But I do hope that you will make your choices wisely. The people are already starting to look up to you." He motioned to the small crowd that was gathering to get a better look at what was happening. "If you think yourselves ready, you may join in our assault of Deningrad come sunrise tomorrow. For today, learn and rest. Try to learn the powers you now command, get to know your fellow Dragoons, and rest up tonight if you feel ready to head into battle."

There was a small pause, and Diaz almost turned away, but something stopped him. He looked back at the seven. "I remember meeting with several of you when you first came here. I wonder, did you ever think yourself in this position?" The way he worded the statement didn't ask for an answer. It was more of a voiced wonder, a rhetorical question. And then, he left the Dragoons to themselves. He could assist them no longer, from this point on the choices were theirs to make, not his.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Andrea Hensley

After a lot of people tried their luck with becoming a knight, only seven stood on the platform. As the crowd cheered, Andrea looked at the other six. "Why must I be stuck with commoners" she muttered hoping that the other commoners that were next to her weren't listening. Then again the crowd was loud with their cheering, it was going to be a long Ceremony, a very long one. However it was time for Andrea to assess who's who so she could plan and manipulate to her needs. There were 4 males and 3 females including Andrea herself. Then Emperor Diaz started to talk to them after his speech. "The Dragon's have chosen you seven to inherit their power. I wish I could tell you more about how to wield it, how to command it, but those choices are yours and yours alone now. I will not try to command you, for I know not the powers you will learn to wield." The Emperor told the seven and then continued on even though Andrea was really paying attention. "If you think yourselves ready, you may join in our assault of Deningrad come sunrise tomorrow. For today, learn and rest. Try to learn the powers you now command, get to know your fellow Dragoons, and rest up tonight if you feel ready to head into battle." and with that Diaz just left the seven alone.

So she looked at the first male who was pretty tanned but he had golden hair which was combed down. "Oh dear, does an elder do your hair" Andrea smirked while seeing if she can rattle them or at least figure out why the look so odd. It sicked her how people were so unfashionable. She looked at his body and just shook her head. "I mean come on shirtless, oh yes because I can see women swooning over you like there is no tomorrow. Would it kill you to get some pants or better shorts. Not digging the I am too poor and I have to fend for myself look and you smell like fish. I guess you are a fisherman but you know that you could use the ocean to have a bath." Andrea then looked at the next person who was part of the seven. It was another male but he was wearing a hoodie and had these weird pants or shoes. "Not the hood jacket, that is the worst thing in fashion I have ever seen. Oh look at me I am the fallen hero I have to cover my face because I have been through a lot and I am the emotional loner loser. Those shoes are so ugly looking and why do we have sunglasses? Last time I checked it wasn't sunny" Andrea started to annoy him or she hoped.

She then looked at the first female of the group. She was poorly dressed in Andrea's eyes and that was the relief that she needed. "Oh my god" Andrea exclaimed looking at the red haired female "Oily rag to tie up your hair? I feel so sorry for your hair then again it looks like it is turning disgustingly brown" Andrea looked at the shirt and the her shorts? "Oh dear. It is greasier than a garage, I mean it looks like you haven't seen the sun in years and those shorts eugh what are you thinking, this isn't the thrash punk era. I feel so for those rags that you call shoes, sorry that they have to suffer from your lack of fashion sense. Even hoodie over there" she pointed at the previous guy "Dresses better than you, that is just pathetic" Andrea then looked at the next male who she missed. "Hello pale boy, do you see the sun? Maybe you should stand were you can see it maybe outdoors? I don't even want to know what is up with you but your pale skin doesn't work with dark colours. I mean come on tattoos don't work if you are pale as a ghost or snow" she added "But at least you are better than oily McGee over there" she pointed at the girl. "Your outfits makes me sick" Andrea smirked now shifting her gaze to the next two.

Andrea looked at the next male. "See this is what I don't get, you have been in this city for quite a while but you don't change clothes. I mean black leather sorry boy but this isn't the era of the cowboy because we don't wear leather anymore but I guess you like it hot and sticky don't you? I mean mixing black with grey in the same pants, I could vomit." Andrea then looked at his boots. "Oh wow metal on black boots, hey you can scare some shopkeepers with that couldn't you because that is really do looking imposing not." she then decided to look at the last female excluding herself which was a blonde woman. "Seriously Grandma, aren't you a bit too young to wear that but then again you are wearing black leather so I don't really know what to think here" she then noticed something on the girl. "A nose ring? Seriously I mean really? What do we come from a village from some old far off country that is so wrong" she then smiled finishing off assessing the other six knights.

"Oh before you complain about what I am wearing" Andrea said until she was interrupted by a couple of girls. "Ms. Hensley, could you make a nice black sundress for us" one of the girls asked. Andrea nodded as the girls thanked her and left. "Like I said before you complain about what I am wearing, black low cut top with a nice green pleated skirt and flats. I design clothes in this city so don't give me your speech about how poor you are because we all been through the same mess and I have other things to do" Andrea smirked as she explained everything. She stood away from the people that she called commoners but not to their face.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Alyssin

Alyssin listened to Andrea's "fashion rant" with no worries. She, for one, had no money, and simply didn't give about buying "pretty dresses" and "colorful stuff". Impractical to Alyssin.

She was simply dressed like she had dressed back when she was a Wingly slave, and for good reason. This outfit carried the memories of her mother, who, at the beginning of the working day, used to lovingly tie Alyssin's hair up with the cleanest rag she could find. Which in a Wingly slave area, wasn't very clean. But Alyssin card not for any other outfit. This one fit her, and allowed her to move freely without the dissablity of one wearing dresses.

So Alyssin simply shrugged away Andrea's rant. Her outfit might not be the most fashionable, but it was all she wanted.

In the mean time, she figured she should introduce herself. Keeping her gaze away from the spoilt Dragoon Andrea, she looked at the others. "We should get to know each other better." She said. "In which case, I'm Alyssin."

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~

After a lot of people tried their luck with becoming a knight, only seven stood on the platform. As the crowd cheered, Diego looked at his fellow knights, though noticed one of the girls was muttering something. Then again the crowd was loud with their cheering, it was going to be a long Ceremony, a very long one. Diego simply stood there and smiled. Inside, however he was planning on how to train for his fight. Then Emperor Diaz started to talk to them after his speech. "The Dragon's have chosen you seven to inherit their power. I wish I could tell you more about how to wield it, how to command it, but those choices are yours and yours alone now. I will not try to command you, for I know not the powers you will learn to wield." The Emperor told the seven with Diego nodding. However, the same girl that was muttering had a glazed look on her face. "If you think yourselves ready, you may join in our assault of Deningrad come sunrise tomorrow. For today, learn and rest. Try to learn the powers you now command, get to know your fellow Dragoons, and rest up tonight if you feel ready to head into battle." and with that Diaz just left the seven alone.

As soon as he left, the girl that was chosen by the fuchsia orb began stating her opinions about their appearance . Hi eyes narrowed when she began making fun of his skin and tattoos. These tattoos were given to me as a sign of Brotherhood from the Gigantos he said as part of him wanted to beat her until she cried with the shillelagh. However, now was not the time for that. He decided to wait until she finished her tirade. Diego always wondered who designed the clothes. "Like what? Go back to your shallow existence? You have a higher calling now. Also, what right do you have to judge us based on our appearance. I recall a saying a friend told me: "Beauty is skin-deep, but ugliness runs to the bone." From what it looks like, you may think your outfit is good, but underneath you're pretty rotten so far," Diego bluntly stated. His hand slightly twitched toward the direction of the shillelagh. "By the way, my name is Diego, Diego Vendrix," he said.

((Wow, Andrea reminds me alot of another char I often RPed alongside with, just not as shallow))

Last edited:

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Micheal Azreal

~Fort Magrad~

Micheal was so proud to think he had made it this far. He had never expected this, he always thought he'd be nothing more than a commoner, and now he was a Dragoon, a soldier made to destroy the Winglies. But, his joy was taken away and shattered, as one of the females began speaking.

She started to rant on to each person, attacking the way that they were each clothed. It only slightly made Micheal worry about his own attire, but when she finally got to him, she raised a good point. He was still wearing the clothing he had when he first entered this city. Mind you, he hadn't entered the city that long ago, but it was still worth noting.

His jacket felt warm, and he could see from the lack of care for it the leather was wearing away. His pants were sewn together from different pieces of poor, broken clothing. Perhaps she was right, perhaps he did need to go and get some new clothes. Being a designer, she probably knew what he could wear and look at least nice in.

Unlike the other Knights, Micheal wasn't all that poor. He had money from when he had taken up being a baker, and had only been using money from that venture to ensure he could live in a home and feed himself. He was sure he had enough left to buy some clothes.
As he thought, an idea popped into his head. It wasn't a good one, but he was in the mood for a laugh.
"Hey, you said you're a designer? You wouldn't mind making me some clothes to replace these would you?"
He didn't expect a nice response, in fact, he expected a rude one from the way she had reacted to their attire already. But it would be funny, at the very least.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
DVB, Andrea was chosen by the pink/fuchsia orb. My character was the one chosen by the lavender/violet orb.

Charlotte Moore

"Seriously Grandma, aren't you a bit too young to wear that but then again you are wearing black leather so I don't really know what to think here" she then noticed something on the girl. "A nose ring? Seriously I mean really? What do we come from a village from some old far off country that is so wrong." The Dragoon known as Andrea Hensley ranted obviously directed toward her.

"Grandma?" Charlotte thought. She was twenty-one, hardly old, and unless it was a jab directed towards her pale blonde hair, still curly from having released it from her braid, she did not understand what Andrea meant. Charlotte also did not find anything wrong with what she wore, immodest or not. She peered down at the brunette, who stood one inch shorter than her, and deciding that Andrea was rather funny, shed off her leather jacket and laid it out on the table.

"Well, excuse me, O Wise One. Are you even them in the first place, or even me? Leave us alone. You think I'm too young for this outfit? Well, excuse me, but I'm twenty-one, perfectly legal. Besides, isn't your top just as low as mine? This is my fashion sense, the way I am. Nose ring plus my navel piercing? Well, it's my body, I pierce whatever I want. Maybe you're not edgy enough to pull it off, O Classy One? Please, as if we all need your opinion?" Charlotte drawled, narrowing her gray eyes at the twenty-four year old. She turned away from her and faced the other five, grinning.

"Hey, I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Moore." She said warmly, winking. She surveyed the five that stood before her, four of them guys, and one of them a girl, none of then seemingly like the judgmental bearer of the disgustingly fuchsia orb, or so she hoped.

BTW, just to make it clear, Charlotte's nose ring is NOT a bullring on her nose's septum, it's a small, delicate, thin, silver hoop on the far right rim of her right nostril. The normal-looking ones you see pretty often.

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Aaron Kodora

Aaron twitched slightly, his jaws clamping shut to avoid going on a rage. This fashion-freak had just gone through the entire group, picking off everything wrong with their clothes, then said that there was nothing wrong with hers. It made him mad, but he wasn’t going to let that bother him today.

Instead, he pulled down his hood, revealing his short hair, pulled off his sunglasses, and said, “Nice to meet you all. I’m Aaron.” He looked at the fashion-freak, Andrea, the one fashion-freak had called greasy, Alyssin, the shirtless guy called Diego, the one with the piercings named Charlotte, the one who agreed with fashion-freak, Micheal. This is going to be fun, I guess.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Nahgka Kaa

Truth be told, Nahgka was a bit turned off by Andrea. All he could was stick his tongue out and hiss. Nahgka is pretty good at not letting his anger get the better of him. And yet, there were many things that angered Nahgka about Andrea. Most notably the fact that she even got chosen to wield one of the dragon orbs. ...But I guess you can't have a band of heroes of which everyone has perfect personality. Heck, if there's even one person with perfect personality in a group, that would just be creepy.

Afterward, Nahgka's train of thought was interrupted by Charlotte. "Hey, I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Moore," she said, introducing herself. Nahgka looked at her and smiled. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Nahhhg!-ka Kaa." Nahgka realized way too quickly he put too much emphasis on his name. He ended up spitting all over Charlotte. And he didn't even have anything to wipe her face of. "Many apologies for that. I tend to put emphasis on the accent in my name to get the point across. Perhaps if you would like something easier to call me, call me Naga."

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Andrea Hensley

It came off really weird that each of the other knights were just planning their attack on Andrea which didn't surprise her but she waited for all their response to the so called witch herself. The first girl didn't seem that fazed at all but she looked at her clothes which in Andrea's mind stated that she had placed a tiny seed but not of any affect that we do her well. The girl just introduced herself but she didn't look at all at Andrea. "We should get to know each other better." She said. "In which case, I'm Alyssin." Andrea knew that she planted something easily because she didn't look at her. However the next guy worked perfectly. Andrea got him stirred up "Perfect" she thought looking at him. He started to speak "Like what? Go back to your shallow existence? You have a higher calling now. Also, what right do you have to judge us based on our appearance. I recall a saying a friend told me: "Beauty is skin-deep, but ugliness runs to the bone." From what it looks like, you may think your outfit is good, but underneath you're pretty rotten so far," Andrea smiled as he then introduced himself "By the way, my name is Diego, Diego Vendrix," Andrea started to talk "Like not being here, I don't even know why am I here. I am not a hero at all but I don't think my outfit is good, I know it is good. Everyone always sees the skin meaning beauty is always there you don't even have to know the person. I doubt you would go to an ugly girl and ask her out. You would always ask the pretty girl, you know it and they all know it" Andrea smirked before finishing off "Aren't we all rotten, we never want sweet" she winked before looking at the other four.

Now this was interesting. It was the nosering girl to fight back against Andrea. "Well, excuse me, O Wise One. Are you even them in the first place, or even me? Leave us alone. You think I'm too young for this outfit? Well, excuse me, but I'm twenty-one, perfectly legal. Besides, isn't your top just as low as mine? This is my fashion sense, the way I am. Nose ring plus my navel piercing? Well, it's my body, I pierce whatever I want. Maybe you're not edgy enough to pull it off, O Classy One? Please, as if we all need your opinion?" Now this was very interesting as the girl placed her leather jacket on a table. "I would have been glad to leave you guys alone but for some reason I am stuck here, so love I wouldn't complain about it because I don't want do this hero game. I am not a hero, I am just a woman who loves to design clothes" Andrea stared at her with the green eyes. "That maybe true but edgy never carries well, girl as we can see with you but then again I don't need your opinion because I know what I do and I do it well and maybe your top is as low but I don't flaunt it, Harlot oh yes I did" Andrea smirked "I don't need to look at my colleagues for support as well and one more thing edgy doesn't get what they want, classy always does" she lowered her voice until she heard the name of the girl "Hey, I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Moore."Obviously it was to the rest of the group.

She moved on to the less talking ones just to get it over with them after the 'Grandma'. The hooded guy obviously must have been affected by what Andrea said because he took off the hoodie and the sunglasses. He just introduced his name "Nice to meet you all. I’m Aaron.” Which was pretty well played but she did play her part. The next male was just as silent but was kind of awkward. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Nahhhg!-ka Kaa." he said to the rest of the group before walking up to the 'Grandma' as Andrea labeled her. He accidently spat on the 'Grandma' "Many apologies for that. I tend to put emphasis on the accent in my name to get the point across. Perhaps if you would like something easier to call me, call me Naga." Andrea was on the verge of cracking up but she had to keep the straight face, she had to. The last guy was basically trying avoid anything going wrong with the issues that happened. He didn't even try and argue with surprised Andrea but she just shrugged in her mind. "Hey, you said you're a designer? You wouldn't mind making me some clothes to replace these would you?" he asked. Andrea turned around and smiled "I have no problem with that. All I need is your measurements and what you are looking for. I should have it done, so stop over at the clothing store nearby and I will help you there" she answered the male with a polite tone. "Anyway I'm Andrea and I am going to say this. Don't give me this hero thing I am not a hero I am just a designer and a woman who loves the rich end of life. You people that hate me could say that I am a spoiled brat, self centered or a princess but I don't care and have fun heroes" Andrea flicked her dark brown hair and just started to walk off.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~

Diego rolled his eyes at what Andrea said before he went in front of her and blocked her path. "Listen, I'm sorry if I offended you. However, we were all chosen. That means essentially, we were all chosen for a reason. Let's be honest, we know little about ourselves and each other. Perhaps the dragons..." he said as he looked at his reflection that was seen in the orb. "They looked beyond the walls we placed to protect ourselves... the memories with the feelings attached... and beyond the general picturization we place on ourselves and our everyday lives... and look at the great picture... the greater good," Diego said as he stood in front of Andrea's way, side-stepping each time she tried to go around him. "The dragons... they were sacrificed for the greater good... I suppose for their sake, we do the same for them and end the reign of terrible Winglies," he said as he looked at Andrea with an intense look.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore

Charlotte couldn't help but snicker to herself as she heard Andrea's new nickname for her.

"Cute, really cute. Harlot huh? Funny how that's part of my name. O Perfect One's creative, I'll give her that. She hates my clothes? At least I wear clothes, not that it would be hard to streak in front of her if that would piss her off. Anything to make conservatives cry, I suppose." Charlotte mused to herself. She had to admit, it was rather clever of Andrea to find an insulting nickname which happened to be a part of her actual name. She always went by the nickname "Lottie" among her coworkers, so this was a new, and rather amusing nickname to her. She turned and faced the other five, now four, seeing that one of them followed Andrea to ask for clothes.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Nahhhg!-ka Kaa....many apologies for that. I tend to put emphasis on the accent in my name to get the point across. Perhaps if you would like something easier to call me, call me Naga." A bold boy said, apologizing as he let a few saliva droplets spray on her face. Charlotte took untied her black cloth which she used to secure her hair into a braid while working, from one of the straps of her tank to and dabbed it onto her face, making a mental not to wash it later on, she hadn't for a week already. She noticed that the speaker had a distinctive blue tongue.

"It's OK, it's OK...Naga." She said as she smiled flirtatiously at him.

“Nice to meet you all. I’m Aaron.” A teenage boy in a hoodie spoke up.

"We should get to know each other better. In which case, I'm Alyssin." A redheaded girl with striking blue eyes said.

"By the way, my name is Diego, Diego Vendrix." The dark-haired male next to Alyssin introduced.

"Nice meeting you all. If you'd like, you could call me Lottie." Charlotte said, relieved to find out that most of those chosen turned out to be friendly after all.

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Micheal Azreal

~Fort Magrad~

Micheal watched as the entire group proceeded to either attack the woman, or simply disregard the comment, and act as if they had not been somewhat effected by it. As the assaults ended, the woman spoke again, this time countering most every single compliment and attack. It was clear to Micheal this had not been her first outburst and inevitable rebuttal.
Micheal crossed his arms, expecting some sort of snappy insult, something along the lines of how no one could make his get up look good or something to that effect. But what he got, was quite the opposite. She spoke in a polite tone, and said she could easily give him a new look. He was taken aback, and blinked in surprise. As she turned and began to walk away, Micheal looked at the rest of the group, and shrugged. It seemed like he had made the best first impression with her, so he thought it’d be best to not be a total jerk about it. He followed her close, but not before one of the other guys got in her way, and started preaching on about how they were all heroes now. This was the kind of thing that annoyed Micheal.

”Buddy, just leave it alone for a while. None of us really planned on being heroes. She has a job here, I doubt many of us have that. She probably has friends too, and having to suddenly join an army and get rid of those things must be hard.”

Micheal felt like he was getting up in the guys face, but had no intention of doing so. He was simply trying to be helpful, it was in his nature.
”I am amazed and proud to have been chosen, but that’s me. It’s clear you think in the same way, but not all people think or feel the same way. There’s no point in trying to make people think the same way as you, if they are already determine to think differently.”
Micheal didn’t feel that way at all. He thought it was strange someone was not willing to embrace this honor. So why was he saying all this? He looked at the girl, and then back at the man. He sighed heavily, before scratching the back of his head.
”Understand man?”